CHAPTER 19

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

163c59d2cdea8340265962783498.gif

NO ONE'S POV

MN : "Is this your way of asking me if you can hug me? Haha, maybe... Stop worrying about things, we're just sleeping. Let's go?"

Chaeyoung just nodded back she started to follow Sharon to her room. The place was a little bit brighter than last night. The Edelweiss girl excuses herself to take a shower.

Chaeyoung was left alone, she didn't want to pry into Sharon's things but her eyes just seem to have a life of its own. She starts scanning around, there's really nothing inside. There's only one thing that caught her attention. 

Sharon's belongings are still in her luggage like she's ready to leave anytime she needs to.

MN : "Sorry, it's messy." She said coming out of the bathroom.

Chaeyoung finds what Sharon said funny. How can she say it's messy when her bed is properly tucked without a crease on it? When there's not a single spec of dust inside? She thought messy is not the right word to describe these four walls that Sharon chose to lock herself into.

It's not messy but rather, Empty.

CY : "It's fine, my place is messier."

MN : "I doubt that haha. If you want to take a shower I left a change of clothes in the bathroom."

CY : "Then I will :) I don't want you hating me for smelling sweat."

MN : "Haha as if."

CY : "Hahaha as if you like me."

MN : "Ehh?"

CY : "I'm just kidding. I know, I'll be back shortly."

Chaeyoung takes a lengthy shower, not that she always does. It just she's taking her time processing what happened this past two days. First and foremost her sudden confession to the Edelweiss girl, we can say the feelings are mutual but relationship is not something they should rush into. She understands that love is not what Sharon's priority right now, the good thing is she can stay by her side as long as she wants. She'll just have to wait for the day that Sharon would be ready for this kind of thing.

Well, Son Chaeyoung doesn't have anything against it. She knew from today, Sharon would be the only girl she'll be capable of loving. So, waiting for her wouldn't be that bad.

-

She got out of the shower, she finds a pair of a black tracksuit. It's a little bit bigger than the usual size she always wears but it was really comfortable. The first thing she notices after coming out of the bathroom was Sharon is already tuck in bed. It's like seeing an angel, it's was overwhelming to the heart.

It's like seeing an angel, it's was overwhelming to the heart        

MN : "Sorry It's almost my time to sleep."

CY : "Why are you saying sorry for something like that? I should ask for your forgiveness for suddenly intruding in your place. I'm sorry."

MN : "It's fine, it's not like I own the place anyway. Come here." She said as she taps the open space next to her.

Chaeyoung slowly made her way, she was too shy. She lifts the blanket and laid next to her.

CY : "You should sleep, I'll be fine. It'll not take long for me to fell asleep. Don't worry I have no plans in doing anything with you." She then turns to her side. Facing the window.

MN : "Haha if you did I'll start shouting, you wouldn't want Nayeon busting that door."

CY : "Seriously?"

MN : "I'm just messing with you, I wouldn't shout since it's you. Good night Chaeng."

CY : "H-hai, good night." She stutter, it sounds like Sharon is inviting her to do something.

She thought that's it for tonight. Not that she's complaining, what happened today and yesterday is already enough. It's even more than enough. When the room starts to be filled with silence, Chaeyoung closes her eyes in an attempt to sleep. She thought she's already dreaming when she felt this warm hands wrapping her hips, she holds on to.

MN : "You're warm, I like it." She whisper to the smaller girl.

Chaeyoung knew she wasn't dreaming, she could hear her and Sharon's heartbeat forming a melody.

CY :        

CY : "I thought you're sleeping?"

MN : "I was but I couldn't help myself. Sorry am I making you uncomfortable?"

CY : "Nope, you can hug me as long as you want."

MN : "Thank you, I get cold fast and it always seems like it's cold here even in summer."

Chaeyoung understands why Sharon feels this way and you can't blame the weather for something like this. It's something inside that's making Sharon feels this unpleasant coldness.

CY : "Is it okay if I turn around?"

Sharon just hums in answer. Chaeyoung slowly turns around and the Edelweiss girl gave her a little to no space to move. She didn't let her go like she's been craving for someone's warmth for a long time now.

