45th

Falling All In You

“Jennie’s arriving in two hours, mom!”

 

Chaeyoung yelled from her room while fixing her blonde locks. She checks her dress and her ‘barely there’ make-up, which she really thought wasn’t enough, but lets it be since she doesn’t really fancy make-ups that much.

 

She swiftly takes her coat and bag from the hanger, and left her room in a hurry.

 

“You’ll pick her up at the airport?”, her mom asked, washing the dishes.

 

“Yup!”, Chaeyoung steps on her shoes.

 

“With your scooter?”

 

“I— no, mom. I mean, I won’t pick her up like, with a car, ‘cos I don’t have one. But I’m going to welcome her home, like, y’know”, she shyly glances at her mom’s way.

 

“Aigoo, I guess it’s true when they say absence makes the heart grow fonder”, Mrs. Park teases, “You young cringey couple.”

 

“Mooom!”

 

“Why, it’s true. Do you think I don’t hear you getting all lovey-dovey on the phone?”

 

“I— why were you eavesdropping, mom??”

 

“I’m not? Jennie’s on speaker, dumb dumb”, her mom bubbles in a laugh.

 

“Real nice, mom”, Chaeyoung playfully rolls her eyes.

 

“It’s cute, though? I can see how Jennie loves you so much. And I couldn’t be any happier as a parent.”

 

“Aww, mom. Now, don’t make me cry after I struggled applying this make-up”, the blonde playfully whines.

 

“You’ll still be the prettiest in Jennie’s eyes even with smudged make-up, I just know it”, Mrs. Park lets out a chuckle, “Hurry now and get your girl.”

 

Chaeyoung blushes before nodding, “Oh, by the way, mom.”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Um...I’m gonna sleepover at Jennie’s”, she lightly bites on her bottom lip.

 

“Oh, sure. Just...well...”, her mother wriggles a brow knowingly at her, “Just take things slow, okay? I’m not ready to be a grandma yet.”

 

“What, I— mooom!!”

 

The blonde brings both of her hands to cover her face in embarrassment. Just, what was her mom thinking??

 

“I’m kidding, I’m kidding”, Mrs. Park laughs, “Now go before Jennie arrives without you.”

 

Chaeyoung juts out her lips in a pout but nodded, “I’ll come home tomorrow. Bye, mom! Love you!”

 

She left the house with a big smile on her face, and proceeds to book a cab. There’s no way she’s bringing her scooter when she knows she’ll end up riding on Jennie’s car anyway.

 

It was a good 30 minutes in the ride, and they’re only a few meters away from the airport, when a certain shop at the sidewalk caught Chaeyoung’s eyes. She smiled to herself and told the driver she’ll get off right there. She’ll just walk her way to the airport later.

 

So after paying for the ride, she gets off and walks straight to the flower shop she spotted.

 

“Welcome! What can I get you?”, the staff greeted politely.

 

Chaeyoung responded with a smile before looking around. There was a variety of beautiful flower displays covering most of the shop. From red roses, to pink tulips. There are a lot to choose from. But she already knew what to buy.

 

“I’d like to get a bouquet of daisies”, she told the staff.

 

She remembers how Jennie likes white daisies very much. It’s even the design of her phone cover.

 

“White daisies with bright yellow center. Pure love”, the staff commented before starting to prepare the bouquet, “Your girl is lucky, miss.”

 

Chaeyoung’s lips curl into a smile before answering, “Trust me, I’m luckier.”

 

~•~

 

Chaeyoung sat patiently at the waiting area of the airport, bouquet of fresh daisies in her hand. She checks her time and notes that it’s only a few minutes before Jennie’s plane lands.

 

She felt nervous all of a sudden, she didn’t even know why. Maybe because they’ve been apart for too long, and she’ll finally be seeing her again. Not just on the screen of her phone, but physically, she could finally hold her again.

 

Her wristwatch ticked at exactly 5:00 P.M., and she held her phone expectantly. Not long after, it rang, and the caller ID that flashed on her screen almost made her jump from her seat due to excitement.

 

“Hey”, she answers the call.

 

“Hi! I just landed. Still getting my luggages checked. Where are you?”, she heard Jennie spoke on the other line.

 

Chaeyoung stood on her feet and approaches the arrival area with thumping chest, “I’m here.”

