12th

Falling All In You

It was almost 6 in the evening when Jennie took Chaeyoung home from Chanel building. She was still ranting at the girl about not informing her the modeling thing beforehand when she saw her pink scooter parked outside their house.

 

“You brought my scooter home?” Chaeyoung turned to the brunette who was standing behind her.

 

“Well, it was my butler who brought it, but yeah”, Jennie answered nonchalantly.

 

She raised a brow at the girl, “I was gonna thank you, but then I remembered it’s your fault that I left it at school...again.”

 

Jennie snickers, “Y’know, other girls would give their life just so they could model for Chanel. I don’t get why you’re ranting. You should feel lucky.”

 

“Excuse me? Did you even ask me if I wanted that? I don’t know how to model. Why did you even bring me there?”

 

“I told you I’m casting new models.”

 

“Do I look like a model material to you??”

 

Jennie pondered for a moment before answering, “Well...you could practice—”

 

“No.”

 

“Geez. Okay.”

 

Chaeyoung glared at her before walking to their front door, “I’ll get inside. Thanks for the ride anyway.”

 

Before she could open the door, she heard Jennie again, “Wait up.”

 

“What now??”

 

“When I told you to think of something that really made you laugh, what did you think of?”

 

Chaeyoung stared at her before curling her lips in a mischievous smirk, “The look on your face when you saw the ‘For Sale: Jennie’s gums’ poster that I made.”

 

“I—”

 

“Goodbye!”

 

The blonde entered the house before Jennie could respond.

 

Jennie shakes her head and walks back to her car. She fishes out her phone and dialled a number.

 

“It didn’t work, Chu”, she spoke on her phone, “But I have another plan. This time I’ll make it work.”

 

~•~

 

It’s a sunday afternoon and Chaeyoung was mindlessly flipping through the channels of their television. She’s done all her homework, and they’re not receiving dumpling delivery orders so she’s quite bored. She could ask Wendy to hangout but she remembered they just went out yesterday, and her bestfriend probably has something else to do now.

 

She just decided to practice some more for their practical exam on wednesday since she really has nothing to do at the moment. She got up from the couch when the doorbell rang, so she went to answer the door first. Her mother was already there, though, so she let her open the door for whoever that visitor is.

 

“Jennie?”

 

Chaeyoung’s ears twitch at the name her mother mentioned and she automatically turned 360 degree to face their visitor standing by the door frame.

 

She couldn’t believe her eyes as Jennie Kim really stood there wearing a pair of Gucci tee and jeans topped with a blazer looking like the chic that she is.

 

“What are you doing here?!” Chaeyoung blurted unintentionally loud.

 

The brunette ignored her and turned to Mrs. Park who was holding a pot, “Good afternoon, Mrs. Park. How’ve you been?”

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes squinted voluntarily at the girl’s greeting. Since when did this girl learn to act polite?

 

“I’ve been good, Jennie. How are you? Come in come in”, her mother greeted back with a smile before leading the brunette inside, “What brings you here?”

 

“Well, since it’s a sunday, Chaeyoung and I planned to hangout”, Jennie turned to the blonde with a mischievous smile, “Have you forgotten, Chaeyoung-ah?”

 

Chaeyoung clenched her fist. She definitely do not remember agreeing to hangout with her, and she knew Jennie’s just saying things ‘cos she’s probably up to something.

 

“I don’t—” she was about to deny, but her mother’s voice cut her.

 

“Oh really? That’s great! Chaeyoung was doing homework since morning so she probably forgot”, Mrs. Park replied enthusiastically, “Chaeyoung-ah, change into some warm clothes. The breeze is kinda chilly today.”

 

“But, mom, I—”

 

“Your clothes are fine, Chaeyoung-ah. Just wear some jacket on top”, Jennie cut her off this time, the girl was smiling at her and she doesn’t know if she should trust that.

 

She pointed a finger at the brunette, “I didn’t even agr—”

 

Chaeyoung swears she could feel her braincells popping out when her mother cut her off again.

 

“Here, just wear this, Chaeng”, her mom said before wrapping her in a thick coat which she didn’t know where came from, “Now, go and have fun, you girls.”

