48th

Falling All In You

Months went on season by season, and no one's really keeping up with the calendar anymore. 

 

Blackpink could still remember the start of their first year in the university. They were babies back then. Vaguely, they still remember the looks of wonder people gave them when they first stepped in the premises of the most prestigious school in South Korea, knowing that they own everything their sight can reach.

 

They can still recall how people started looking up to them. How they see them as gods, queens, and everything that everyone else could never achieve. They're the standard of all the standards. No one has, and no one will ever come close enough to what they have been.

 

Clearer than daylight, they remember how they became The Legendary Trio.

 

And now, as they make their notable march through the grand ceremony hall of Crossford, all they're leaving was history.

 

They're graduating.

 

"ing finally!", Jisoo threw her arms in the air, "Lecture days are over. Goodbye to the books I never once opened."

 

"Tell me how you managed to get through the graduating list again?", Lisa snickers beside her.

 

The older dramatically flips her hair, "Through my irresistible charms, I guess?"

 

"Oh, you have that?"

 

"Yeah, wanna see?"

 

"Stop flirting in the middle of graduation ceremony challenge : failed", Jennie rolled her eyes at her friends.

 

The two girls mock laughed.

 

"Why is this dumpling being grumpy on her own graduation?", Lisa playfully nudges the brunette.

 

"Probably because cringey days with her girlfriend are over", Jisoo deadpanned, "No more stealing kisses at the back of the locker room."

 

"You—"

 

The crackhead duo shared another laugh.

 

"And no more sending of random stuff to Rosie's room just because she thought it's cute. God, all the embarrassment I got when we had to carry that big- teddy bear on their first anniversary", Lisa added.

 

"I know right. Rosie scolded her for that because, and I quote, 'How the hell am I suppose to take that giant teddy bear home?? It's even bigger than you!'", Jisoo said while laughing, "That was hilarious as ."

 

"Real funny. Ha ha ha", Jennie spat in sarcasm, "I smell envy and jealousy."

 

"And why would we envy you?"

 

"Because Chaeyoung and I have something that you don't."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Label."

 

Jisoo and Lisa had their mouth form a perfect shape of O at the remark.

 

"Okay, that's below the belt. I don't like this conversation anymore", Lisa said, looking away.

 

"Ha! Got you both!", the brunette pointed a finger at them, "Cat got your tongue, Chu?"

 

"Jennie stop being annoying challenge : failed", Jisoo throws her a glare before looking away.

 

And Jennie loves it when the two girls back down whenever she would drop that card.

 

"Ha! Guilty cowards!"

 

"Shut up and listen to your dad's speech."

 

Chaeyoung watched the three girls a few rows away from their seats. Those three idiots weren't even paying attention to the ceremony, she wonders what they were bickering about.

 

Of course, Chaeyoung is present. How could she miss one of the most important days in Jennie's life. She knows she doesn't say it that much, but she's super proud of that midget.

 

She averts her attention to the huge stage standing at the center of the hall, and realized the Chairman and founder of Crossford University, Jennie's father, Chairman Kim, has ended his congratulatory remarks.

 

Chaeyoung turned her eyes back at Blackpink's direction and saw them now approaching the platform. They're about to give their final speech as the holder of the degree with the highest distinction, the top among all the graduates.

 

She smiled to herself as she watched Jennie stood infront of the podium, looking as cute as ever in her academic dress. The brunette uttered some inspirational messages all the while glancing at her direction every now and then. And before she could end her speech, she managed to toss a wink to Chaeyoung's direction which didn't go unnoticed by the crowd, earning them hollers and cheers.

 

Chaeyoung could only hide her blushing face behind her hands. 

 

Yes, The Jennie Kim. Always the charmer.

 

All graduates rose from their seats afterwards, and as the ceremony comes to an end, they tossed their graduate caps in the air all together. A round of applause from the guests coming after.

