46th

Falling All In You

"Jen, don't burn the gingerbread!"

 

"They're not burnt yet! Just...wait—"

 

"See! They're burnt!"

 

Jennie turns off the oven with a smash and takes out the tray of slightly burnt gingerbread, one arm flailing in the air to get rid of the thin smoke.

 

"What's happening here, kids?", Mrs. Park entered the kitchen upon hearing the noises.

 

"Jennie burnt the gingerbread, mom!", Chaeyoung complains with both hands propped on each side of her waist.

 

"I— they're not totally burnt! They're still edible?", the brunette defended while lifting the tray.

 

Mrs. Park takes a peek at the cookies before bubbling in a laugh, "Just a little darker, but they're okay."

 

"See? They still look good. Right, mom?", Jennie scoots closer to the woman, finding her ally.

 

"How are we supposed to give them to the neighbors now??", Chaeyoung continues to rant.

 

"I'll decorate them! Y'know, icings and sprinkles and stuff!"

 

"But what if they taste bitter??"

 

"Then it's the neighbors' problem!"

 

"I— mooom!! Why did you let Jennie in the kitchen!"

 

Mrs. Park could only shake her head, "Spare the poor girl, Chaeng. She made some really cute cookies. Well, kind of uneven...but cute."

 

"Hah! You hear that? Mom said I'm cute!", the shorter girl annoys the grumpy Chaeyoung. 

 

"She didn't even say you're cu—"

 

"Lalalala, I'm going to decorate them gingerbread real pretty", Jennie playfully ignores the girl before walking to the countertop.

 

"I know why the gingerbread got burnt, mom", Jaehyuk appeared out of nowhere, "Because they kept stealing kisse—"

 

Jennie was quick to jump on the boy and covers his mouth, "You saying something, buddy? You want to spend Christmas alone in Jeju? Y'know, some Jaehyuk alone time. I can get you there if you don't shut your smart mouth up, heh."

 

 "I—"

 

A loud laugh from Mrs. Park was heard in the middle of the chaos.

 

"You guys are so cute", the woman shakes her head, "Anyway, I'll continue preparing the dinner. Your dad is still roasting the turkey, so Jaehyuk, come and help me."

 

"Y-Yes, mom!", the boy wriggles out of the brunette's hold and scrams away, following his mother.

 

"See!", Chaeyoung scolded in a hushed tone once they're left alone, "The gingerbread got burnt because you kept stealing kisses from me!"

 

"Um, excuse me, woman, but I think it's your fault", Jennie accuses while scooting closer to the girl.

 

"Why is it my fault??"

 

"Because your lips are distracting me."

 

"I— Jennieee!!"

 

The brunette cackles and teasingly clutches on the girl's apron, playfully wriggling her eyebrows.

 

"What now??"

 

Jennie puckers her lips, trying so hard not to laugh.

 

"Don't make me whack you with a frying pan, Jennie Kim", Chaeyoung steps back, reaching for the pan.

 

"Come ooon, just one more kiss!", Jennie teasingly brought her kissy face closer to the girl.

 

"At this rate, we can't finish making anything in this kitchen!", the tall blonde lightly pushes her girlfriend's face away.

 

"Once we're done with the cookies and cake, do I get my kiss?"

 

Chaeyoung literally rolled her eyes at the grinning brunette. Maybe if she just didn't look cute in her little apron, she really would've smacked her in the head.

 

"Alright fine! Let's finish this baking and I'll give you kisses later, gosh", she turned back to the oven to try to hide her smile.

 

Chaeyoung heard a small 'yes' from the brunette, and she glances over her shoulder to see the girl doing a cute little dance while putting sprinkles on the cookies.

 

And she thinks Jennie made Christmas eve preparations even better.

 

~•~

 

"There's no one in here?", Jennie said after knocking ten times on the neighbor's door.

 

"Let's just wait", the blonde nudges her and tries to peek at the window.

 

They were both startled when the door opened, an old-lady neighbor stepped out.

 

"Merry Christmas! We baked some gingerbread for you!", they greeted in unison, before handing out prettily packed gingerbread to the old-lady.

