18th

Falling All In You

The two girls spent some more minutes just talking, until the sky started getting dark, and they decided to call it a day. Jennie sent Chaeyoung home, of course, still riding her pink scooter. They surely had a good time together, though Chaeyoung doesn't know why even before going to sleep, she can still feel that very persistent warmth on her cheeks.

 

~•~

 

It's school day again, and Chaeyoung's currently sitting on her English class with the twins. The lecture ended minutes ago, but their professor instructed them to stay for a while as there's still something he needs to announce.

 

"Listen, class. I'm sure you're all aware that midterm exams will take place next month", the teacher started, "But before that, the faculty decided to conduct a little extracurricular to loosen you up."

 

A series of 'oohhs' were heard, before the professor continued what he was saying.

 

"Sooo...this coming saturday, we will be having Crossford's annual autumn camp."

 

The students just nodded, pretty relaxed. They're not hyped, but not bored either. Just cool with it.

 

An autumn camp? Chaeyoung thought. She's heard of summer camps before, but not autumn camp. She thought it's ideal for a camp to be held in the woods where the trees are full and green. Nonetheless, autumn leaves falling everywhere will still be a beautiful scenery.

 

"Just like the usual, there will be four locations depending on year level. The location for each year level is already posted on our campus' portal so just check it out", he continued, "Also note that this is not mandatory, but we encourage you to join for fun and experience. Your enjoyment is also important to us."

 

The students just nodded again.

 

"Registration starts today, so if you're already decided, just log in to our campus' portal and register yourself for the camp. And more importantly, prepare your camping gear now 'cos we'll surely have a blast!"

 

The professor actually looks more excited than they are, so Chaeyoung couldn't help but cackle a little at that. They were then dismissed right after the announcement, and she walks down the hallway with the twins to go to their next class.

 

"Are you two going to the camp?" she asks the two guys walking on both of her sides, looking like her bodyguards.

 

"Yeah, I mean, we weren't able to go last year, so I think it wouldn't hurt if we try", Yin answered.

 

"How about you, Chaeng?" Yang asked her.

 

"Well, if you two are going, then I'll join too. It sounds promising, and it'll be quite an experience for me", she replied with a smile.

 

"Haven't you ever gone to a camp?"

 

"I haven't. I told you my life only revolves around music and dumplings, so", she chuckles at her own remark.

 

"Then, we should all really go. I hate to admit but I'm kind of excited already", Yang said cheekily.

 

"When are you not enthusiastic about something?" Yin teased his twin.

 

"I said excited, not enthusiastic!"

 

"It's the same thing."

 

"I— no, it's not—"

 

Their little banter was cut off as they approached a huge group of students crowding at the foot of the staircase, staring up at the second floor with stars in their eyes.

 

Chaeyoung lifted her head, and her brows immediately creased upon seeing Blackpink standing before the railings of the second floor, looking like politicians who are taking their oath.

 

What are those monkeys up to again?

 

Jennie immediately noticed her and gave her that signature gummy smile that's calling for a punch, before tossing her a wink.

 

The fudge was that?

 

"So, people", she averted her eyes when she heard Jisoo spoke, "We'd just like to announce that me, Lisa, and Jennie...are going to the autumn camp."

 

The crowd cheered like there's no tomorrow.

 

"Yes, you heard that right", Jisoo spoke again once the cheer died down a little, "Blackpink is going to the camp, and we're going with the sophomores."

 

Chaeyoung was taken aback, and turns to the twins, "What? Aren't they on their third year already?"

 

The two guys just shrugged simultaneously before turning back at the famous trio.

 

"So, you better gear up, and see you all there", Jisoo finished before dramatically whipping her purple hair like the diva that she is, fueling the crowd even more.

 

Chaeyoung swears she caught a glimpse of Jennie waving at her while smiling, before the trio went off to god-knows-where.

 

"It's because of you, isn't it?" Yin suddenly asked beside her.

 

"What?"

