49th

Falling All In You

"Sorry, but we have to go there first, baby", Jennie said behind the steering wheel, panic flashing her face.

 

Chaeyoung, who was sitting on the passenger seat was just as worried and confused, "Can you tell me what on earth is happening?"

 

The brunette took a deep breathe before glancing at her, "Lisa and Jisoo are fighting again. Someone from a club called me. Said they made a scene there. The club was practically wrecked."

 

Chaeyoung heaves out a sigh before leaning against the head rest to massage her temples, "Those idiots."

 

She was cursing the duo in her mind. For goodness' sake, her graduation ceremony just ended. She's been really looking forward to a stress-free day, and maybe to have some fun, peaceful celebration with her family and friends.

 

But because of this couple, who didn't even attend her graduation ceremony and chose to fight about god-knows-what stupid thing again, a celebration would be the last thing they'll care about now.

 

What a way to ruin the supposedly best day of her life.

 

"Are mom and dad on the other car?", she asks her girlfriend whose eyes are focused on the road.

 

"Yeah, they're behind, following us."

 

"Do they really have to come?"

 

"I mean, we can't really leave them. We're supposed to have dinner, right?", Jennie was glancing at her every now and then.

 

"How are we gonna have dinner now? Forget it. Let's just reschedule the celebration", Chaeyoung said in a really disappointed tone.

 

"Baby", Jennie reaches for her hand that was resting on her lap, "We won't be taking too long. We'll just pick Lisa and Jisoo up, and pay for the damages, then we can go."

 

"Nah, I'm not in the mood anymore."

 

She turns away and looks out the window instead, obviously upset. The shorter girl could only jut her lips in a pout, scared that Chaeyoung might snap on her.

 

Soon after, they came to halt, and Chaeyoung scans the place looking really skeptic.

 

"Is this the place? Jen, this looks more like a restaurant than a bar", she voiced out her opinion, "And isn't it closed? The lights are out. Are you sure this is the right place?"

 

"This is the address they gave. Maybe they're inside. We'll just have to figure out", Jennie shrugs before unbuckling her seatbelt and proceeded to step out of the car.

 

"Wait, I—"

 

Chaeyoung curses under her breath when the other girl got out. She has a really bad feeling about this. Like, something's not right. So she opened the car door on her side and followed the brunette outside.

 

"Jen, wait up!", she catches up to Jennie who was already at the doorstep of the restaurant, "I don't think they're here. This seems suspicious."

 

"What suspicious? This looks like a normal restaurant to me."

 

"The lights are out. How is that normal?"

 

"Maybe they closed it down when Lisoo fought?"

 

"You said they were in a club??"

 

"I...", Jennie bit on her lip and thought for a moment before answering, "I'm not really sure. But maybe they're inside. Let's just check it out?"

 

The brunette tried looking around the place before carefully placing a hand around the doorknob, only to draw it back.

 

"Actually, can you go first, baby? I'm scared of the dark."

 

Chaeyoung stared at her in disbelief, "You gotta be kidding me."

 

"No, I'm really scared of the dark", Jennie plasters an awkward smile before taking a step back.

 

"I can't believe you", Chaeyoung shook her head, but nonetheless approaches the front door and cautiously turned the knob.

 

She slowly opened the door, and just as she was expecting darkness to welcome her, all lights in the place suddenly turn on.

 

"What the—"

 

"Congratulations, Chaeyoung!!"

 

Chaeyoung stared at the scene infront of her and slowly breaks into a smile while clutching her chest in surprise.

 

"Yah, you guys!!"

 

She glances around as she tries to take in what's happening. The place was decorated, with balloons floating at the ceiling, scattered on the floor, confettis everywhere. And pinned on the wall was a pink-themed greeting that says 'Congratulations Chaeyoung!'

 

She almost lets out a tear when these people very close to her heart started walking towards her and enveloped her in a group hug.

 

"Thank you so much", she could only mutter while subtly wiping her cheek as she was swarmed by her friends, "But, yah, when did you guys plan this??"

 

"Oh, we didn't", Lisa was the first one to answer, "Jennie did."

 

Chaeyoung looks back at her girlfriend and finds her standing by the door, watching with an affectionate smile. She pushes herself through the crowd and walks to the brunette, lightly slapping her shoulder when she reached her.

 

"Yah, you!", Chaeyoung bites the inside of her cheeks to stop herself from smiling, "I thought you were busy??"