 

"Oh, that's so sweet of you, girls. Thank you", the old-lady takes them with an appreciative smile, "Who's this beautiful girl with you, Chaeyoung?"

 

"Oh, um..."

 

"I'm Chaeyoung's future wife, grandma", Jennie answered with a toothy grin, earning a soft kick from the blonde.

 

"I, um, actually—"

 

"Aww, young couple in love. I wish you both all the happiness in life. Such sweet girls."

 

The old-lady then waved at them before walking back inside her house. Leaving a grinning Jennie, and a blushing Chaeyoung.

 

They continued going from house to house within the neighborhood to give their Christmas cookies, all the while Jennie introducing herself as 'Chaeyoung's future wife'.

 

"Merry Christmas! I'm Chaeyoung's future wife. We baked some gingerbread for you!"

 

And Chaeyoung swears by now, everyone in their neighborhood already knows Jennie as her future wife.

 

They reached Wendy's and Joy's respective residences, and both girls couldn't hide their surprise upon seeing Jennie Kim, the richest heiress in South Korea, walking along the streets of Seoul to give out cookies.

 

"Jennie, I swear this will be the best Christmas gift I'll ever receive", Joy told the brunette while handing her a pen marker.

 

Jennie was blinking rapidly, while Chaeyoung couldn't hold her laugh. In the end, Jennie just signed an autograph on the girl's shirt, although Joy very much wanted her to sign on her forehead. She's starting to think if WenJoy is worse than LiSoo, or if they all share a braincell.

 

~•~

 

"Merry Christmas!!"

 

The Park family, with Jennie, lifted their glasses in a toast as they all sat together in the humble dining for Christmas dinner. The two girls were especially starving after all the walking they did around the neighborhood.

 

The menu was a traditional Christmas cuisine. Some herb roasted turkey, baked Ham with glaze, fruits and greens salad, some korean side dishes, and Chaennie's homemade Christmas fruit cake.

 

It was a simple Christmas dinner, nothing like what Jennie was used to having. But what made the ocassion special was the smiles on their faces as they exchange talks all the while sharing the food together.

 

"How's the food, Jennie-ah?", Mrs. Park asked from across the table.

 

The brunette gave her a smile before answering, "It tastes like...Christmas."

 

The group shared a laugh at that.

 

"Of course, Jen. It's Christmas", Chaeyoung commented beside her.

 

"Yeah, I know, but...I've had Christmas dinners the past few years, but none tasted like this. They didn't taste like Christmas", Jennie explained.

 

And at that moment, they all knew what the girl was talking about.

 

"Then I realized, it's not really the taste that makes it taste like Christmas. It's the feeling", she continues, "It feels like home."

 

Chaeyoung reaches for her hand under the table and gave it an affectionate squeeze, "You are home, Jen."

 

"I know I am", Jennie concurred, a warm smile playing on her lips.

 

They continued the dinner while tossing talks every now and then, and after a little while, Jennie's phone rang and received a video call from Lisa.

 

"You, monkey! Where are you?", she started when she saw her bestfriend's face on the screen.

 

"Oh, Lisa?", Chaeyoung scoots closer, peeking over Jennie's shoulder.

 

"Merry Christmas to you, too, Nini. And Rosie", Lisa chuckled on the other line, "I thought I told you I'm in New Zealand?"

 

"Exactly?? Why are you in New Zealand?? What ever happened to spending the holidays together?"

 

"You're spending it with Rosie, anyway. So I thought you won't need us anymore", Lisa faked a sad face.

 

"Don't even give me that reason. I know something's off. Now, spill", the brunette puffs her cheeks.

 

The girl hasn't even said a reply when Chaeyoung's phone rang this time. Upon seeing the caller ID, she turned to Jennie and makes a 'tsk' sound.

 

"Hey, Chu", Chaeyoung answered the video call.

 

"Ayo, Rosie Posi—"

 

"Kim Jisoo, why are you in Amsterdam??", Jennie cuts the girl off and peeks at the screen.

 

"Jisoo's on the other line?", they heard Lisa ask.

