9th

Falling All In You

"Oh crap!" Chaeyoung blurted the next morning when she realized something.

 

She left her uniform, shoes, and bag in Jennie's van. All she brought home last night was the purse bag that the personal assistant gave her. Good thing she has another set of uniform sponsored by M.M. and she could use her old shoes for the mean time. But her notes and other stuff are in her bag so she needs to find Jennie later and retrieve it.

 

Chaeyoung started to prepare for school. After less than 30 minutes, she was done. She checked herself in the mirror one last time and smiled in satisfaction before turning to a shelf to get her helmet. But it's not there.

 

"Crap", she mumbled when she realized she also left her scooter in school, "Guess I'll just have to take the bus."

 

She'll make sure to scold the brunette later for her wonderful idea of kidnapping someone to dinner.

 

"Chaeyoung-ah, Wendy's here!" she heard her mother called out from their dumpling store.

 

That made her smile. She hasn't seen her bestfriend for weeks now and she's glad the girl dropped by to visit her, "Coming, mom!"

 

She excitedly closed her room and made her way outside. She saw Wendy standing by the counter holding a box wrapped in a lace.

 

"WenWen!" Chaeyoung slightly leaps to give the girl a brief hug, "I'm glad you visit! I missed you forever."

 

The other girl chuckled before hugging her back, "That's because you've been so busy with Crossford that you've already forgotten your bestfriend."

 

"What- no no! Well...things just got a little..." she was thinking of a safe word to say, "...frenzy for me."

 

"I know right? Like, what else could be frienzier than transferring to the most prestigious school in SK", her bestfriend enthusiastically said, "So, how was Crossford? You owe me a lot of stories, Chaeng."

 

Chaeyoung smiled awkwardly, "It was...good. I mean, the school was really majestic. It's...good."

 

"Just good?" Wendy squinted her eyes a little, "You should tell me everything when I visit again, okay?"

 

She just nodded unsurely. Her bestfriend was very fond of Crossford that she thinks everything about it is superb. So how could she tell her that the school has been everything but good to her? How could she tell her about Blackpink without it sounding like a k-drama?

 

"By the way, I just dropped by to give this", Wendy smiled and handed her the box wrapped in a lace, "I woke up early and craved for sweets, so I baked some brownies."

 

"Wow, thank you, Wen!" she gets the box of brownies and inspected it with twinkling eyes.

 

"Have you had breakfast, Wendy-ah? I'll cook kimchi fried rice for you girls", Mrs. Park asked from the kitchen.

 

"As much as I'd love to, auntie, but I need to head to school now or I'll be late", the girl apologetically smiled. 

 

"Me too, mom. I need to take the bus. I left my scooter in school."

 

"Alright, I'll just prepare dumplings for you both, then. I'll be quick", Mrs. Park replied.

 

Her bestfriend's head snapped to look at her, "You left your scooter?"

 

"I—"

 

She was about to answer, but the doorbell of their store suddenly rang.

 

"I'll get it", Wendy volunteered before getting the door.

 

Chaeyoung's eyes widened once she was greeted by the familiar men in black suit standing by their door. Wendy was evidently surprised and confused at the same time.

 

"Good morning, Miss Park", the man standing in the front greeted, "We were instructed by Lady Jennie to give these back to you."

 

Two men stepped forward and handed her the bag, uniform, and shoes that she left in the van last night. She accepted them with two arms.

 

"Um, thank you?" was what she could only reply.

 

She felt Wendy nudged her before mouthing a subtle 'who-is-jennie'. But she wasn't able to answer when the man spoke again.

 

"And since you left your scooter, we were also told to drive you to school."

 

"I- no, you don't have to", she waved her hands dismissively, "I can just take the bus."

 

"But Miss—"

 

"No, really. You don't have to drive me to school. I can manage."

 

The man's expression turned a little bothered before replying, "I'm sorry, Miss Park, but we have to what we're ordered to do. Or we will lose our job."

 

"What?"

 

"Just please let us drive you to school."

 

Chaeyoung stared at the pleading man, before turning to her bestfriend who was still confused as hell. The girl gave her a small smile and a 'you-have-a-lot-to-tell-me-park-chaeyoung' look.

 

"Chaeng, WenWen, here are your dumplings— oh, we have a visitor, Chaeng?" Mrs. Park entered the scene holding two lunchboxes, "Wait, aren't you Jennie's butler?"

 

They all looked at each other not really knowing what to say.

 

And that's how Chaeyoung's morning went.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

"And what? That was it?" Jisoo asked in disbelief before popping a popcorn into , "You had dinner, took her home, bid her goodnight...and you expect her to fall in love with you?"

