CHAPTER 25

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

1644613f4d7c41b7331969569536.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

Today starts their spontaneous journey. Jeongyeon and Nayeon closed the cafe in the afternoon and drove them to their hotel in Bern. The snow was pouring down, it was the first one for the winter.

NY : "You got everything? Clothes? Gloves? Did you bring extra heat pads?"

The three other girls start to laugh at how Nayeon treats Sharon like a 5-year old who's about to go on a trip.

MN : "I do unnie." She smiled at her.

NY : "If you need anything give us a call okay? Don't worry about the time we'll come right away."

JY : "Ehhhh? I'm not."

NY : "Jinja? You really letting me go on my own???"

JY : "Yah that's not fair, playing the victim card on me. I'm just saying that Sharon is old enough, she can handle things on her own besides she has Chaeyoung with her."

NY : "Oh that brings me to you." She said facing the smaller girl. "Make sure you won't lose sight of Sharon, kid. You'll be responsible for everything from here on."

CY : "Hai! Hai unnie."

JY : "We should go, the snow is getting thicker we don't want to get stuck in the road. You two have fun, call us if something comes up. We're counting on you Chaeng."

The smaller girl nod backs at her.

NY "Enjoy okay? Don't think of anything else, I want you to have a lot of fun while you're at it. I'll miss you." She said engulfing Sharon in a hug.

MN :        

MN : "I'll be back soon unnie, don't think of me that often. You and Jeong have your fun, I'll text you from time to time." She said hugging Nayeon back.

CY : "I'll miss you unnie."

NY : "Yah, make sure she eats properly okay?"

CY : "Ehhhh all you did is remind me of her needs, tell me you'll miss me too."

NY : "Stop being a baby and go on your way."

CY : "Unnie...." She said sulking.

NY : "Hahaha how will you marry Sharon if you still acting like a kid? Arraso, I'll miss you too kid. Now off you go." She said hopping in the car.

JY : "See you in three days!"

NY : "Enjoy!"

JY : "Make lots of babies!!!!"

NY : "Yah! Pabo, why would you tell them that?" She said hitting Jeongyeon's shoulder.

JY : "Hahaha what's wrong with that? Were leaving before Nayeon change her mind see you, girls :)"

JY :        

Nayeon waved goodbye as the couple leave them behind. The two of them checked in, it was almost dark outside when they got to their hotel room. They had to leave again to eat dinner, it felt like it was a really long day. Finally, they can rest for the day, Sharon took a shower first.

MN : "So is your day one, sleeping?" She said sitting at the end of their bed.

CY : "Of course not, I told you to check my itinerary but you didn't."

MN : "I already told you I'll go wherever you want so I didn't see any relevance on it."

CY : "Then would you listen if I explain it to you right now?"

MN : "Go for it."

CY : "Okay, so it's not actually just three days.. Well if you don't count the days like this then it's just three days. So today is not counted since it's only for our checking in. Tomorrow will walk around Bern then transfer in the afternoon, then we'll do it again the next day and the next. On our last day I thought of staying another night before we head back so we can relax."

MN : "So it's five days?"

CY : "Yeah.... I can change it if you want to."

MN : "Haha what are you saying? That's a great idea! We can't just walk around tired, I love the idea we get time to sit like this."

The first part of the plan was a success. If it was just Chaeyoung she wouldn't mind walking continuously for days without resting but Nayeon was spot on. Sharon is not the active type, if she walks around she'll get tired quickly.

MN : "But you didn't mention the place was gonna visit."

CY : "That's a surprise, just trust me."

MN : "Hai, thank you Chaeng. I owe you a lot."

CY : "No, thank you for letting me do this. Stop with the serious talk, we should be enjoying. Don't think of anything, you don't have to say thank you to me. I'll be back in a minute, I'll go wash is that okay?"

MN : "Of course."

CY : "Don't miss me too much okay?"

MN : "Hahaha just hurry up and go so I won't miss you."

CY : "Hai! Hai!!!" She said running towards the bathroom.

Just like what she said Chaeyoung came out of the bathroom after 10 minutes, but there was this sadness looming around, the room was filled with a cold breeze. It made her uncomfortable and the first instinct she have is to look for the Edelweiss girl. She wasn't in the bed, the stress was building up, then she saw the balcony's door wide open the curtains flying inside. Her heart drops, her legs were about to give up with every step she made. She was stupid not to notice sooner.

Everything was on the brink of falling apart when she found Sharon sitting on the floor right next to the wide-open door, she was looking up at the bright full moon in the dark sky, covered in a white blanket        

Everything was on the brink of falling apart when she found Sharon sitting on the floor right next to the wide-open door, she was looking up at the bright full moon in the dark sky, covered in a white blanket. Just by looking at her you know, something is bothering her. Chaeyoung can only see the Sharon she first met, the one with a deep cut in her heart and the one with high walls, she wanted to call onto her. She wanted to run to her but she couldn't because she was in tears, the moment she notices Sharon is not around her eyes just started to cry.

Chaeyoung never realized until now how painful it would be if Sharon is to leave her side.

She wiped her tears and starts to calm herself down, she wants to do it right. She knew very well what the answer to her question, it's not really something she needs to think about. She wants to stay with the girl in front of her. So in order to pull Sharon out of that dark past she has, Chaeyoung needs to show no sign of pain or pity.

She needs to smile in order to save her loved one.

---