29th

Falling All In You

The exams week came, and Chaeyoung got even busier. They have no classes aside from the exams, but she was spending her free time studying. The girl was really passionate about getting good grades in Crossford so she's been working extra hard.

 

"Damn, Chaeng. Are you already studying for finals?", Yin blurted beside Chaeyoung, "I swear you've read all the books from cover to cover."

 

It's the second day of the exams week, and they're currently reviewing for their next exam inside the library. Yang ended up sleeping hours ago, while Yin was watching/judging Chaeyoung as he lazily flips through the book he was holding.

 

"You're exaggerating", Chaeyoung chuckles, not taking her eyes off of the book.

 

"Now, I'm the one who's exaggerating??", Yin exclaimed almost dramatically, earning a shush from the librarian.

 

"Yah, we're in the library!", she scolds her friend.

 

Yin fixes his seat before whispering, "I swear I'd burn the school if you don't get straight A's this semester."

 

Chaeyoung playfully rolls her eyes before chuckling, "You're too young to go to jail, what are you saying."

 

"Really, though. You're such a hard worker", Yin then points to his sleeping brother, "Unlike this bastard."

 

"Let the boy sleep. He said he studied all night, didn't he?"

 

"Study, my . I heard him playing video games until midnight."

 

"Maybe he studied while playing video games?"

 

Yin just looked at her in disbelief, before they continue reviewing their books.

 

Chaeyoung was getting too engrossed on a topic, when she felt a presence on her right side. Then a voice softly called her name.

 

"Chaeyoung?"

 

She places her book down, and looks up at the owner of the voice.

 

"Seulgi? Hey!", Chaeyoung cracks into a smile and stood up to greet the girl.

 

"Hey", Seulgi greets back and reciprocates the gesture.

 

"It's been a while. How've you been?", Chaeyoung asks in enthusiasm.

 

"Well, I've been good. Thanks for asking."

 

"Are you also studying in the library?"

 

"Um...no, actually", Seulgi bites on her lip, "I, um...heard that you're with Jennie now?"

 

Chaeyoung's face flushed red at that, "I— well, um...how do I say this...It just happened, I guess?"

 

Seulgi nodded, "Look, as much as I really am curious about how it happened, and as much as I want to ask you more about it...but I have a more important concern. This is really important. That's why I came here to talk to you."

 

Chaeyoung slightly creases her forehead, "Oh, talk about what?"

 

Seulgi fiddles with her fingers while looking at the blonde. She was nervous and bothered, and she honestly doesn't know where to start, but she knows she has to talk to Chaeyoung. She needs to warn the girl.

 

"Um...we need to talk about I—"

 

Seulgi's words were cut off when the bell rang, indicating the end of Chaeyoung's break.

 

"Seul, I'm really sorry but we have to go now. Our next exam will start in a minute", Chaeyoung apologizes while fixing her things.

 

Yin, and Yang, who was already awake, started fixing their things as well.

 

"B-But..."

 

"Let's talk after the exams?", Chaeyoung slung her bag on her shoulder and fishes out her phone, "I'll text you. Key in your number here."

 

She then passes her phone to the bothered girl, who took it hesitantly but typed her number anyway.

 

"Thanks! I'll text you, okay?", Chaeyoung assures after Seulgi handed her phone back, "See you around, Seul! Bye!"

 

Chaeyoung waved goodbye, before leaving the library with the twins in haste.

 

Seulgi could only watch as the girl disappears. She feels even more nervous now. She needs to warn Chaeyoung. She doesn't know what will happen if she doesn't warn the girl.

 

Damn.

 

~•~

 

Chaeyoung's Literature exam just ended, and she only got a few minutes to study before their next exam starts. So they just stayed inside their lecture room, and wasted no time reviewing.

 

She was getting engrossed in a topic again, when her phone suddenly beeps. She takes it out and reads the message.

 

From: small teeth <3

 

Look out the window.

 

Chaeyoung raises a brow at the message, but nonetheless turned to look at the window.

 

Her confused look was replaced with a smile upon seeing her favorite small person outside their room, holding a large bouquet of red roses.

 

That's also when she realized all her classmates' eyes were on her again. Some were envious, some were mad. But she could care less about them now.

 

She stood up and steps out of the room and literally sprinted towards the grinning brunette. She lightly pushed her to the direction where her classmates could not see them.

 

"Hey", Jennie started.

 

"Hey you. What are you doing here?", Chaeyoung was trying to act tough, but her smile was failing her.

 

"Just wanted to give you these", Jennie smiles softly before handing her the flowers, "You know, for goodluck."

 

Chaeyoung takes them with a pout, "They were all looking at me intensely, you know?"

 

The brunette chuckles, "Don't mind them. They couldn't do anything, anyway."

 

Chaeyoung glances at the fresh roses in her arms and finally lets her smile out, "Thank you, you hopeless romantic."

 

"Roses remind me so much of you, you know?”

 

"Why? Because I'm Rosie?", Chaeyoung tilts her head in question.

 

"That, and because they're beautiful like you."

 

The tall blonde purses her lips to prevent her smile, before lightly hitting the brunette on the shoulder, “That was way too cringy!”

 

“I was just stating a fact!”

 

“Nope! Liar.”

 

Jennie laughs and teases the girl in a sing-song tone, “You’re beautiful. You’re beautiful, it’s truuue.”

 

“Shut uuup!”

 

Chaeyoung was trying hard to put on a face, and Jennie finds it adorable so she continues her song.

 

“I saw your face...in a crowded place”, the brunette steps closer.

 

By this time, the tall blonde couldn’t hold her smile anymore, and Jennie thought the girl’s smile was the prettiest she has ever seen. It is definitely her favorite smile now.

 

Whenever she looks at Chaeyoung, all she sees is sunshine. Right, that’s what Chaeyoung is to her. She’s her sunshine.

 

“And I don’t know what to do”, Jennie continues singing while pulling the tall girl closer by her waist.

 

She remembers what Jisoo told her the other week, and thought that maybe she needs to take her chance now. Enough of ‘what ifs’. Come what may.

 

She needs to ask Chaeyoung to be her girlfriend...now.

 

Jennie locks her eyes with the girl, and finishes the song with a changed lyrics, “Cos I want to be with you.”

 

Chaeyoung was blinking rapidly because of the proximity, and because of her now pounding chest. She was still hugging the huge bouquet in her arms while she was locked in the brunette’s hold. Imagine how awkward that was.

 

“Can I ask you something crazy?”, Jennie muttered, and clears an invisible lump in .

 

“Hm?”

 

‘This is it’, Jennie thinks. It’s now or never.

 

“Chaeyoung, will—”

 

Jennie was painfully interrupted by the loud ringing of the school bell, indicating the start of Chaeyoung’s next exam.

 

“Uh, our exam will start now. Sorry, I’ll talk to you later?”, Chaeyoung smiles apologetically before starting to step back.

 

“I— but....”

 

“I’ll text you after the exam! Thank you again for the flowers!”

 

Chaeyoung waves at her using her free hand, before sprinting back inside their lecture room, leaving a dejected Jennie.

 

The brunette heaves out a sigh, and mutters a quiet, ‘Maybe next time’, to herself, and took one last glance at Chaeyoung’s room, before walking away with slumped shoulders.

 

‘Talk about wrong timing. Damn school bell’, she puffed her cheeks, and left.

 

Little did they know that someone was watching them from a short distance. Someone whose eyes are burning with envy and fury upon seeing their sweetness.

 

Someone named Irene Bae.

 

 

~•~

 

How you like that? 😏