 

Jennie held her hands up while laughing, "I was. I was busy planning for this."

 

"And you really had to pull that 'LiSoo-fighting-again' card, huh?", she lands another hit on the girl's arm.

 

"You did what, Jen??", Jisoo yelled at the background.

 

"She said you wrecked some club", Chaeyoung replied.

 

"Excuse me?? It's been a long time since Lisa and I fought, okay??"

 

"We just fought 2 hours ago, babe", Lisa joined the conversation.

 

"Did we?"

 

"Yeah, you said my outfit looks dumb."

 

"Because it looks dumb."

 

"See!"

 

The whole place bursts in laughter as the couple continued to banter. Guess some things really never change, huh.

 

"You", Chaeyoung turned back to Jennie with a small pout, "You really pissed me off, you know?"

 

Jennie grins apologetically, "Well, it's a surprise party, so...surprise? Heh."

 

"Since when were you planning this? You said you were busy with work."

 

"For quite a while. I'm good at multi-tasking, you know?", the smaller girl lets out a chuckle before pulling Chaeyoung in a side hug, "Congrats, baby."

 

"You're lucky you're cute", Chaeyoung pulls the girl to fully embrace her, "But, thank you. For the plot twist. I know how tight your schedules are. But you still make time for this. Aren't I the luckiest?"

 

"Park Chaeyoung first before anything else. That's my motto in life."

 

She could only hug the girl tighter, "I hate it that you're so corny. But I hate it more that it still gets me everytime."

 

"Now, why are you two getting all lovey-dovey here. You're blocking the door. Where's the food?"

 

They both turned to Chaeyoung's little brother who marched inside and went straight to the table.

 

"Don't tell me that bastard also knows about this?", she asked the brunette.

 

"Everyone knows. Including your parents."

 

As if on cue, Mr. and Mrs. Park entered the door with knowing smiles.

 

"Oh, glad to see you here, Chaeyoung and Jennie. Whose party is this?"

 

Chaeyoung lets out a whine, "Yah!! How come I'm the only one who doesn't know!"

 

"Maybe because it's your surpise party?", the old couple shake their head before walking past them further inside, "Now, get your whiny in here. Your friends are waiting."

 

Chaeyoung looks back at the scene to find everyone's smiling faces. Some were already getting food for themselves. Some were handing out the drinks. Some were chit-chatting. 

 

She finds it amusing to see these people all gathered up here to celebrate with her. So, she pulled her girlfriend by the hand and finally joined the group.

 

"Oh, look who we have here", Chaeyoung approached Yin Yang and Jisoo who were preparing the drinks together, "You guys cleared things now?"

 

"Yeah, we're cool now. Jisoo's not as bad as I thought, I guess", Yin nodded, "And that was a long time ago. So, yeah."

 

"We're buddies now", Jisoo added before initiating a fist bump with the guy.

 

"I— okay?", Chaeyoung lets out a laugh before turning to the twins, "Hey, aren't you having your own celebration, though? So, this is why I was wondering why you suddenly disappeared after the ceremony. Turns out you morons are here."

 

Yang chuckles and hands her a glass of cocktail, "We'll have it some other day. Jennie called us not long ago and invited us over here, and we were like, 'if it's for Chaeyoung then sure we'll come'. So here we are."

 

"Aww, I feel like tearing up."

 

They all shared a laugh.

 

"Anyways, enjoy the night, okay? See you guys around."

 

She waves at them before walking towards her bestfriend who was putting on the music.

 

"Yah, Wani! You the DJ for tonight?", she playfully nudges her.

 

"Hey, Chaeng", Wendy jumps on her, "Congrats, you genius!"

 

"Congrats to you, too! Sorry I missed your graduation last month. I was busy with finals."

 

"Understandable, and forgiven", the girl gave her a smile, "We're finally facing the real world, huh."

 

"Yeah, I'm excited and nervous at the same time, to be honest. I mean, this is the real world. Raw and cruel. I don't know if I can ever adapt."

 

"Oh, come on, Chaeng. You've been receiving invitations even before graduation, right? Remember that big producer who called you?"

 

It's true. She's been receiving calls from different agencies since last year, wanting to secure her in their company when she graduates. One producer even got interested in one of her compositions and gave her an offer right there and then.

 

"I really hope I don't disappoint them", Chaeyoung crosses her fingers.

 

"You're one of the best, Chaeng. I already know you'll make it big in the industry."

 

"Same goes to you, you know. Let's make music together, yeah?"

