36th

Falling All In You

All her life, Lisa has been with Jisoo and Jennie. They knew each other since they were in diapers. Some people would think they just became friends because of their families. But it's really more than that. They just...clicked together. And ever since, the three girls became inseparable. They restricted other people from entering their circle not because they think very highly of themselves, but because for them, no one else would understand the bond that they have besides each other.

 

The Legendary Trio. They were admired, praised, and feared by many. They've got the looks, brains, wealth, power. Almost everyone was dying just to be them, or even just to be in the same level as them.

 

But Lisa didn't want that. She never cared about attention, nor about what people think of them. She just wanted to be with her friends. She just wanted to be there to support them in every way. So much as tolerating their bad habits of humiliating people.

 

Jennie used to be a sweet girl. Same with Jisoo. But there were really just circumstances that changed them. Just because they're rich doesn't mean they're happy. Jennie specifically, hated the world. She lost her mom, never really had a dad...so she cursed the world for that. She became this horrible person who lives by bullying people, humiliating them until they give up on life.

 

But Lisa tolerated that. Because she understands Jennie's pain. She sympathized with her. And she's her bestfriend. So she lets her.

 

Lisa thought she can bear that...until Roseanne Park came into the picture.

 

Ever since she laid her eyes on the girl, she knew she was different. From the way she talked back to Jennie, to how she spilled coffee on her dress, hell she even had the guts to slap The Jennie Kim. So Lisa started admiring her for that.

 

She really likes the duality of the girl. From being the tough Roseanne who fought Jennie back, to this cute chipmunk girl who really has an adorable smile. Lisa admires her. She loves seeing the girl.

 

But she was too tough. Tough enough to make Jennie Kim step up her game and draw her last card. And when Lisa learned about Jensoo's plan, she was far from delighted. She hated it. She hated the idea of toying someone's emotions.

 

But she couldn't do anything. So she lets them again.

 

She wished she could've done something sooner, though. Especially now that she can see how deep Roseanne had fallen into Jennie's trap. Lisa couldn't bear to see her hurting once Jennie finally decided to dump her.

 

She can't bear to see her hurting. Especially now that she's starting to feel more for the girl.

 

She likes her. 

 

She likes Roseanne Park.

 

"Lisa, your turn."

 

She snapped from her trail of thoughts upon hearing her dad's voice. She didn't realize she's been thinking too deep.

 

Lifting the rook, she positioned it three squares forward. Three more moves and she's about to checkmate his dad.

 

"Nice move there", her dad comments before positioning the queen two times back to block her plan, "But it ain't work on me."

 

Lisa hisses under her breathe. She knows she can never beat her father in chess no matter how much she practiced.

 

"Why are you good at this", she whined as she makes another move.

 

Her dad just chuckled before lifting the queen once more. And before Lisa could even blink... "Checkmate."

 

Lisa breathes out and shakes her head in wonder. This just marks her 100th defeat against her father.

 

"This is why I don't want to play with you anymore", she said in a playful manner.

 

Her dad leans back against his seat, chuckling at the blonde, "Hey, it's been so long since we last played. When was it? Last summer break?"

 

It was true. It's been months since she last hangout with her dad. They used to spend more time together before the semester started.

 

"I got caught up with school work. And dance", she reasoned out.

 

"Were you really studying? I thought you were just clubbing with Jisoo and Jennie", her dad teases.

 

"What, dad! You know I can't even handle alcohol well."

 

That reminded her of her terrible hangover the other day. Man, she was regretting that so bad.

 

"It's okay to have a little fun every once in a while, kid. I notice you've been looking down the past few weeks. Something going on?"

 

She looks at her father before shaking her head, "Nah, just school and stuff. Exams just ended, so."

 

"Oh right", her father nodded, "Speaking of school, I remember giving scholarship to this girl last summer. I forgot her name."

 

Lisa snaps his head back to her father in interest, before she answers, "Roseanne Park."

 

Her dad gave her a surprised look, "You know her?"