The moment Chaeyoung turns to face her, Sharon looks into her eyes like she's a puppy asking for attention        

The moment Chaeyoung turns to face her, Sharon looks into her eyes like she's a puppy asking for attention. The smaller girl didn't say another word, she just went ahead and engulf her.

CY : "If it's cold, I'll warm you up. Even if it's in summer, I'll hug you. I'll make sure you're warm until it's too hot you'll want to let me go."

The Edelweiss girl just buried her face in Chaeyoung's chest. Although Chaeyoung can't see her face, she knew the girl is crying, she can feel her clothes getting drench. She her hair and hums.

Sharon finds comfort in Chaeyoung.

MN : "Can I ask you why me? You could've met someone out there that much better than I am. Someone who's not damage like me."

CY : "To be completely honest with you, I wasn't looking for anyone when I found you. It just happened in a whim, when I first saw you I was captivated by your beauty. I didn't know you have trouble like this."

MN : "Did something change from the first day?" She reluctantly asks.

CY : "Hmmm yes?"

Sharon didn't answer she thought it was doom to happen. Aside from her best friends, and her mom, Nayeon and Jeongyeon are the only people who accepted her. Anyone who met her either leaves or stays, out of pity.

CY : "Well, after spending some time with you I found myself falling even more in love."

And her heart drop, she didn't expect what Chaeyoung said after. She wants to believe in her but people like Sharon don't trust that easily, they ask many questions in fear of someone lying to them.

MN : "Why?"

CY : "What why?"

MN : "How can you fall more in love with someone like me? Especially now that you know I'm not like the others."

CY : "What's wrong with that? No matter how damaged you think you are, you'll still be worthy of love and I love.... You...." She said awkwardly "There's no point in denying it, I love you because of who you are. You can tell me nothing about you, you can be damaged and I'll still love you. You can cry as much as you want and I'll make sure you always have a shoulder to cry on."

Sharon stays inside Chaeyoung's warm embrace. She listens to what the smaller girl has to say and she thought maybe she could put a little faith in this girl. Her tears could fill up a bucket right now but this is different from the tears she always shed before.

For the first time in a long while, she cries tears of acceptance.

CY : "I won't mind staying up late or waking up at 3 am with you, where the pain is most unbearable. I'll fight your inner demons with you. I'll stay, for as long as I can, as long as you want me to. You can start healing your wounds and I'll help you with it even though you already accepted you're beyond reparable. I love you and to be honest with you, I'll probably love you till my last breath but you don't have to worry about loving me back. I'm not asking you anything in return just focus on yourself and I'll be happy with that."

MN : "Thank you Chaeng.." *Sniff*

CY : "No, thank you for trusting me, for letting me inside your walls. Stop crying, you should get some sleep." She held Sharon's face and wiped her tears away.

MN : "O-okay. Can we stay like this?" She looks at her eyes.

CY : "I told you, starting today I'll hug you until you fall asleep. Good night Sharon-ssi." She said and Sharon's hair.

Now Sharon understands why Chaeyoung is different from the others, Chaeyoung's warmth is comforting. It lies between hot and cold, It's the type you'll crave, the type you wouldn't mind having forever. Through Chaeyoung's words, she found assurance on something she wasn't even sure of.

And maybe this is why loving her was easy for Sharon.

The battle she has to face is sole to herself but having someone supporting her makes everything a little better.

But Sharon's too afraid to commit, she's afraid to hurt Chaeyoung, who's only done good things to her. She knew in order to love Chaeyoung, she must love herself not only the Sharon right now but even the Mina back then.

Chaeyoung deserves nothing but less and maybe, just maybe Sharon is ready to fix herself.

Chaeyoung deserves nothing but less and maybe, just maybe Sharon is ready to fix herself

---

(A/N) Hellooooooo! I'm sorry if I'm updating later than usual, works been busy I couldn't find the time. I'll try to update more next time, enjoy! Have a great weekend! Stay safe and healthy!

Did you know that you can help TWICE win an award??? Yes you can! Go and install CHOEAEDOL now and watch ads. Voting for AAA will start on 10/14/20. We still have time to collect hearts. If you don't have time don't force yourself, that's okay :) and let's all support EYES WIDE OPEN!