 

"Woah there, is Lisa on the other line, too?", Jisoo asks the same upon hearing the voice.

 

"You two, I— why didn't you just make a group call??", Chaeyoung nags.

 

"I wanted to greet you by myself."

 

"I wanted to greet you by myself, too."

 

"What??"

 

Chaeyoung and Jennie are so confused you could actually see their braincells popping out.

 

"Did you two fight?", the brunette asks, shifting her gaze from one phone to the other.

 

"No!", Lisoo replied in unison.

 

"O-Okay...?"

 

"So what is up with you?", Jennie squints her eyes at the two.

 

"Nothing. I just like the weather here in Amsterdam", Jisoo said nonchalantly.

 

"Same here", Lisa seconded.

 

Chaeyoung and Jennie stared at each other. They're sure by now that something's really wrong with the crackhead duo.

 

"Anyways, I just called to wish you guys a Merry Christmas!"

 

"Me too! Have a blast, aye?"

 

"Hm, merry christmas to you, two. Too bad I can't give you my gifts now", Chaeyoung said.

 

"You prepared a gift for me, Rosie? Aww I really knew you love me. Wait 'til I come back and I'll steal you away from Jennie", the purple-haired girl jokes.

 

"You wish, Chu", Jennie rolled her eyes, "So when are you coming back?"

 

"Probably after the break", it was Lisa who answered.

 

"What?? You're not even gonna spend the New Year's here?"

 

Both girls shook their heads no.

 

"Sorry, Nini. I'll make it up to you next month", Lisa said, "I'll get going now. Have fun there, aye?"

 

"Gotta go now, too! Enjoy!"

 

And both calls ended at that.

 

"That was...weird", Jennie trails off while staring at her phone, "Those two were always together, it's almost a surprise to see them apart."

 

"Something must've happened", the blonde implied.

 

"Yeah, and we gotta find that out real soon."

 

Not too long after, Jennie's phone rang again. Another video call, but this time from...

 

"Dad??", she blurted in surprise upon seeing her father's grinning face on the screen.

 

"Hey, little Jennie. How's my little daughter doing? You having dinner with Chaeyoung?", Chairman Kim greeted.

 

"Uh, yes? Why did you call?", believe Jennie, she didn't mean it to sound sarcastic.

 

"To greet you Merry Christmas, of course! Now would you mind passing the phone to my future daughter-in-law 'cos I want to greet her too."

 

"I—"

 

"Hey, Chairman Kim! How's London?", Chaeyoung peeks at the screen and waves at the man.

 

"London was good, thank you for asking. And please, just call me 'dad'. You'll be my daughter soon, anyway."

 

"I—"

 

"You know, you're annoying. But you're right about that", Jennie told her father, a small smirk on her lips, "How's Christmas there?"

 

The man chuckled, "Just simple dinner with the comrades. I hope you're having fun there. I can't wait to go home next month."

 

"Jennie and I bought a gift for you."

 

"Jennie did? Really now?"

 

"I— shut up. It was Chaeyoung's idea, okay?"

 

"Aww, I didn't know little Jennie could be sweet", the man teases while chuckling.

 

"Okay, you're getting too annoying. I'm hanging up", Jennie puffs her cheeks.

 

"You're really no fun, you'll get old early. Hah. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you, guys. I'll see you soon!"

 

"Merry Christmas, Chairman Kim!"

 

Then the call ended.

 

Jennie could only shake her head. Christmas calls are pretty draining.

 

But fun.

 

~•~

 

"Open it now, mom!"

 

They were all sat on the floor beside the Christmas tree as gift opening activity started. First few gifts were already exchanged, and it's now their mom's turn to open Chaennie's gift for her.

 

"Oh, wow. This is a lovely dress", Mrs. Park lifted the piece of clothing from the box, "Thank you, sweethearts."

 

"Jennie personally picked the design, mom. Y'know, Chanel's global ambassador", Chaeyoung playfully nudges her girlfriend.

 

"I think it'll look really good on you, mom", Jennie poses two thumbs up.