 

"Hm. She's...our friend now."

 

"You three? You have other friend now besides each other? That's some news."

 

Lisa playfully rolls her eyes, "She's nice."

 

"She is", her dad agrees, "Such a beautiful coincidence that she's your friend now. That girl saved my life."

 

Lisa's ears perked up hearing that. She really haven't had a chance to ask her father about Rosie's scholarship, so mentioning it now sparks her interest.

 

"She saved your life?"

 

Her father nodded, "Remember last summer when I was rushed into the hospital?"

 

"Yeah, when you had a heart attack?"

 

"Hm. I was alone at the office when it happened. I suddenly couldn't breathe. It was like oxygen was being out from my body, I couldn't even walk to the intercom to call for help", her dad started the story, "Then suddenly, this girl came barging into my office. With no hesitation, she held me up and helped me take my emergency pill."

 

Lisa was listening intently. She had no idea this happened.

 

"If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't have made it to the hospital. Maybe I'm gone now if she didn't come."

 

"Wait, but what was she doing in M.M. building?", she asks in curiosity.

 

"My investigators said she went there to deliver a dumpling order."

 

She looks down at her hand still processing the information. She couldn't believe she let Rosie suffer under Jennie's hands, when the girl practically saved her father.

 

"Hey, Lisa. Invite her over for lunch some other time. I know it's long overdue but I want to personally thank her for saving my life."

 

Lisa couldn't form a word to speak. She feels bad. God she feels so bad. They made her go through hell even though they knew the girl did nothing wrong. All the sufferings Rosie went through because of them.

 

She didn't deserve it. She didn't deserve all of it. Rosie has been nothing but an angel. She saved her dad. But she just let Jennie toy her.

 

Lisa cannot tolerate this anymore. She needs to save Rosie.

 

~•~

 

"I'm going to play it now, Chaeng", Jennie said while fumbling with the remote control, pizza on .

 

"I'll just bring this back to the library real quick!", Chaeyoung scolded her while holding a literature book.

 

They're currently at Blackpink's private hangout room inside Crossford and got a 2-hour lunch break, so the couple decided to watch Crash Landing On You while waiting for their next class. Jennie was especially giddy about the show.

 

"We're two weeks away from Christmas break, Chaeng. Stop being a bookworm", the brunette told her while munching on her food.

 

The taller girl just rolled her eyes before walking to the door, “I need to bring this book back to the library now. I won’t have time later. Wait for me, okay? Let’s watch it together!”

 

Jennie replied a high-pitched, “Alright!”, and watches her girlfriend left the room.

 

The brunette was flipping through the series when a few seconds later, she heard the door opened. Thinking it was Chaeyoung, she tipped her head towards the door only to find Lisa standing before her.

 

“Hey, Lili. Wanna watch with us?”, she asks her bestfriend with a wide smile.

 

She notices how the taller girl was wearing a grim face with an unreadable expression, and it kind of made her nervous.

 

“We should talk, Jennie”, Lisa said in firm voice.

 

Jennie’s instinct was right. There’s really something off with her bestfriend right now. No matter how many times they fought before because of stupid things, Lisa has never called her in her real name. It was always just Nini.

 

“What’s wrong, Lili?”, she placed down the remote control that she was holding and gives her full attention to the girl, “Take a seat.”

 

“It’s about Rosie.”

 

Jennie’s forehead creases at the mention of her girlfriend’s name, “What about her?”

 

She saw Lisa heaves out a breath before answering, “Stop playing with her now, Jennie. I don’t know what else you’re planning to do to her, but you have to stop this game you and Jisoo started.”

 

The brunette fell even more confused, “What? What game, Li—”

 

“Stop beating around the bush, Jen. You exactly know what I’m talking about”, Lisa spat, “You started a game with Jisoo, right? Because you can’t beat Rosie using your pranks. You can’t make her give up so you agreed to do the jisoo way. You befriended her, earned her trust, made her fall in love with you. And when she’s in too deep, you’re going to dump her and break her heart, and viola! You succeed in getting your stupid revenge.”

