8th

Falling All In You

"It has been days", Chaeyoung noticed.

 

It has been days since her last encounter with Jennie. After she pulled that water hose prank, she never saw the brunette again. No more acts, no more showering of anything, and her desk isn't missing anymore.

 

Weird. She was thinking that Jennie might have given up already. But that's quite far from the girl's personality. Or maybe Chaeyoung went too far with that water hose prank and Jennie got emotionally hurt? But that's impossible as well because Jennie Kim has no emotions.

 

Nevertheless, Chaeyoung was thankful that her everyday struggle was finally over.

 

"It's good to truly breathe again", she told the twins as they were fixing their things and just waiting for the dismissal bell to ring.

 

They're on their last subject for the day and their professor spent the last few minutes typing 'important matters' on his MacBook.

 

"Is it really over? I mean, they already stopped pestering you?" Yang asked her.

 

Chaeyoung just nodded, "Hm, it has been days and everything's normal for me. No more students who were waiting for my arrival just to shower me with condiments", she chuckled.

 

"Well that's...surprising. As far as I know, Jennie Kim never stops until she gets what she wants."

 

"Maybe I went too far with the revenge thingy?" she asked worriedly.

 

Yin snickers, "Oh please, Jennie won't be fazed by that. Girl has no heart, so if you're thinking you might have hurt her, scratch that thought. She's pure evil."

 

Yang bursts in laughter, "Very well said, Blackpink's number one hater."

 

That earned a soft smack from his twin and they engaged in a childish wrestle. But Chaeyoung noticed something in the twins' expression. Yin's mood was like the first time she asked him about Blackpink. He was kind of annoyed? And Yang's knowing grin surely means something.

 

"Seriously though, maybe Jennie thought you're really not backing out whatever she does, so she just stopped and finally left you alone", Yang commented once their little banter was done.

 

"I hope so", she simply answered with a small smile.

 

She really hopes it's over now. She honestly doesn't know if she could still stand it should Jennie continue to pester her life.

 

"Eherm, Class", their professor closed his laptop and stood up.

 

That called the attention of the students who immediately turned to him all ears.

 

"I just want to announce that next week will be your first practical examination for this semester. So I'm expecting all of you to prepare an individual performance originally arranged by yourselves."

 

The students went excited.

 

"The full details will be posted on your class' page on the campus portal. That's it for now. Class dismissed."

 

Chaeyoung was beyond excited. If there's something she wants to do for the rest of her life, that is to perform and play her originals infront of a crowd. She's confident with her musicality and she couldn't wait to show them this one thing that she's actually good at.

 

"You look extra excited about that, huh", Yin playfully nudged her.

 

She plastered a smile, "Yeah, music is really my passion. It's my biggest dream to be a musician."

 

The boy reciprocated the smile, "If you need a place to practice, Yang and I have a studio. You can drop by anytime."

 

"Woah really? Sure! Thank you, Yin. I guess this is what they call perks of having rich friends", she joked which earned another nudge from the boy.

 

The dismissal bell rang after that and they parted ways. Chaeyoung walked straight to the parking area where her scooter is parked, and checked the time on her wrist watch. It's 5'oclock. Just in time to help her parents prepare dinner.

 

She smiled at the idea. People close to her knew very well that she loves eating just as much as she loves music. And the thought of dinner makes her giddy already as she approaches her scooter.

 

But before she could even reach for her keys, a large black van suddenly stopped infront of her. Two men wearing black suits stepped out and before she could comprehend what's happening, she was already being dragged inside the van.

 

"I—who are you?! Let go of me!" she was trying to resist while screaming but the men were way stronger than her, "L-Let me go!"

 

She was pushed inside the van and that's when she realized that she was being kidnapped. Inside her freaking school that's supposed to have a really tight security system.

 

"How on earth?" thoughts were flooding her, "I'm not even rich, what do they even want from me."

 

"Miss Roseanne."

 

A feminine voice called her and she immediately snapped her head behind her.

 

"Don't panic. We won't hurt you", a woman in her 30s told her.

 

The woman was wearing a black blazer and skirt and she looks like she's working as a secretary of a mafia leader.

