13th

Falling All In You

"So basically, you're telling us you helped her with her song, brought her to model for Chanel, and spent time with her in the arcade, yet she's still aloof as a tiger to you?"

 

Jisoo bubbles in a laugh after Jennie told her everything that had happened over the weekend. Lisa was hiding her face behind a pillow muffling her cackles.

 

"What is so funny with that?! I did all the impossible but she won't even soften to me!" Jennie blurted in frustration, "She even made me walk ten blocks far back and forth."

 

Jisoo looked at her in disbelief, "You? The Jennie Kim? Walked that far for a girl?? You gotta be kidding me."

 

"I sure wish I was kidding."

 

"Woah, you're THAT serious about this game, huh?"

 

"I told ya she's tough", Lisa commented before gesturing a thumbs down sign, "You don't stand a chance, Nini."

 

Jennie threw a pillow at the tall blonde who then bursts into a playful laugh.

 

"I told you to just kiss her already, Jen", Jisoo smirks, earning another flying pillow.

 

"I never back down, you guys know that. And no, kissing is not an option. I'll have it my way", Jennie stood up and looked through the window, "I'll have her my way."

 

~•~

 

Chaeyoung was walking through the hallways as her last class for the day just ended when she saw Blackpink approaching from the other side. She mentally rolled her eyes and muttered a quiet 'here we go again' when she saw Jennie smiled at her. She suddenly regretted walking alone. Just, where do the twins go everytime she needs them?

 

"Hey, Chaeyoung", Jennie greeted with a smile.

 

"Yo, Rosie!" Jisoo stepped in and gently nudged the blonde, "So, how was your sunday date with Jennie?"

 

Chaeyoung's eyes widened and backs out a little from the grinning girl, "Excuse me? It wasn't a date?!"

 

"Are you sure? Y'know Jennie doesn't just go out with someone, unless..."

 

"Unless she's hella bored and decided to randomly show up at your door to piss you off", Chaeyoung finished the sentence, rolling her eyes.

 

Jisoo subtly glanced at Jennie and motions her to say something, or more like to defend herself.

 

"Uh...I thought it was, Chaeyoung-ah", Jennie meekly spoke and mentally facepalms herself.

 

"You thought what?"

 

"I thought it was a date."

 

Jisoo bites back a smile at the remark. That was smooth, okay, Jennie Kim, keep it going.

 

"Excuse me? You practically dragged me out of my house and you call that a date??" Chaeyoung retorted with hands propped on her waist. 

 

"So it wasn't a date?"

 

"It wasn't a date!"

 

"Like, really not a date?"

 

"Like really not a date!"

 

"So, when can we go out on a date?"

 

"We can date when— wait what??!"

 

Jennie chuckles at Chaeyoung's reaction when she realized what she has just said. She finally outsmarted the girl.

 

"When can we date, Chaeng?" the brunette asked again in a teasing tone.

 

"You tricked me!" she accusedly pointed a finger to the girl, "I would never want to go on a date with you!"

 

A series of 'awww' and 'oooooh's were heard after that. Jennie should've felt insulted, but she just grew more eager to get what she wants.

 

"We'll see about that", she simply answered with a knowing smile, "By the way, do you still have classes?"

 

Chaeyoung suspiciously squinted her eyes at her, "No, I don't want to hangout."

 

"What? What hangout?"

 

"You're gonna drag me to god-knows-where again, aren't you?"

 

"Um...no? I was just gonna ask if you want to practice again? Y'know, for Wednesday?"

 

"Oh", Chaeyoung paused for a moment to think, "I'm planning to. But in my classmate's studio."

 

"I told you you can use my studio anytime", the brunette held her arm, "Let's go."

 

"What— I..."

 

Jisoo made a coughing sound and pulls Lisa with her, "I think Lisa and I should go now. We still have class. Have fun, you two, okay?"

 

"Wait— don't you...", Chaeyoung pointed a finger to Jennie, "...share the same classes together? You should go now, too!"

 

"We kicked her out of our class. So she's yours now. Bye, Rosie!" Jisoo answered before tossing her a playful wink and left with Lisa.

 

Chaeyoung then turned to the brunette who was staring at her with an awkward smile. She swears this girl will be the death of her.

 

"Your teeth are unbelievably small."

 

"I—"

 

She ended up practicing in Jennie's theater-like studio because she's honestly tired of putting up a fight. And she recalled their conversation last night and considers giving the brunette a chance, since the girl seems really sincere with her peace-making. She thought maybe people really change. Afterall, if God can forgive, how can she not?

 

Jennie helped her with her piece and they stayed until 5pm before Chaeyoung decided it's time to go home. Jennie, of course, took her home after that, but not forgetting to send her pink scooter home, too.

 

~•~

 

"Can we go shopping? I'm in the mood to spend today", Jisoo said while slightly stretching her short arms.

 

It was a Wednesday afternoon and Blackpink just came out of their private lecture room as their last class ended.

