CHAPTER 21

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

16415b40f2feb5e5343979139275.jpg

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

My adult life just started but whenever I see her. Whenever she's near me all I could think of is settling down. I don't need a mansion or a ton of money, all I need is her and I'm sure things would be alright.

-

She continued playing her games and I got bored sketching so I decided to sit next to her.

CY : "What are you playing?"

MN : "Pokemon swords."

CY : "Woah you're good at it, what's your secret master?"

MN : "Haha silly, it's because it's the only game I have."

Although she didn't look at me, she moved closer to my chair and lean on my shoulders.

CY : "Tired?"

MN : "Hmm nope. Just want to."

CY : "Sharon-ssi I swear to god if you're gonna be like this every-time I will marry you soon."

MN : "Who's stopping you Chaeyoung-san?" She said as she teasingly smiled.

MN :        

CY : "Ohhh really?????"

MN : "Haha I'm just kidding, don't make any rush decisions you'll end up regretting."

CY : "I'm sure I won't regret anything if it's you haha what do you want? I'll go inside to grab some snacks."

MN : "Haha don't be too complaisant with that. Anything will do."

CY : "Okay, okay, rest your eyes from time to time. I'll be back quickly."

MN : "Hai, hai"

I left her sitting outside, the weather was perfect. The clouds were blocking the sun. Sharon's been less uptight since that time she got drunk.

CY : "Hyung can I ask you a question?" I saw Jeongyeon baking in the kitchen.

JY : "As long as it's not a complicated math equation then it's fine."

CY :

CY : "Hahaha, of course not, hmmm... About Sharon-ssi, I was watching her a while ago play Pokemon in her switch, I got curious into why she's too good at it. She said it's the only game she has, is there any shop close here that I could buy a different game? I want to buy a couple of her."

JY : "Oh is that so? Hmm there is but it's an hour away. You can order online and have it deliver that'll be much easier...... But I don't think there's a need for that."

CY : "Why?"

JY : "First of, don't you think if she wanted to play another game she would've bought it already? Second, Sharon is what you see is what you get. Does she looks like a princess to you?"

CY : "Uhm yeah?"

JY : "Hahaha majayo! Not literally tho. It doesn't no matter how simple she's wearing, it could be an oversize shirt and she'll still look like a princess. You probably didn't know but we don't pay Sharon."

CY : "Wait, what?????" I was puzzled by what I heard.

JY : "You heard it, we don't pay her. We want to but she won't allow us instead she asks if we can let her stay here. You hit the jackpot kid haha! And I'm sure you've realized by now. She doesn't do anything new to her. She always follows her routine."

CY : "You just have to tell me everything in one go. I had a little hint about it but I never thought it's this serious."

JY : "Well you never ask haha. Sharon's routine is like written in permanent marker, you can't erase it unless you destroy. She follows it even if she's on her own here like someone's watching her. As you know she starts waking up at 5 am to clean the cafe, at 8 she starts working, she finishes cleaning the cafe at 8 pm. Eat dinner and go straight to her room. On her free days, she spends the morning teaching the local kindergarten, and the rest of the day playing or watching friends. Which she already finished 3 times, luckily Nayeon doesn't get tired of watching it with her."

"And having you around made it a little better, at least now she doesn't go in panic whenever she misses something. It used to be a lot worse before you, Nayeon and I always try to help her change that routine but she simply can't help following it."

CY : "Ehhhh? Waeyo? Is there any reason why she's doing that?"

JY : "Probably, I mean you wouldn't be like that if there's no reason right? But you know what? I read a research once, it says that people who feel lost/sad/lonely/depressed tend to do things they already know. They watch movies they either know the ending or they've already watched. They listen to old music or they have this one song on repeat and stick to an everyday routine. They tend to avoid something new in fear they might topple into something they couldn't handle. Let's say the main point of that article is people like Sharon tends to stay in their comfort zone, they have a lot of fears inside."

CY : "Did she ever told you or unnie why?"

JY : "I told you kid, Sharon is a tough nut to crack. Her wall is higher than the Eiffel tower. The first time we met her we knew it'll be hard to make her talk. She didn't even say that much when she starts applying here. We just got used to it, especially Nayeon, she loves her like her real sister besides it's not our place to meddle. We're just happy that she's been laughing a little more than before. Who knows? Maybe one of these days she'll open up to you."

CY :        

CY : "Should I try asking her out? To do something outside of her routine?"

JY : "You're a grown woman make your own decisions haha. It'll be fine, I think she'll consider if it's you. Go take this meringue, I'm going to take some to my wife. She's not pregnant yet but she acts like one, always craving for something, aish."

CY : "Haha you wouldn't want her to hear that and I think it's good for you, it's like practicing."

JY : "It's not like practicing. It's been like that for as long as I remember. It'll probably be much worse once she starts bearing a child.... Well, not that I'm complaining."

CY : "That's great, now off you go. Don't make the soon to be baby mama wait. I'll go back to Sharon."

JY "Arraso, I'll make a hamburger for dinner."

CY : "Okay, I'll help you."

JY : "Gomawo."

Jeongyeon went upstairs and I went back to Sharon who's still busy playing games. Somehow watching her was more fascinating than looking at various places.

I'm right where I need to be.

---