 

Jennie couldn’t believe she’s hearing all of this from Lisa. Hell, she almost forgotten about that bet already. That game was long done when she started falling for Chaeyoung...for real.

 

Wait. Oh right. Lisa didn’t know. Lisa’s been distant lately that she had missed to tell her that she already called off the game.

 

“I had a conversation with my dad”, Lisa continues, “You know what he told me? He told me he gave the scholarship to Rosie because she ing saved his life. Jen, Rosie saved my dad’s life. And I feel horrible for being a part of whatever this is that you’re doing to her. Rosie didn’t deserve any of it.”

 

Jennie wanted to say something. She wanted to defend herself. But the anger in Lisa’s eyes was keeping her mum. Suddenly, she couldn’t find her tongue.

 

“You already got what you wanted. She already fell for you. That’s enough, Jennie”, the tall girl said in the coldest voice she has ever heard from her, “Stop toying with Rosie’s heart.”

 

They fell into an excruciating silence after Lisa speaks, and Jennie got up to her feet to start and try explaining everything to her bestfriend. But before she could even open , the door once again opened.

 

Revealing a dejected-looking Chaeyoung.

 

Both girls turned to her in utter shock, especially Jennie, whose hands are starting to tremble.

 

“C-Chaeng...”

 

Chaeyoung was gripping on the doorknob tightly while she clenches her jaw, “Before you could even ask me, I’ll answer you...Yes, I heard everything.”

 

Jennie felt like falling. She never once thought that everything will come down to this.

 

“Now, I’ll ask you just one question, and I want you to be completely honest with me”, Chaeyoung said with quivering voice, trying to push back her tears, “Was it true? What Lisa said...was it true?”

 

Jennie couldn’t think straight. She couldn’t answer, because she knows once it escapes , she’s gonna lose Chaeyoung forever.

 

“Chaeng...”

 

“Just answer me, Jennie!”, the blonde raised her voice, startling both of the girls, “Did you really just befriend me so you could have your revenge?!”

 

Jennie shuts her eyes and hung her head low in frustration. This is all her fault. And the least she could do is to be honest with Chaeyoung.

 

So she nodded. Feeling that clench in her heart, she nodded at her, “Yes. It was true.”

 

All of the tears that Chaeyoung was trying to hold back were now falling down her face, “God, I...”

 

And Jennie hated herself. She hated herself for doing this to Chaeyoung. She hated herself for making her cry.

 

“I was too naive, I didn’t notice”, Chaeyoung was breaking down, “Everything you did...I...how could I have not noticed?!”

 

“Chaeyoung, please hear me out fi—”

 

“God, you even made me meet your dad! Was that a part of your plan too, huh?! You really went that far?!”

 

Jennie wanted to hold her. She wanted to tell her how much she’s regretting that plan. She wanted to reassure her that what she’s feeling now is real. That her feelings for her are real.

 

But the words were stuck at the back of her tongue.

 

“Chaeng, please...”

 

“You’re a horrible person, Jennie”, Chaeyoung’s eyes were met with hers and god do they look so broken, “I don’t want to see your face ever again.”

 

She broke her. When all Chaeyoung did was mend the broken pieces of herself. When all Chaeyoung did was show her that there’s more to life than agony and pain. When all Chaeyoung did was teach her how to love herself even in her most unlovable state.

 

Yet she broke her.

 

The door slammed with a loud thud as Chaeyoung runs away from them. And she wanted nothing more than to stop her and beg her to stay.

 

But she’s gone.

 

Jennie now understands why they call it a heartbreak. Because she could feel it physically inside her chest. And god how it hurts so much.

 

She lets her tears fall and watches everything crash down on her. All she could think about was the unspoken words still hanging at the back of . The words she never got, and probably will never get to say...

 

I love you, Chaeyoung.

 

~•~

 

 

Hello! I was so excited to post this chapter, so please don’t kill me heh 💔