Chapter 18: Confidant

Unwillingly Yours

 

Kyra couldn’t sleep. She didn’t end up going back to her room like she originally planned, and instead decided to creep back downstairs to go to the lake in the back and just sit out there. Her bite mark pulsated a bit and was sensitive to the touch and it kept bringing her back to when she woke up in the arms of a shirtless Jaejoong. Her heart started racing and she felt her stomach knot up. “Seriously. This is not a good way to be going. I recognize what you’re doing stomach. I refuse to develop anything more than a physical attraction for him. It’s okay to recognize someone’s physical attractiveness, but it is not okay to go any further than that. You hear me?” She looked down at her stomach which growled at her in response. “Whatever. I’m going to ignore you now.” She whispered as she crept her way into the group lounge on the first floor. As she made her way outside, the sound of someone’s startled her.

“So it seems I wasn’t wrong. Someone else is awake.” It was the ever elusive and intimidating Yunho. He was sitting on a deck chair with his eyes closed. Is this the vampire version of sun bathing? She thought chuckling to herself.

“Master Yunho. I’m sorry I didn’t know anyone was out here. I’ll be out of your way.” He made her very uncomfortable, and it wasn’t because he did anything to her, it was just everything she witnessed from him. It was him and Changmin that placed Moksori’s body into the fire.

She started to walk back inside when Yunho spoke to her again. “Ah, and Jae says she was incapable of using the right titles. You don’t have to go. You aren’t intruding. Where were you heading off to? You wouldn’t happen to be running away would you?” He chuckled as he opened his eyes. They were dark thankfully and Kyra was put a little at ease. “Surprisingly no. I was just going to go sit at the lake for a little while to go clear my head. Is that okay?”

Yunho gave her an incredulous look before speaking. “Yes, why wouldn’t it be?”

“It’s just because no one is ever up and about at this time…whatever time it is.”

“It’s three in the morning.” He said matter-of-factly. “And the only reason you wouldn’t see any of the girls out and about at this time, is because unlike you hey have an official working schedule. In fact you should be officially working here in two days’ time. So you’ll fall into the same sleeping patterns soon enough. But for now, you’re free to wander with restrictions. Mind if I join you?”

Kyra didn’t know what to respond to first, or even how to respond to his request. Thinking quickly she figured she obviously couldn’t say no to him and responded with a polite. “Yes, I wouldn’t mind the company.” She watched as Yunho got up and she was reminded of how short she was as he towered over her. He was wearing beige khaki shorts with a gray hoodie and white sneakers. He liked his style, but couldn’t help but wonder why he was dressed that way especially at this time. Was he going somewhere? Or did he just come back from somewhere. Kyra figured it was none of her business and dropped it before she ended up ‘putting her nose where it didn’t belong.’ as Jaejoong had reminded her a few times. The thought of him sent her heart racing and Yunho looked at her oddly.

“Are you okay? Do you think I’m going to hurt you?”

“What? Oh, no I don’t think that at all Master Yunho.” Kyra didn’t know why the word master came out so much easier when she was speaking to Yunho, and she assumed it had to be because he radiated authority.

“So why is your heart racing then?” He asked with a smirk on his face.

Her eyes went wide and she blushed in embarrassment. He can hear my heart race? What the hell? “It’s just… well I will admit I am a little nervous to be around you…” She half lied looking down at the wooden deck flooring.  He did make her nervous, but he wasn’t the reason why her heart was racing now.

“Ah I see. Given that you witnessed what you did on the balcony. I am sorry you had to be a witness to that.” He said sincerely and made his way down the steps and onto the grass.

Kyra was lost in her thought until she realized where he was walking was near where she puked, When she looked down at the lawn she found it was gone, someone must have washed it away with water. Sighing in relief that she avoided another embarrassing moment she followed him. On the way to the lake they spoke.

“So how are you finding yourself adjusting to life here?” He asked as they walked. The night was bright because the moon was full, and it illuminated the area in a soft ethereal glow.

