CHAPTER 36

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

68747470733a2f2f696d672e776174747061642e636f6d2f73746f72795f70617274732f3938313735353634332f696d616765732f313634386135363639323036343762303339383238313637313538382e6a7067?s=fit&h=360&w=720&q=80

NO ONE'S POV

Mina hugged her mother for the last time before leaving, it wasn't until she saw her reflection in one of her portraits in the hallway that she noticed how red her left cheek become but she didn't felt the pain. All she knows is from today on she will no longer be the same girl that only knows how to follow an order.

Today is the start of Mina's new life.

-

She didn't bother getting anything from her room knowing that all of the things in there are the things that her father has given to her perfect daughter.

MM : "Mina?! Are you okay? what happened?"

SN : "He did this to you? You know it's a crime to hit a girl. Let me talk to him!" She said furiously.

TY : "Please calm down, let's hear what Mina have to say."

MN : "Thanks Tzu, everything is okay. I finally said what I always wanted to say, from now on I'm free of my past." She smiled at them.

MM : "Then what's with this?" She pointed at her cheeks.

MN : "Hahaha you know what it is, we all know that you can never be a Myoui if you chose to make your path. Kai had a lot more when he left haha."

SN : "Stop laughing, this isn't funny."

TY : "Does that mean you got kicked out?"

MN : "Of course not, I chose to leave this place."

MM : "What are your plans?"

MN : "For now I have to look for a place and a job to support myself."

MM : "What are you saying look for a place?! You can stay with us."

MN : "I knew you'll say that, I appreciate it but I don't want to bother the three of you. If I stay with you guys, it will be too cramped."

SN : "Baka! You said you're free from your past, so why are you setting yourself apart again? If the place is too small we can find a new one that can fit all of us. We don't mind, right Tzu?"

TY : "Of course as long as your with us."

SN : "So stop figuring things on your own, we're here and will always gonna be here for you. Stop shutting us down."

Sana and Momo started crying out of nowhere. Mina understands what there saying, she left for a year without letting anyone know how she was. She turned her back at them thinking the problem can only be solved by herself but Chaeyoung thought her that nothing's gonna change even if she show this vulnerable side of hers.

MN "Hai, hai stop crying. If you'll let me, then I will. I promise not to leave you without saying a word again."

Tzuyu grabs the three of them into a hug, Mina didn't know why but the tears just started to fall.

TY : "Everything's gonna be okay now."

-

A few weeks would pass and just like what Sana said they found a place that can fit the four of them. It wasn't big like how her father's house but it felt more like home. It was in the middle of the city, their balcony faces the east where the sun greets them every morning.

Momo introduced her to a coworker who helped her get a job in a nearby school, she teaches kindergarten. Mina's favorite part of the day is seeing them.

"Good morning kids :)"

"Good morning Ms. Son!!!" They greeted her energetically.

Son.... She wasn't allowed to carry the name Myoui anymore. Mina thought about it hard. At first, she thought using Yoo would be the best choice but then she suddenly remembers that she found herself in her, she was her home. She's living the way she wanted, not by what was dictated to her and that was all thanks to her. So if it's a name Mina can call her own it'll be of hers.

Son Chaeyoung will always be the reason for what Myoui Mina has found.

The girls didn't ask her why, they just thought it was a random name she picked        

The girls didn't ask her why, they just thought it was a random name she picked. She wanted to tell them, she wants them to know who she was but she knows it's not the right time.

-

On days that they don't have work, Mina usually wakes up earlier than everyone. It's something she does out of habit. She cooks them breakfast, makes them coffee, and brew herself green tea. Hoping she'll taste the same flavor that made Chaeyoung smile with every sip of it.

SN : "Ohayo Mitan."

Sana came out of the room while Tzuyu followed her.

MN : "Ohayo, I made breakfast can you wake up Momo?"

TY : "I'll go." She said while rubbing her eyes.