 

Jennie nodded and slumped herself on the love seat of their lounge, "What else should I have done, then, Miss love expert?"

 

The brunette told Jisoo about everything last night, and the latter just mocked her. The plan went well and Roseanne and her even talked, and Jisoo's mocking her style? Does she even know how much of pride she had to swallow to do that?

 

"I don't know, maybe tell her romantic stuff, or take her to the beach and watch the stars while laying on the sand? Or maybe hold her hand and whisper sweet nothings to her ear. Y'know", the purple haired girl shrugged.

 

"Excuse me? Are you being serious right now? I thought the first step is to befriend the target?"

 

"Yeah, but that's getting pretty boring. You can just jump to romance already."

 

"That's your freaking way, what the ?"

 

"Wait up! So, what's really happening here?" Lisa jumped between them looking like a confused banana ('cos she's wearing yellow sweats).

 

"Well, Jen here, admitted that she couldn't deafeat the very tough Roseanne Park using her way, so she asked for my help and did the Jisoo way", the oldest girl smirked.

 

"I didn't say I couldn't defeat her. I'm just stepping up my game to make her life more miserable", the brunette defended herself.

 

Lisa blinked several times before looking at them simultaneously, "So, you're planning to break the girl's heart?"

 

The two girls both nodded.

 

"So she'd finally leave Crossford?" the blonde asked again.

 

"Exactly."

 

Lisa looked at them in disbelief, "Wait, don't you think that's too much?"

 

Jisoo waved her hands dismissively, "Actually, no. Because I don't think Jennie could ever make the girl fall for her."

 

"Excuse me? Are you underestimating me right now, Kim? You know I never have to go after someone, people come to me effortlessly. So watch me break Roseanne Park's heart once she fell madly deeply in love with me."

 

The two girls high-fived and shared a knowing smirk, but Lisa remained silent. A disappointed look visible on her face.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

The bell rang indicating the end of Chaeyoung’s first class. She gathered her things and walked out of the room alone. Yang texted her early in the morning to tell her that they won’t be attending classes today because they both caught flu. So Chaeyoung’s going solo for the rest of the day.

 

All eyes were on her as she walks through the corridor. Well, that maybe because students got shocked when they saw her stepped out of a Mercedes-Benz, with Jennie’s butler opening the car door for her. She really didn’t want to accept the ride, but she also didn’t want them to lose their job just because of this.

 

She was lost in thoughts when she heard someone calling her.

 

“Chaeyoung!”

 

She saw Seulgi running towards her, “Hey, I’ve been looking for you everywhere. Glad I found you here.”

 

Chaeyoung smiled at the girl, “Hey, Seul. Why were you looking for me?”

 

“To give you this”, Seulgi handed her a paper bag which she accepted.

 

She peeked inside the paper bag and saw a new set of school uniform, “I— Seul...”

 

The girl smiled at her, “I promised to replace your uniform with a new one, remember?”

 

“But you already gave me your spare.”

 

“That one’s already used, though. This one’s new.”

 

Chaeyoung smiled even wider before enveloping the girl in a hug, “Thank you, really. I’m glad there are still people like you in a place like this.”

 

“No worries, Chaeng”, Seulgi gave her a concerned look after breaking the hug, “How are you, by the way? Are they still bugging you?”

 

She paused for a moment. The girl was talking about Blackpink, and she really didn’t know how and where to start explaining. Even herself doesn’t know what’s happening or what’s about to happen now.

 

“Well...” she was cut off by a voice.

 

“Hey, it’s Roseanne!”

 

Chaeyoung heard her name being called and she turned around to find the famous trio, Blackpink, walking towards them. She felt Seulgi move behind her and held her arm.

 

“Hello there. It’s good to see you again, Roseanne. How’ve you been?” Jisoo told her with a wide smile.

 

Jennie, who’s standing beside her, and Lisa, who’s at the back, looked at their purple-haired friend weirdly. Probably wondering what on earth did the girl take to be this friendly.

 

“I’ve been hell, thanks to you guys”, Chaeyoung bravely answered, earning a nudge from Seulgi.

 

“Hey, are we in trouble?” Seulgi whispered discreetly, which she replied with, “No, it’s fine.”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes, nothing’s gonna happen.”

 

“I have to go to class, then. Are you really sure you’re okay?”

 

“Yes, I’m sure. Thanks again, Seul. See you around.”

 

The girl pats Chaeyoung’s back before dashing away from the scene, getting the trio’s attention but shrugged it off almost immediately.

 

“Oh come on, it’s all in the past now. I thought our Jennie here already made it up to you?” Jisoo spoke again.