 

"W-Who are you? What do you want from me?" Chaeyoung asked cautiously, both of her hands are in attack position.

 

"We were instructed to get you."

 

"Get me? By who??"

 

"By our boss, Lady Jennie Kim."

 

Chaeyoung's eyes went wide. Just when she thought the storm was finally over and her life would be normal again, turns out Jennie's not yet done.

 

"It's her again?? What else does she want from me? Why won't she just leave me alone?!" she blurted.

 

"Please calm down, Miss Roseanne. Lady Jennie just wanted to have dinner", the woman answered.

 

Dinner? Is she hearing it right? Jennie Kim wanted to have dinner, and what does it have to do with her?

 

"What does it have to do with me?" she voiced out her thought, confusion written all over her face.

 

"Well, she wanted to have dinner with you", the woman replied like it's the most normal thing in the world.

 

Jennie Kim wanted to have dinner with her? After all the sufferings she went through? Sure. She's absolutely not gonna buy it.

 

"I have a strong feeling this is another trick. I refuse to fall for this. Please stop the car and get me down."

 

The woman just smiled at her, "Trust me, Miss. Nothing bad will happen to you. Consider this as Lady Jennie's peace offering."

 

"You're seriously telling me nothing bad will happen to me after practically kidnapping me?"

 

The woman chuckles, "Apparently, she doesn't know how else to get you other than this way."

 

Chaeyoung stared at her suspiciously. She was still skeptical about this whole dinner thing but it's not like they're gonna let go of her. She really has no choice to begin with.

 

And deep inside her, she knew she was hoping that Jennie's truly gonna reconcile with her. So it will finally be over.

 

"Please trust me, okay?" the woman stood and walked further to the back of the van.

 

Chaeyoung let her eyes roam around and realized how spacious the vehicle was. It was like the ones used by celebrities. It has couch-beds, a large LED TV, a comfort room, and some built-in closets. That type of van that you can practically reside in.

 

"So, shall we get started now, Miss Park?"

 

She turned back to the woman, "Start what?"

 

The woman smiled at her again and opens one of the large closets, "Start dressing you up."

 

It's gonna be a long night for her.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

Chaeyoung stepped out of the black van wearing a sparkly blue dress that's hugging her waist and hangs just below her knees. It's matched with a Chanel stilletos which she guesses cost more than her entire existence. And her long blonde hair falls in perfect wave.

 

She stared up at the restaurant infront of her and suddenly felt dizzy with all these expensive stuff surrounding her. She's not used to this kind of environment, and she's not planning to get used to it.

 

"Miss Park, shall we?" an attendant walks up to her and offers a hand.

 

She accepts it and the attendant guides her as they enter the classy restaurant. She noticed it was empty. Did Jennie book the whole restaurant just for this dinner? 

 

Nonetheless, she was feeling nervous since the ride because she was still thinking that Jennie still got some up her sleeve and this dinner will turn out disastrous. At least for her.

 

Well, you couldn't blame her. Jennie literally made her stay in Crossford a living hell.

 

The attendant leads her to the second floor and helps her settle on the table by the large over-looking balcony. The city view was fascinating and she was instantly lost in its beauty, until she heard a soft cough behind her.

 

"You like the view?"

 

She turned her head and finds Jennie standing infront of their table. The brunette was wearing a black dress and she couldn't deny the fact that the girl was absolutely gorgeous. She still hates her guts, though, but Chaeyoung isn't blind.

 

"Why did you bring me here?" she immediately asked as soon as Jennie took the seat infront of hers.

 

"Um, to have dinner?" the brunette stated matter-of-factly, "Didn't my personal assistant tell you?"

 

Chaeyoung snickers, "Come on, Jennie. I wasn't born yesterday. I know you're up to no good."

 

"Why? Can't I have dinner with you now?"

 

"We both know you hate my entire existence. Why take me to dinner?"

 

"Because I want to?"

 

Chaeyoung took a fork from the table and held it in defense, "I swear if you're pulling up another trick, I won't hesitate to poke your eyes with this fork."

 

"Geez, why are you so violent?"

 

"Says the holy one", the blonde replies sarcastically.