 

"We heard Blackpink never attends the camp. That's given, since those girls have superiority complex or something. So, why would they go now? More specifically, why would they go with the sophomores?" Yin was squinting his already squinted eyes.

 

"I— what does it have to do with me?" she defended, though she kind of knows why.

 

"I saw Jennie smiling at you."

 

"She just likes to annoy me."

 

"Oh come on, Chaeng. We noticed how Jennie looks at you the past few days. That girl won't even spare a single glance on anyone here, yet she looks at you like she's looking at the stars", Yin argued.

 

Chaeyoung got slightly confused at that, "What does that even mean?"

 

The twins just had to facepalm.

 

"Little Chaengie, just how dense can you be?" Yang shakes his head, "That means she's interested in you."

 

Her eyes went animatedly big, "What interested?? Jennie Kim? Interested in me? It's like saying that turtles can fly!"

 

The two boys shared a sigh before simultaneously shaking their heads.

 

"Listen, Chaeng. I don't know what's with Jennie. Or if she's up to something. But just like what we always tell you, be careful and don't let your guard down."

 

The seriousness in Yin's voice baffled Chaeyoung more. Firstly, she's proven many times that Jennie's harmless now, so there's actually nothing to be careful about. And secondly, there's no way Jennie Kim is interested in her. Like, no freaking way. That girl just likes to annoy her, that's all.

 

She just shrugs and pushed the thoughts to the back of her mind as they continued to head to their next class.

 

~•~

 

After several hours, Chaeyoung's three classes for the day ended like that. She and the twins parted ways, and she went straight to the parking area to get her scooter. As she approaches it though, she noticed a figure leaning casually against the seat of her scooter while scrolling on their phone.

 

Chaeyoung stealthily ducked and hid behind some cars before carefully approaching the person from the back.

 

"Why are you here?" she asked in a low voice.

 

Jennie jumps from the seat and turns to her while clutching her chest almost dramatically.

 

"Jesus, you scared me to death, Chaeyoung", the brunette blurted.

 

"I didn't know you're a jumpy cat", Chaeyoung teased before chuckling, "Why are you here, though?"

 

Jennie cleared , trying to regain her composure, "I just thought you might want to see me."

 

"The heck?"

 

The brunette laughed, "I was kidding."

 

"You're not good at jokes, then."

 

"Yeah? Then teach me how to joke."

 

"Oh, you wanna hear a joke?" Chaeyoung ponders, "Hmm...you're tall."

 

"I—"

 

Chaeyoung laughs at her own comeback before patting the pouting Jennie.

 

"There there, now that's how you toss a joke."

 

"That's not a joke. That's the truth", Jennie crosses her arms.

 

"I— you really believe you're tall?"

 

The brunette nodded, and Chaeyoung laughs even more.

 

"You're such a cute small bean."

 

Both of them were taken aback at the remark. Chaeyoung pursed her lips while looking at the other girl who now has a sly smirk on her lips.

 

"Aha! So you think I'm cute, huh?" Jennie teased cheekily.

 

Chaeyoung shakes her head frantically, "Nah, I picked the wrong word. It should've been 'annoying'. Yeah, such an annoying small bean."

 

"Sure, Chaeng. Sure", Jennie chuckles.

 

"Anywaaay, why are you here?"

 

"Oh, right. I have something to show you."

 

Jennie, then, lifted the portfolio that she was holding. She flips through a certain page, before showing it to the tall blonde.

 

"That's only a sample draft. We'll be needing your permission to be able to publish it."

 

Chaeyoung was utterly surprised. What the brunetted handed her was a sample magazine, where her pictures from the Chanel pictorial, were printed. That was when Jennie took her to Chanel building to model.

 

"So it wasn't a prank?" Chaeyoung lifted her eyes to meet the brunette's, "I really did model for Chanel??"

 

"All this time, you thought it was a prank? I told you I'm casting new models."

 

"But...this...will this get to the public?"

 

"Only if you approve it. I won't let it be published if you're not comfortable."

