Chapter 12: Breaking Point

Unwillingly Yours

 

Kyra awoke to a pounding headache that made her groan loudly in pain. Once again she ended up in her room and didn’t know how she got there. All she could remember was her storming out in a fit on Jaejoong for setting her up to deal with the psychotic foursome. Thinking about it relit the flames of anger inside of her. She turned herself so that her feet dangled off her bed and she proceeded to bury her face in her hands and sighed. The anger in her however began to only increase. She looked over to her vanity and noticed a few scraps of paper on it. It was the letters to her mother. It was at that point that her anger boiled over and she sprung up to grab the papers and growled animalistically as she ripped them once. When the anger didn’t ebb even the slightest she  began to tear them in a frenzy, her growls becoming screams as she did so, and soon anger turned into sadness. She wanted to hit something, she needed to break things. Something to make the anger and pain go away. So she got up to her dresser and yanked it down to the floor with a very audible crash. 

She screamed as she bashed the back of it with her fists, denting the cork like backing to it after a few hits. When that wasn’t enough she eyed her vanity. She rushed over to it and yanked it down as well. The mirror attached to it hit one of her bed posts and shatter loudly, sending glass all over her bed and the carpeting. Tears still streamed down her face after everything and she was sobbing uncontrollably. Everything just kept on crashing down around her and she hated it. She hated herself for being here and hated her mother for doing this to her. She hated Jaejoong for everything. All of them. Every last one of those blood bastards had something to do with her pain, and she hated them for it. She made her way to the bathroom, still crying and still in a blind rage. She stared at herself in the mirror. She hated what she saw. Pink puckered lines on both sides of her cheeks along with a nice bruise, and a swollen scabbed bottom lip. Her eyes were still slightly sunken in the underside of them were dark and it made her look sickly, even more so with her bright eye color, her skin was still pale, and her neck wound was still swollen. Pathetic. Pathetic. Pathetic. She kept chanting over and over in her head as she looked at herself before she was saying it out loud and eventually screaming it. She punched the glass in the mirror, shattering some of it and embedding some shards in her knuckles. 

Blood spattered onto the cracked glass and the white sink. Once the pain of the glass in her skin hit her, she just cried, burying her face in her hands.  Blood dripped down her fingers and soaked through her clothes and she let it. She let the pain from everything radiate through her body. It calmed her somehow, and it shoved the anger she felt back into its little box.  There was one thing Kyra overlooked however, and it wasn’t that she was bleeding. It was the fact that she was bleeding in a house run by vampires. She had basically sent out food invitations and was unaware that one of them had just accepted the offer.

Changmin was on his way up the stairs to see Yunho when he reached the third floor. The sweet coppery scent of blood filled his nostrils causing him to stop in his tracks and inhale deeply. His appetite was almost immediately awakened. Following his nose, he was led to a bed room that was right near the stairs. It was Kyra’s room. “Well isn’t this just absolutely perfect.” Changmin remembered the last conversation he had with Kyra and it was that he owed her lunch. It was a bit early, but there was always time for an in-between snack. He barged into her room unannounced and was hit by the overpowering scent of blood. His hunger and blood lust rose immediately to the point where he couldn’t control himself even if he wanted to. His eyes turned into a bright shade of crimson as he entered the room to find it wrecked. It distracted him somewhat as he wondered if someone else beat him to the punch. He didn’t sense any of the others. All he heard was sobs. He turned his attention to the right and saw Kyra on the floor propped up against the door, head in bloody hands. She hadn’t heard him come in, which made this a little too easy for him. So he decided to grab her attention.

“Oh Kyra.” He chimed in an eerie sing song voice.

Kyra’s head shot up immediately at the sound of his voice, her face was covered in blood. The look in Kyra’s eyes excited him. It was fear. His eyes became even redder and glowed slightly causing her to gasp.

“C-Changmin… what are you doing here?” She began scooting backwards some. Her fingers still stung, but her body began tuning out most of the pain as adrenaline pumped through her. Of all the vampires in the house, this was the one she could say she feared the most, since he didn’t hide his aggression and he rarely seemed to control himself.

