3rd

Falling All In You

Believe it or not, Chaeyoung wasn't late for her first class. In fact, she was exactly right on time. Thankfully, after those trio (whoever they are), walked out of the scene, the crowd of students immediately dispersed. Including the poor girl who has her face smashed with a pie. Chaeyoung was actually planning to approach the girl, but they were quick to exit the scene. As if nothing has happened.

 

That was when she snapped back to reality and realized that she still needs to find her room. Fortunately for her, the department was already near so she made it on time. Although when she entered the room, the professor was already there. Sweet Jesus, the spotlight was on her.

 

"Um...g-good morning", Chaeyoung timidly greeted as she stood by the door, clutching her bag.

 

"Good morning to you, too. I believe you're a new student?" the professor, who looks more like a business man by the way he was formally dressed, greeted her back with a smile.

 

Chaeyoung could only nod and muttered a soft 'Yes'.

 

"Well then, please introduce yourself to us, miss", he gestures her to step in the center, in which she complied.

 

Quietly clearing , she faced the whole class and started, "Um, hello. My name is Roseanne Park. But you can call me Chaeyoung. I'm a transfer student."

 

One student from the mid row raised her hand and asked, "What's your family's business?"

 

That made Chaeyoung uncomfortable, but there's no point in hiding the truth so she answered, "W-We own a small dumpling store."

 

"A dumpling store?"

 

The rest of the class bursts in mocking laughter and Chaeyoung has never been this embarassed her whole life. It's only the first subject, heck, she's only at the introduction part yet she already wanted to just go home and go back to SNU.

 

"Quiet, Class! Now that's not a good way to welcome your new classmate", the professor sternly said which silenced the students, "Miss Park, you may take the vacant seat at the fourth row."

 

Chaeyoung nodded and walked towards her seat. She can hear some mumblings and whisperings about her.

 

"How did she even get to transfer here?"

 

"Seriously, dumpling store? That's so petty."

 

"She's too shabby for Crossford."

 

She subtly shook her head and tried to ignore everything she's hearing as she settles on the seat by the window, taking out her pink notebook and pen from her bag. 

 

"Hi. Chaeyoung, right?"

 

She heard someone spoke beside her seat and she tips her head to see a cute guy smiling at her, his eyes disappearing into crescents.

 

"Um, yes", she answered in a small voice and awkwardly smiles back.

 

"I'm Yin. And this is my twin brother", the guy cranes her neck a little so Chaeyoung could see the other guy sitting beside him, "Yang."

 

The Yang guy waved at him before playfully winking. The two boys were really identical you might think they're just one person.

 

Wait- "Yin Yang?" she quietly blurted.

 

The twins softly chuckled and Chaeyoung swears even their voice sounds exactly the same.

 

"We get that a lot. Blame our parents for their lame humor", Yin smiled that eyesmile again, "Anyway, we heard you're new. If you'd like, you can hangout with us sometimes. We do not bite."

 

Chaeyoung blinks at him. Is she hearing it right? A rich kid asking her to hangout with them? "A-Are you sure?"

 

"Of course. That is, if you want."

 

"I'll...think about it."

 

Their conversation ended at that as the professor starts his lecture. Everyone fell silent and focused on what he was discussing. The class almost seemed normal, save for the fact that these students are in the upperclass. 

 

Then her mind wander off to the three girls earlier. She knew all students here are from elite families. But those three seemed superior. From the way they're dressed, to the way they walk. It seemed like everybody look up to them. More evidently when no one calls them out when the brunette girl slapped the hell out of the poor girl.

 

Why didn't the students act appropriately? Just, who are they?

 

Hours went by and the bell finally rang, indicating the end of her first class. To say Chaeyoung was impressed was an understatement. Their English professor was too good to be true. People really weren't lying when they said that Crossford is the standard of the standards.

 

"Chaeyoung!"

 

She just stepped out of the room when she hears her name, turning around, she finds the twins catching up to her.

 

"Hey, wanna have lunch with us?" Yin asked her soon as they caught up to her.

 

"Um, I...honestly don't know where the cafeteria is. Would that be okay with you?" she asked back.

 

That's true, though. She really didn't know where the cafeteria is and she doesn't want to waste another 30 minutes just looking for it.

 

"Of course. I was the one who asked, remember?" Yin answered and his heels, starting to walk along the hallway with his twin, "The cafeteria's this way."

 

Chaeyoung followed them and silently observed the twins. They're pretty, she must admit. They have the same height and same body figure. The only difference is their hairstyle. Yin was clean-shaved, while Yang's was pretty messy. And they unmistakably look like chaebol heirs. They're wearing a Louis Vitton bag and shoes that's probably more expensive than all her family's property. Freaking Louis Vitton.

 

"We're here", Yang suddenly announced.

 

Chaeyoung looked around and didn't realize that they're already inside a, what seemed to be, restaurant.

 

"We're eating in a restaurant?" she asked the two as she continues to look around the place. It was fancy and she's sure as hell she cannot afford even a glass of juice.

 

"Restaurant? But this is the cafeteria. And yes, we're eating here", Yin answered with a smile.

 

She stared at them dumbfounded. How come this is a cafeteria? The one in her former school doesn't look like this. "Um, it looks expensive here. You know I don't have m—"

 

"It's alright. My treat", Yin cut her off and gently pulled her towards a vacant table near the window.