 

Jennie clenches her fists trying to compose herself. This is only the first level and it's already getting on her nerves. She swears if this doesn't work out, she's gonna strangle Jisoo for making her do this.

 

"I'm not good at this, okay?" the brunette mumbled.

 

"Just answer me seriously. Why did you bring me here?"

 

"Peace offering", Jennie almost hissed at her own lie. 

 

Chaeyoung leant over the table and scrutinizes the girl, "Are you being serious right now? Are you even capable of making peace?"

 

"You asked me to answer you seriously. I just did, and you still don't believe me. The ?"

 

She leans back on her chair still holding that suspicious gaze, “Kidnapping me was your peace offering?" she still won't buy it.

 

"Would you come here if I simply invite you to dinner? No. So I brought you here myself."

 

Chaeyoung must admit the girl has a point. But considering her reputation, it’s still hard for her to trust the brunette.

 

"I just want to have dinner, okay? I'll explain everything later. Now, can we eat in peace?" Jennie asked while massaging her temples.

 

Chaeyoung gave her a chance and just nodded when she heard the word 'eat', "Where's the food, though?"

 

As if on cue, a group of waiters arrived and served the dishes one by one. Chaeyoung looked on as they place plate by plate on the large table. It’s her first time stepping inside a first-class restaurant and her first time seeing most of the dishes served to them. But boy do they look so appetizing.

 

“Would you please care to wipe your drool off?” Jennie’s remark snapped her back to her senses.

 

She rolled her eyes and wiped the corner of animatedly. She didn’t realize she was gawking too much.

 

“Just tell the waiter if you want anything else”, the brunette told her once the servers left.

 

Chaeyoung just shakes her head, “Um, no...this is actually too much. Are you sure we’re the only ones eating?”

 

“Yeah. I don’t know what you like so I just told them to cook everything in the menu.”

 

Chaeyoung was a bit dumfounded, “For real?”

 

“Yeah”, the girl deadpanned.

 

Jennie started having her meal so Chaeyoung started eating as well, though, awkwardly. She couldn’t believe she’s actually having dinner with the girl she just hated a few days ago. Just, what are the odds that something like this will happen.

 

Another thing is she doesn’t know if she should act formal since it’s a fine dining, or just be herself and dig in. Soon she heard her stomach rumble and she went for the latter. Screw fine dining.

 

The brunette watches discreetly as the other girl devours almost half of the food already. She was munching animatedly and her cheeks were puffed like a squirrel. This is the first time she sees someone eating like this and she should be at least disgusted. So she’s wondering why she finds it cute instead.

 

“Wait, are you crying?” Jennie blurted when she sees little tears in the corners of the blonde’s eyes.

 

“I—no...” Chaeyoung shakes her head and wipes her eyes, “I’m just...I really love eating good food that it makes me happy and makes me cry at the same time.”

 

Jennie stared dumbly. Who in her right mind would cry over food? This girl is weirdly crazy. She thought.

 

“O-Okay? Do you want anything else?”

 

“No no, this is enough. Thank you.”

 

Chaeyoung went back to devouring the food with Jennie glancing at her way every now and then. She doesn’t know why she suddenly felt this amusement and she’s resisting the urge to chuckle, she couldn’t help it though so it came out as a cough.

 

“Are you okay?” Chaeyoung placed her utensils down and turns to the brunette.

 

Jennie grabs a glass of water and took a sip before clearing , “Yeah, I’m fine.”

 

An uncomfortable silence hung in the air after that and Jennie remembers what Jisoo taught her. Initiate a conversation. If you want to befriend someone, you should engage her in an interesting conversation.

 

The thing is, Jennie’s bad at talking.

 

“By the way...” so Chaeyoung beat her to it, “Why is it empty here? Did you book the whole restaurant?”

 

“No”, she answered nonchanlantly, “I own this restaurant.”

 

“Oh wow.”

 

Chaeyoung was not really that surprised. Jennie Kim is South Korea’s richest heiress, and if the girl ever tells her she owns the country, she could say that she was expecting it.

 

“So Lady Jennie Kim, your majesty”, she scoffs sarcastically, “You still owe me an explanation.”

 

“What- What explanation?”