“Me? Oh nothing, just about to have some lunch, I’m so glad you remembered your promise to offer me some. I thought you would have forgotten by now.” As he spoke she noticed his fangs peeked out as he grinned devilishly at her. The hunger in his eyes terrified her, and she felt like a deer in the headlights as he rushed at her. Before he could make it inside she kicked the door shut as hard as she could, slamming it in his face. He roared at her, it seemed like he was in pain and he started to curse her out and bang on the door, splintering the wood. In her panic she screamed the first name she could at the top of her lungs.

“Y-Yoochun! Help me please! Changmin is trying to kill me!” She called for him again and again as Changmin thrashed his way through the door. Her breath was caught in as he charged in and picked her up by her shirt causing it to rip some. He carried her out of the bathroom like that and switched his grip to around her neck as he lifted her and pinned her up against the wall. She gasped to breathe  as the vampire’s grip got tighter, blocking her airways. Her bite wound which was still sensitive began to throb. Tears streamed down Kyra’s face as she stared into his eyes. She struggled to speak but no words would come out.

“Oh what’s that? I can’t hear you. You’re offering me all of your blood? That is so very kind of you. I think I’ll take you up on that offer, even if you’ll only be a light snack.” He flashed her a wicked smile. She tried clawing at his hand, but with the glass still in her skin she could only left light scratches that didn’t even faze him. He pressed himself up against her, pinning her against the wall with his body as he switched his grip from her neck to her shoulders.  He pulled her head forward to mover her hair to one side and leaned down, running his tongue along her bite wounds, causing them to tingle.

She tried screaming again; however it came out more hoarse and cracked this time.

“Yoochun!” She sobbed. Changmin grazed his fangs over her neck a few times, causing her to squirm and shiver. He liked the feeling of control he had over her, and when he got bored of that he sunk his teeth into her neck.  She screamed as loud as she could from the pain, her ice blue eyes were wide open and her pupils were dilated to a painfully small size.

                                                  ------------------------------------------

Yoochun was sitting in the lounge on the first floor talking with Junsu about simple things. School, replacements, and even what they should be feeding the girls next week. That was until One of Yunho’s girls came barging in unannounced fear plastered on her face. The two of them stood up immediately as Yoochun asked her what was wrong.

“I-It’s Master Changmin Master Yoochun. He’s in one of the girls rooms and she was screaming for you. I think it came from Jaejoong’s side of the house.” Yoochun looked at Junsu and he nodded.  Yoochun thanked the girl and told her to get Jaejoong as quickly as possible and took off towards the third floor with Junsu close behind. It didn’t take long for the smell of blood to reach the duo as they reached the third floor. One of the girl’s room doors was opened and it was obvious that was where the smell was coming from. Barging in, Yoochun was a little shocked to see Changmin feeding off of Kyra. Why was she calling for him and not Jaejoong?

“Changmin. Stop it right now.” He said in an authoritative tone. The younger vampire’s head lifted, and he his fangs clear of blood.

There was a grin on his face. “Oh hello guys, come to have a bite? Well too bad. You know I don’t share what’s mine.”

Junsu was next to speak. “Except for the fact that the girl you are feeding from doesn’t belong to you, she belongs to Jaejoong. So I suggest you put her down and come with us before things get ugly for you. You’re already in enough trouble for killing Myorin; you don’t need to decide your fate so rashly by killing another girl that isn’t yours.”

Changmin’s eyes glowed dangerously. “Both of you alone aren’t enough to take me on right now and you know it.” He hissed. “You two shouldn’t even be butting in regardless, since she isn’t any of your concern anyways. She’s Jaejoong’s and if he really gave a he would be keeping a closer eye on his food. She practically invited me to do it anyways.” He smirked and turned his attention to Kyra the drops of blood on her neck causing Kyra to whimper softly.

