26th

Falling All In You

Weekend came and Chaeyoung has never been this excited her whole life. Ever since their confession that Thursday night, there was never a single morning that she would wake up not smiling. She has just never imagined Jennie to be the romantic type/ever-so-cheesy person. 

 

Well, they still bicker every now and then though, especially whenever Jennie's teasing her and spamming her pictures of avocados. Chaeyoung will respond by spamming the brunette pictures of hedgehogs. And then they'll end up facetiming until Jennie falls asleep on her because she's actually a baby.

 

This is Chaeyoung's first shot in a romantic set-up, and boy does it feel so nice.

 

"Chaeyoung-ah! Jennie's here already!", she heard her mom called from the living room.

 

Her lips automatically curled into a smile, and she checks herself in the mirror one last time before leaving her room. She was dressed in some casual jeans and coat to match the chilly weather of that Sunday afternoon. She also put on some light makeup that compliments her skin well.

 

Why does it feel like she's going on a date?

 

Well, technically, they're really going out on a date. Jennie asked her if she wanted to spend the weekend somewhere, and she immediately thought of one place she’s been wanting to visit ever since.

 

So, yeah, here she is now standing infront of the brunette, both holding a stupid smile like they haven’t seen each other in a long time.

 

“Ready?”, Jennie asked with a sly smile.

 

“Why do you sound like you’re planning to take me somewhere else?”, Chaeyoung squints her eyes playfully.

 

“What- I don’t know what you’re talking about”, the brunette laughs, “Can you walk normally now?”

 

She nodded, “Hmm. I still have to be careful with my steps, though. But I can walk just fine now.”

 

“Get going now, kids”, Mrs. Park interrupted them, “And have fun, okay?”

 

Chaeyoung could only shake her head. Her mom seems more excited than she is.

 

“Alright, we’ll get going now!”

 

They bid a quick goodbye to her parents, and went out. Chaeyoung was a little surprised when she didn’t see Jennie’s car outside. Turns out they’re riding her scooter because Jennie reasoned, ‘Your scooter rested for a week. We gotta make sure it’s not rusting before you could use it tomorrow for school.’

 

For all we know, Jennie’s just enjoying whenever Chaeyoung would wrap her arms around her waist when they’re strolling. Not too slick, small teeth.

 

They strolled for around 20 minutes until they reached their destination, and after properly parking their ride, they headed straight inside this huge complex downtown.

 

“I can’t believe I’m finally going to visit this place!”, Chaeyoung blurted enthusiastically while doing small jumps.

 

Jennie chuckles in amusement, “Yah, if you trip your ankle again, I swear to god, Park Chaeyoung.”

 

Chaeyoung poses a peace sign, “Just excited.”

 

“So you’ve really never been to an aquarium before?”, the brunette asks once they reached the entrance of the aquarium park.

 

Chaeyoung shakes her head, “I’ve always planned to, but never got the chance to really go.”

 

Jennie pays for their tickets, and they headed inside.

 

“So, what is it with you and your love for fishes?”

 

“I told you, I am one with the marine life”, the taller girl chuckles, “I just find them really beautiful and amusing. Plus! I have Joohwangie, remember?”

 

“Oh right. That smartass fish who follows wherever your hand goes”, Jennie mimics the girl’s expression.

 

“He’s so smart, right?! I told yo—”, Chaeyoung cuts her word when they entered the large aquarium glass tunnel surrounded by different kinds of ocean life, “I- wow! Jennie, look!”

 

Chaeyoung carefully runs towards the glass and watches the fishes swim in awe, while Jennie just watches her from behind. It amuses the brunette how satisfying it is to just watch the girl watching fishes with slightly agape mouth. Her cute chipmunk cheeks showing as her eyes wander through the spacious man-made ocean.

 

“Jennie Kim, why the hell are you just standing there?”

 

Jennie was brought back to her senses when she heard the girl calling her. She responded with her signature gummy smile, before joining the blonde in watching.

 

“That’s some really big whaaale!”, Chaeyoung pointed animatedly through the thick glass, “And look at those cute little yellow fishes!”

 

“Won’t the whale eat them?”, Jennie asked.

 

“I— what? Why would the whale eat them? They’re all friends!”

 

“I don’t know. Because the whale’s so big. Wait...”, Jennie pauses and turns to Chaeyoung knowingly, “Ever wonder how the whale got so big?”

 

“I—”

 

Jennie laughs a little loud, earning a soft hit from the taller girl.

 

“Yah, you’re ruining my childhood!”

 

“I really thought whales eat small fishes, though.”

 

“Yeah, but not those. They mostly eat planktons and krills.”

 

“I see. So this whale is on a diet, huh.”

 

Chaeyoung glares at her and she just sticks her tongue out playfully. 

 

They continued watching while slowly walking down the tunnel. Chaeyoung was especially ecstatic when she saw some fishes identical to Joohwangie, and Jennie offered to take pictures of her with the marine. They also took some pictures together with a large turtle behind them.

 

They reached the end of the tunnel and passed by a small man-made pond with several Koi fishes. A staff approached them and told them that they can feed the fishes, so they took the experience. Chaeyoung was laughing so hard at a scared Jennie who thought that the fish will bite her hand.

