CHAPTER 23

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

164398da7558e9fd918362600935.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

Later that day, Chaeyoung had a chance to ask Nayeon and Jeongyeon for permission and even for advice when Sharon decided to take a quick shower before dinner.

CY : "Uhm unnie, hyung can I ask you for something?"

NY : "I know I said I'm gonna support you kid but I think it's still early for you two to get married."

JY : "Ehhh? I approve!"

NY : "Yah! This is the exact reason why Chaeyoung gets weird ideas."

JY : "It's me again." She said sarcastically.

CY : "Haha calm down. It's not that, at least not for now."

NY : "Then what could be so important you have to wait until she's not close by?"

CY : "It's because I wanted to know your opinions before I ask her. I'm planning to ask her to travel with me around, preferably outside Lauterbrunnen."

JY :        

JY : "What's with the sudden decision?"

CY : "Well, Dahyun actually calls to remind me of my return flight which will be a week from now."

NY : "Are you leaving her?!?"

CY : "I haven't thought about it, I wanted to enjoy whatever time we have left, and besides, no matter what I chose I still need to go back to settle some things back home."

JY : "Haha Don't worry Nay I'm sure she won't leave Sharon, maja?"

CY : "Of course!"

NY : "Hmmm you can ask her but I'm not sure if she'll say yes to that. You know her."

JY : "She doesn't even go with us to Bern but maybe if it's you it'll be different."

CY : "Uhm is it okay for the two of you?" She asked.

NY : "Wait so you wanted to ask for our permission? What for? We're not her parents."

CY : "Of course I wouldn't want to just ask her without hearing what the two of you think. You guys are the closest when it comes to becoming her parent, she values your opinions."

NY : "Pabo, I'm glad you thought of us but it wouldn't matter, you two just do whatever you want. We're gonna support you."

JY : "Yeah, what she said. Good luck tho."

CY : "Haha then it's settled, I'll try later."

Just right in time, Sharon shows up with her hair still wet. She was smiling brightly and it became normal for all of them, they understood why Sharon is happy.

The girl sat down for dinner it was like the usual, eat and talk until they got tired and clean up. The girls went up to their room. Chaeyoung took a shower before heading to where the Edelweiss girl is laying. She laid next to her, tuck herself in the blanket, and Sharon just fixed herself in Chaeyoung's embrace.

CY : "Hey..."

MN : "Yes??"

CY : "This would sound crazy but I'm taking my chance."

MN : "Haha tell me something that came out of your mouth that's not crazy?"

MN :        

CY : "Yah."

MN : "I'm kidding, so what's this crazy idea of yours??"

CY : "Uhmm well I thought I've been here for a while now and I haven't seen the rest of Switzerland. I wanted to go on a tour, maybe for 3 or 4 days?"

MN : "That's great!"

CY : "But here's the catch, I'm actually thinking if you would love to come?"

There was a brief moment of silence before Sharon finds her answer, but before she could Chaeyoung already knew what will it be.

MN : "Chaeng... You know I don't like that kind of thing. I don't want to leave 10IN, I'm sorry."

CY : "Hey it's fine, I was just taking my chance but I figure you would say no." She said cupping Sharon's cheeks.

MN : "But you can go, I mean you should, enjoy it.

CY : "Well, I thought if I wouldn't be with you I wouldn't go. I don't mind staying here. Where's the fun in it, if you're not with me?"

MN : "But... I told you not to stop anything for me...." Chaeyoung notice how Sharon's face became gloomy, she knew exactly what she's feeling.

CY : "Haha don't sweat it, its really fine, I will rather be here with you than someplace I would probably get tired of walking. So please don't think you're stopping me. I would appreciate it if you smile for me."

Sharon smiled and although it was awkward, it was enough for Chaeyoung. The smaller girl started to embrace her tighter. If she could kiss her she would, but it's still early for those kinds of things.

CY : "We should go to sleep. Good night Sharon-ssi."

MN : "You sure?"

CY : "I never been this sure in my life :)"

MN : "You can go whenever you feel okay?" She said hugging Chaeyoung back.

CY : "Hai, hai, now go to sleep princess."

MN : "Okay, good night Chaeyoung-san."

And it didn't really bother Chaeyoung just like what she said, she already figured things out even before she asked her. It was simple if Sharon's not going then she's just gonna stay here with her and figure what to do next. But on the other hand, Sharon felt uneasy, it took her a while before she fell asleep.

Her answer was absolute and there's no changing it but thinking of how Chaeyoung has always put her and her needs first made her feel guilty        

Her answer was absolute and there's no changing it but thinking of how Chaeyoung has always put her and her needs first made her feel guilty. She can't even do this simple request from the girl who always makes her happy. She would say yes but she's afraid that somewhere around the trip she'll ruin the fun, that's why she would rather let Chaeyoung go alone than with her, she knows deep down inside her she's still a mess.

-

The next morning Sharon wakes up in Chaeyoung's warmth, it never felt cold lately for her. She reaches out for her phone to see if her mom has already texted her but today was different. Out of all the people that texted her while she was sleeping this one was not the one she wanted to see, not today, not ever.

"You know you can't stay there forever, we've waited long enough and it's already too much. If you don't come back I would personally go there to bring you back home. So what would it be Mina? Do I have to go there? I'll wait for your response before the end of the day. If I don't hear from you then considered it as a done deal. This time I'm not letting you do whatever you want, you had your fun. You have to come back."

And Sharon thought she woke up in a nightmare, she wished she could just go back to sleep and pretend she didn't read what her dad said.

The only thing that's keeping her from crying is the tight embrace Chaeyoung was keeping her in. If the smaller girl wasn't there she knows she'll be a sobbing mess right now. Sharon went back to bed and buries her face in Chaeyoung's chest.

---