 

"World domination we go!"

 

They threw their hands up in the air and shared a silly laugh.

 

"Anywaaays, how about love life, huh?", Chaeyoung nudges her friend teasingly, "Got your eyes on someone?"

 

Wendy just shakes her head, "Nah, I'm good. I don't need someone. I'm better on my own."

 

"I feel like laughing real hard."

 

"Yah, Park Chaeyoung, I like being single, okay?", the girl playfully rolls her eyes before turning to her left, "But who's that girl over there? She's really pretty."

 

Chaeyoung followed her gaze and saw two girls approaching. She almost choke on her own tongue.

 

"Wen, that's Irene", she's trying hard not to laugh, "And that girl beside her is Seulgi...her girlfriend."

 

"Oh..."

 

She slightly pulled her bestfriend when the couple reached them.

 

"Hey, Chaeyoung, congrats!", Seulgi immediately went to give her a hug, followed by a smiling Irene.

 

"Hey, Seul, Irene. Thanks. It's been a while, huh", she reciprocated the hug before gesturing at her bestfriend, "By the way, this is Wendy, my bestfriend. Wani, this is Seulgi and Irene."

 

Wendy dips her head in a small bow and gives an awkward smile, "Nice to meet you."

 

"Nice to meet you, too, Wendy", Seulgi was ecstatic as usual.

 

"Hey, how was traveling around the world, huh? I heard you guys went to Europe?", she started.

 

"Oh, right. Irene here wanted to see Barcelona and Amsterdam so we went there for like a month or two."

 

"And it's beautiful there! I'm sure you and Jennie would love it there, too!", Irene added.

 

"We'll make sure to add them to our bucket list", Chaeyoung answered with a smile, "It's good to see you guys having the time of your life after graduation."

 

"Oh, trust me, schedules get really packed sometimes too. You know, with work and stuff. But we always make it a point to still make time for the two of us. Right, hyunnie?", Seulgi tosses her girl a wink.

 

Irene lets out a laugh, "Why are you trying to look cool now?"

 

"I'm cool when I wink."

 

"Totally not. You're just as bad as Lisa."

 

Seulgi juts out her lips in a pout.

 

"Now, that's the Seulgi I know", Irene teased.

 

"God, stop being adorable, you two", Chaeyoung laughs and playfully swats them away.

 

"Hey, we'll just get some food. See you around, Chaeng. And Wendy. Nice meeting you again."

 

The couple waved at them and left.

 

"So, Wani...", she clears .

 

"Yah, I get it! I just find her pretty!", Wendy defended while flailing her arms.

 

That earned a chuckle from the taller girl.

 

"Want me to introduce you to Yin and Yang over there? They're nice, and very much single."

 

"You know I hate men."

 

"Well, I do, too. But the twins are really nice. Try talking to them", Chaeyoung cracks a smile.

 

"Ugh, it's annoying how I'm the only single here. I can't believe even Joy found someone! Like, Chaeng, can you believe that??"

 

Chaeyoung bubbles in a laugh, "Oh god, that reminds me. I gotta talk to them. Where the hell are they?"

 

Wendy points a finger, "Over there, playing monkey with Lisa."

 

"Want to come?"

 

"Oh, please no. I've had enough of them. I'm going to stay here for the rest of the night", the girl wags a finger before going back behind the stereo.

 

"You sure? I'll see you around, yeah?"

 

Chaeyoung waves at her friend and walks to where her other friends are, biting her lip to stop her laugh in the process.

 

“Good to see you getting along well”, she pulls a chair and sat across them in the table.

 

“Chaeng! Ayo, congrats. We thought you’d never notice us”, Joy greeted.

 

“How can I not notice you? Your voice was echoing throughout the street.”

 

“Excuse me??”

 

“Hey, they’re actually fun to talk with. Especially this kid who’s got some humor”, Lisa chuckles and sips on her drink.

 

Chaeyoung turns to the smallest girl in the table and cracks a smile, “How’s Joy so far, Yeri?”

 

The girl plasters a smirk before answering, “Still evil. I’m just trying to keep up with her.”

 

“Excuse me??”, Joy points a finger at the girl, “I’m the one who’s just keeping up with you because you’re a child of satan.”

 

Chaeyoung turns to Lisa and both burst out in laughter.

 

“I still can’t believe how you two got together. I mean, last time I checked, Joy was practically thinking of how to kill Yeri in her mind.”

 

“She seduced me”, Joy rolls her eyes.

