CHAPTER 3

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

 

163331b837162ce219041516022.jpg

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

[BREEZE HOTEL 0530AM]

I woke up from the none stop ringing of my phone.

INCOMING CALL : KIM DAHYUN

CY : "Broooo it's just 6 in the morning here."

DH : "So? It's 6 am, stop acting like a neet. Get up and go walk around and....."

CY : "And what?"

DH : "Jihyo unnie's been crying non-stop since you left."

JH : "No! I'm *sniff* fine!" I heard unnie crying from afar.

CY : "Why is she crying?" I said as I get up from my bed.

DH : "I know right? I should be crying and not her."

CY : "Pabo."

DH : "Hahaha I'm just kidding bro, it's because it's been 2 days since you left."

CY : "Maja, it's only been 2 days."

DH : "And you haven't called us since you got there."

CY : "Is that why she's crying? Hahaha I haven't even called my mom but she's not crying."

JH : "Yah! Who do you think you are?"

CY :        

CY : "Oh unnie haha I'm just saying you don't have to be sad. I'm coming back."

JH : "I know but.... Call me from time to time, you can't blame me for being like this. The three of us have been together since we're little."

DH : "Did we grow any taller tho?"

JH : "Yah! That's not the point."

DH : "But did I lie?"

JH : "Pabo, what I'm trying to say is that I've been with you two since you're practically a baby. We always did everything together. It's like the first time you left us."

CY : "Hahaha it's not like I run off from you two. Like what I said I'm coming back, we're even working in the same place when I come back."

JH : "Arraso but promise me you'll update us every time you can."

CY : "Promise unnie, now stop crying."

JH : "Okay, be back soon. I'm starting to get bored with Dahyun."

DH : "Unnie?!"

JH : "Chaeng I'm going haha, I have to meet up with a friend and I'm buying some supplies since Dahyun's been eating everything in our place. Call us again okay?"

CY : "Hai! Take care unnie."

JH : "You too, here hyun take it."

DH : "Jeez, don't believe her she's the one eating everything here. She's so sad that your not here shes stress eating."

CY : "Aren't you sad?

DH : "Of course I am bro but I'm happier for you. I mean this is what you've always dreamed off."

CY : "Thanks Hyun."

DH : "No problem, now help me with something bro, I'm trying this new dating app."

CY : "Again? You have no luck in those things."

DH : "What? There's nothing better for me to do besides I finally meet someone nice."

CY : "When did this happen?"

DH : "Yesterday, it was a match made in heaven"

CY : "Hahaha isn't it too early to say that. What can I help you with?"

DH : "There's no such thing as early when it comes to love, so I was talking to her yesterday and suddenly she asked me what love is for me... And since you're ahead from me when it comes to love..."

CY : "Wait, I'm not I know nothing about that."

DH : "Eh? But you and Somi got something before right?"

CY : "Pabo, I told you a thousand times shes just a friend.."

DH : "Arraso.... Even so, what does love means to you?"

CY :        

CY : "I don't know, why don't you ask unnie instead?"

DH : "I did. But it's kinda cheesy, I didn't want the that I'm talking feel weird."

CY : "Ehh? But you're weird."

DH : "Yah!"

CY : "Hahaha mianhe forget what I said, so what's unnie answer?"

DH : "Well she said, love is exactly what you see in movies, sweet as candy, like flying in the sky, keeps you smiling all day, then the whole world turns beautiful. Love is a shinny thing that makes everything looks dark, it makes time slower and makes your whole world flip upside down."

CY : "Hahaha! Yeah, you're right, it does sound weird."

DH : "Then what should I tell her?"

CY : "Just tell her what you think love is."

DH : "You didn't help me at all."

CY : "It's not my love life anyway."

DH : "She's your future sister in law!"

CY : "Hahaha you need to make sure that she's not leaving after she sees you're weirdness."

DH : "Yah! You're lucky I have to go, well talk about this next time. moms texting me I'm meeting her. she said she made some kimchi for us. Call us okay? See you in a month!!"

CY : "Arraso tell auntie I said hi."

DH : "Hai!!!"

END OF CALL

That was my best friend, well I guess best friend is an understatement. I think sisters are more like it, we grew up together since our moms are friends. Park Jihyo is the oldest she's 25, she's working as a senior manager, architect. Kim Dahyun is a year older than me, she's working as an engineer in the architectural firm Jihyo unnie is at, same place I'm going after this vacation. Just like what they mention, the three of us live together.

-

After drinking some coffee, I thought of walking outside the suns gonna rise soon and I bet it'll be breathtaking. Besides Dahyun and Jihyo unnie woke me up I think I couldn't go back to bed anymore. I took my jacket and camera with me. Of course, I wouldn't do the same mistake I did, I already put my sketch pad in my bag.

When I came down to the lobby I saw Ms. Kang, she's up early.

CY : "Good morning Ms. Kang."

SG : "Good morning, call me Seulgi instead :)"

CY : "Oh, then if that's the case you can call me Chaeyoung, unnie."

SG : "I will, I bet you heard that I own the place huh?"

CY : "Uhm..."

SG : "Hahaha sorry did I make you feel uncomfortable? My best friend called me in the middle of the night, threatening me to treat you better."

CY : "You didn't unnie, haha I guess Jeongyeon unnie's just exaggerating things."

SG : "She always does, haha friends?" She said as she offers her hand to me.

SG :

CY : "Friends." I said as I grab her hand and shake it.

SG : "So, where are you up to? It's still early for the stores."

CY : "I'm planning to go for a morning walk and maybe draw something."

SG : "Oh you draw too? That's nice to know, I usually draw whenever I have the time."

CY : "What kind do you do?"

SG : "Mostly portraits of my wife haha, I guess that's weird."

CY : "Ani, that's awesome. I don't have anyone to draw that's why I'm sticking it landscapes. You seem like you love her."

SG : "Of course I do, I forgot to mention but the hotel does provide bikes if you want one you can borrow one in the flower shop next door. You should go, the sun will be up soon you wouldn't want to miss it."

CY : "I'll remember that unnie, see you around later."

SG : "By the way, there's an open field on the end of the road. It's the best place to watch the sunrise and there's a bunch of benches you can use."

CY : "Thank you :) then I'll go check that place."

---