 

The brunette chuckles on the phone, “I know. But where exactly is ‘here’, Chaeyoung?”

 

She hastens her steps while occasionally looking around, “I’m...almost there.”

 

“What? One thing you’re ‘here’, then the next, you’re ‘there’”, Jennie laughs, “Look, I’m done here. I’ll just go to where you are.”

 

“No. I’m actually...here already.”

 

Chaeyoung puts her phone down and plasters a very wide smile as she slowly walks towards the brunette who has her back facing her. The girl seems confused as to why she ended the call and started looking around.

 

And that’s when their eyes met.

 

You know those cliché scenes in the films where the world seemed to have stopped spinning when the two leads finally met.

 

Slo-mo. That was what they felt at that very moment.

 

“Hey”, the tall blonde steps in closer to the girl.

 

“Hey to you, too”, Jennie responds, her gummy smile showing off as her eyes fall on the bouquet Chaeyoung was holding, “Are those for me?”

 

“Oh, right”, Chaeyoung scratches the back of her neck before handing her the flowers, “Daisies for you.”

 

The brunette takes them and lets her eyes linger on them in appreciation, “This is the first time you gave me flowers.”

 

“Hm. And this is definitely not gonna be the last.”

 

Jennie lifts her chin up and met Chaeyoung’s loving gaze. They’re soft. Too soft for the world that all she could ever think at the moment was jump in her arms.

 

So she did. She leapt onto the tall blonde and wraps her short arms around the girl’s waist as tightly as she can, burying her face on her shoulder.

 

“They’re beautiful. Thank you, Chaeng”, she whispers.

 

Chaeyoung embraces her back just as tightly and kisses the top of her head, “I missed you.”

 

“I missed you more.”

 

“I missed you most.”

 

“I missed you mostest.”

 

The blonde laughs and lightly hits her girlfriend, “That’s been used way too many times!”

 

“You still laugh at it, though”, Jennie lifts her head and makes a cute face at the other girl.

 

“Only because you’re the one who said it.”

 

“Biased.”

 

Chaeyoung leans in and places a small kiss on the brunette’s lips, earning a chuckle from the girl.

 

“You do know that we’re still in the middle of the airport, right?”, Jennie reminds her.

 

“And?”

 

“There are so many people. I’m shy.”

 

“Pfft- you gotta be kidding me, Jennie Kim”, she laughs, “So you don’t want my kisses?”

 

“I dooo! Of course, I do”, Jennie puckers her lips and presses a few soft pecks on her girlfriend’s lips, “But I want more. So can we go home already?”

 

Chaeyoung nodded, “You must be tired, too.”

 

“Sitting on that plane for almost 12 hours. Man, I’m beat up”, the shorter girl pouted, “I just want to lay on bed and cuddle you.”

 

“How about dinner?”

 

“Let’s just grab food along the way.”

 

“Alright, then, miss shorty.”

 

~•~

 

The ride to Jennie’s mansion took about almost an hour because of heavy traffic. Good thing, they bought dinner while on the way, so when they reached the mansion, they went straight to Jennie’s room.

 

“Ah, my bed”, the brunette plops down on the soft mattress, face first.

 

Chaeyoung chuckles at the sight before sitting on the edge of the bed beside the girl, “Take a shower first. You might fall asleep.”

 

Jennie shifts and positioned her head on Chaeyoung’s lap, “Later. Let’s stay like this for a while.”

 

The blonde nodded and proceeds to caress the girl’s hair with her hand, “So how’s your supermodel friends in Paris?”

 

Jennie chuckled, “They’re giants. I don’t like them. There’s only one giant that I like.”

 

She reaches for Chaeyoung’s other hand and presses soft kisses on the knuckles.

 

“It feels good to have you here”, she spoke again, “Is it just me, or you really get prettier every time?”

 

The blonde blushes and lightly flicks her forehead, “I see Paris did nothing to your pick-up lines. Still corny as ever.”

 

“Your chipmunk cheeks are red, though”, Jennie lifts a hand to pinch them, “I missed these.”

 

“I missed you, Jen.”

 

Their eyes linger on each other for a little while, before Jennie pushes herself up and kisses the girl. It was deep and passionate, and Chaeyoung melted right there and then as she kisses her back.

 

Both couldn’t explain how much they missed each other’s lips. How they mold so perfectly against each other.

