CHAPTER 1

IN EVERY ME THERE'S YOU [MICHAENG]

16333108959bd621557811282695.jpg

NO ONE'S POV

Son Chaeyoung is known for being an adventurous and free-spirited kid. Since she was small her heart has been wanting to experience life outside of Korea, so after graduating her parents bought her a one-way ticket. A gift to their firstborn who always has a wandering soul.

After flying 11 hours from Incheon to Flughafen Zurich International Airport and almost 3 hours of cars and bus ride Chaeyoung arrived at Lauterbrunnen. A place new to her, in which there's not a single person she knows.

But unlike other's who wander far away from what they call home, to find themselves or to find a different purpose to life        

But unlike other's who wander far away from what they call home, to find themselves or to find a different purpose to life.

Chaeyoung flew halfway across the world without any reason or plans. She believes having a plan lose the sole purpose of having fun thus ever since she was small, she does everything impulsively or just with her guts.

CHAEYOUNG'S POV

[LAUTERBRUNNEN SWITZERLAND]

The purpose of this trip is to see the world outside of Korea and to visit the architectural site in hopes I can find inspiration before going back and starts working        

The purpose of this trip is to see the world outside of Korea and to visit the architectural site in hopes I can find inspiration before going back and starts working.

I decided to stay a week in Lauterbrunnen, it's a small village just below the Bernese alps. I found pictures of it while searching for a place I could stay in Switzerland. There's not much in terms of architecture but I figured since it's a vacation I want to start with something refreshing.

The small cabins, the green hills, the waterfall, and the perfectly shaped cone in the background captivated me. I knew it has to be my first stop. I know it's not majestic as La Sagrada Familia which is like heaven for architects like me but it's a place that called me.

Like Something's wanting me to be here.

-

The moment I stepped out of the bus, I inhale this fresh air. It smells a whole lot different than what Seoul does, I think it even cleansed my lungs. The village was small you can walk from the bus stop to the hotel.

[BREEZE HOTEL]

"Good morning, I'm Kang Seulgi Breeze manager. Can I help you?"

CY : "Good morning I have a reservation. Son Chaeyoung."

SG : "How are you Ms. Son we already prepared your room, it's on the 3rd floor just like you requested. Here's your key, I'll get someone to help you with your bags. Please have a seat for a moment."

CY : "Thank you."

I followed the bell boy up in my room and after he left, I started roaming around my room. It's chilly in here but it was great, I had a room facing the great alps. A perfect spot to sketch.

-

But I knew I couldn't just waste a day sitting in my room, I have to go out and explore the place. After taking my long-awaited shower, I took my camera and left for the afternoon. I started going around, I even meet some people on my way.

I've read a blog that there's this great cafe near the Staubach falls. It's called 10IN. CAFE, It says there it's open 6 days a week and is owned by an old Korean couple, I just knew I have to drop by and check the place. So after the tiring afternoon walk I had, I started looking for the place.

[10IN. CAFE]

Beside the door was this box full of puzzles, it says it's free to take. The inside was great there were a lot of puzzles that were framed and hang on the wall. They even have a bunch of Legos' on display. It gives this simple vibe on it.

"Annyeong! You look new to the place :)" A girl with protruding teeth greet me.

CY : "Annyeong, I am. Can you recommend me some of the best you got?"

"Of course, we have americano, green tea and we have a couple of cold drinks and I must say you should try are cheesecake. Our pastry chef makes the best cheesecake here in Lauterbrunnen."

CY : "Ohh then I'll have one americano and a slice of cheesecake :)"

"Sure no problem, you can go sit wherever you want. I'll serve your food in a minute."

CY : "Uhmmm I'm just wondering is that place accessible for customers?" I said as I pointed at the outside deck.

"It is that's the best spot in our cafe. Most of the people who go here visit because of that open space."

CY : "Thank you, I'll be out there."

"Hai! Hai! Enjoy!"

That was a pretty energetic girl, I wonder who owns the place.

-

I made my way to the back and when I got out I realized why she said it's the best spot in the cafe. It was an open space facing the Staubbach falls. I should send a picture to everyone back home.

"Here you go :)"

CY : "Oh thank you."

"So are you from Seoul?"

CY : "I am :)"

"My wife and I used to live in Seoul until her crazy self thought of moving here. Well, it worked out fine anyway."

CY : "Hahaha." I didn't know I laughed out loud. "mianhe I just thought you and your wife are cute."

"Gwenchana, I'm cute she's annoying."

CY : "Son Chaeyoung you can call me Chae, Chaeng, or whatever you like :)" I said as I offer my hand.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Yoo Nayeon." She took my hand and shakes it.

CY : "Is it okay if I stay a little while?"

NY : "Sure we close at 7 pm, take all the time you want. I'm going back inside before the annoying one starts to throw a tantrum. Feel free to call me anytime, I'll be in the coffee bar :)"

I made the right decision to visit this cafe, it has a scenic appeal that makes you want to draw all day. The Staubbach falls get lighted at night it was majestic besides I meet a new friend.

I should've brought my sketch back with me, I guess I just have to come back tomorrow.

NY : "Hey Chae."

I looked at my watch and it was already 0730 in the evening, I didn't realize but the place was already empty. I forgot they close at 7 pm, way to go Chaeng. you just happen to embarrassed yourselves on your first day here.

---

(A/N) Here a new story for you guys especially to my MiChaeng friends :) Hope you like it!