Sana helped Mina in setting up the table and for Mina, it felt like she's back in Lauterbrunnen with Nayeon and Jeongyeon.

MN : "Itadakemasu!" (TR : I humbly accept)

SN, MM, TY : "Itadakemasu!"

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are the only time that Sana and Momo become quiet. Usually, they ask her how she is, what she wants to do, or if she wants to meet someone.

TY : "Mina-chan how did you learn to cook this good?"

Momo and Sana nodded in agreement, waiting for her response.

MN : "Haha is it good? Or you guys just saying it to make me feel better?"

SN : "Hai! We wouldn't lie to you, everything is good especially your coffee!"

MN : "Well, remember the couple who I used to live with? They own a cafe, I helped them run the place. I make breakfast for all of us, Jeong thought me how to cook while her wife Nayeon thought me how to brew coffee and tea."

MM : "Tell us more, is it a great place?"

Mina hums in response.

TY : "What's with it that's not here?"

MN : "Everything? Haha, Lauterbrunnen is different, the morning is always calm. You can see fine dust in the shade of the sun and the nights are peaceful that the only thing you'll hear is the sound of insects chirping. It's surrounded by wide green fields and the alps mountains. It's far from the noises that the city makes, far from the hustle and bustle. And time freezes, it's a place you wouldn't mind getting lost." She said with sparkling eyes.

SN : "I guess you really do love the place."

MN : "I do, if I could choose a place to grow old I'll pick it in a heartbeat."

SN : "Then it's settled! Everything is fine now, you can go back."

MN : "Haha that's new Satang letting me go without throwing a tantrum?"

SN : "Yah! If it's for your happiness we wouldn't even think twice."

MM : "Right! We'll cover the expenses so you go back."

MN : "Ara-ara... Do you guys don't want me here anymore?"

TY : "Of course we do, we just thought you don't belong here. I think we all know that place is your home."

MN : "Haha I get what you guys are saying, I will but not right now. I want to go back there when I have something to show them. Besides I like it here with you guys."

SN : "Okay just tell us if you feel you want to go back. Maybe we can all go and see the place."

MN : "Great idea! Let's do that you'll love 10IN. Jeong makes the best cake in town."

MM : "Oooooh I haven't met her yet but I already like her."

TY : "You like anyone who has sweet, I wonder how do why your girlfriend doesn't become jealous."

MM : "Because she's a candy herself."

SN :

SN : "Ew Momoring."

MN : "Hahaha let's finish breakfast I have to leave soon."

SN : "Oh is it that time of the time of the month?"

MN : "Hai!"

-

"Mina-chan!" Her mom greeted her.

"Ohayo, mom :)"

Mina meets her mom twice a month, she might not be her father's daughter but she always gonna be her mother's baby girl.

MS : "How are you doing?"

MN : "I'm okay, how are you?"

MS : "You know, same as always. Your father won't let me do things he doesn't know."

MN : "Haha the old man never change but mom...." She suddenly became serious. "You should at least try telling him what you want. Don't be afraid of him."

MS : "I'm not, I wanted to do it because I love him. I didn't mind following wherever he goes. If there's one thing I regret is I never fought hard enough for you and your brother. I'm sorry I failed to protect you."

MN : "Don't be, you did everything you could for us. If it wasn't for you the two of us would've gone the wrong way."

MS : "Mina... You know your dad loves you, right? He was just afraid he's not gonna be able to give you two a good future, that's why he worked hard until it got to his head. I hope you don't hate him that much."

MN : "I know mom, I don't hate him. I just wished he would've tried to be a father to us."

MS : "Then why don't you come home with me today?"

MN : "I don't think it's the right time, I don't hate him but I'm not going back until he accepts that his kids are not perfect, that we have our dreams. I hope you understand mom."

MS : "Of course I do, I just thought I should give it a try. Are you happy?"

MN : "I am, I found where I should be. You should visit the school sometimes you'll love the kids."

Mina and her mom just continue talking about her newfound life until it was about time for her mother to leave.

---