 

“What made you decide to raise the white flag?”

 

“What flag?”

 

“You know, you’re rich, but you’re pretty slow.”

 

“I— you little-”

 

“What made you decide to the stop the war and make peace with me?”

 

Jennie fell speechless. She didn’t think this through and she didn’t expect that question. She couldn’t just say that she’s not really sincere with this peace-making and she’s actually plotting something more evil.

 

She’ll really strangle Jisoo after this for not having a concrete plan.

 

“Well—”

 

She was saved when Chaeyoung’s phone suddenly rings. She mumbled a soft ‘excuse me’ before fishing out her phone from her bag.

 

“Hello? Yes, mom...Sorry I forgot to tell you- I went to have dinner with a friend. Yes, I’m okay...No, but- I’m sure, mom...Okay, love you, mom. Bye.”

 

She ended the call and turned back to the brunette, “Sorry about that. I forgot to call my mom and she was so worried.”

 

Jennie just nodded, not really knowing what to say, “I guess I should send you home now.”

 

“No no, I can just take a cab—”

 

“This is a private place. No cab passes by here”, the brunette answered before getting up, “I’ll take you home.”

 

Chaeyoung got up as well and followed the other girl. Guess she really has no other choice. Anyway, Jennie kidnapped her to this dinner so it’s just fair for her to be sent home. Right.

 

They stepped out of the restaurant and were immediately greeted by not less than ten bodyguards all wearing black suits, behind them was a black limousine which Chaeyoung assumes as their ride home.

 

A bodyguard guides them to the car and she freezes. It’s her first time riding in a limousine. She didn’t even imagine she’ll ever have a chance to do so. Everything about this night is bizarre to her.

 

“Do I need to assure you that this isn’t kidnapping anymore?” Jennie half-yelled from the car when she realized Chaeyoung isn’t hopping in.

 

The blonde chuckles awkwardly before finally getting in the car. The ride home was pretty quiet. None of them dared to speak. Jennie was busy minding her own business, while Chaeyoung was just dumbly looking around the limousine like it’s some sort of a spaceship.

 

They reached Chaeyoung’s house in no time and she was surprised her parents were waiting at the doorstep of their dumpling store. 

 

“Mom, dad, what are you doing outside?” she asked before hugging them both.

 

“We were waiting for you. We were so worried, you know?” her mom said.

 

“Yes, you didn’t even text us, Chaeng”, her father seconded.

 

“I’m sorry, it was a last minute invitation and I forgot to inform you”, the girl pouted.

 

Mrs. Park looked at her from head to toe, “Wait, where did you get the dress and the shoes? They look expensive.”

 

She bit her lip, “Um, these are from the friend I just had dinner with.”

 

Her father took a glance behind her, “Is she the friend?”

 

Chaeyoung turned around and was surprised to see Jennie standing behind them.

 

“I—”

 

“Yes, Mr. Park. My name is Jennie. And good evening to the both of you”, the brunette greeted as she stepped closer to the family.

 

“Oh, good evening to you, too, Jennie. Thank you for taking our Chaeyoung home. We’re really glad she’s making good friends in her new school.”

 

Chaeyoung mentally scoffs. If only her parents know what that girl did to her before. 

 

“Chaeyoung?” the brunette raised a brow and shot her a questioning look.

 

“It’s my korean name”, she simply answered.

 

“That’s...a nice name”, Jennie turned back to her parents with a smile, “I’ll be going now, Mr. and Mrs. Park. It was nice meeting you.”

 

“Take care, Jennie-ah”, her mother waved at the girl, reciprocating the smile. 

 

Jennie then turns to her and she swears she saw something sparked in those dark brown orbs, “Goodnight, Chaeyoung.”

 

Her eyes followed the girl as she got in the limousine and drove away from their block. She was recalling this afternoon’s events and still couldn’t believe everything turned upside down so suddenly in that short amount of time. She wanted to believe that it’s just a dream, but Jennie’s voice saying her name is still ringing so clearly in her ears.

 

She’s heard her name been called so many times but there was something in Jennie’s voice that made it sound like her name was the best word she’s ever heard.

 

And Chaeyoung didn’t know if it’s a good thing...or not.