19th

Falling All In You

Chaeyoung slumped herself on her bed as she fiddles with her phone, slightly bothered. She’s been trying to dial a certain number for half an hour now, but she doesn’t know why she just can’t seem to do it.

 

“Come on, Chaeng. Just thank her, then hang up. Easy!” she scolded herself.

 

She opened her phone once more, scrolled through a certain number, and made sure to press the call button this time.

 

“Hey”, the person on the other line answered after a few rings.

 

“Um...hi- are you sleeping already? Did I wake you?” Chaeyoung asked.

 

“Nope. Not really. I’m still browsing”, Jennie replied, “Um, have you received the items?”

 

“Well, yes. That’s actually the reason why I called”, she started, “Jen, you know you don’t have to—”

 

“But I want to”, the brunette cut her off, “Just...think of it as a gift. For taking care of me when I was drunk and sick.”

 

Chaeyoung bit on her bottom lip, “It’s too much, though. They were hella expensive.”

 

“That’s not even enough. You deserve so much more. Heck, you even deserve the world”, Jennie whispered the last sentence, but Chaeyoung got to hear it a little.

 

“I— what?”

 

“Oh, look, it’s pretty late already. I still have skin cells to grow. Goodnight yeah, Chaeyoung?”

 

“Jennie Kim, don’t you dare hang up on me. What did you just say?”

 

“What did I say? Um...about my skin cells?”

 

“No. Before that.”

 

“Um...that it’s pretty late already?”

 

“I swear if you don’t stop messing with me—”

 

“I said you deserve the world.”

 

Both of them fell silent for a moment, too shy to even breathe.

 

“Um...I think I’m gonna go to sleep now.”

 

“Yeah, me too. Goodnight, then?”

 

“Hm. Good night. And um...thank you for the camping stuff.”

 

“Anything for you.”

 

They both hang up that night and clutched on their phones with reddened cheeks looking like lovestruck fools.

 

~•~

 

“I think that's really sweet", Joy commented while reaching for another popcorn from the bucket, "I mean, to think that she personally went to buy the stuff when she could've just sent a butler to do it."

 

"Hep! Let's not forget that we're talking about the same girl who made her first few weeks in Crossford a living hell", Wendy rebutted while leaning against the counter of Vinyl Collection.

 

"It's all in the past now, Wen. People change, y'know? And she's proved to Chaeyoung that she's really sincere in being her friend."

 

"How can you be so sure?"

 

"I just know. I'm awesome like that."

 

Wendy reaches for a piece of popcorn and playfully tossed it to the taller girl.

 

"Ya! I do all the cleaning here!"

 

Chaeyoung shakes her head at her friends. Wendy texted her that Wednesday afternoon, and asked her to hangout at Joy's shop after school. Her classes ended pretty early so she went straight there, and was immediately cornered with questions from the two. Chaeyoung's not one to hide stuff from her friends so she told them everything that's happening on her Crossford life with Blackpink.

 

"Seriously though, not being biased or anything, but I think Jennie's changed", Joy commented again.

 

"You're totally being biased right now, Park Sooyoung. You're her fan", Wendy pointed out.

 

"Well...yeah, but that aside, based on what Chaeyoung told us, the girl had some pretty good developments since they first met", Joy turned to Chaeyoung, "Right, Chaeng?"

 

The tall blonde meekly nodded, "Hm. She's been really nice to me. And she's been smiling at me a lot."

 

"And she's been thoughtful enough to send your scooter home whenever you can't", Joy added, "And she's been following you around saying she wanted to hangout with you, when she could've just went to hangout with her elite friends."

 

Chaeyoung raises a brow, "And what are you trying to imply?"

 

The slim girl shrugs and smirks, "I don't know, but I bet on my life that she likes you."

 

Good thing Chaeyoung's not drinking right now, or else she would've spat it out of shock.

 

"She what??"

 

"She likes you."

 

"And what made you think of that?" Chaeyoung presses both of her hands against the counter, ready to fight her friend.

 

"Oh come on, Chaeng. Isn't it too obvious? Why would someone waste a considerable amount of time on someone, if she's not interested on her?" Joy was playfully tapping her forehead.

 

"Are you even sure about that, Park Sooyoung?" Wendy butted in.

