32nd

Falling All In You

The next school day came, and Chaeyoung was walking through the hallway with her phone on her ear, glancing behind every now and then feeling awkward by these three men following her.

 

“Yah, Jennie Kim, is this really necessary?”, she whispers on the phone.

 

“I told you it’s for your safety”, Jennie replies on the other line, “Irene Bae has bailed out. It’s expected, since she’s from a family of politicians. So even though I already kicked her out of Crossford, there’s no guarantee that she won’t be coming back to harm you again.”

 

Chaeyoung heaves out a sigh before glancing back at the bodyguards Jennie sent to her. These men picked her up from their house early in the morning, and have been following her to her classes...literally wherever she goes.

 

“I’m just...not used to it. Y’know it feels creepy that they follow me wherever I go”, she whispers even softer so the men couldn’t hear her.

 

“They’re harmless, don’t worry. Those are my best men. And they know exactly what would happen to them if something bad ever happens to you under their watch.”

 

“Yah, Jen!”

 

“What? Your safety is my best priority now. I need to protect you at all cost.”

 

Chaeyoung could feel her face heating up at that. She swears she could never get used to Jennie’s sweetness.

 

“Such a sweet tongue you have there”, she playfully makes a clicking sound.

 

The brunette pauses on the other line, before answering, “Was...my tongue really sweet, Chaeyoung?”

 

“I—”

 

Jennie bubbles in a laugh, and Chaeyoung wanted to smack the girl’s head so bad. Her mind wanders back to that night where they had their first kiss, and she could feel her face flustered again. That was a few days ago, but whenever she thinks about it, she could still feel that tingling sensation on her lips.

 

“I swear I’ll pluck all your small teeth out when I see you, Jennie Kim!”

 

“Woah there tiger”, the brunette lets out one last chuckle, “I was kidding, love.”

 

That shut Chaeyoung up, and she purses her lips to stop a small squeal from coming out. She bets on her life, these three bodyguards behind her are starting to get weirded out by her expression changes.

 

“Are you on your class yet?”, Jennie asks when she didn’t respond.

 

“Um, yes. I’m here now.”

 

“Okay, good. Take care and I’ll see you later.”

 

The call ended and Chaeyoung turns to her bodyguards not really knowing what to say.

 

“We’ll wait outside your room, Lady Chaeyoung”, one bodyguard told her.

 

She raises a brow at the courtesy, “What, Lady? No no, I’m not—”

 

“Lady Jennie told us to call you with Lady”, the other bodyguard cut her off, “Because she said she’s gonna marry you someday.”

 

This time, Chaeyoung made no effort in hiding her smile anymore. That midget. She really knows the way to Chaeyoung’s heart.

 

She just nodded and thanked the bodyguards, before entering her room. The twins look like they’re already waiting for her, worry flashed in their eyes.

 

“Chaeng! We heard what happened. Are you okay?”, Yin asked the moment she was seated.

 

“I’m okay now. Thankfully, I was rescued just in time”, she offers a soft but sad smile.

 

“We only heard about the kidnapping thing. But what really happened?”, Yang cranes her neck a little to join the conversation.

 

Chaeyoung heaves out a sigh as she prepares herself for another long explanation.

 

“That little devil. She deserves the expulsion. Heck, she must be jailed”, Yin commented right after she told them the whole story.

 

“Her family’s pretty influencial, there’s no way she’d stay in jail”, Chaeyoung answered, “And besides, nothing serious happened to me, so.”

 

“Seriously, Chaeng? You’re too good”, the guy shakes his head at her.

 

She could only shrug her shoulders when their professor came, and Yin gave her a soft pat on the back as the class starts.

 

~•~

 

One and a half hour into the discussion, Chaeyoung could feel herself dozing off. She poured all her energy into last week’s exams, so her mind couldn’t digest what the professor was teaching at the moment.

 

She grabs her pen and decided to just jot down some notes, when a knock was heard from the door of their lecture room. Their prof excused himself and went to answer the door. Chaeyoung had no plan to give it any attention, if not for the sudden squeals of her retarded classmates.

 

She looks up to see what the cause of the ruckus is, and she almost automatically straightened her seat upon seeing Jennie...no not only Jennie...Blackpink, standing by the door like campus gangstas.

 

“L-Lady Jennie...what brings you here?”, their prof asks nervously.

 

It’s funny how the strict professors become stuttering mess whenever Blackpink is around.

 

“Can I borrow Roseanne Park for a while?”, Jennie answered before turning at her direction, flashing her a quick smile.

 

“Oh, sure sure!”, the prof snapped his head to Chaeyoung, “Miss Park, Lady Jennie wants to talk to you.”

 

‘What does this midget want now’, she thought.

 

Chaeyoung slowly gets up from her seat, and tries to ignore the knowing stares that her classmates’ are giving. She flashes an awkward smile before sprinting to the door.

 

“Yo, Rosie mah friend!”

 

Jisoo immediately jumps on her soon as she closes the door behind.

 

“Yah, why are you all here?”, she asks while trying to dodge Jisoo with her elbow, “Lisa, please collect your friend.”

 

The tall blonde pulled Jisoo away with a straight face. These weirdos. Why are they popular again?

 

“Chaeng”, Jennie calls her, before pointing at something behind her back, “She wants to talk to you.”

 

Chaeyoung turns around and was a little surprised upon seeing Seulgi. The girl was fiddling with her hands as if she was nervous or something.

 

“Hey, Seul. You wanted to talk to me?”, she approaches the girl.

 

“Hey, Chaeng. Yeah, um, I couldn’t find you so I went to them instead”, Seulgi then pointed at the three girls, “Seriously, you should give me your number too so I won’t have to roam around the school just to find you.”

 

They shared a laugh.