 

"B-But why? I mean, you barely know me. We only shared one class", Chaeyoung immediately asked soon as they were seated. She was confused. She thought rich people should always come off rude and entitled.

 

"Because you seem nice. And I appreciate how honest you were when they asked you what business your family runs", Yin replied with a soft smile.

 

"And we don't like looking at people's social status. That's why we hate most students here. They only care about fame and wealth as if they could bring it to their grave", Yang pointed out.

 

"I—" she doesn't know how to reply to that. Guess she judged people way too early, "Thank you. But, aren't you rich too?"

 

"Our parents are. But not us", Yin shrugged before reaching for the menu card on the table.

 

Then Chaeyoung's curiosity took over her before she could stop it, "Um if I may ask, what business does your family run?"

 

"An oil company. And some other stuff", he answered nonchanlantly, "But more importantly, we should order now 'cos my tummy's scolding me already", he chuckled softly before gesturing to a nearby waiter.

 

They're sure as hell rich.

 

And Chaeyoung's day went by like that. Turns out she also shares her second and last subject with the twins so they get to know each other better. It was relieving for her to know that she atleast made a friend in a place where social status was the basis of acceptance.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

When Chaeyoung got home, she immediately filled her parents with stories about Crossford. How majestic the school is, and how she already made a friend in the form of the twins. But she left out the negative part. She doesn't want to ruin her parents mood so she kept it to herself.

 

The next day went pretty smooth. She was currently heading to her second class, which she also shares with the twins. Turns out they’re also taking up Music that’s why they share a few subjects together.

 

She entered the building and it was pretty quiet here compared to other buildings. She was about to press the elevator button when she heard some people talking on the left curve of the hallway. She got curious because the place was so quiet and she’s hearing them clearly. So Chaeyoung being Chaeyoung, she slowly approached the group on her tippy toes and discreetly hid behind a wall.

 

“P-Please forgive me! I really didn’t notice y-you walking this way. I’m so s-sorry, please.”

 

She saw a girl kneeling on the floor and repeatedly bowing her head, she looks frightened and her voice was quivering as she mumbles an apology.

 

Chaeyoung adjusted her sight a little more and her eyes formed a perfect shape of O when she saw the people infront of the girl. It was them. It was the trio from yesterday.

 

“You didn’t see me? Who even allowed you to run around this building like this is some playground?” the brunette with cat-like eyes spoke with the same expression as yesterday, cold and stoic. “Give that to me.”

 

The brunette gestured to the cup of iced coffee the kneeling girl was holding, and the poor girl complied with shaking hands. “Next time, choose the person you’re going to bump into”, she uncapped the iced coffee, “I hate to break it to you, but you chose the wrong one.”

 

Chaeyoung almost gasped audibly when the brunette nonchalantly poured the iced coffee over the poor girl’s head who was now crying silently. The two other girls behind just shrugged as if it’s a normal sight to see.

 

And Chaeyoung couldn’t just stand there and watch. She’s not an advocate of human rights but she knows she has to do something when someone is in distress. She was just really born with a heart of gold.

 

So she jumped out from the wall she was hiding and confronted the trio with a balled fist, “Who gives you the right to do that to her?!” she approaches the kneeling girl and helps her stand on her feet, “Do you know that this is bullying?!”

 

The girl clutched on the hem of her uniform and gave her a ‘back-out-now-before-it’s-too-late’ look. As if she’s telling her that she’s making a very wrong decision. But Chaeyoung won’t budge. She stands firm and looked at the brunette straight in the eyes.

 

She takes her time to eye the trio and almost gave in as she noticed how beautiful they really are upclose. They absolutely stand out among all the students in Crossford. But now’s not the time to fangirl, and she’s definitely not a fan of bullying.

 

“And who the hell are you?” the brunette deadpanned, her expression unfazed.

 

“Must be a new student if she doesn’t know us”, the girl with violet hair spoke behind her.

 

“Or maybe she’s friends with that little piece of trash? Why do I always have to stumble upon garbages?” the brunette added.

 

Wait- did she just call me...garbage?! Chaeyoung thought.

 

“If you don’t stop this, I’ll report you to the guidance office”, Chaeyoung said with a threat.

 

She felt the girl beside her shook her head vigorously and whispers a hushed ‘it’s no use’. Just then, the trio laughed humorlessly, as if mocking her.

 

“You got a fierce one here, Nini”, the tallest among the three, the girl with blonde hair smirks behind.

 

Chaeyoung clears an invisible lump in as the brunette stepped a little closer to her, and she swears those eyes were intimidating her big time.

 

“Get out of my way, or you’ll be living in the streets”, the brunette said with a straight face.

 

Chaeyoung was getting mad. She hates people who think so highly of themselves. Like they can buy anyone’s life just because they have money and power.

 

“Who gave you the right to make people’s lives miserable?!” she was fuming, “Just, who do you think you are?!”

 

The brunette gave her a look of disbelief before answering, “South Korea’s richest heiress. Google it, .”

 

That arrogance made Chaeyoung’s blood boil that she unconsciously took the cup of iced coffee that the cat-eyed girl was still holding. And gasps were heard when Chaeyoung abruptly poured the remaining content of the cup on the brunette’s Chanel dress.

 

“Richest heiress, my .”

 

She dragged the girl beside her and made a dash outside the building, leaving the trio shocked and speechless.

 

And a coffee stain on the brunette’s limited edition dress.