 

"I'm sure as hell! My radar has never failed me even once."

 

"Maybe she's just really being friendly now? Afterall, she told me she'll make it up to me", Chaeyoung was trying to reason out.

 

"I saw how she looks at you, Chaeng", Joy said, "And I'm telling you that's not how someone looks at her friend."

 

Chaeyoung fell silent and pondered. She has thought about this before, but never really entertain the idea because it seemed impossible. First of all, how and why would Jennie like her? That girl is South Korea's richest heiress. Of all people that she'll like, why must it be her? Park Chaeyoung the shabby dumpling girl. That's totally impossible.

 

But then, Jennie's actions make her think twice. The way the girl teases her, the way she looks at her, the way she smiles at her. Chaeyoung may be dense and dumb, but she's certainly not numb. She knows there's something. 

 

Or maybe she's just imagining things?

 

"Okay, let's assume that Jennie likes Chaeyoung", Wendy spoke again then turned to her, "But the question is...Does Chaeyoung like Jennie?"

 

Does Chaeyoung like Jennie? The question echoed through her mind that it caught her off-guard.

 

She was brought back to when she first encountered Blackpink. That arrogant self-centered woman who loves to bully people for personal satisfaction. But then she was also brought back to when Jennie first helped her with her practical exam. 

 

To Jennie’s expression when she first tasted their dumplings. 

 

To when she first saw Jennie’s angelic sleeping face.

 

To the fragility of the girl when she opened up to her about her mom.

 

Chaeyoung was brought back to when she first saw Jennie’s gummy smile, Jennie’s teasing smirk whenever she’s bugging her, to when the girl first enveloped her into a hug.

 

So many thoughts flooded Chaeyoung, yet she couldn’t bring herself to answer Wendy’s question.

 

“I...don’t know”, she replied out of confusion.

 

Joy and Wendy looked at each other knowingly. One was shaking her head, while the other was smirking in victory. But both were thinking of the same thing:

 

The fact that Chaeyoung didn’t deny the question means something.

 

~•~

 

It’s Thursday afternoon, and Chaeyoung’s last class just ended. She bid goodbye to the twins and was planning to head straight home as she’s yet to prepare her things for the camping on Saturday.

 

She slung her bag on her shoulder and started walking through the corridor, when her phone beeps, indicating an incoming message. She opens it, and her brows immediately creased upon reading the message.

 

From: Jennie

Hey, are you free right now? If you are, drop by the center stage. I have something for you.

 

What is this small person up to again? She was about to reply, but realized that the center stage is actually near her location right now. So with curious steps, she made her way to the center stage.

 

The area was already crowded with squealing students when she reached it. But Chaeyoung didn’t bother minding them when she saw Jennie on the very stage of their campus, sitting on a stool and holding a...guitar.

 

The brunette seemed to be looking for someone in the crowd, and immediately smiled upon finally seeing her. They held their gaze for a couple minutes, before Jennie leant closer to the mic infront of her, and started strumming her guitar.

 

“You don't know, babe;

When you hold me;

And hug me slowly;

It's the sweetest thing.”

 

Jennie started singing, and Chaeyoung couldn’t believe her ears and eyes. The girl’s actually doing this...for her.

 

“And it don't change;

If I had it my way;

You would know that you are.”

 

But she doesn’t know why. Why Jennie’s doing this. Why Jennie’s doing this for her.

 

“You're the coffee that I need in the morning;

You're my sunshine in the rain when it's pouring;

Won't you give yourself to me

Give it all, oh.”

 

Most importantly, why after five long years, Jennie’s now here, doing something she used to loved. Jennie’s doing music...again.

 

“I just wanna see;

I just wanna see how beautiful you are;

You know that I see it;

I know you're a star;

Where you go I follow;

No matter how far;

If life is a movie;

Oh you're the best part, oh oh oh;

You're the best part, oh oh oh...”

 

Strumming the last chord, Jennie’s eyes fell on her, and never in her life has she been mesmerized by a mere smile.

 

“Best Part.”

 

And Chaeyoung was once again brought back to Wendy’s question yesterday.

 

Does she like Jennie?

 

~•~

Hey guys! Just wanna thank you for the support as always. And please be safe and take good care of yourselves. Love you all!