CHAPTER 12

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

1638a8d578800c71965840065653.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

All of a sudden Sharon grabbed her cheeks and started squishing it. Chaeyoung didn't know what to say, she didn't even move from where she is.

MN :

MN : "Your cheeks are fluffy, I always wonder, is it because you always have a smile in your face? And this dimple, so adorable." She said as she pokes it.

Chaeyoung was starting to blush, it's partly the alcohol's fault and partly her heart who can't contain the happiness she's feeling right now.

Most people believe that alcohol helps you say the things you couldn't. Chaeyoung never believed in such thing, for her it's just an overused excuse. But not until now, because the Sharon in front of her is different from the Sharon she met.

CY : "Arraso, let's go to bed. You need to sleep now."

MN : "Say Chaeng.... Can you give me a moment? You can leave me if you want to, I just want to stay like this."

Chaeyoung didn't answer, well, her mind was somewhere drifting away. She didn't realize that a day when Sharon would call her by her nickname would come. So instead of convincing the Edelweiss girl, she just sat down next to her and watch the girl.

Sharon took her phone out, turn to her side to face the transparent door, a few moments she starts playing a song. Chaeyoung recognized the first note that came from the piano, of course, she would. This is one of her favorite songs. What are the odds that Sharon likes the same song she does?

*LAUV - TILL YOU MISS SOMEONE*

   

*Love is a dream, they try to sell you in magazine, but you never really know what it means, till you miss someone.*

The smaller girl just sat there quietly, she watches as Sharon tries to trace the stars in the milky sky. It's like the two of them have been connected differently tonight.

*Life is a wave and sometimes you get carried away. You never wished you would've stayed, till you miss someone.*

Chaeyoung notice how the song seems to be in repeat, it's been the third time it played on Sharon's phone. But she didn't say a word, she can see how the girl is having a peaceful time. So she just stayed right next to her, watching her.

MN : "Hey Chaeng, earlier you asked me if I believe in genuine love..."

*I've been trying to love with my half heart open. Tell me you'll meet me halfway.*

MN : "I thought about it, and I couldn't answer myself. I wanted to say yes, but I realized I never really knew what that means. Do you think if I was loved genuinely I wouldn't lose myself? That I wouldn't be out here looking for something I would probably never find?"

Chaeyoung couldn't make up a word. She hates it, she hates how she didn't realize sooner that the peaceful time she thought Sharon was having was not really peaceful but rather mayhem. If it wasn't for the wavering voice, and the shoulder that's aggressively going up and down. Chaeyoung wouldn't notice, she would've probably sat there waiting for her.

And maybe it wasn't a good idea that she gave her some time, it wasn't a good idea that she let Sharon remembers whatever she wanted to forget        

And maybe it wasn't a good idea that she gave her some time, it wasn't a good idea that she let Sharon remembers whatever she wanted to forget.

So instead of asking Sharon to stand up, Chaeyoung picked her up. Carried her like a bride, and Sharon held on to her neck like a child who doesn't want to get apart from her parents, then buried her face in the Koreans chest. Chaeyoung could feel it, the tears that were getting her shirt drenched, the way her body tremble, the way she was catching air, and the painful sobs she was trying hard to conceal. She could feel the pain that she doesn't even know where was coming from. Her heart starts to throb with every step she takes up the stairs, she wanted to cry with the Edelweiss girl.

Sharon was supposed to be heavy, at least a little heavier than the smaller girl is but she wasn't. She's light and the only thing that was heavy in her was her heart.

-

It was a good thing that when they got to her room, Sharon has passed out, from the alcohol and the crying. The smaller girl tacked her in bed, her eyes were still drenched, her face was all red. Chaeyoung got some tissue to wipe the remaining tears and after that, she sat on the floor. Lean on the bed and let go of a heavy sigh.

Out of nowhere, she starts crying, she wasn't sure why but her heart was heavy. It was breaking.

She wanted to stay with Sharon, she wanted to make sure that when the Japanese wake up she'll find her there. She wanted her to know that she's here, that she'll always be by her side but she knew Sharon wouldn't want that.

She's sure that the girl wouldn't want to wake up seeing her and getting reminded how she broke down this night. If it's for Sharon's sake she'll pretend that she didn't know anything, that she didn't see her like this.

After making sure that Sharon is sound asleep, she left.

[THE NEXT DAY]

Sharon woke up in her bed. It's not surprising, like how it was the first time. Whenever Irene, Nayeon, and her would go all out in drinking, Jeongyeon would pick her up and carry her to her room before going back to take her wife to bed. Nayeon was the one who told her. Because the older girl drinks a lot and gets drunk most of the time but she's the type who remembers everything the next day. While Sharon on the other hand always forgets everything.

She prefers it that way, she likes forgetting everything.

The first thing Sharon always do after waking up is going downstairs to clean up the mess they had last night, she wakes up 5 in the morning every day because she's used to it. Ever since she was small her time was manipulated. She hasn't overslept in years since that's how she was raised and even though she's thousands of miles away it still feels like someone's watching her.

On usual days she gets up at 5 am to clean up the yard and start brewing some coffee for the married couple but on days after a night of drinking, she starts with cleaning up. Jeongyeon used to be the one who always cleans the place, she does it after putting her and Nayeon to bed but a few months ago Sharon insists that she'll clean the mess early in the morning. The taller girl couldn't say no, she knew the Japanese would feel guilty if she doesn't let her.

But when she came down, everything was already cleaned. The cans of beer were gone and the tables were already back to its places. She thought Jeongyeon and Seulgi already clean last night, so she went outside to sweep the front of the cafe. After doing so, she was making her way to the outside deck when she notices Chaeyoung sleeping on the sofa. She did remember Jeongyeon saying that she invited her but she couldn't remember when did the girl arrive.

She couldn't contain herself and started poking Chaeyoung's dimple, a few more, and then everything that happened last night came back to her. The last thing she remembers is she was crying on the floor. She started blushing but it's already done, the only thing she could do was hope that Chaeyoung doesn't remember anything.

She started blushing but it's already done, the only thing she could do was hope that Chaeyoung doesn't remember anything

---