 

Chaeyoung places a hand at the back of Jennie’s neck and pulls her impossibly closer. Neither of them wanting to break the kiss.

 

It was only when oxygen was badly needed that they had to part.

 

“I missed that, too”, the brunette muttered, gasping a little, “Why does it feel hot all of a sudden?”

 

Chaeyoung blushes, thoughts entering her mind, “That’s why you should take a shower now.”

 

Jennie chuckles, “Yeah, maybe I should.”

 

She got up, but stopped midway when she remembered something.

 

“Wait, by the way”, Jennie said with creased forehead, “Do you know what happened to Lisa and Jisoo?”

 

“Lisa and Jisoo? No? Why?”, Chaeyoung asks back.

 

“I don’t know. They suddenly flew out of the country.”

 

“Together?”

 

“No. And that’s the thing. We used to celebrate holidays together. Every single year. Just the three of us”, Jennie started, “But when I called them, Jisoo said she’s in Amsterdam. And Lisa said she’s in New Zealand.”

 

“What?”

 

“I know right? Like, all of a sudden. They didn’t plan that at all”, the brunette pinches her chin, “I feel like something’s off. Do you know if they had a fight or something?”

 

“Well, the last time I saw them, they were golfing together. And they seem good?”, Chaeyoung answered just as confused.

 

“That’s weird. I’ve never seen them fight either. But why would they go to different sides of the world?”

 

“Maybe we can call them tomorrow?”

 

Jennie could only nod, “Yeah, maybe we should.”

 

Chaeyoung stared off at the window trying to think if something’s off about the two girls when she last saw them in the country club, but they really seemed fine. What could’ve happened?

 

She was about to dismiss the thoughts when she noticed something outside the window. She got up from the bed, pulled Jennie with her, and drew out the curtains to take a better look.

 

“Oh my god”, she blurted.

 

“What, I...”, confused Jennie follows her gaze, and saw what she was looking at, “Oh.”

 

“Jen, it’s the first snow of the season!”

 

Chaeyoung’s face lit up as she watches tiny drops of snow slowly falling from the sky.

 

“It is”, the brunette watches the girl’s amused expression, and couldn’t help a smile.

 

“Let’s go out!”

 

“What, wai—”

 

Before Jennie could even protest, she was already being dragged by a giddy Chaeyoung out of the room. She somehow managed to take their coats from the hanger.

 

~•~

 

“It’s really snowing”, Chaeyoung mumbles in amusement as they stood at the backyard of the mansion.

 

“Why do you look like you have seen snow for the first time?”, the brunette chuckles, stuffing her cold hands inside the pockets of her coat.

 

“No, but. This just feels like Christmas is really about to come”, she laid out a hand and lets droplets of snow hit her.

 

“Hm. We’re two weeks away from Christmas.”

 

“Do you know the meaning of the first snow in Korea?”, the blonde turns to her girlfriend, nose starting to redden because of the cold.

 

“What is?”

 

“They say, if you watch the first snow with your loved one, then true love will bloom between you.”

 

Jennie stares up at the sky and lets the cold droplets hit her face, before turning back to the girl beside her, “If that’s the case, then I guess you’ll be stuck with me for a really long time.”

 

Chaeyoung bites back a smile, “How long?”

 

The shorter girl gently pulls her close, “How does forever sound?”

 

Chaeyoung felt that thumping in her chest again. They’re out in the cold but she could feel warmth in her insides. That comforting warmth that only Jennie can bring.

 

“God, you’re so sweet”, she loosely loops her arms around the girl’s waist, pulling her in, “Is this what jet lag did to you?”

 

Jennie chuckles, “That actually reminds me. My tiredness magically disappeared. The things Park Chaeyoung do to me.”

 

The taller girl presses their foreheads together, feeling each other’s warmth.

 

“Jen?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“You’ll be celebrating Christmas with us, right?”

 

“Of course, baby.”

 

Chaeyoung smiles at the endearment, “What would you love for Christmas?”

 

“You know the answer.”

 

“What?”

 

Jennie lifts both of her hands up to cup Chaeyoung’s face, caressing it as gently as she can, “You can ask me all the things I love...and I’ll be saying your name all over again.”

 

~•~

 

 

We’re two weeks away from the ending! I’ve been emotionally invested in this story, I don’t want to finish it either. 

 

But I guess, all things must come to an end, yeah? 🥺