 

"What about Jennie and Chaeyoung's gift for each other?", Mr. Park wriggles his brows.

 

The two girls took a quick glance at each other, before both looking away.

 

"Oh, um...I'll save mine for later", Chaeyoung answered with a shy smile.

 

"I'll also save mine for later, then", Jennie side-glances the girl.

 

“Why are you being secretive now? I wonder what your gifts are”, Jaehyuk commented on the corner.

 

“You know what, I’m starting to get scared whenever you open your mouth”, Chaeyoung snarks at her brother.

 

“I— noona!”

 

“Facts only”, Jennie agrees.

 

After listening to Jaehyuk’s high-pitched complaining cry, they decided to finally clean up and prepare for bed. The old couple went to their room first. The little boy went to his own room. 

 

While Chaeyoung and Jennie decided to spend some more time at the backyard, just making snow angels while throwing snow balls at each other.

 

“So...”, the tall blonde got up and dusts her coat, “Where’s my gift?”

 

“Oh, um well”, Jennie reaches out a hand, and Chaeyoung pulls her up to her feet, “It’s not here now.”

 

“Eh? What do you mean? Don’t tell me you didn’t get me a gift, Jennie Kim??”

 

The brunette lets out a chuckle, “Calm down, tiger. I won’t even dare forget to get you a gift. Of course, I have!”

 

“Then where?”

 

“You already have it, though.”

 

“What?”

 

“My heart.”

 

Another snow ball was thrown. You already know who got hit.

 

“It’s true, though??”, the brunette was laughing while reaching inside the pocket of her coat, “I didn’t bring it here. Because it’ll be too obvious.”

 

“What?”

 

Chaeyoung lets out a gasp of disbelief when Jennie lifted the thing she fished out from her pocket.

 

“Jen, that’s...”

 

“Yup. It’ll be too obvious if I bring the whole thing here, so...”

 

The shorter girl took her girlfriend’s hand and puts the set of keys on her palm.

 

Chaeyoung had to blink thrice to check if she’s seeing it right. But the silver plate on the key holder was clearer than sunshine as it reads, ‘Porsche’.

 

“Jennie, I...I cannot accept this.”

 

“And why not?”

 

“It’s too much. I mean...a freaking car??”

 

“Nothing is too much when it comes to you. I’ll give you the whole country if you ask me to.”

 

“Jennie!!”

 

The brunette chuckles, “I’m being poetic, okay?”

 

“Seriously, though?”

 

“It’s yours, Chaeng”, Jennie curls her lips in a smile.

 

“I don’t even...I can’t even...”, the blonde suddenly panics, “Heck, how can I even give my gift now??”

 

“Easy. Just give it to me”, Jennie laid her hand out in anticipation.

 

“After giving me a whole- car?? Nooo. I’s too simple! And cheap! And—”

 

The brunette held her girlfriend’s face, making her meet her gaze, “Anything that comes from you will always be priceless and special. And you know I’m not saying this to make you feel better. I’m saying this because it’s the truth.”

 

Chaeyoung juts out her lip in a cute pout, and Jennie was quick to place a small kiss on it.

 

“Now, my gift, Ms. Park?”, she asks with a smile.

 

The taller girl hesitantly reaches for her pocket and takes out a slightly long velvet box.

 

“It’s nothing much. But when I saw this, I immediately thought of you”, she carefully opens the box and lifts the gold chain for the other girl to see, “It has a star-shaped pendant because I remember you’ve always wanted to be a star.”

 

Jennie nodded, smile never leaving her face, “And you said I can be a lamp post instead.”

 

They shared a soft laugh at that.

 

“You didn’t know but you became my star since then. You know how they say when one looks at someone like they’re the brightest star in the darkest night?”

 

The brunette nodded again, “That’s how you look at me.”

 

“Yes. Because you are my star. Even in the darkest of nights. Even if I close my eyes. You’re there. Shining as brightly as ever.”

 

Chaeyoung fiddles and unlocks the chain, “I also made it customized. You see that little ‘R’ at the lower corner of the star? That’s me.”