 

Chaeyoung subtly wipes a lone tear that managed to escape her eyes as she watches the three girls shared a celebratory hug. She swears she looked like a proud mom now. But that's only because she's been really like a mom to them for the past few months.

 

She had witnessed how the girls stressed themselves over their final year in college. How they almost lack sleep and rest trying to balance their academics, extracurricular activities, all the while training in their own companies.

 

Chaeyoung had witnessed how Jennie would suddenly fall asleep in the middle of a movie date because of exhaustion. She had witnessed how Lisa would go hard on herself because she thinks she's not doing things enough. And she had witnessed the very first time Jisoo cried because of the pressure of all the responsibilities her parents expected her to shoulder.

 

Just because they are Blackpink, doesn't mean they had it the easy way. Chaeyoung had witnessed how they worked hard to be worthy of what they have achieved now.

 

And she's very proud of them.

 

"Rosie stop being a mom challenge : failed", Jisoo said before letting out a laugh.

 

It was only then that Chaeyoung noticed the three girls already standing infront of her. Before she could react, she was already being enveloped in a group hug.

 

"Congrats, you three monkeys!", she managed to say between their arms.

 

"What three monkeys? I only see one Lisa."

 

They all shared a laugh, while the youngest was hitting her bestfriends.

 

"But were you really tearing up because you're happy for us? Or because you're gonna miss a certain dumpling in school?", Jisoo nudges her.

 

Chaeyoung turns to the brunette and caught her pouting, "I'm actually happier for myself 'cos there's gonna be three less troublemakers in Crossford."

 

"Okay, how dare you, Rosie", Jisoo faked a tear, while Lisa was cackling at the background.

 

"So you're not gonna miss me??", Jennie blurted almost exaggeratedly.

 

She lets out a chuckle, "You're acting as if we won't see each other anymore. You know I'm always here."

 

"But you've got one more year. And we won't be seeing each other more often."

 

Chaeyoung pulls the pouting girl in a side hug, "We'll always find a way, baby. I promise, we will."

 

"I'll just drop my diploma and repeat my final year", the brunette jokingly suggested.

 

"You're ridiculous", Chaeyoung laughs before elbowing her, "Now, get rid of that pout because you're supposed to be celebrating."

 

"I want my congratulations kiss first", Jennie said before puckering her lips.

 

"Okay, that's it. We don't need to see this. We're leaving", Jisoo waved a hand before dramatically pulling Lisa with her.

 

"Please, Chu. For all we know, you two are just gonna make out somewhere."

 

Jisoo just sticks her tongue out at them before leaving the scene with the youngest.

 

"I can't believe them", Chaeyoung shakes her head, laughing.

 

"I know right. Now where's my kiss—"

 

"Chaeyoung, my future daughter-in-law!"

 

They both muttered a curse under their breath when Chairman Kim barged in on them.

 

"Do you even know anything about bad timing?", Jennie glares at her father.

 

"What? Why? Were you about to do something?", Chairman Kim playfully wriggles a brow, "By the way, you look cool back there, kid. Congrats for graduating."

 

"Was that sarcasm I heard?"

 

"I was very sincere!"

 

"Oh yeah?"

 

Chaeyoung could only bite back a laugh while watching the two. A lot has changed between the two of them ever since Chairman Kim decided to settle in Seoul for good. He kept his promise and stayed for Jennie. Though they still bicker every now and then. Just like now.

 

"Actually, I might have to take a second look at your transcript of records", Chairman Kim playfully teases the girl.

 

"I— what??"

 

"You know, maybe they just overlooked the list of the graduates and mistakenly put your name there?"

 

"I— daaaaad!!"

 

Well, at least Jennie calls her 'dad' now. Improvement.

 

When Chairman Kim finally excused himself to mingle with Lisa’s and Jisoo's parents, that's when Chaeyoung pulls Jennie by her neck and gave her the sweet congratulations kiss that she deserves.

 

~•~

 

“Can we eat first? ‘Cos I’m starving as hell”, Lisa announced while looking out the window of the van.