“Changmin. Last warning.” Yoochun growled lowly, it was more towards the fact that he was disobeying him, rather than because he was upset about the fact that it was Kyra. Junsu and Yoochun turned their attention to the doorway. Changmin noticed this and turned his attention to them.  The twosome backed away from the door to let Jaejoong step in. He looked around Kyra’s wrecked room observing the damage that was done. The smell of blood was strong, and it sent a little buzz to the back of his head trying to awaken his hunger, but he was able to block it off in the same manner as Yoochun and Junsu were. “Changmin. Outside. Now.” Jaejoong’s domineering air stirred something within the younger vampire which caused him to push Kyra into the wall causing her to let out a tiny squeak of pain as he did so. He stared down Jaejoong whose eyes were starting to get golden flecks in them and released his hold from Kyra. She yelped in pain as she slumped down to the floor.  Changmin silently walked out of the room. Jaejoong looked at the semi-conscious Kyra crumpled on the floor and turned his attentions to the two males in the room. “See to it that she gets taken to the infirmary. Once I deal with Changmin I’ll take over from there.” On his way out he punched the door frame, causing it to splinter and crack which made Kyra jump slightly in shock. She couldn’t move her head to face them. Even if she did, everything was blurry; she could however hear them and was just glad Changmin was away from her. Her lungs burned as they took in oxygen, her body heaved, Blood was caked on her skin and clothes and she was pretty sure some of it was in her hair.  The next thing she knew she was in Yoochun’s arms and he was telling Junsu to run ahead and notify ‘them’ of the situation. Kyra assumed it was the people who worked at the infirmary, but at this point she was also considering it to be the morgue. Her entire being pulsated and she closed her eyes for a bit.  Yoochun carried her down the stairs and into the foyer. When they had gotten there, all the girls were gathered around gasping as they saw the battered girl being carried off outside. She couldn’t make out faces since her vision was going, but she could still hear clearly when Yoochun suddenly spoke to her.

“Why did you call for me?” He asked as he stepped outside. It was a cloudy but sunny day outside and the brightness of it made Kyra shut her eyes and whimper in pain. She felt herself being putdown on a soft surface out of the sun and when she opened her eyes she was laying in the limo. Yoochun sat next to her and soon after she could feel the limo moving.  Remembering the question she struggled to respond hoarsely. “Because you would help me…”Her voice was a little above a whisper at that point.  “What happened to you exactly?” He asked. Kyra tried to answer but once again the world was getting black.

“N-Not…again….” She whined. And before everything went black she managed to whisper “J…Jaejoong…” Not again. I can’t be blacking out again…

                                               ---------------------------------------------------

The next time Kyra awoke it was to the sounds of beeping. She was completely disoriented and couldn’t move. Her body was once again heavy and there was a dull pain thrumming throughout her. She groaned slightly and drifted back off into unconsciousness.

Yoochun and Jaejoong were in the infirmary talking amongst themselves when Kyra stirred. The paused their conversation to see what else would happen, but she went still again soon after.

“So what do you know so far?” Jaejoong asked with a sigh as he glanced over to the girl in the hospital bed who was hooked up to an IV and machines. His flower had been ruined. Ruined by a child who didn’t know how to keep off the grass. His attention went back to Yoochun as he spoke. “Nothing really. One of Yunho’s girls came to get me. She came in running and screaming that Changmin was in one of the girl’s rooms on your floor and that she was calling for me.”

“Calling for you?” Jaejoong raised his brow at this.

“My thoughts exactly. I thought it was one of my girls at first, but when she said it was coming from your end of the place I had a feeling it wasn’t and when Junsu and I got there the place was pretty much wrecked and Changmin was feeding.”

“Anything else?” Jaejoong asked while shifting his weight to his other foot.

“No. Not exactly, except before she out she said your name. I asked her what had happened and she said ‘Not again. Jaejoong.’ And after that she passed out.” Yoochun shrugged and stretched before speaking again. However Jae. I am curious if you can tell me why she mentioned your name instead of Changmins when I asked her what happened.”

“She met the girls the other day.” He said with a bit of a smile.

“You sent her to your garden of death? You can be so cruel sometimes Jae you know that?” Yoochun chastised.

“Yes, I suppose I can, however, things got a little out of hand when I returned.” His expression was serious now.

Yoochun tilted his head to the side in curiosity.  “What do you mean? Don’t things with those four normally get a ‘little’ out of hand?”

