6th

Falling All In You

Chaeyoung ended up skipping her first class because she's already late, and she doesn't have a seat anyway. She wanders through the hallways clutching her belongings on her left hand, and her now torn bag on her right hand. Now she wouldn't really know how to explain to her parents how her new bag got torn. And she's too guilty to ask for another one considering their financial status.

 

She was mentally cursing Jennie when she heard a not too loud music coming from one of the rooms in that hallway. It was not an annoying type of loud, but it caught her attention since the hallways were pretty quiet. Chaeyoung, being the curious cat that she is, unconsciously peeked through the slightly ajar door of the room. She finds a spacious dance studio.

 

Chaeyoung adjusted her line of sight and saw a slim figure gracefully dancing to the beat of Charlie Puth's Attention. The girl was absolutely skilled. Though Chaeyoung thought there was something familiar about that blonde hair. She was about to shrug it off and leave when the blonde girl twirls in sync to the beat and Chaeyoung caught a glimpse of her face.

 

She knew it. It was the 3rd member of Blackpink. "What's her name again?" Chaeyoung tried to recall what Yang said, "Lisa? Lisa...Manoban?" She watches as the blonde moves perfectly with her long hair moving in sync with her body. The girl was just wearing a crop top and sweatpants and Chaeyoung couldn't help but admire her figure.

 

"Like what you see?"

 

She didn't realize the music already stopped and the blonde stopped dancing as well. Lisa Manoban was now standing infront her with the door now fully open. And she looks really beautiful. But no, she shouldn't be praising her in her mind.

 

Great. She just looked like a creepy stalker infront of a Blackpink member.

 

"Hey, I know you", Lisa pointed at her with a playful smile on her lips, "You're the cute girl who spilled coffee on Nini's dress."

 

Chaeyoung almost facepalmed herself. Of course she knows her. Heck, even the whole school might know about her existence by now. Thanks to a certain brunette.

 

"Look, I didn't mean to peek, okay? Now if you're also coming at me, I've already had enough and I swear I could really land a punch to y—"

 

Her words were cut off by the tall blonde, "What even made you think that I'm coming at you?"

 

"You're Blackpink. You're a group of arrogant, cold-hearted bullies who are childish enough to play this sick of a game", Chaeyoung blurted out of frustration from the earlier events.

 

She was expecting the blonde to scream back at her and maybe strangle her right there and then. But the girl just smiles before shaking her head.

 

"People might not always be what you think of them. Looks sure can be deceiving. But I swear I'm more than that", Lisa's eyes fell on her hands and grabs her bag that she was still clutching before she could stop her, "This poor thing can't be repaired."

 

The blonde went back inside the studio with her bag and Chaeyoung didn't know why she still stood there and waited. The girl seemed to be rummaging through a shelf before walking back to her with a different bag in hand. 

 

"Here, you can use this for the mean time so you won't have to balance all your belongings in one hand like a circus person", Lisa hands her a shoulder bag.

 

Chaeyoung was reluctant and stared suspiciously at the blonde, "What are you up to?"

 

"Eh?"

 

"Why are you suddenly helping me?"

 

"Because you need help?"

 

Chaeyoung snickers, "Not convincing. Maybe this is Jennie Kim's another trick."

 

Lisa smiles, showing off her set of pearl white teeth, "Do I look like Jennie to you? Please, I'm way taller okay?" she softly pushes the bag to Chaeyoung so the girl won't have a choice but to accept it.

 

"How do I know there's no bomb in here or whatsoever?" she was still defensive.

 

That made the blonde laugh, "If so, then we're both gonna explode here, don't you think?"

 

Chaeyoung stared at the laughing girl and thought that maybe she's telling the truth. She doesn't know but there's something in her eyes and her smile that tells Chaeyoung that maybe, just maybe, not all Blackpink members are bad.

 

"Anyways, I should get going now. See you around, Chipmunk", Lisa waved at her in a cool way before walking past her, hands tucked inside the pockets of her sweatpants.

 

Chaeyoung's eyes unconsciously followed the blonde. The nickname still ringing in her head. Chipmunk. Unlike Jennie, her friend seems nice. She just hopes she's for real.

 

Remembering what the girl gave her, she looked down at the bag in her hand and gasped a little as she reads the brand, "Did she just give me a Gucci?"

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

Chaeyoung didn't know when she started to become a story maker and if she should feel relieved that her parents automatically bought it when she told them that her new bag was from a classmate who's disposing all her bag collection.

 

They didn't even bother asking about what happened to her torn bag because they were literally too fancied about the Gucci bag Lisa gave her. Which was a good thing since she wouldn't have to do the explaining.