 

“I’m hungry too. And jetlagged. I feel my world spinning”, Chaeyoung seconded before scooting close and leaning on her girlfriend’s shoulder.

 

“Alright, we’ll grab a bite first”, Jennie answered, leaning down to kiss Chaeyoung’s head, “Do they have rice here, though?”

 

“I think they have rice pudding or whatever you call it?”, Jisoo said beside Lisa.

 

“How about normal rice?”

 

“I doubt. I’m not really sure.”

 

“I want rice”, Chaeyoung whines against the brunette’s shoulder, “I miss bibimbap already.”

 

“What’s the point of going to Norway if we’re just gonna crave for the same food we eat in Korea??”

 

“Shut up, Chu. All you eat is chicken so you won’t understand.”

 

“I told ya’ll we should’ve left Rosie in the airport when she planned to take a roll of kimbap with her”, the oldest retaliated.

 

“And I should’ve pushed you out of the plane when I had the chance”, Chaeyoung snarks back.

 

“I’m with Rosie on this one!”, Lisa brought her palms together in a clap, laughing.

 

Jennie visibly shakes her head at the bickering, and told the driver to stop by some good restaurant.

 

They’ve been planning this trip for quite a while now, so just a day after Blackpink’s graduation, they flew all the way to the Arctic to have their celebration. Tromsø is fairly far from Oslo, and if it wasn’t for their private plane, a whole day journey won’t be enough.

 

“What do you guys want to do after we eat? It’s still pretty early”, the brunette asks the girls.

 

“Whale Safari!”, Lisa answered in excitement.

 

“And museums. I heard this place has really famous and beautiful museums”, Chaeyoung suggested.

 

“Let’s ride on that cable car, too. It’s one of the best places to see the Northern Lights”, Jisoo added.

 

“Right, the Northern Lights! Gosh I can’t wait!”

 

“We’re all excited. I haven’t seen it either”, Jennie gives her girlfriend a soft smile, “But first things first.”

 

“Right, food!”

 

They all exclaimed.

 

~•~

 

The group was pretty productive as they spend their time in the beautiful municipality of Tromsø. From having good delicacies, to visiting some famous places all the while taking pictures together. They made sure to really visit the whale safaris and museums that were highly recommended online.

 

Lisa and Jisoo were the most excited when shopping time came. Those two just loved spending their money, Chaeyoung could never understand rich people. But they end up buying sweaters and some good souvenirs from the local shops.

 

Everything was going wonderful until they went back to the hotel and found Lisoo arguing again.

 

“Should we check on them?”, Chaeyoung asks her girlfriend as they sat on the couch, watching the two girls argue in the balcony.

 

“Let them be. Where’s my popcorn?”, Jennie replied, earning a nudge from the blonde.

 

“Seriously?”

 

“Yeah, let them talk their out. Their adults, Chaeng.”

 

Chaeyoung could only nod and look back at the two girls. Jennie’s right, though. They’re both adults who should know how to handle their stuff.

 

So they just watched.

 

“What the hell is your problem?”, Jisoo asked in an irritated but hushed voice.

 

“You exactly know my problem. That girl at the cafe?”, Lisa spat back.

 

“What about that?? I told you she’s also a tourist.”

 

“Yeah, and she was obviously flirting with you.”

 

“What?? Lisa, she was asking for directions!”

 

“Does she have to touch your arm if she’s asking for directions??”

 

“I told you—”

 

“And you were totally flirting back.”

 

Jisoo flails her arms in the air, “God, I can’t believe you.”

 

“I can’t believe you either!”

 

“Wait, why are you so mad?? Are we together?? Are you my girlfriend??”

 

Uh oh. Talking about labels now.

 

Jisoo noticed Lisa’s jaw clenching, but she still continued.

 

“We’re not even official, Lisa. I’m not your girlfriend, so—”

 

“Then be my girlfriend! Goddamnit!”