 

“Oh, yeah? I don’t think I was the one who initiated it”, Yeri barks back.

 

“You kissed me first.”

 

“I didn’t?? I was shoo-ing a mosquito on your face. And you thought I was gonna kiss you.”

 

“Deny it all you want, kid. You even had to tiptoe because you can’t reach my face.”

 

“As if you didn’t willingly bend down to meet my face. You’re embarrassing.”

 

“Uh, I think we had enough information??”, Lisa meddled, silencing the two.

 

“And I thought you said Yeri looks like she’s in kindergarten?”, Chaeyoung teases them more.

 

“Well, turns out she’s in legal age. Just didn’t grow”, Joy answered.

 

“Not my fault. You just grew taller than normal”, Yeri retaliates.

 

“Are you telling me your height is normal??”

 

“I’m telling you’re ridiculously tall, giant.”

 

Lisa could only gulp her drink in one go, while Chaeyoung was obviously enjoying it.

 

“I’m happy for you, guys”, she sincerely said after listening to their banter.

 

The two girls glanced at each other before cracking a smile.

 

“Thanks, Chaeng. We’re happy for us, too”, Joy replied.

 

Few more talks were exchanged until they heard Jisoo’s voice echoed through the place.

 

“Hey, guys! I know the night is young and we’re just starting, but can we just all have a toast for Rosie?”

 

Everyone stood up and gathered at the center, including Chaeyoung, and raised their glasses in the air.

 

“Does everybody got their glasses?”, Jisoo asked before lifting her own, “Alright. Cheers for Rosie!”

 

“Cheers!!”

 

Clank of glasses reverberated through the room, followed by hollers and cheers.

 

“Thank you, guys, really. I have no words. You’re all amazing”, Chaeyoung announced, fighting back the tears that are threatening to fall again, “Now, go back to dinner and enjoy the night!”

 

So they did. Few seconds later, Chaeyoung felt an arm around her waist, and she turns her head to find her girlfriend smiling at her.

 

“Having fun?”, Jennie asked and pulls her closer.

 

She nodded, “Hmm. I missed these people. Been a while since we hangout like this. Thank you for bringing them here.”

 

“Anything that makes you happy”, the brunette playfully boops her nose, “Real world starts after this, so I want you to enjoy yourself and have fun before going out to the battlefield.”

 

The taller girl chuckles, “Talking by experience?”

 

“A little”, Jennie plasters her signature gummy smile, “But you’re Park Chaeyoung. I know you’ll do really well out there. You already have offers, right?”

 

She nodded shyly.

 

“It won’t be long until you make it to the industry. And I’ll be your number one fan.”

 

“You’re complimenting me too much, Jen. You know how I get all flustered when you do that.”

 

“And I like it when you get all shy”, Jennie boops the girl’s nose with her lips this time, “You still have no idea how good you are, huh.”

 

“Please, I’m not that good”, Chaeyoung playfully swats Jennie’s face.

 

“You’re the best.”

 

“Pfft, you’re biased.”

 

“Because you’re the best.”

 

“One more word and I’ll kiss you.”

 

Jennie chuckles, “And how is that a threat?”

 

Chaeyoung leans in and steals a quick kiss to Jennie’s lips, “Nothing. I just want to kiss you.”

 

“I— there are people here, Chaeng”, the brunette couldn’t hold her laugh.

 

“So?”

 

“Ohh, getting braver than the marine, I see.”

 

And just like that, they flirted like it’s the most casual thing to do.

 

“Yah yah, what sorcery is this that we’re seeing?”

 

They heard Jisoo’s voice behind, and they turned their heads to find LiSoo approaching.

 

“How dare you have fun without us?”, Jisoo jumps on them both.

 

“Now, what do you morons want?”, Chaeyoung asked, laughing.

 

“We want our group hug”, Lisa answered before tackling the three.

 

“I— Lisa, you’re heavy, you giant!”

 

“I’m gonna kick your outta here, I swear!”

 

Laughters filled the group, and at that moment, they knew they can do anything as long as they have each other.

 

Surely, this is only the beginning of many starts. Of countless dreams. Of endless journey.

 

It may be a long and rough road, but with the four of them together, everything works.

 

And that’s it.

 

That’s their magic.

 

~•~

 

 

So, it’s been a while. Heh 😃

Next chapter will be the Finale.

Please bear with me 😃 I’ll post it as soon as I can. Take care ya’ll! Stay safe and well. Love lots!