 

However, she knew she just borrowed that bag and she needs to give it back to Lisa eventually. She'll have to save real hard from her allowance so she could buy an imitation of that Gucci bag so her parents won't suspect of anything.

 

Now back to school happenings. After the iconic slap, Jennie grew madder, and when Jennie is mad, she really is mad. So the following days were spent with back-to-back pranks. From hiding Chaeyoung's chair in her every class so she would waste a couple of time borrowing a chair from a vacant room, to showering Chaeyoung basically anything; flour party, ketchup party, slime party. Though she started getting used to it that she's learned to dodge most of them.

 

She would also sometimes find her pink scooter missing, only to find it parked somewhere else. There was one time she had to roam the whole campus in search of her scooter and found it inside a restroom. And if that's not bad enough, they also doodled random scribblings on it. Luckily, the spray paint was washable.

 

And just earlier this morning, someone walked up to Chaeyoung and offers her a piece of croissant. She thought the storm was over and the students were finally being nice to her. But she immediately dismissed that thought when she bit on the bread and found out that it was filled with toothpaste.

 

This has been going for a week now. And Chaeyoung was so done. She knows she has to do something.

 

"They're still at it?" Yin asked her as soon as she was seated on her borrowed chair, his tone was a mix of concern and anger.

 

"Yep. But atleast they gave me toothpaste croissant for breakfast", she let out a dry, humorless chuckle.

 

She already told everything to the twins. From her first encounter with Blackpink, to how she slapped Jennie Kim out of frustration. And their loathe towards the trio just heightened.

 

“I don’t think they’re gonna stop anytime soon. Whenever Blackpink has a target like you, their ultimate goal is to make their life a living hell until they voluntarily quit and leave Crossford”, Yang butted in from behind.

 

“I won’t give that to them”, Chaeyoung said firmly.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Chaeyoung looked at them with fire in her eyes, “You said their ultimate goal is to kick me out. If I quit and leave this school, it’s like I’ve given them their sweet victory. And they don’t deserve that. So no, I refuse to lose this game they created.”

 

Yin furrowed his brows in confusion, “What are you planning to do, then?”

 

She smiled at them for the first time that week, “I’ve had enough. If they think I’ll just go and cry in a corner, they thought wrong. I may be poor, but I’m a fighter. And I’ll get the revenge that I deserve”, she pointed at the twins, “Are you with me?”

 

The two boys looked at each other with uncertainty in their eyes before turning back to Chaeyoung, nodding slowly.

 

“Great. Now it’s time to give them the taste of their own medicine.”

 

And the twins didn’t think Park Chaeyoung could be this scary.

 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

 

Chaeyoung spent her time gathering information about Blackpink. Yin and Yang were particularly helpful since they know enough about the trio. She learned that Blackpink doesn’t sit in regular class. They have their own private room with their own private professors. She also learned the location of their private lounge.

 

She was not raised to be a revengeful person. But she was taught that self-love is very important. She was given a very good opportunity to study in Crossford and she doesn’t want to waste it just because of some spoiled brats. She’s going to stay and she’ll surely let Jennie Kim know about it.

 

So first on her list, is the first trick Jennie did to her.

 

After googling what she thinks is the best picture for Jennie, Chaeyoung asked the maintenance personnel if she could have some scratch papers from the storage room. The personnel stared at her at first, probably questioning what the heck will she do with the papers, but agreed nonetheless since the papers were basically garbage already.

 

After getting enough amount of papers, she hijacked the library’s photocopier with the help of the twins, so she got to reproduce the print for free. Even herself couldn’t believe she’s really doing this. She just realized she’s really into it when the day of revenge finally came.

 

She was hiding behind a wall a few steps away from Blackpink’s study room, waiting for them to come out. Once she saw the door opening and the trio stepped out, she walked towards them holding a paper.

 

“Oh, hi, Jennie!” Chaeyoung greeted with a smile as she stopped infront of the trio.

 

The three girls were evidently surprised, especially the brunette who was super confused as to why the girl has that huge smile on her face.

 

“I- what are you doing here?” Jennie blurted.

 

“Oh, I’m selling something. If you’re interested, just hit me up”, Chaeyoung answered and without a warning, she sticks the paper she was holding onto the brunette’s forehead.

 

Before Jennie could react, Chaeyoung immediately sprinted away like a cheetah. Jennie removed the paper from her forehead and her eyes went exaggeratedly wide when she saw what’s printed on it. She lifted her head and she almost lost it as she saw uncountable copies of that paper posted everywhere.

 

Jisoo and Lisa peeked and tried to hold their laugh after reading its content.

 

Printed in the paper was a picture of Jennie smiling very widely with her whole set of teeth showing off. The caption below read: ‘For sale: Jennie Kim’s gums.’

 

The brunette lost it.

 

“Roseanne Paaark!!!”