“Oh fine actually. Surprisingly so, given the circumstances.” She couldn’t really tell him how she felt. She hated being here, but she was starting to accept that this was going to be her new life and she needed to just deal with it.

“Yes, I heard about what happened with Changmin. You’ll have to forgive him. He’s still a young vampire and can’t fully control himself. That’s probably one of the only main reasons he’s alive right now.” He said as they reached the wooden jetty and made their way to the edge to sit down.

Suddenly her brain decided it would go into its normal curiosity over sensitivity mode and she found herself blurting out “So how are you dealing with the death of Myorin?” She shut , cupping her hands over it as she stared at him wide-eyed. She apologized quickly for coming out the way she did. “Master Yunho, I’m sorry I even brought that up. Please forgive my insensitivity.”

Yunho Looked at her, and gave her a half smile. He then leaned back on his hands and stared at the moon that hovered lowly over the lake. “It’s okay. I’ll let it slide this time.”

There was an awkward silence after that, and Kyra kicked herself mentally over and over again. How could you even say something so stupid like that Kyra. You idiot.  She was startled out of her thoughts by the sound of Yunho’s voice.

“Do you really want to know how I’m doing?” He asked while not looking at her.

Kyra stared at him and took notice to how attractive he looked with the moons light reflecting off of him. He had a small but masculine face. She shut her eyes tightly for a moment to snap herself out of whatever daze she almost drifted into and answered him. “If it’s not an issue yes.”

Sighing Yunho answered. “Alright then. I’m actually a little bothered by it. She was one of my originals.  She and I… we had a special bond. I don’t know how I would feel about finding a replacement.”

Kyra was shocked by what he had to say and her ice blue eyes stared at him widely. She felt really bad for him. I didn’t know they were capable of having feelings for us… or others in general. The idea of a vampire being able to care for someone was a foreign idea that somehow didn’t sit right with Kyra. And yet she knew his words were sincere. Yunho spoke again when she didn’t say anything.

“Aish. This damned full moon does make us weak. Here I am speaking to the food and the help that despises us as if she was a confidant.”

She continued to stare at him and thought about what to say. “It’s okay to be bothered by it you know.” She paused and had to stifle a laugh as she thought about how ‘you know’ sounded like a play on words of his name. “I can kind of relate to you. In a sense. I felt like my mother and I had a special bond too. But when I found everything out, it was like she died to me. The one person I felt as though I could rely one was gone. I could never imagine having a replacement.” She paused as she reflected. “I’ll never forget her, my mom. At least the good memories I have with her.”

“It’s not really the same thing.” He said totally catching her off guard and deflating her some. “Your mother gave you up willingly. Myorin was taken from me. She was happy with me. I don’t really know you all that well, but if your mom is the best example you can give I think I can confidently say this.” He sighed some before continuing. “Until you know the pain of having someone you dared to care about taken from you, you won’t understand how good memories will never fill the gap you develop afterwards. I think I’m going to call it a night. Don’t stay up too long.” He said as he stood up. Kyra could only stare at him stunned. “Wow, Yoochun was right, you really do have some beautiful eyes. Goodnight.” He said and left. Suddenly it was as if they never had the conversation.

Kyra stared after him and whispered “Good Night.” before turning back to stare at the lake. “Well that was successful.” She said sarcastically. “Did that mean he and Myorin were?” She shook her head. “No way. That’s impossible. The only reason he would have cared about her, is because she was with him for so long. It has to be more like a dog and owner type of relationship.” Kyra felt very odd after saying that, as if she was disrespecting the dead. Staring at the moon which had sunk lower in the sky considerably since the last time she looked at it her mind began to wander. “I wonder if vampires can even have relationships.” Suddenly her mind drifted off to Jaejoong and her heart started to race again. She whined and laid down on the dock hiding her face in her hands. “What the hell is wrong with me?” she asked no one and moved her hands to her side and stared at the stars. “Wow so pretty. I haven’t seen so many stars in years. “I wonder what mom is doing now.” She sighed as the thoughts of her mother made tears form in the corners of her eyes. “You’ve got it wrong Yunho. You think I don’t understand that pain. But you have no idea what I would give to just be back home right now with my mom and have things the way they were before I ended up here.” Kyra Let the tears fall down her face as she cried silently. She stood out there for about fifteen minutes more before she figured it would be best to head back in, shower and try and fall asleep.

