CHAPTER 9

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

1636d13465e679ae807304671744.gif

NO ONE'S POV

In contrast to what Sharon has said, Chaeyoung noticed how light she was. If it wasn't for the tight embraced and the head resting in her back, the smaller girl would've thought there's was no one sitting on the back end of her bike. If she remembers correctly what Jeongyeon said the other day,

If she remembers correctly what Jeongyeon said the other day,        

This light body is carrying a heavy load.

The only thing she could think of is how unfair the world is. For a girl like her, who seems to be in her early 20's, to feel what she's feeling right now. She looks like she'll break anytime, she doesn't have to say it because the smaller girl noticed it, she's fragile and Chaeyoung thought If she can, she'll do it. If she can take away the burden then she'll carry it for her, forgetting that she is small, even lighter than the girl she has in her back. Maybe this is really how love is supposed to feel.

Chaeyoung would carry the weight that Sharon have in her back, she'll do it for free, without asking anything in return.

MN : "So what did ms. Archi saw in Lauterbrunnen?" The girl in the back asked.

CY : "Ehhh? Ms. Archi?"

MN : "I'm sorry, you probably don't want to be called that."

The girl didn't even take her head off Chaeyoung's back. Not like the smaller girl is complaining, she thought if it's her it'll be fine even if they stay like this forever.

CY : "No it's fine I was just wondering where did that come from."

MN : "Sorry, I just thought it suites you well. You probably saw some magical structures to chose and stay here right?"

CY : "Stop saying sorry.... And yeah I did."

MN : "Oh that's great."

And Chaeyoung realized that Sharon talk in her whisper, she hasn't heard her get loud.

MN : "If you turn left there you'll see the barn."

CY : "Hai!" She enthusiastically said

The moment they arrived at the barn, Chaeyoung was drawn by its simplicity. It doesn't compare to the high structure in the city but the beauty of this place was beyond heaven. Sharon introduced her to the Mullers', she got a taste of the chocolate and saw how they made it. They're about to go,

MN :        

MN : "Hey how about staying for a while?"

CY : "Hmm I don't mind do you have things you have to do?"

MN : "Nothing. But if you want we can stay until you finish drawing?"

CY : "Ehh??"

MN : "I notice how you always have that sketch pad in your bag. And by the looks off you a while ago it seems that the place caught your attention."

CY : "Hmm it did, but I usually get drawn into it. I forgot what time it is and I don't want to leave you without anything to do. It'll be boring to sit down with me."

MN : "Hmm you're right"

CY : "Ehhh? that's rude."

MN : "Hahaha but you said yourself, besides if I was to sit next to you I would probably make you uncomfortable. So how about I'll leave you alone?"

CY : "Then what are you gonna do?"

MN : "I'm going to play with those two."

Sharon pointed at the two girls playing in the field.

CY : "Are you sure?"

MN : "Of course. It's not that hot and there's plenty of clouds. You can stay here and take your time."

CY : "Hmm I promise to finish after an hour."

MN : "Careful Ms. Archi, promises are meant to be broken :)"

She said as she softly smiled at Chaeyoung while walking away.

MN : "Matane Chaeyoung-san."

And Chaeyoung quickly grabs her phone, she hurriedly looks for what the word means.

CY : *Sigh* "See you later huh."

Just like what Sharon said she took out her pad and started drawing the barn, it was too late when she realized. She included Sharon and the two kids who were playing not too far from what she was sitting aside from drawing she also took a couple snap of them.

She included Sharon and the two kids who were playing not too far from what she was sitting aside from drawing she also took a couple snap of them        

Exactly an hour when Sharon came back to check on her. She was finishing the details on Sharon's face when the girl pops out in front of her.

MN : "Can I see?"

CY : "Haha it's nothing, it's not even that good." She said closing the sketch pad.

MN : "Ehhh? You seem good at that."

CY : "Seems haha, we should go. We've gone for a long time. Jeongyeon and Nayeon unnie must be looking for you."

MN : "Hmm okay."

Chaeyoung hopped in the bike and Sharon just followed after. The two of them continued to make there way when the smaller girl notice how Sharon became quiet. She decided to stop and take a quick peek, and there she found

The Edelweiss girl holding onto her tightly, sleeping in peace.

And Chaeyoung continued to pedal, she didn't want to wake up the girl. So she adds an extra ounce of carefulness into it. Once again feel the lightness of Sharon's body.

Then it starts to drizzle, the sun was still up but she didn't want Sharon to get wet. So Chaeyoung stops on the nearest shed. She didn't move because she knew it'll wake Sharon.

She didn't move because she knew it'll wake Sharon

MN : "Hmm." the other girl mumbles.

MN : "Where are we?" She said getting down of the bike.

CY : "Oh, sorry. Did I wake you up?"

MN : "No..."

And Sharon was still half asleep. Chaeyoung finds it really cute, she couldn't stop smiling.

CY : "It started to drizzles so I thought of waiting until it clears up. I hope you don't mind."

MN : "That's fine. I'm sorry if I sleep on you."

CY : "No worries."

The two of them sat on the bench looking at the small drop of rain falling from the bright sky.

MN : "You know back home they call this fox rain. It's an ancient legend in which a cloud loving a fox cried sadly when the fox was going to get married. It's beautiful, right?"

Chaeyoung only nodded in response.

MN : "But at the same time, it's sad. Even if it's already in front of the cloud she couldn't have it. She couldn't do anything but watch from afar."

And all of a sudden the face that was bright and sunny a while ago became gloomy. It's a trivial thing but it triggered something in the other girl. Chaeyoung knew she has to at least try.

CY : "Don't you think she was crying in happiness?"

MN : "Huh?"

CY : "I mean, the sky become dark when it's raining. So if the cloud cried on a sunny day, maybe it's because she was happy?"

MN : "How can you be happy if the only thing you want is being taken away from you?"

CY : "Well, it's hard to be but i guess accepting is the key. The cloud knew it was impossible for the two of them, she knew it will be something beyond her reach. So maybe instead of being sad, she accepted the fact that the two of them can be happy in a different way. That maybe she wanted the fox to be happy even if it wasn't her. Sharon-ssi do you believe that love is greater than anything?"

MN : "Hmm."

CY : "Because I do, especially if it's the kind of love that's genuine. You can love someone and don't end up being with them until your last day but it wouldn't mean any less."

Chaeyoung notice how Sharon slowly lift her shoulder. Even if its something little, she managed to take away some of the loads she's carrying.

CY : "Shall we? She said as she stood up and walk to her bike and Sharon just followed without another word."

MN : "Hmm, thank you."

She wrapped her hand tighter. Chaeyoung's growing accustomed to how Sharon grip into her. It was tight but at the same time, it's still loose. It's the type where it's in the middle of holding on or letting go.

It's the type where it's in the middle of holding on or letting go

CY : "It's nothing. You're very light."

MN : "Uhm yeah..... Also, for giving a new meaning to the fox rain."

CY : "Ehh it's just my thought."

MN : "I know, but I knew you just said that because of me."

CY : "Omo omo, look who's being bold right now."

MN : "Ehhh?"

CY : "Hahaha! Nothing, I said you're welcome. Hold on tighter."

Maybe Sharon hasn't realized it yet but she's pretty gutsy for someone who's too quiet. The thought made Chaeyoung happy. The girl in her back is beginning to shape like her world.

And maybe she's crazy for thinking she can leave Korea behind, for this girl

And maybe she's crazy for thinking she can leave Korea behind, for this girl. She knew it's too early for that but sometimes you just have to take the risk of falling and Chaeyoung is ready to take the leap.

---