CHAPTER 15

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

163a20426d363b15782134426846.jpg

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

MN : "Now that we're done with that. Let's talk before we go back. I have something I want to tell you."

I just nodded back at her. She sat next to me on the floor, the two of us just stared at the open window, watching the peaceful sky.

MN : "About last night...."

CY : "Oh it was nothing."

MN : "No it's not, I remember... I know I cried and said stuff. I'm sorry and I'm grateful that you picked me up."

CY : "That's fine, it happens sometimes. One time I drunk so much my friend had to drag me to my bed haha. So don't worry about it." I said trying to light up things a little.

MN : "Aren't you gonna ask me why I said those things?"

CY : "I don't really wanna pry on it. Besides, there's a reason why we hide things right?"

MN : "But still I think I owe you an explanation."

CY : "No, you don't have to."

MN :        

MN : "Hmm I want to, that's if you'll let me"

CY : "Okay, I'll listen but you don't have to tell me everything okay? Just whatever you feel like."

Before she starts talking again, she suddenly moved closer to me. I felt her elbow touching mine. 

MN : "Hai.... I know it's confusing, we never really have a proper talk, we don't even know that many things about each other. We don't even know each other's surname."

CY : "Then let's introduce ourselves properly."

MN : "I don't think we need that." She smiled at me.

She probably didn't want to talk about things that reminds her of whatever she's carrying.

MN : "But I do know Jeongyeon already told you about me being reluctant with everyone, she always does that, both of them. They warn people because they're afraid I'll break. I get it, they want to protect me and I'm thankful for that."

She went back to looking at the length of the horizon.

"Yes, I am but it's not about the people. It's mainly because of me, you, seeing me cry last night wasn't what I want. I wouldn't even show it to anyone. After a night of drinking, I usually wait until I get to bed before I cry or sometimes I'm too drunk I just pass out. I know you're wondering why it's a family thing. Let's say I was raised in a traditional Japanese family."

CY : "I'm sorry..."

That's the only thing I could tell her right now.

MN : "Why are you saying sorry all of a sudden???"

CY : "I just feel bad. It must've been hard for you. "

MN : "It is but you don't have to feel sorry. It's not like everyday was a bad day, I still have some good days and I have my best friends and my mom with me. But see, the problem is me, no matter how people tell me that I don't bother them, I still feel that way. It didn't help that much, right? Haha."

CY : "That's enough. Can I ask you one question? Why Sharon?"

MN : "Ehh??"

CY : "I mean Sharon is a great name but it doesn't sound Japanese at all." I said in an attempt to change the topic.

MN : "Because it's my English name."

CY : "Ohhh then why not use your Japanese name is it hard to pronounce?"

MN : "Not really, it's just...." She hesitates. "It's just the me here is very different from the me there" She smiled awkwardly.

CY : "I wish I met her... Maybe I could've done something for her." The words just slip out of my mouth.

MN : "You wouldn't want to meet her, she doesn't have anything for herself. She doesn't even know who she is. All she does is follow and obey, she was made and not loved."

        

"She cries in the night so no one will see or hear her, then she pretends she's alright the rest of the day, but she's tired. She's damaged and scar, and it'll gonna take forever to fix her. No, I think she's beyond repairable. She's broken and she'll break you too."

I was surprised by what she said, I turned to my side and saw her hugging her knees and bury her face on it. Before I could say anything, she starts to speak again.

MN : "It's not because I don't want you to meet her, well, I don't. But it's because she's too broken she might break you. She doesn't deserve to be love, since she doesn't even love herself. I'm glad you didn't know her because I wouldn't want anyone or anything in this world to break you."

And for someone like her to be saying stuff like this, I'm pretty sure that the scar is too deep. I didn't know exactly what to say but I know what I want her to know.

CY : "Hey." I said as I put one of my hand in her back. "I understand what you're saying but I think there's still someone there who'll love you or even her."

She didn't answer back.

CY : "I mean, I'm here...." I hesitated for a while. "I... I like you, I'm pretty sure I love you and I'll stay with you if I have to. You're not alone here."

MN : "I know." She said as she lifts her head and smiled at me.

        

CY : "Ehhh?"

MN : "It's obvious, I mean is there any reason why you keep coming back to the cafe? Nayeon unnie is already married and I don't think you see Jeong like that. Besides those two are always making us do things together. Why do you think they decided to go to Bern today?" She chuckles.

She then put her head back to rest on her knees, she looked at me and said,

MN : "I like you too and to be honest with you I think it's more than that. But I don't want to say I love you, I don't want it to be the reason why you'll stay. Not until I'm like this. I don't want to break you too."

CY : "Then I'll wait, I'll wait until we can find something that won't break the two of us. And if the time never comes I'll let you break me."

MN : "Haha you really are gutsy huh? I don't want you too, but I'm not pushing you away. I want to stay with you as much as I could." She chuckles.

CY : "I'm not doing it because you want me to, I'm doing it because I want it."

MN : "Okay, okay. But please don't risk yourself trying to fix me. We should go home. It's getting dark outside."

CY : "Hai!" I said as I stood up, pick up the basket and offer my hand to her.

MN : "What's that?"

CY : "Just to make sure you're not running away from me."

"Not that there's any other place in this world I want to be right now." She said as she interlock her fingers to mine.

---