CHAPTER 33

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3937363636393538372f696d616765732f313634373730333338373933306432633134383236383330383038322e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

The flight back to Japan takes almost a day. She wanted to sleep but she couldn't. Her heart is having trouble calming down, one because of her father and two because of the girl that she misses. So instead of resting, she scanned through her phone. She didn't have the guts to look at Chaeyoung's face since she left but she thought this is the right time to see her once again, maybe it'll help ease the worries in her heart like she always does. Her gallery contains pictures that were taken after she meets Chaeyoung, after she opens her world to her. Its' consists of pictures of the married couple and the trip she had.

Until an unfamiliar video appeared in front of her eyes

Until an unfamiliar video appeared in front of her eyes.

"Annyeong!" Chaeyoung greeted sitting next to her sleeping self.

She hurriedly put her headset on and continued the video.

"First of all, let me explain this battle scar that I have. It was given to me by hyung, haha don't freak out we fixed what has to be fixed. It was when we came back......."

[FLASHBACK]

When Sharon fell asleep Chaeyoung decided to drop by the Kangs' to give them the souvenir that they bought for them and to also say her goodbye. Once she got back she asks Nayeon and Jeongyeon if they can talk.

The three of them gather on the outside deck.

CY : "I'm leaving tomorrow."

NY : "Ohh so what did you and Sharon plan? Is she leaving with you? Or is she going back home?"

Jeongyeon just stared at Chaeyoung, as if she knew that something was off with the smaller girl.

CY : "Well..... I haven't said anything to her."

NY : "When are you planning to tell her???"

CY : "Sorry unnie, but I don't intend in telling her. I'm here to ask the two of you if you could keep it a secret from...."

Jeongyeon rushes towards her and punch her. It was too powerful started bleeding. Nayeon had to hug her wife to stop her from doing more damage to the smaller girl who remained calm.

JY : "! We trusted you!"

NY : "Jeong please stop!" She said hugging her wife tighter.

JY :        

JY : "How can I? She said she's not gonna do anything that would hurt Sharon. What the heck is she doing now?!"

NY : "I know what you're feeling but lets calm down, lets give her a chance to explain."

With Nayeon's pleading Jeongyeon stood on the furthest side of the deck, she breathes heavily, closing her fist. Nayeon gave Chaeyoung a towel soaked in cold water.

NY : "You better have a good explanation for this kid."

CY : "This is the best for her unnie." She said as she looks down at her palm.

JY : " you! How could this be best for her??? Just say it, it's best for you!"

NY : "Jeong please shut up!"

Jeongyeon didn't answer back she massaged her temples as she tries to calm herself down.

CY : "Yeah it's probably me being selfish but if I don't do this she's just gonna settle down with everything. Sh..... She has things she has to face and meeting me made her think that running away from them would be fine. I'm leaving her not because I don't love her. I'm leaving her because I do, I love her so much." She said tearing up.

"I understand both of you, I get it. After all the things she did for me, after breaking her walls just so I could be a part of her, here I am leaving. I wish I had a better idea, a better plan than this but I don't, everything came down to this and you have every right to get angry, I deserve it. But I hope the two of you could understand that I can only give Sharon temporary happiness and that's not what I want for her. Sooner or later she'll realize it, she'll remember the things she chose to forget and even I wouldn't be enough to suffice the pain she's gonna feel. And I don't want that, I don't want her to grow old thinking this memory is still hunting her. She made this place her haven but she can't lock herself here forever, I know you two know that. She's not whole, and I want her to be even if that means I don't get to be a part of her anymore. I should get going, she'll wake up soon."

Chaeyoung just left the couple, Jeongyeon looks at Nayeon. The two of them thought about it hard. It was only after dinner when Jeongyeon had the chance to talk to her by themselves.

JY : "Hey I'm sorry, I should've listened to you before I did something."

CY : "Haha scratch it, it's not your fault. It's just...... I have to do this."

JY : "We get it, Nayeon and I thought about it really hard and we agreed in keeping it a secret but I hope you can leave some kind of explanation to her. At least to lessen the pain."

CY : "I will. I'll tell her everything somehow."

JY : "We'll miss you."

CY : "Haha don't be like that, I'll drop by from time to time. I'll leave my number and my address back home in case you and unnie visit Korea or if you just want someone to talk...... And if Sharon wants to. Hyung if she asks you if she looks for me give her my contact info. If she doesn't, please don't force it on her."

JY : "Arraso, just promise me you won't make things hard for you. It would be bad from now on but hopefully, everything would turn out great for you and her."

CY : "I hope too...."

[END OF FLASHBACK]

"I ask them not to tell you anything unless you look for me but you probably didn't. Well, I figured you wouldn't. Why would you look for someone who left you...." She paused for a while.

"So what is the reason that I'm here? I still have to explain the selfish decision I made." She smiled "I wanted to let you know what I thought before I concluded leaving you. I hope you listen to me but if you can't, if you think it's not the right time to hear me out. I'll understand if you stop here."

And she looks at how she sleeps peacefully behind while Chaeyoung smiles like she's not about to do something painful for her. She wants to hate her right now, she wants to curse her for having the courage to record herself explaining what she was about to do. She wants to stop, close the video and delete it forever but part of her wants to continue, she's already in pain and she thought there's nothing else that will give her more pain than what she's going through right now.

Seeing Son Chaeyoung smile made her want to regret everything.

Seeing Son Chaeyoung smile made her want to regret everything        

---