 

Chaeyoung nodded, “But that didn’t change everything she did to me.”

 

Jennie was trying so hard not to roll her eyes when she felt Jisoo nudging her, motioning her to speak.

 

“Um, I thought we’re okay already? Y’know, last night?”, the brunette said.

 

“Okay? How is kidnapping me to dinner okay? I even left my scooter here”, Chaeyoung retaliated.

 

“But I sent my butler to drive you to school. Isn’t that enou—” Jisoo nudged her again when her voice rose a little, “...I mean, I’ll take note not to do that again next time.”

 

Chaeyoung squinted her eyes at the girl who’s pursing her lips with a straight face weirdly.

 

“Next time? You mean there will be a next time?” Jisoo was smirking now.

 

Jennie remembered what Jisoo told her. She should step up her game if she wants to gain Roseanne’s trust. Flirt with her if needed. She needs to win this game.

 

She cleared , “I mean, of course. I’d like to hangout with you again”, she told Chaeyoung while looking straight into her eyes, “...to make up for all the things I did.”

 

“Ooohh, then why don’t we all have lunch together?” Jisoo suggested not-so-innocently, “Right, Jen?”

 

The brunette nodded, not taking her eyes away from the blonde, “Yeah, have lunch with us, Chaeyoung.”

 

“I...don’t think that’s a good id—” Chaeyoung was cut off by the eldest.

 

“That’s a wonderful idea. Let’s go, then? I’m starving.”

 

And Jisoo practically dragged her so she’d have no choice. Jennie walked with them on the left side, and Chaeyoung tipped her head to glance at Lisa at the back. The blonde has this unreadable expression on her face but smiled at her when their eyes met. That’s when she realized Lisa has been quiet the whole time. Maybe she’s really just the silent type in the group.

 

She smiled back as they walk to god knows where.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

“You mean you have your own cafeteria?” Chaeyoung asked while looking around the place.

 

The trio brought her to this coffee shop styled establishment inside Crossford that they call their private eating place.

 

“Yeah, you could say that. We really don’t like mingling with other people”, Jisoo answered while flipping through the menu.

 

“Why did you bring me here, then?” she asked confused.

 

“Because you’re our friend now”, Lisa smiled at her.

 

“Um, since when?”

 

“Since now”, it was the brunette who answered before handing her the menu, “So just choose whatever you like to eat. It’s on us.”

 

“Actually...” Chaeyoung reaches for her bag and takes out the lunchbox her mother prepared earlier this morning, “My mom prepared some dumplings. Do you want some?”

 

“Oh, Jennie likes dumplings!” Jisoo blurted.

 

“But I only eat my personal che—”

 

“Dumplings are her favorite!” Jisoo added and brings the lunchbox infront of the brunette, “Right, Jen?”

 

Jennie shot her friend a subtle glare before nodding awkwardly.

 

“Really? Try it, then. Our dumplings’ really good”, Chaeyoung offered innocently.

 

Jennie stared at her for a moment before taking a piece of dumpling with her chopsticks. The other three looked on as the brunette brings the dumpling to excruciating slow. Jisoo and Lisa are mostly excited because this’ll be the first time Jennie’s going to eat something her personal chefs didn’t make.

 

They waited for her reaction as she slowly munches on the food.

 

“Is this from your store?” the brunette suddenly asked.

 

Chaeyoung nodded, “How was it?”

 

The girl didn’t answer but she looks a bit bothered. She glances at her two friends but they immediately looked away, pretending to scan the menu while holding their laugh.

 

“Um...” she turned back to Chaeyoung with a straight face, “Can I...have another one?”

 

The blonde blinked, “Oh, sure?”

 

Jennie takes another piece and quietly munches on it. The two girls were trying so hard not to atleast chuckle so they hid their faces behind the menu.

 

Chaeyoung always knew their dumplings are the best. But she didn’t expect someone, who has a really picky and expensive tastebuds, to actually like their product. She was also trying not to chuckle when she noticed Jennie’s about to finish the dumplings in the lunchbox.

 

She watches as the girl’s cheeks puff when she’s munching, and she thought they looked like dumplings. That’s cannibalism, though. A dumpling eating dumplings. She let out a soft chuckle.

 

“I...” the brunette stopped eating, her face was a faint shade of red, “I- finished...them all.”

 

Jisoo peeked from behind the menu, “Told you dumpling’s her favorite”, she teased.

 

“Shut up, I’m just hungry. I’ll just pay for it.”

 

Chaeyoung smirked, “No need. But you can just order from our store next time. I’ll give you our hotline.”

 

And Jennie’s face turned even redder.