 

Chaeyoung turns back to the magazine with hesitation, and Jennie noticed it.

 

"I guess you don't like it?" 

 

The blonde waves a hand, "No no, it's not that I don't like it. It's every girl's dream to model for Chanel. But it's just not my thing, you know? I'm too shy for the world."

 

Jennie just smiles when the taller girl hands the magazine back, "I understand. Great shots, though."

 

Chaeyoung reciprocated the smile with an apologetic one, "Maybe next time? When I'm confident enough?"

 

"Sure, Chaeyoung. Just call my scouting agency."

 

Chaeyoung gently slaps Jennie's shoulder and they both shared a natural laugh.

 

"By the way, are you going to the camp?" the brunette changed the topic.

 

"Yeah, I guess so. It'll be my first time so I'd like to go."

 

"Good to hear. We're going, too."

 

Chaeyoung huffs in sarcasm, "As if Jisoo didn't announce to the whole school that you're going."

 

"She's just excited. It'll be our first time, too."

 

"So you really don't usually go?"

 

"Nope. We don't like mingling with others."

 

"Then why go now?"

 

Chaeyoung didn’t know why she asked that, but she remembered what Yin said and it’s bugging her curiosity.

 

Jennie just smiles knowingly, "We just...want to."

 

"Eh?"

 

"Hey, since it's still pretty early, why don't we go shopping for camping stuff?" the smaller girl suddenly suggested.

 

Queen of changing the topic huh.

 

"What? Right now?"

 

"Uh, yeah?"

 

Chaeyoung pursed her lips, “But I don’t have budget for that. And I still have homework to do, so I think I’ll pass.”

 

Jennie nodded, but Chaeyoung caught a glint of something in the girl’s eyes.

 

“Alright, then.”

 

“Eh? That’s it? You’re not gonna drag me or anything?”

 

Jennie had to laugh, “Is that really the image I’m portraying now?”

 

The blonde mimics her expression, “I’m just surprised. You’re usually persistent.”

 

“I just don’t want to be the one responsible if you fail your homework.”

 

“Hah. I should use that everytime you try to drag me somewhere, then.”

 

Jennie didn’t retaliate, and the two just shared a smile.

 

“I should go now”, the brunette said and took a casual step backward, “Take care, yeah?”

 

“Hm. You too.”

 

Jennie waves a hand before turning to walk away, “Oh by the way”, she turns back, “Can I have at least a personal copy of this?” she lifts the magazine that she’s holding.

 

Chaeyoung arches a brow, “What for?”

 

“I don’t know, I just want to have a copy of this art”, the brunette was now smiling toothily.

 

“I— you’re so annoying.”

 

“And you’re pretty when you’re annoyed.”

 

That shut Chaeyoung up, and just watches as the brunette walks away. She knew Jennie Kim will be the death of her.

 

~•~

 

Later that evening, just as Chaeyoung finished all her homework and was about to prepare for bed, their front doorbell rang.

 

“Chaeng, can you answer the door please?” her mom shouted from the kitchen.

 

“Yes, mom!”

 

So she went to their front door, opens it, and was surprised to see butler Jung smiling at the doorstep.

 

“Butler Jung? What are you doing here?” she asked, “I mean, at this hour?”

 

“Sorry to disturb you at this time of the night, Miss Park. But Lady Jennie told me to bring these to you”, the butler said before handing her a couple of paper bags with the brand names printed on them.

 

“W-What are these?” she hesitantly took each paper bag from the man.

 

“She said you’ll be needing those camping stuff for saturday. She personally bought them earlier after her class.”

 

Chaeyoung was now beyond surprised. She didn’t think Jennie would ever do this for her.

 

“Love really makes the world go round”, butler Jung said with a teasing smile, “I’ll be going now, Miss Park. Chaennie fighting!”

 

In a different situation, Chaeyoung would’ve smacked the heck out of the nosy butler, but she just found herself shaking her head while smiling to nothing.

 

Thinking of a certain small brunette.