 

Jennie and Chaeyoung audibly gasped and turned to each other with wide eyes. They swear this is more intense than k-drama. But they couldn’t believe this is how the crackhead duo would finally fix their of a relationship.

 

Yes. That, Ladies and Gentlemen, was how Jisoo and Lisa finally became official.

 

~•~

 

The night falls and the group proceeded to their last tourist destination for the day: the famous Tromsø cable car.

 

They could actually already see the sky lights from where they are standing, but the view from the cable car couldn’t be compared. And to say that Chaeyoung is excited would be an understatement.

 

“You guys go first. We’ll take the other one”, Lisa told them when they’re about to hop in.

 

“Oh, I see what you’re doing, Lili”, Jennie tosses her a wink before gesturing a high-five.

 

“Of course, you know...alone time”, the youngest answered before glancing at the girl beside her.

 

Jisoo was quick to turn away. But the blush on her cheeks was failing her.

 

“Aww aren’t they so cute”, Chaeyoung teases and lets her eyes fall on the new couple’s entwined hands.

 

“Shut up, Rosie.”

 

They all shared a laugh, before Jennie and Chaeyoung waved them goodbye and proceeded to ride the cable car.

 

It was a good four minutes up in the air and the view of the midnight sky lights welcomed them. The green celestial ball of light dancing across the night sky was absolutely breathtaking, there are no other words to describe it.

 

“It’s so beautiful, Jen”, Chaeyoung mutters, eyes glued at the distant sky.

 

“It is, baby.”

 

“And the lights are dancing!”

 

Jennie lets out a soft chuckle, “They are. They’re magical. I’m glad we came here at the perfect time.”

 

Chaeyoung turns back to her girlfriend and presses a soft kiss on her cheek, “Thank you for bringing me here.”

 

“No worries, baby. I still owe you a Paris date, remember?”

 

“Will you really?”

 

“Of course. When schedule’s not too tight”, Jennie’s lips form a small pout, “I’m kind of sad.”

 

“Jen...”

 

“Things will be a little different when we go back to Korea”, the brunette spoke, “I have a whole conglomerate to take care of now. Soon, I’ll be taking over the company. And you’re gonna be just as busy with your final year in university.”

 

Chaeyoung heaves out a sigh before cupping her girlfriend’s face, “What do I always tell you about that?”

 

“That we’re gonna make it work. And we’ll make sure to give each other our time despite the tight schedules.”

 

“And we will. So what else is bugging you?”

 

Jennie bites her bottom lip, “I just don’t want to be like how my father used to be. You know, going country to country. Disappearing for months, even years. I know how it feels to be left alone, and I don’t want to do that to you.”

 

“Jen, we can always find a way if we just want. If you ever find yourself in the same situation your dad was in, then tell me, and I’ll come to you”, Chaeyoung said in a soft voice, “Just give me a little more time to be a famous musician and have money, and I’d really go to wherever you will be.”

 

Jennie’s lips slowly curl into a smile, “Just what did I do to deserve you?”

 

Chaeyoung leans in and presses a soft kiss on the girl’s lips, “I love you, Jen. And even if I have to wait forever for you, I will. Always remember that, okay?”

 

The older girl nodded and buries her face on the crook of Chaeyoung’s neck, “You’re too good for this world, Chaeng. And I’m the luckiest because you’re mine.”

 

“Are you feeling better now?”

 

“Hmm. Do you want me to take pictures of you?”

 

Chaeyoung lets out a chuckle, “What a smooth transition.”

 

Jennie looks up at her with a small smile, “The sky is just as beautiful as you are. Or maybe you’re even more beautiful than those dancing lights.”

 

“And you’re really throwing a pick-up line now?”

 

“I love you, Chaeyoung.”

 

Jennie pushes all her negative thoughts aside and leaned in to claim Chaeyoung’s lips in a kiss more magical than the sky lights.

 

She doesn’t know what the future holds for them. But she’s going to make sure that nothing can ever go between them.

 

They will make it through. Jennie sealed that promise into the kiss. They will.