“Mm. Yes but Jang Mi had a knife and looked about as far gone as Changmin.”

“You don’t say?” Yoochun was a little shocked at the knife part, but he had always known there was definitely something wrong with 80% of the girls that lived with them, and given the circumstances it was normal.

“I did also notice however that the other three were off to the side nursing their wounds. All Hana had was a few scratches and a busted lip.”

“Well that’s a bit of a surprise. I know you’re girls are psychotic, and I know they usually intimidate the crap out of the new girl till she’s dealt with by someone else, but I have never known them to actually get into a scuffle. And Hana? That’s the name she ending up having?”

“With a little convincing on my part of course.” He grinned and the other male shook his head.

“However that brings me to the condition she is in now. When I picked her up off the hall floor after that incident she apparently banged her head on the marble flooring and had a bruise. The state that she is in now is due to whatever happened during the incident with Changmin. But what I found odd was that there was blood on the broken bathroom mirror, sink and floor. There is no trail of blood leading into the bathroom, only out towards the wall where he pinned her. At one point the blood on the floor was smudged around which leads me to believe that Changmin must have found her in the bathroom already bleeding. And she shut the door on him and he tore it down.” He paused for a moment. “I also found letters to her mother ripped and strewn about the room.”

“So what are you saying?” Yoochun asked as he folded his arms across his chest.

“What I’m saying is, is that I don’t think Changmin is fully at fault for his actions.”

Yoochun had a look of surprise now and stared at Jaejoong in a bit of disbelief. “Now this you’ll have to explain to me.”

Jaejoong nodded. “I will. I think, and I’m almost positive actually that Hana was pissed off when she woke up, saw her letters to her mother and flipped out. This resulted in her eventually punching the mirror, which explains the glass fragments in her knuckles. I also know that around the time this all happened Changmin was going to go see Yunho. Yunho wanted to let him know which girl he would be feeding from a week from now. The stairs are right next to Kyra’s room and he had to have smelled it, and being that he is still a young vampire you know he can’t control his hunger yet.”

Yoochun considered this and it all seemed to make sense. So he voiced his thoughts. “It does make sense, but moving onto Changmin for a moment, I am pretty sure he can control himself, but he just chooses not to, and when things get too far, someone always ends up dead. Someone needs to beat it into that thick skull of his that he can’t act like this and disobey his superiors the way he has been.”

Jaejoong nodded in agreement. “Yes, but once school starts again, the elders will deal with him, and once he becomes their problem there isn’t much we can do about it.” Jaejoong looked at Hana again who was breathing slowly but steadily. “They said she is going to need a transfusion to deal with the blood loss. And they will probably have to surgically remove the glass since it’s imbedded. But we should be getting back now. I’ll come back to check on her in a few days, a week the latest.”

“Speaking of, what did you end up doing with Changmin?” Yoochun asked as they made their way out of her room.

“Well we definitely did fight, and he did end up losing and now he is locked in the basement for a few days. If he wants to act like an animal that can’t control himself then he is going to be treated as such. A week without feeding, and then afterwards he will get fed about a liter or so twice a day for three days. When he can prove that he’s a good boy he can have his food straight from the tap. I do have to admit that he’s getting stronger though. I can understand why Yunho won’t kill him off.”

Yoochun vocalized an agreement. “So what blood are you giving him then?”

“Pigs blood with a small vial of one of his house keeper’s blood diluted in the mix.” Jaejoong smirked.

Yoochun scrunched his nose in disgust. “Ugh. That’s disgusting. You really are a Cruel man Jae.” Jaejoong let out a whole hearted laugh as they left the infirmary.

                                 -----------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong came back almost a week later to visit her. One of the nurses was leaving her room and Jaejoong had questioned her about her condition.

“Well everything is going along smoothly, at least physically. Emotionally or psychologically I can tell that there are more than a few things wrong with her.”

