CHAPTER 14

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

163a1ec8f4aca129595940118608.jpg

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

My head was still throbbing from last night, I wasn't sure if it was from the beer or from crying. Sharon looks fine, in fact, she looks like she didn't break down last night but it still bothers me that she was going through something like that.

She's like a glass with a crack on it, a little tap and you know it'll break into million pieces. 

She's fragile.

MN : "Chaeyoung-san?" She said as she sat next to me.

CY : "Sorry..." I snap back to reality.

MN : "Are you tired? You can go ahead and rest."

CY : "No, I'm fine besides I want to see the place you're talking about."

MN : "Are you sure? I can show it to you next time."

CY : "I don't want it to be next time."

MN : "Okay, before we go. Let's have lunch here."

She took the basket and laid a plaid sheet. Then she took out a bowl and when she opened it, I was surprised to see that it was bibimbap.

CY : "Wow! I never knew you cook."

MN : "I don't." She smiled. "Jeong prepared it yesterday, she said I should invite you to eat lunch since the two of them are not there. Sorry, I only know how to make tea and coffee." She said as she took out the thermal container.

CY : "I can go on forever with just green tea."

MN :

MN : "Did Jeong taught you that? Haha, let's finish lunch so we can make are way."

CY : "Hai! Hai!"

Sharon is fragile, she's the type that could break anytime soon. The only thing I can do for her right now is to make it a little less hard.

-

After having lunch, we packed our things. I carried the basket and notice that it was full of mini-breads and candies. I just followed her downhill, into this big field that has a wooden fence on it. There was an old building standing in the center of it.

I didn't notice it but my brows were braided. Sharon looks at me and I could see the confusion on her face.

MN : "I know, I know, it's not that great of an architectural site but it's really what inside that matters. Let's go."

She said and held my wrist, she started pulling me

She said and held my wrist, she started pulling me. Once we get inside, I notice how the floor was made up of hardwood. It's also waxed and shined. She leads me to a room, before she opened the door she looked at me and said.

MN : "It's nothing compare to the leaning tower of Pisa, it's just an old building but what inside is greater than any building in this world :)"

Sharon slowly opened the door and the first thing I notice was not the wide windows opened, but a bunch of little humans running around. She looks at me and smiled and somehow I understand what she means.

For me, the structure is the most mesmerizing thing I see in a place but for her, the people who use it are more important.

Yet, again, I learned a new reason to like her, to love her.

MN : "Okay kids today I brought a special friend. Say hello to Chaeng."

The kids started to gather around me. One was pulling my pants while the other was shouting my name. Before I notice it I was already smiling with excitement.

MN : "Line up everyone and follow the teacher."

The kids lined up by pair and started waving goodbye to the adults in the room, they're probably the parents of these kids. Sharon starts to walk with her basket and the kids start to follow her. The last kid who was the smallest of the bunch held my pinky finger and pulled me with them. Sharon stopped under the shadow of a big tree, she laid the same sheet we used and started to take out the flowers off the basket.

The kids start to sit in a circle and the little girl pointed at me to sit down in which I did but what surprised me more was when she sat on my lap. I never really held a little human-like this before.

MN : "So Chaeng here helped teacher to pick some flowers for everyone."

KIDS : "Thank you."

CY : "Uhm you're welcome."

MN : "Let's get started."

Sharon didn't say anything to me, I'm still trying to figure out why exactly we're here. The kids start to pick up some flowers and thread. The little one who was sitting on my lap looking up to me and waved the flower.

"You're gonna put it like this, then this." The little girl told me

She was showing me a pattern, my heart was melting. I never thought I'll love kids like this. I followed her lead, it took about 20 minutes when I realized that what we're making was a flower crown.

Sharon picks up Edelweiss flower every 6 am to make a flower crown for these kids.

MN : "Everyone's done??" She said, already wearing her flower crown.

The kid on my lap seems to be having a hard time, she starts to pout when she realized that she was the only one who's still working on it        

The kid on my lap seems to be having a hard time, she starts to pout when she realized that she was the only one who's still working on it.

CY : "Here." I said as I put the one I made on her head. "You look like a real princess."

The little girl smiled at me, and she smiles with her eyes almost closing, gums showing. She smiles like how Sharon smiles.

MN : "Let's head back :)"

We started to make our way back, I still have no clue whatsoever. The adults were already in the lobby and the room was left for us. Sharon excused herself, and the kids went to their parents. When everyone came back there all in tights and ballet shoes, same as Sharon.

MN : "You see on my day off I go here in the afternoon to teach kids how to do ballet."

CY : "Ehhh? So you like ballet??

MN : "Technically not, it's something that was forced to me but I grew a liking for it. I'll tell you more later, for now, you can just relax :)"

She starts to gather the kids. They start stretching and doing some basics, I was sitting on the floor. The way Sharon smiles at them is pure, maybe she hasn't noticed but she has a different smile from the one she always has.

Kids are still kids. When they get tired they lose focus but Sharon was different from any adults. She doesn't lure them with snacks, instead, she sits down with them and talks. She'll be a great mom, I thought to myself.

It didn't even take that long for them to finish. When they're done Sharon starts to give the sandwich and the candies, one by one they said goodbye to her and me.

It's just me and her again.

MN :

MN : "Now that we're done with that. Let's talk before we go back. I have something I want to tell you."

---