CHAPTER 18

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

163c59a180baa08b72906066025.jpg

 

NO ONE'S POV

Nayeon turned her back to Jeongyeon. The taller girl hugs her and she rest her head in the older's back. Yoo Jeongyeon knows her inside and out, she knows when something is bothering her wife and she knows there's this one thing that Yoo Nayeon has been wanting for a long time.

JY : "Love..... Thank you."

NY :

NY : "Ehhhh? Are you that grateful that I'm my blessing to Chaeyoung?"

JY : "Ani, I mean I am but I just want to thank you for everything since the start. It's been hard right? You had to choose between me or staying in Korea, where your friends and family are. But you didn't even think twice on leaving the place you've grown at and went with me here with no questions. I'm lucky your parents weren't opposed to any of it."

"I wouldn't know how to live without you Nay."

Nayeon feels Jeongyeon's embrace getting tighter

Nayeon feels Jeongyeon's embrace getting tighter.

JY : "People always think you're the lucky one because I'm caring and gentle but they don't understand. They don't know and I think you don't too, Yoo Jeongyeon is the lucky one here. How can I say I'm not? When my precious wife has always chosen me from the start?"

"Nobody knows how much you sacrificed for someone who, just out of a whim decided to fly across the globe, for someone who wasn't sure what her future holds. When everyone doubted me, you stood by my side and believe I can do anything, and without you, I wouldn't be that caring and gentle person all of them knows."

Jeongyeon loves to annoy Nayeon most of the time but the rest of the time she's always like this. Soft and loving, she never fails to make Nayeon's heart skip a beat.

JY : "I always tease you and joke around. Sorry if I gave you too many headaches. It's been what? 10? 11 years? Since we met and you've always chosen me. I don't think I showed how grateful I am about it, it's just I love you Nayeon from then and until now. I won't stop loving you, I hope you still chose me until the end."

Nayeon turns around and hits Jeongyeon's chest repeatedly before resting her head there.

NY : "Pabo. Why do you have to say those things? You'll make me cry." She said calmly. "You said it yourself kids grow up, they do things on there on. Even if my parents or any other person opposed it I would still choose you. Yes, you're a lot to take in, you get annoying sometimes but who cares? I'm probably a lot more to take care of and here you are still choosing me. I love you more than anything Jeong." She said as she looks at her wife's eyes.

"After all these years, you're still a worrywart. Now tell me what's the real reason? What's bothering you love?"

 If she didn't know her wife, she would've thought that the taller girl did something that could make her angry.

But as much as Jeongyeon knows her, Nayeon can read her easily like a open book.

JY : "Haha is it too obvious?"

NY : "Yes, now tell me."

JY : " I know you wanted to have a little one.... It's stupid of me to keep avoiding the topic with my jokes. I knew we're old when you didn't insist on it, you wouldn't even mention it."

NY :        

NY : "Huh?"

JY : "I mean, the old you would do anything for me to say yes."

NY : "Pabo, haha you don't know how to say no to me even now."

JY : "And that's why you didn't open up about it again, right?"

Nayeon was silent she didn't know what to say, yes, she didn't ask Jeongyeon about it again because it'll just pressure the taller girl.

JY : "But I know you Nay, I know it's something you've always wanted and I was being selfish."

NY "We talked about this before if you're not ready it's fine. It's not like we're picking a dog."

JY : "I..... It's just I'm scared Nay. I'm scared, what if I end up doing nothing for the two of you? What if I can't be a good mom? What if I won't be enough? I'm scared that I wouldn't help you at all."

NY : "That's why I told you if you're not ready it's fine. I understand that you're scared but you'll always have me."

JY : "I know, lately I've been thinking about it. The days are just passing by us, it's like I close my eyes for a second and a whole week has already pass by. I'm happy with the two of us but I thought I shouldn't take this for granted. I shouldn't take you for granted."

"Nay I can be ready even if I'm still scared right? I know it'll be hard but it's you and me, we make the best team and you'll tell me if I'm doing it right or not. I know all I need is you by my side and I'll be fine. I figured we're not getting any younger, I want to have a family to run around, with you and with a little girl or a boy. I want you to enjoy being a mom while we're still young. Is it stupid of me to ask you  now if you want to try? Is it stupid of me to tell you I'm ready to be a parent?"

Nayeon couldn't hold her tears anymore, it started rolling down her cheeks. She wanted to have a kid of her own but she knows it selfish to push through it knowing that Jeongyeon is not ready. She thought her wife didn't care but here Jeongyeon proving her that she always cares for her, that she always looks at her.

NY : "Pabo, it's not like its something new. Remember how you ask me to marry you? We were out having a picnic when you saw someone proposing, suddenly you just got on your knees and asked me to marry you. Just because you felt that the time was right. You haven't even bought a ring and just tied a dental floss. Stupid, you've always been unpredictable. You can be ready even if you're scared, I'm scared too but whenever I think about you I always thought we'll be fine. I'm sure you'll be a great mom Jeong." She gave her a warm smile.

Jeongyeon brushes her tears off and kisses her gently on the lips

Jeongyeon brushes her tears off and kisses her gently on the lips.

JY : "And I know you'll be the best mom. Let's do it together, I promise no matter how moody you get while you have her inside you I won't give up. I'll give my best for you two. So once again I'm asking you to believe in me."

NY : "Her?"

JY : "Yes, I want to have a girl, a warm and energetic one like you. She can be as stubborn as you and I'll buy her all the toys she wants."

NY : "Wouldn't that make me the bad mom?"

JY : "Wae-yo?"

NY : "I can't let you spoil her like that."

JY : "Haha someone has to take one for the team, right?"

Nayeon hits her in the stomach and slowly embraces her.

NY : "But seriously, thank you Jeong. You can do things impulsively and I'll still have faith in you. I'm your wife and no matter what you do I'm always with you. I really do love you."

JY : "How did I get this lucky??? I love you more."

NY : "Just so you know I'm not letting you and Seulgi chose a name for her. Don't even think of betting on a name."

JY : "Ehhhhhhh?"

NY : "Don't try to argue with me, I still don't accept you naming our cafe 10IN. It's sounded like it's an inn and not a cafe."

JY : "I told you it's......"

JY, NY : "10 ways to Im Nayeon's heart."  The two of them said in chorus.

NY : "Pabooo now that I'm a Yoo it doesn't make sense."

JY : "Then should we replace it with 10IY?"

NY : "Hahaha! It's much weirder."

JY : "Arraso, I'll let you name her. You can name her whatever weird name you want, she's still gonna be our little princess." She said teasingly.

NY : "Yah!"

Nayeon and Jeongyeon's story goes a long way back, it's not all fairly-tale but it was worth living. It's one that should be written on books. If we have to talk about it it'll be a whole new story from here.

The important thing is, Yoo Jeongyeon and Im Nayeon found each other, stayed together, and victoriously stormed out against all odds.

The important thing is, Yoo Jeongyeon and Im Nayeon found each other, stayed together, and victoriously stormed out against all odds        

---