Jaejoong thanked the nurse and stepped into the room. She looked a lot better than he expected her to be. Her scratches were gone, and her lip wasn’t swollen anymore. There was still a little bit of a scab on it and her bruise was still slightly visible on her face but otherwise she looked way healthier. Her hair was picked up in a high pony tail with a bit of fringe out over the left side of her face; this allowed him to see the small puncture marks on her neck. The swelling had gone down considerably since he last saw her as well as the bruising on her neck. Her knuckles were bandaged but figured that they too were healing up; she was no longer hooked up to anything so he figured he would be able to take her back to mansion probably today. When she noticed him her expression turned to a dark spiteful glare and he couldn’t help but chuckle.

“Hana, nice to see that you are healing up nicely.” He grinned and made his way over to the chair by her bed. She glared at him the entire time he walked over to her and even as he sat down.

“No thanks to you.” She hissed. Hana was pissed. Even a week later, she was still as mad as she had been when she ransacked her own room. “Why are you here? To ruin my day? Because if so you’re doing a great job, and even if you aren’t you’re still doing a great ing job.” Her words dripped venom. And the fact that he smiled at her and even had the audacity to laugh in her face made her temper skyrocket to the point where she started getting a headache.

“I’m here to check up on you. You are mine after all. I also want to confirm what happened, if you can still remember. But first how are you feeling since the incident?” He leaned onto her bed as she talked.

Hana twitched. “To check up on me? Seriously? It’s kind of your fault that I ended up in here. You sent your crazy flower es to do your dirty work and then tried to play the hero so I could be eternally grateful to you, but that backfired didn’t it?  And you want to know how I am feeling? Well let’s see Jaejoong.”

 

He cut her off. “Master-“she cut him right back off.

Master Jaejoong…” She rolled her eyes. “ Aside from the fact that I was essentially sold, kidnapped and tricked into living with you and a bunch of strangers, and the fact that you bribed my mother, drank my blood, put me in a room with four psycho’s and then almost killed by your even more psychotic vampire friend Changmin. I would say that waking up in the hospital to people who weren’t any of you guys was the best ing thing that ever happened, but in True ‘Master’  Jaejoong style, you are here to take even this peace that I’ve had away from me by showing up.” If looks could kill Jaejoong was sure the world would have exploded by now. He could have disciplined her right there, but he was thoroughly entertained by her spirit.

She opened to speak again and he waited for the next onslaught of insults and fighting words to come. “And what do you mean you want to confirm something? If you are talking about how Changmin ended up in the mix, yes I remember. It’s been permanently been burned into my nightmares.” Her tone was flat now as she spoke, sounding less temperamental and more irritated.

“Good then can you tell me exactly what happened? Or at least what you remember?”

So she did, in excruciating detail, putting the blame on him throughout in many attempts to make him feel guilty, and somehow he did feel a little remorse for what happened, but most of the other girls had similar stories on ending up here, and that eventually got old and lost its effect. But as Jaejoong expected, his assumptions were right.

“Thank you for telling me this. And just so you know I am very truly sorry that Changmin did what he did to you Hana.” He brought his hand over to cheek to it but she flinched away from him. Sighing he withdrew his hand. He expected as much from her. “So are you ready to go home today? Because regardless of your answer I am taking you home no later than tomorrow night.”

Hana thought about this. As much as she would love to stay away from that house for as long as she could, she was feeling lethargic and honestly a little lonely in here. So with a heavy sigh she told him. “I’m ready to go home today.”

The answer shocked Jaejoong visibly and it caused Hana to ask him why he made such a face.

“I was honestly not expecting you to say that, but if that’s the case then, alright. Let me go talk to the nurses.”

As he got up to leave she suddenly called out to him. “But wait a second! I don’t have any clothes to wear… they got rid of mine. I can’t just leave out here in a hospital gown.” She blushed. Jaejoong suddenly laughed at her. Just a few seconds ago she was pissed at him and didn’t want anything to do with him, but now she wanted him to get her clothes and was blushing. He could never really know what to expect from this one. “I’ll see what I can do for you then.” And he left to go talk to the nurses and call Junsu. Around fifteen minutes later she was discharged and Junsu came with Hana’s clothes in a bag.  As the two men waited for her to get dressed Junsu made small talk.

“Well she looks way better now at least.” Jaejoong nodded in agreement.