 

"Who are you kidding, Chu? We all know you're always in the mood to spend", Lisa retorted with a laugh before munching on a banana.

 

"Alright, let's just go to the bar, then, and pick up some girls."

 

"Nope", Jennie stopped walking and faced the two with a sly smile, "We're going to watch Roseanne's performance."

 

~•~

 

Chaeyoung was pacing back and forth while studying her material. She already memorized the lyrics by heart but she can't help but feel nervous. It's her first practical exam in Crossford and some of the professional musicians across the country will attend to judge, so she has to make a good impression.

 

"Calm down, Chaeng. I know you'll do well", Yin nudged her with a warm smile.

 

She chuckled softly and slumped herself on one of the seats in the auditorium, "I'm just really nervous. Y'know, this is our first practical. And first impressions last."

 

"And I'm sure we'll all do great because we're great like that", Yang jumped on them and laughed like he wasn't nervous at all.

 

"You're saying that because you're a genius", Chaeyoung teased.

 

"Nah, just practiced a lot. Y'know what they always say, practice makes perfect", he said grinning, "By the way, I thought you were planning to practice with us? What happened?"

 

The girl froze at the question. She hasn’t told the twins about what happened with her and Blackpink yet. If she tells them now that she ditched their supposed practice because she’s been practicing at Jennie’s studio, she’ll just be bombarded with questions.

 

I...uhm, actually—”

 

She was fortunately interrupted when the auditorium door opens and their Music professor entered along with the set of judges. The topic was instantly forgotten as nervousness came back to Chaeyoung. She looks around as the students started settling on their respective seats so they did the same.

 

The judges took the special seats infront and their professor went up to the stage probably to officially start the practical exam. But before he could even say something, the door opens once again and everyone in the auditorium, including Chaeyoung, gasped when they saw who just entered.

 

“Oh my god, why is Blackpink here?” one student exclaimed and the rest of the class started squealing and mumbling incoherent words.

 

Why the heck are they here. Chaeyoung thought.

 

The professor, who seemed surprised as well, went to greet the trio in panic, “L-Lady Jennie, Lady Jisoo, Lady Lisa...W-What brings you here?”

 

Chaeyoung saw Jennie glanced at her direction and smiled before answering, “We’re here to watch a friend.”

 

The professor wasn’t able to reply when Blackpink already walked passed him and took the seats just behind the judges.

 

Chaeyoung puffed her cheeks and stared at the trio in disbelief. She was so sure she’s the ‘friend’ Jennie’s talking about. But is she really that important that they even have to watch her performance? Or maybe Jennie just wanted to see the outcome of her revision? The brunette helped her afterall.

 

Her thoughts and the students’ squeals were dismissed when the professor finally spoke, officially starting the practical exam. They listened attentively as the first batch of students were called to perform. Chaeyoung belongs to the second batch so she waited and watched the performances of her classmates. Most of them were really good and that just adds up to her nervousness.

 

The first batch was finished after a while and it’s now Chaeyoung’s turn. She meekly stood up and walked up to the stage when the professor called her name. She introduced herself first and went to take a seat behind the large piano.

 

Jennie watched as Chaeyoung took a deep breath and started playing with the keys. She has seen her play this piece twice and she even helped with the lyrics. But she hasn’t heard her sing yet. The whole practice time, Chaeyoung has never sang the song while playing. And Jennie would be lying if she say she’s not curious how the girl’s voice sound.

 

(a/n: let’s just all pretend that this is Chaeng’s original asdfghjkl)

 

“So close, with you on my lips;

Touch noses, feeling your breath;

Push your heart and pull away, yeah;

Be my summer in a winter day love;”

 

Once Chaeyoung started singing, it was like Jennie has forgotten all the impressions she has for the girl.

 

“I can't see one thing wrong;

Between the both of us;

Be mine, be mine, yeah;

Anytime, anytime;”

 

Her eyes were literally glued to the girl and all she could hear at the moment was her voice and her voice only.

 

“Ooh, you know I've been alone for quite a while, haven't I?;

I thought I knew it all;

Found love but I was wrong;

More times than enough;

But since you came along;”

 

She was expecting to hear a good singer, but she didn’t expect to hear an angel.

 

“I'm thinking baby, you;

Are bringing out a different kind of me;

There's no safety net that's underneath;

I'm free;

Falling all in you;

Fell for men who weren't how they appeared, yeah;

Trapped up on a tightrope now we're here;

We’re free;”

 

And when Chaeyoung sings the last phrase, Jennie felt her heart beats a little faster.

 

“Falling all in you.”

~•~

 

I’m really sorry for the super late update! 😭 I just came back from a reaaally long vacation and I immediately posted this huhu. Anyways, belated merry christmas and happy new year to y’all. Also, belated happy birthday to my bae Jisoo 😘 Thank you so much guys for the 3k reads. See you next update!