 

“Sorry for that. I’ll give you my number, of course. But what is that you wanted to talk about first?”

 

Chaeyoung notices how the girl gulps before starting to talk.

 

“Well, you might already know that Irene bailed her way out of jail?”, she nodded and lets Seulgi continue, “And I know you already filed a case against her. Well, she deserves it ‘cos she really commited a crime. But...Chaeng?”

 

“Hm?”, Chaeyoung was listening intently.

 

“Would it be too much if I ask you to drop the case?”

 

Right after saying that, Jennie literally marched towards them looking like she’s so ready to put up a fight.

 

“What?? What do you mean drop the case? Chaeyoung got hurt because of the girl. Do you know how serious kidnapping is? And you’re telling us to just drop the case?”, Jennie blurted, evidently mad.

 

Chaeyoung had to hold the brunette’s arm and hand to calm her, “Hey, Jen. Calm down. Let’s hear her out first.”

 

Jennie turns to her, and whatever magic Chaeyoung’s eyes do to the girl, it sure made her calm down a little.

 

“Uh...”, Seulgi speaks again, “I know it’s unforgivable, Chaeng. But if you could, I’m asking for a second chance...for Irene. She’s...she’s too young to go to jail. And I believe she can still change. Just, please give her a chance.”

 

Chaeyoung’s braincells felt like popping out at Seulgi’s request. She actually understands where the girl is coming from, and if Irene would apologize to her now, she knows she would forgive her without a doubt. She just can’t hold a grudge on someone for too long.

 

But Jennie’s face was far from forgiving. And Seulgi knows that. So she turns to the brunette in attempt to convince her.

 

“If...if Irene ever hurt Chaeyoung again, it’ll be my responsibility”, the girl commits, “You can have my head. You can do anything to me. Because I promise I won’t let her do anything stupid again. Please, trust this one on me. I’m...I’m begging you...”

 

“Seul...”

 

“Please give Irene another chance.”

 

Chaeyoung heaves out a deep sigh. The girl didn’t need to beg. She can forgive even before the apology is told.

 

“Seul, I understand you. I really do. And I’m not really planning to make this even bigger. Nothing serious happened to me, so of course, I can give her a second chance.”

 

Jennie turns back to her and was about to object, but she beat her to it, “Jen, it’s okay. I’m fine with it. People make mistakes. If we won’t give them a chance, how can they correct them?”

 

The brunette ponders for a moment before finally nodding, “You’re too good, Chaeng. People don’t deserve you.”

 

“I’m just being reasonable”, Chaeyoung smiles.

 

Jennie turns to Seulgi again, “I’ll hold on to your word. If Irene Bae ever gets near Chaeyoung again, I swear—”

 

Seulgi gulps in fear, and Chaeyoung lightly hits the brunette’s arm for that.

 

“Seriously, Seul, it’s alright now”, she told her, “Just...just please help her heal? I know she’s not okay. So please help her.”

 

Seulgi nodded, a smile slowly making its way to her face, “Thank you, Chaeng! Really, thank you. You’re such a good soul. You deserve all the best in the world.”

 

They shared a smile, and Seulgi was about to bid them goodbye after saying thousands of ‘thank you’, when Chaeyoung asks her one last time.

 

“Seul? Why did you do this, by the way?”, out of curiosity and concern, she asks, “What are you planning?”

 

Seulgi just smiles at her, a warm one this time, “I’ll win her back.”

 

Then the girl waves them goodbye, and sprinted away.

 

“That was...romantic”, Chaeyoung said to no one.

 

“You’re an angel, y’know?”, Jennie spoke beside her.

 

She tips her head to look at the brunette, “I told you I’m just being reasonable.”

 

“Still...an angel. Did it hurt, though?”

 

“Hurt? Wha—”

 

“When you fell down from heaven?”

 

Chaeyoung had to hit the girl’s arm while chuckling.

 

“I told you to spare me with your pick up lines!”

 

“Why, they’re cheesy. And they make you go all red.”

 

“Ehem—”

 

A fake coughing sound was heard from behind, and they both turned around to see Lisoo now eating popcorn.

 

“I— when did you get a popcorn?”, Chaeyoung blinks at them.

 

“Since we started watching you get all cheesy.”

 

“I...”

 

“Don’t worry, we’ll now leave you alone so you could start making babies. Ciao!”

 

Jisoo waved and pulled Lisa with her to god-knows-where, and left.

 

“So...um, should we—”

 

“You really want me to pluck your teeth out??”

 

Jennie laughs, “I’m kidding!”

 

Chaeyoung huffs, before stepping away from the brunette, “Go now. I still have class to finish.”

 

“Just skip it.”

 

“Jennie Kim!”

 

“Kidding again!”

 

Chaeyoung sticks her tongue out at the girl before walking to the door, “I’ll go back inside now.”

 

“Hey, your class ends at 3pm right? Your bodyguards will send you home so you could change. Then they’ll take you somewhere after”, Jennie told her.

 

“What where?”

 

“It’s a secret. Wear something comfortable and warm.”

 

“Tell me wheeere!”

 

Jennie curls her lips in a cheeky smile and answered, “I’m going to take my girlfriend out on a date.”

 

 

~•~

 

Okay wow, first of all I’d just like to thank you guys for your support. I remember when I started this story, this barely has views. But now we’re at almost 50k reads and 3k votes, omg! And I’ve been reading all your comments and I’m loving them. Again, thank you so much for supporting the story, and I’ll work even better with the updates 🙏

 

P.S. I know I’ve already dropped my twt account here before, but dumb dumb me forgot about that account, so I’ll drop it again so we could be mutuals. I’ll try to be active from now on heh 👉🏻 @/lipfeatjennie_ ❤️