“Mm. Is her room all fixed up?”

“Yes, but did you ever figure out how everything was so wrecked?”

“Of all the things destroyed in that room. Would you believe me if I told you that Changmin is only responsible for the bathroom door?” Jaejoong cracked a smile as he saw Junsu’s expression.

“Seriously?” Junsu asked in disbelief.

“Seriously.” Jaejoong confirmed, laughing as he spoke.

Junsu whistled. “You always end up with the interesting ones don’t you?”

Jaejoong was about respond when he heard Hana speak as she walked towards them.

“Oh. Junsu. Thank you for bringing me clothes.” She smiled at him somewhat flinching because her cheek was still a bit sore. Hana felt good to be in her actual clothes again, she was also in a good mood because her body no longer ached and she was relaxed. But Hana knew that she should cherish it while it lasted because that house was going to ruin it all.

“No problem, I am glad to see you are feeling better.”

“I was just about to tell Junsu how I should switch your name.” Jaejoong said with a grin and Junsu looked at him a little confused.

“What? To what?” Hana asked curiously.

“To Gi Jul.” he chuckled, this caught Junsu completely off guard and he snorted and burst out laughing. “Seriously Jae? You’re too much.”

“What the hell did he just say?” Hana said flatly as her eyes became glaring slits.

“He basically wants to name you ‘one who faints.’” Junsu snickered. “He’s a cruel man with a weird sense of humor sometimes.” Junsu playfully punched Jaejoong’s shoulder. Jaejoong kept on grinning as if he was the cleverest person in the world and as Hana’s mood began to drop, she could feel a headache begin to come on.

Jaejoong explained why. “In about the three weeks that she has been here, she has passed out probably four times last week alone. I think I sense a pattern.” Hana glared daggers at the tall male in front of her.

“Well now let’s see. The first time was because you decided to drink my blood, the second time was because I was jumped by your goons and the third time was because Changmin almost succeeded in killing me. Where is this fourth time you are speaking of?” Hana crossed her arms in front of her.

“The first day you were brought in, you joined the world of the living for a moment.” Hana found it funny how a vampire was saying that. “But it was brief and you knocked right back out. But that brings me to this question I wanted to ask you.” He paused baiting her to ask what it was.

And she took it. “What is it?”

“Why did you call for Yoochun and not for me? Yoochun is not responsible for you.” Jaejoong stared at her for a moment before turning around to walk towards the buildings exit. Junsu followed shortly after and so did Hana who quickly made her way to Jaejoongs left side as she answered him. “At first I honestly didn’t know. It was the first name that came to mind. I thought about it actually, and I guess the truth of the matter is, Yoochun is the one who helped me out with Changmin before. In fact out of everyone here, Yoochun is the only one that has helped me. Why would I call for you when you don’t give a damn about what happens to me?”

Jaejoong reflected on it for a minute before answering. “I guess you do have a point. But whether you notice it or not, everyone has their favorites. If you want special treatment from me, or for me to care about you just a little bit more than the other girls after you’re fully integrated you’ll do your best to be on my good side. The newbie special treatment you have been getting will be cut off almost immediately at the end of the month when you get sized for your uniform. By then you’re just another food option. You’ll do well to try and remember the warning I gave you earlier in the week. Disrespect isn’t going to be tolerated, and if you keep acting the way you have been, your life will only be more difficult than it has to be.”

By the time Jaejoong had finished speaking they were getting into a limo and heading back to the mansion. No one said anything but Hana definitely said a few choice words in her head.

Bring it on . 

 

------------------

Posted: 2/27/2012

Officially the longest chapter I have ever written. A lot happens, and I hope it doesn't bore you. Of all the chapters I would actually like to know what you guys think about everything that happens in this one. I'm glad people keep subscribing and commenting, it gives me motivation to write more. Also. The reason why she doesn't refer to herself as Kyra anymore will be explained later on, but I would like to know if you want her to keep refering to herself as Hana or Kyra? if you could possibly leave a comment below answering that I'd be grateful. As always thank you for reading and I hope you stick with me till the end and enjoy <3 Chapter 13 will be posted up soon.