 

“Mom, are you—”

 

“Thank you, Mrs. Park. We’ll get going”, Jennie smiled one last time before starting to half-drag her out of the house, “Let’s go, Chaeyoung.”

 

They reached Jennie’s car and Chaeyoung glanced back at their front door to make sure her mother’s not looking before ranting on the brunette.

 

“What the hell was that?? What are you doing here and where are you planning to take me again??”

 

Jennie just chuckled at her, “Chill. I just want to hangout.”

 

“Hangout?? With me?? Are you kidding me??”

 

“Why wouldn’t I want to hangout with you? You’re Blackpink’s frie—”

 

“Please, I don’t want to hear that Blackpink friend thingy anymore. Just say what you want.”

 

Jennie blinked at her, “I...want to hangout? Because I’m bored?”

 

“Why me??”

 

“Because Jisoo and Lisa are busy. And you’re not”, the brunette answered matter-of-factly.

 

Chaeyoung stared at her dumbly, “Don’t you have other friends??”

 

Jennie did not answer that and just pursed her lips before showing a straight face.

 

“I want to hangout with you. Your mom already agreed and she seemed happy about it. So you really have no choice.”

 

Chaeyoung paused to think if she should give this devil a chance. Maybe she just really wanted to hangout? Nothing bad happened to her yesterday anyway. And besides, if she goes back home now, it’ll be too suspicious and she doesn’t want her mom to know who Jennie really is.

 

Heaving out a sigh, she turned to face the brunette, “Fine. Let’s...hangout.”

 

Before Jennie could reply, she spoke again, “But we won’t be using your car.”

 

“What?”

 

“We’ll walk.”

 

~•~

 

And they really walked their way downtown. Jennie was complaining about her feet already hurting, but Chaeyoung ignored her saying she was overreacting because they haven’t even walked that much. And besides, the brunette chose to hangout with her so she should bear it.

 

They reached the street market and Jennie was almost kneeling on the ground.

 

“We’re here”, the blonde announced, “Let’s go around.”

 

“You go ahead, I’m staying here. I can’t feel my legs anymore”, Jennie answered while slightly panting, her hands propped on her knees.

 

“Come on, you’re exaggerating. This isn’t that far from my house.”

 

“Not that far?! This is ten blocks away from your house. How is it not that far?! We could’ve used my car.”

 

“You said you wanted to hangout with me, right? Well, this is how I go out. Bear with it.”

 

Jennie subtly gritted her teeth. This whole revenge thing has been getting on her nerves, and if it’s really not for her pride, she wouldn’t even do any of this. But Jennie Kim never loses. She has to win.

 

“Alright, where do you wanna go first?” the brunette tried to compose herself while fixing the creases on her blazer.

 

Chaeyoung bites back a smirk before looking around, “Let’s go to the arcade!”

 

The blonde then dashed to where the arcade is. Jennie looked on and tried to catch up wearing a long face.

 

Chaeyoung led them to the video games section and started playing when she noticed Jennie was just standing behind her, zoning out.

 

“What are you doing there?” she asked.

 

“What?”

 

“I didn’t want an audience while playing, y’know. Sit here and be my opponent.”

 

Jennie was hesitant at first, but she eventually sat on the slot beside Chaeyoung’s and they started the game.

 

Jennie was definitely not a gamer. She doesn’t even know how to use the controllers and she keeps on losing. Chaeyoung glanced at the girl and suppressed a laugh upon seeing her. The brunette was trying so hard smashing all the buttons her hands could reach while her brows are furrowed in frustration. Her expensive outfit was so out of place.

 

“What is wrong with this?! It’s not working!” Jennie blurted.

 

“I won again, loser!” Chaeyoung bubbled in a mocking laugh.

 

“This is cheating. My controllers aren’t working.”

 

“Reasons.”

 

“They’re really not working!”

 

“Oh yeah? How ‘bout we exchange seats and do a rematch?”

 

“Watch my victory.”