                                                   --------------------------------------------

Sleep never came to Kyra that night. There were too many things on her mind and too many feelings inside her. She was hungry, but she ignored the stomach pains. They actually grounded her from getting too emotional again. Kyra hated when she got like this. Come on. You’re a lot stronger than this. Things may be tough now, but you’ve been through tough before. This should be easy. And yet it wasn’t. Living on the streets after the divorce, loosing contact with her younger siblings because of the split. Kyra had her share of tough times just like anyone else did. So why was it that she felt like what she was dealing with was the worst? She didn’t know the story of the other girls, but they could have had it harder than she did and they just lived every day without slowing their stride. Kyra was restless and didn’t know what to do about it. She wanted to talk to someone, anyone but she knew the girls would be asleep still because the sun was just starting to rise up in the sky.  Sighing from pure boredom, she figured it would probably be okay if she made herself something before the kitchen opened up. Slipping on a pair of flip flops she figured it would be okay for her to wander about in her pajamas which were black basketball shorts and a blue spaghetti strapped top. As she made her way out the room she began to wonder who makes the food anyways? She pictured it to be the guys that made it but then laughed quietly at how funny that would actually be. 

As Kyra made her way downstairs she ran into no one as she expected, and let herself into the kitchen as she passed through the dining hall.  No one was in there, so even if she wasn’t supposed to be here, she wouldn’t be getting into any trouble. She passed the stove that Jaejoong made her breakfast on and she automatically smiled. She was about to pass it when she heard a gruff male voice yell at her.

“Hey! You aren’t supposed to be-” The tall portly middleaged man in a chef’s apron yelled before a startled Kyra grabbed the cutting board on the counter and flung it at him. He stumbled back into the rack of trays, which slid back some. Kyra darted out of there not because she was scared of being caught in the kitchen, but because she didn’t want to be the one who was held accountable for possibly disfiguring the chef with a cutting board.

                                              ----------------------------------------------

They found out it was her anyways. Apparently being rebellious, aggressive and always being somewhere she shouldn’t be, made the mystery of the cooks smashed nose a quick solve. No one else would have been in the kitchen, and no one else would have thought the best response to being startled would be to throw the nearest liftable object at the persons face. Her punishment? Was to assist the cook the entire day with the preparation and the setting up of the meals.  Oh joy. Kyra thought oozing sarcasm.  As she left the lounge after being scolded by Yunho she made her way to the kitchen. When she got there her disgruntled expression had turned absolutely sour.

“I’m here.” She said lowly. By the smell of food she could already tell the chef was starting on making breakfast. As she looked up her jaw dropped.

“Oh. Hana, glad you’re here. Let’s get started on breakfast.” The tall chestnut haired vampire said with his usual quirky smile as he glanced at Kyra over his shoulder.

“Oh you’ve gotta be ing kidding me.”

 

-------------------

Posted: 3/2/2012

Sorry this took FOREVER to put up. its been done for a while, but I was breaking night with a few buddies and we had a blast~

so. Lets do a little bit of interaction right now. So I would like to dedicate this chapter to jujuliet~ Hope you feel better sweetie! kill em with your lovely smile <3

And I'd also like to Bring up Hebeyans request for some Jaejoong point of views. GREAT IDEA. I'll be sure to do more of them :3 And to answer your question, I was thinking about doing that. Im not sure if I will though, but yes the idea of having them come along HAS been considered.

I have reached ALMOST 25 subscribers and almost 900 views. I'm ecstatic right now<3 I want to thank you all for reading, subscribing and commenting. You guys are the best and are my motivation to keep writing, so I hope you'll stick with me till the end <3 Thank you all once again~ See you at the next update :3

PS: Didn't proofread this as thoroughly as I should have. Sorry it's not long as i thought it would be.