 

She positions herself behind the brunette and carefully wears the necklace around the girl’s neck.

 

“To let you know that I’ll always be here. No matter what the circumstances are. I’ll always be here”, she held her shoulders and turns her around, smiling at the pendant laying over her chest, “Always close to your heart.”

 

Chaeyoung looked up to find Jennie’s glistening eyes.

 

“Hey, why are you crying?”, she lets out a soft chuckle, cupping the girl’s face.

 

“I love you so much”, Jennie hides her face on the crook of Chaeyoung’s neck.

 

“And I love you just as much, my little Jennie.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“No. Thank you. And Merry Christmas, baby.”

 

Jennie broke into a fit of sobs. Tears of joy, if you ask.

 

Because it’s the first time Chaeyoung calls her baby.

 

~•~

 

A week flew by pretty fast. One moment, they were just preparing for Christmas, and now, it’s almost the start of another year. 

 

Another hope. Another challenges to overcome. And another journey together.

 

“What time is it, Jeeen?”, Chaeyoung jogs to the overlooking balcony where her girlfriend is.

 

“Two more minutes!”

 

Jennie welcomes the girl in her arms and they looked up expectantly at the distant sky as they wait for the clock to strike 12.

 

Celebrating the New Year with just the two of them was a mutual choice. They haven’t really had an alone time ever since unfortunate things happened, and a much needed Chaennie moment was everything they could ask for at this occasion.

 

So Jennie didn’t hesitate to book the most expensive room in the most luxurious hotel in Seoul when Chaeyoung agreed to spend the New Year with just the two of them.

 

“10 seconds!”, the brunette announced while hugging her girlfriend closer.

 

“5...4...3...2...1”

 

As if on cue, the sky lit up and colorful fireworks display filled the atmosphere. Signaling the start of a brand new year ahead of them.

 

“Wow that’s beautiful! Look, Jen!”

 

“Yeah, so beautiful.”

 

Chaeyoung turns to the brunette and catches the girl staring at her, “But you’re looking at me!”

 

“Did I stutter?”

 

She lightly pushes her, “Always the charmer, aren’t we?”

 

Jennie chuckles, “Happy New Year, baby.”

 

“Happy New Year!”

 

Jennie loops her arms around Chaeyoung’s neck, and before they know it, their lips were already locked in a kiss. The taller snakes her arms around the brunette’s waist and pulls her even closer.

 

Nobody knows who further deepened the kiss. They just found themselves back inside their hotel room. The brunette managed to lock the balcony door and closes the curtain without parting their lips.

 

When Chaeyoung’s body hit the soft mattress of the queen-sized bed, she knows there’s no turning back. And with Jennie hovering on top of her while giving her the best kiss of her life, she knew she wouldn’t want to turn back anyway.

 

“Chaeng...”, Jennie pulls back shortly to look at her, eyes burning with something she’s never seen before, “Can I?”

 

The girl’s voice was soft. Too soft like she’s the most fragile thing in the world, and afraid that she’ll break her if she spoke a little louder.

 

Jennie was always considerate. That’s one thing she loves about her. And the sincerity in those feline eyes made her bob her head in a soft nod.

 

So Jennie places a soft-loving kiss on her forehead, before diving back in to claim her lips in another searing kiss.

 

Chaeyoung felt the girl’s lips travel along her jawline, down to the sensitive parts of her neck, leaving kisses on her sweet spots. And she could only let out a moan. She felt Jennie’s hands at the hem of her dress, and before she knew it, the piece of clothing was already laying on the floor.

 

Jennie presses her lips back on the girl’s neck, and Chaeyoung felt shivers down her body when Jennie whispers a soft ‘You’re beautiful’ just above her ear.

 

She felt Jennie’s soft lips slid down her chest, the girl’s hands caressing her bare waist, doing wonders to her body.

 

And when Jennie’s lips went down her bare stomach, further going south...Chaeyoung accepts all the love that Jennie could give.

 

As the colorful fireworks display painted the night sky...the two of them become one for the very first time.

 

No uncertainties. No hesitations.

 

Jennie made love to Chaeyoung...all through the night.