 

They played a couple of games in the arcade including that one where you’ll have to hit the mice with a hammer when they pop out. And Chaeyoung learned that you should never let hot-tempered Jennie Kim play that game because she ended up breaking the machine. Good thing the girl’s rich so she immediately paid for the damage.

 

“I’m hungry”, Chaeyoung said as they stepped out of the arcade.

 

“Where do you wanna eat?”

 

They looked around and noticed that it’s starting to get dark. Lights from the street market were attracting Chaeyoung so she tugs on Jennie’s arm and pulls her towards the night market.

 

“I want street foods!”

 

Jennie scrunches her face at that but Chaeyoung was already dragging her so she lets the girl lead her to a certain stall that sells god-knows-what food.

 

“What the hell is that?” Jennie judgingly pointed to a pot with hot red sauce.

 

Chaeyoung looked at her dumbly, “You don’t know that?”

 

The brunette shook her head and Chaeyoung started thinking what on earth do rich people eat if they don’t know tteokbokki.

 

“That’s tteokbokki. Spicy rice cake. There’s takoyaki, too. And red bean-filled bun. This one’s a fish cake”, the blonde introduced while pointing to the food one by one, “Now, what do you want to eat?”

 

Jennie just stared at nothingness, “I don’t eat any of this.”

 

“Oh come on. There’s no fancy restaurants here so you have no choice but to eat here.”

 

The brunette looked at her, “I don’t know what to order.”

 

“I’ll order for you, then.”

 

Before Jennie could react, Chaeyoung was already giving her orders to the stall owner. Shortly, their food were served.

 

“Here, try this”, she handed her a stick of fish cake.

 

Jennie took the food and inspected it suspiciously before meekly taking a bite.

 

“How was it?” Chaeyoung asked before bringing a piece of spicy rice cake into .

 

“It’s...good”, the girl answered and takes another bite.

 

Chaeyoung didn’t know how it happened but a few minutes have passed and she’s seeing a stack of not less than 20 empty sticks laying on the counter. She stared at the brunette who’s still munching on a piece of fish cake, oblivious of her surroundings.

 

“Um...I didn’t know you’re THAT hungry. We could’ve ordered some rice...” she commented.

 

Jennie turned to her and brings down the stick that she’s holding when she realized what the blonde meant.

 

“No, I— I’m just...” the girl’s face turned red as she was thinking of what to reason out.

 

“It’s good, I know. Sometimes, cheaper food are much better than what you rich people eat”, Chaeyoung chuckled softly before taking out her wallet.

 

“I’ll pay for it”, Jennie offered and took out a $1,000 bill from her wallet.

 

“Are you kidding me? We’re just paying for the food. Not for the whole store.”

 

“But I don’t have a smaller bill.”

 

“Nevermind, I’ll pay for it.”

 

Chaeyoung took some bills from her wallet and paid for the food. 

 

They walked over to a nearby bench afterwards and took a seat with a considerate distance between them. Silence hung in the air before Chaeyoung decided to talk.

 

“I really don’t know why you wanted to hangout with me, but atleast I had fun at the arcade, and I got to eat street foods.”

 

Jennie pursed her lips before answering, “Stop thinking that I’ll always do something bad to you. It’s all in the past now. And I just really want to make up for everything I did.”

 

Chaeyoung turned to the girl and noticed the seriousness on her face. She honestly doesn’t know if she should believe and trust what Jennie’s saying considering her reputation and what she’s done to her before. But if the girl is really serious with her peace offering, then maybe she can reconsider things. Chaeyoung’s got a heart of gold, afterall.

 

“I just hope you’re really reflecting on what you did and this isn’t another trick”, she replied.

 

“I really am.”

 

“If it turns out that you’re tricking me again, I’d really sell your gums.”

 

“I— why would y—”

 

“Hey, don’t you think it’s getting late? We still have classes tomorrow”, Chaeyoung shifted the topic and got up from the bench, “Let’s call it a day and go home.”

 

Jennie huffs and takes out her phone from her pocket, “I’ll just call my driver.”

 

“Nope”, Chaeyoung stopped her, “We’ll walk.”

 

“What?? Again?? Noo way!”

 

“Yes way!”

 

And Jennie slept that night with hot packs all over her legs.