CHAPTER 35

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3937363637313235392f696d616765732f313634386135333537396630616335383635303737363837373833352e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

"Mitan!!!"

It's the same soft, energetic and playful voice that always greet her whenever she goes to school. Besides her mother and her older brother, these faces are the only thing that makes Japan feels like home.

SN, MM : "Okaeri Mitan!" The two taller girls pulled her in for a hug.

Hirai Momo and Minatozaki are Myoui Mina's best-friends, they're a year older than her and they went to the same school from kinder to college. She's the baby of this group in terms of age but it's the opposite way around in terms of personality.

MN : "Hai, hai tadaima." She said patting the older's heads.

TY : "At least make some room for me." The youngest sulk.

Chou Tzuyu is a Taiwanese National, she used to go to the same university the trio was attending        

Chou Tzuyu is a Taiwanese National, she used to go to the same university the trio was attending. She met Sana when she signed up in one of her Japanese language class they've been dating since then. She's two years younger than Sana.

MN : "Haha come here."

MM : "What took you so long?"

MN : "I'll tell you guys on our way home, for now, we have to get going. We wouldn't want to make the old man angry."

SN : "Are you sure? You don't have to go there right away. We can do it tomorrow."

MN : "I made up my mind Satang. I'm gonna do this now."

TY : "I understand, I'll go get the car you two give her some space before she passes out." She said referring to the girls who were still entangled in a hug.

-

On their way back Mina tells them everything about Switzerland, the Yoo's and the Kang's. The cafe and the green field of Lauterbrunnen. But none of them heard anything about a girl named Chaeyoung. With the video, she watched there are no more questions, no doubts about what she feels for her. Mina loves Chaeyoung, she understands the decision the smaller girl made.

Chaeyoung will never be something she'll regret.

But she can't talk about her right now, not because she doesn't want them to know her and not because she wants to keep her a secret from everyone. Mina didn't want to talk about her because she knew the moment she starts saying her name the tears will just flow, she didn't want to worry her friends and of course, she didn't want her father seeing her like that.

-

The closer they get the more she can feel the shiver in her spine but who cares? If she's gonna do it, she'll do it the right way. For Nayeon, Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, and herself.

"Welcome back Mina-sama. Your father is waiting for you in his office." A guy in a black suit greeted her.

MN : "You guys can wait outside I'll be back soon :)"

SN : "You don't have to do it alone, we'll go with you."

MN : "No need, I know what to say this time besides I know I'm not alone. I'll be quick so wait for me."

MM, TY : "Hai!!"

Mina made her way through the house, it looks exactly the same as how she left it. Not even a slight movement from the paintings in the halls and her pictures that were displayed next to it. She finds it funny that she doesn't even recognize the girl in the portraits, it's even funnier that she never notice how she smiles forcefully in every single one of them.

Switzerland has change Mina a lot, she can even laugh at a moment like this.

[DOOR OPENS]

There he was, the man who only saw a perfect daughter, and her most beloved mother was next to her father like she always does. Mina loves her mom more than anything but she wishes that the older lady would at least disagree with her dad sometimes.

Mina loves her mom more than anything but she wishes that the older lady would at least disagree with her dad sometimes

MINA'S DAD (MD) : "You finally showed up. Done playing games?"

That's all her father could say after a year, not even a question of how she was. This is the reason why when Chayeoung asked her to shout that night all Mina did was asked if how was her dad doing. Because it's been a while since they had a normal conversation, one with just how was her day, what did she do and if she have a great time. One of the reasons why Mina has lost herself is the lack of a father figure.

All she ever wants is for her dad to treat her like a child, as a daughter. A father who understands that even her perfect daughter has her flaws but here she is getting welcomed by a man who knows no mistake. Her dad has long forgotten that she's her father. He's been around but not as her dad but as her boss.

MINA'S MOM (MS) : "Okaeri Mina."

MN : "Tadaima." She said bowing in front of them.

MD : "Since your back, I got everything prepared. You'll start working next week and we'll properly introduce you to the employee as Architect Myoui Mina, the next CEO of Japan's biggest Architectural firm."

This is the Myoui Mina, Chaeyoung didn't have the chance to meet. This girl is the successor of one of the top business empire in Japan. She has an older brother that ran away from home due to the pressure their dad gave, leaving Mina with the responsibility of the eldest child in the family.

MD : "Tomorrow I'll take you with me to have a run through with everything."

Mina was ready to once again say yes to her father until she remembers Chaeyoung, until she remembers the promise she made. She promised that shes gonna say whatever she wants and even if it's with her dad she'll do it. Because she promised, she promised Chaeyoung she will.

MN : "I'm not taking over the company." She politely declined.

MD : "Haha where did you get this sense of humor? If you're not gonna be an architect then what are you gonna be? Haha."

MN : "I'm gonna be a teacher." She said seriously and her father was quick to realize that she's not joking around.

MD : "What?! Are stupid? A teacher wouldn't fit a Myoui. You already have everything here and this is what you're made of."

MN : "I..... I wasn't made for anything, this is never what I need. All I need was a father and not a boss, not a commander."

MD : "I knew it! That's what we get after letting her be for a year. You shouldn't have tolerated her!" He said as if he didn't hear the last part of what his daughter said.

MN : "Don't you blame her for what I did. If anything else she's the only one who understands me, she and Kai are the only family I have and without mom, I wouldn't even be here now."

MD : "Who's there to blame Mina? Don't be like your brother, I gave you everything, and now you're suddenly saying you don't need them? When did you start being like this? You're fine before you left did you met someone who rubbed their bad manners onto you?"

MN : "Fine? I was never fine, all I did was pretend I'm okay for your sake. But never, not even once you ask what I want. All you did was tell me what to do. And yes I did meet someone, she thought me how to dream even when I'm still awake. For the first in a long time staying awake feels much better than sleeping. She made me realized I still have a chance for my own life. That there's still a choice I can make, I'm choosing myself now. She was someone I wish I have since I was born, the real monster here is you."

Her dad slaps her, look into her while his hands were shaking.

MD : "Leave... I don't want to see you here anymore, I don't know who you are, you're not the perfect daughter I have.... And forget being a Myoui."

MN : "This is exactly who I am, that girl you are talking about is someone you made up." She said as she turned her back.

Her mother who saw the whole thing held her hand and look at her with sadness in her eyes.

MN : "It's okay mom, I know you love him and I'm not asking you to choose between us. I'll still be your daughter even if I'm not a Myoui, I will always be your Mina. you know where to find me, right?" She smiled and her mom nodded back.

Chaeyoung is nothing but a perfect dream. A memory that solely belong to Mina, a memory that's not connected to her father, to anyone but herself.  A memory she wouldn't lose for anything else.

She might have left her, but it was for the best. Son Chaeyoung gives her wings, so she can fly on her own and she's not letting anyone take that chance that the Korean gave to her. No matter what happens from here on, she'll take the risk of falling as long.

No matter what happens from here on, she'll take the risk of falling as long        

---

(A/N) I made a teaser of my upcoming 2yeon story, don't expect too much haha I just made it on my free time not that good :D