 

“That wasn’t so bad, was it?”, Chaeyoung asked teasingly as they leave the pond.

 

“As long as they don’t bite me, I’m good.”

 

“Dude, their teeth are in the back of their throat. That can’t reach your hand.”

 

“What??”

 

“What what? You didn’t know that?”

 

“I don’t know. I thought teeth are supposed to be in the mouth.”

 

“Well, fishes are different”, Chaeyoung clicks her tongue, “And besides, their teeth are reaaally small. Like, way smaller than yours.”

 

“I— why does our conversation always end up with my teeth??”

 

“Cos they’re cute”, Chaeyoung smiles and ran ahead, “Like you.”

 

Jennie paused on her tracks and watches the blonde run around, subtly biting the inside of her cheeks to stop herself from smiling. The faint blush on her cheeks failed her, though.

 

They reached a large pool with people crowding around, and learned that dancing dolphins are currently having a show, so they stopped by to watch. Chaeyoung was so entertained that she didn’t notice Jennie’s eyes were on her the whole time. For Jennie, watching Chaeyoung’s amused reaction was way more satisfying.

 

Couple more hours and the sky was already dark when their aquarium park tour ended. Chaeyoung requested that they rest for a while because her foot aches a little with all the walking, so they settled on the nearest bench they spotted.

 

“I told you not to run around, didn’t I?”, Jennie scolded in a soft voice while trying to lift the girl’s foot on her lap, “Let me see it.”

 

“Hey, it’s not hurting like before. Just a little. Maybe because of all the walking. But I’ll be fine, really.”

 

The brunette makes some soft presses on Chaeyoung’s ankle, “Are you sure?”

 

“Yup! Hundred percent sure.”

 

“Alright. Just make sure to rest it properly tonight so you can go to school tomorrow.”

 

“Hmm. I really need to go to school already. I bet I missed a lot of lectures”, the blonde says while carefully placing her foot back on the ground, “Anyways, aren’t you hungry? Do you wanna grab a bite first?”

 

“Hmm actually...I think I want to eat...seafoods—”, Jennie laughs at her own remark, and Chaeyoung hit her softly on the shoulder.

 

“Right after watching those cute little water creatures over there, really, Jennie Kim??”, Chaeyoung laughs with her, “You dork.”

 

They let their laughs die down for a while, before Jennie spoke again.

 

“Hey, Chaeng?”

 

“Hm?”

 

“Thank you for today.”

 

Chaeyoung turns to Jennie, and the girl was already smiling, “Thank you, too. I really had fun.”

 

“So, can we consider this...our...um”, the brunette stutters, “You know...first date?”

 

They both looked away with reddened cheeks.

 

“Of course, I mean”, Chaeyoung clears , “I think this is what we both think it is.”

 

“So the feeling is really mutual?”

 

Chaeyoung turns to the girl again and nodded. This time, Jennie didn’t bother hiding her smile anymore.

 

“It feels so nice, you know?”, she told the blonde.

 

“What is?”

 

“To know that you like me, too.”

 

It’s Chaeyoung’s turn to smile shyly, “Well, it just happened. And I don’t want to lie to myself anymore.”

 

Jennie’s now smiling like crazy.

 

“What’s with that face, Jen?”, Chaeyoung chuckles.

 

“I’m just really happy.”

 

Jennie stares at the girl’s beautiful face with all admiration, and affectionately tucks a loose strand of hair at the back of the girl’s ear.

 

“Have I told you you’re beautiful?”, Jennie says with a soft voice.

 

Chaeyoung bites back a smile and whines, “Jennie Kim!”

 

“What? I’m just stating a fact”, Jennie smiles toothily, “How can you be cute and beautiful at the same time?”

 

“If this is about my chipmunk cheeks again, I swear!”

 

“But they’re really cute! Look”, the brunette softly presses the girl’s cheek, “And they’re so red. Why are they red?”

 

“Jennie Kim, you!”

 

“Ah, I think I know how to stop them from being red.”

 

Jennie leans over and presses a soft kiss on Chaeyoung’s cheek.

 

“Eh? It just got even more red”, Jennie teased.

 

“That’s it, I’m leaving you here!”, Chaeyoung puffs her cheeks and stood up.

 

“Hey, I thought we’re still having seafoods?”, Jennie stood up as well and watches as the blonde starts stomping away.

 

She could only chuckle at the cuteness, and jogs to catch up to the girl. Once she reached Chaeyoung, she immediately wraps her arms around the girl’s waist from behind, locking her in a back hug.

 

“You’re so cute, do you know that?”, Jennie whispers.

 

“And you’re so annoying”, Chaeyoung answers, though she knows the girl was smiling as she said that.

 

“You like this annoying small teeth, though.”

 

“I do.”

 

“So we’re still having seafoods?”

 

Chaeyoung finally gave in and bubbles in a soft laugh.

 

“You dork.”

 

“Your dork.”

 

And just like that, Chaeyoung knows just how whipped she is for Jennie Kim.

 

~•~

 

Sooo...I disappeared? Heh. Just got caught up with work. But I came back just in time as Sour Candy finally releases! Have you guys heard it? Tell me what you think below. And as always, thank ya’ll for reading, and I love ya’ll ❤️