47th

Falling All In You

They say New Years are new beginnings. It's like a reset, but not really. Like, it's a chance given to correct mistakes made the past year. A chance given to relive all regrets, what ifs, and could have beens. To be a better version of your past year old self, and maybe to write an even better chapter of your story.

 

They say New Years open rooms for chances, and opportunities, and maybe love?

 

Lisa's not sure. She just knew that the moment she landed at the airport, back in her homeland, and felt that throbbing in her head after hours of long flight...she knew she couldn't get her rest yet.

 

Has it really been a month? She's just starting to realize, now that she's back, that she really did spend some time in New Zealand. Two freaking holidays that she spent there alone, all because of a miscommunication.

 

Who was she kidding? It's not just a miscommunication. It's the total lack of communication.

 

She felt her temples throb again and started moving her feet. She couldn't rest just yet. She needs to talk to her. 'Cos if she doesn't, that thing in her head won't stop pounding.

 

So Lisa drove straight to Le Manoir. The place that has been her second home for quite some time. She knew she's there. She knew she's already back.

 

"Lady Lisa! Um...", the receptionist greeted her with a start, "She instructed us not to let you in..."

 

"Why, hello there", she leaned over the granite counter, "Is she here?"

 

"Uh, Lady Lisa, I'm sorry, but we really cannot let you in", the receptionist fiddles at the hem of her uniform.

 

"Am I asking for permission?", Lisa tosses the girl a wink before casually walking towards the elevator.

 

"I— Lady Lisa!"

 

They let her in anyway. Lisa could only shake her head while laughing to herself. She should seriously fire these people if they can't follow a simple instruction. Much to Lisa's benefit, though.

 

The elevator stopped with a 'ding', and she stepped out to the spacious floor of the luxurious apartment. It wasn't that hard to look for the girl. Lisa always knew where to find her.

 

So she walked straight to the room at the right corner. Not bothering to knock, she pushes the door open and she's right. She's really there inside her game room.

 

The girl got up from her couch, startled by her presence, she dropped the game controller on the floor.

 

"What— how did you get in??", Jisoo blurted upon seeing her figure.

 

"They let me in?", Lisa closes the door behind her before stepping closer to the girl.

 

"Those useless— I told them not to let you in!", the shorter girl takes a cautious step back.

 

"Oh, well, they did. What can you do about it?"

 

"Shut it, Lisa! Why are you even here??"

 

"Why can't I be here?"

 

"Get the out!"

 

Lisa steps even closer wearing a stupid smirk, "You dyed your hair brown?"

 

She takes her time to appreciate the girl's new hair color before continuing, "It looks good on you."

 

And her smirk grew upon noticing the small blush on Jisoo's cheeks.

 

"I said get the out!", the shorter girl repeated, taking another step backwards until her back hits the wall.

 

Damn.

 

"Why are you so mad at me? I don't even know what I did?"

 

"I just don't want you here. I don't want to see your face. You annoy me", Jisoo answered while pointing a finger at her.

 

"But what did I do?? Just a month ago, we were golfing together, then you said something and before I could react, you exited the scene and left me", the taller girl props her hands on each side of her waist.

 

"Shut up!! I don't want to hear it!"

 

"You didn't even let me answer? You refused to listen to what I have to say."

 

"I said shut up—"

 

"Then the next day, I found out you flew all the way to Amsterdam without giving me a word."

 

"You flew to New Zealand, too!"

 

"Because you left first! And you left me frustrated", Lisa raised her voice a little, feeling the tension getting in her nerves.

 

"Just forget I ever said anything", Jisoo flails her arms, "Forget it happened."

 

"Until when are you planning to run away, Chu?"

 

"Until I can. Because I'm too busy to deal with this ."

 

"Or you're too coward to face this?"

 

"What??"

 

"You're a coward, Jisoo", Lisa presses, staring intently into the other girl's eyes, "You ooze confidence when it comes to your bulls, but when it comes to your true feelings...you're just a plain coward."

 

"How dare you—"

 

Lisa steps into her personal space and backs her against the wall, "Why did you leave?"

 

"I told you—"

 

"Don't give me bull, Kim Jisoo. I at least deserve a decent answer from you."

 

Jisoo stares up at the younger's eyes and all she could see was exhaustion, pain, pent up frustration. She didn't know she has caused the girl this much. The last thing she'd ever want to do is hurt her. 

 

But she guessed Lisa's right. She's indeed a coward. A coward who knows nothing but to run away from everything.

 

"I didn't want to hear what you'll have to say. I didn't want to know", Jisoo answers, averting her eyes away from the girl.

 

"You're afraid of what I'll have to say", Lisa corrected, "You're afraid to know."

 

"What could've changed if I stayed? What could've happened if I chose to hear you out?", the older girl asks her, "Lisa, can't you see? I just broke our friendship because of that stupid slip of the tongue."

 

"No. You're breaking our friendship by choosing to run away", Lisa leans a hand against the wall, just above the older girl's head, "You could've told me you were afraid. And I could've assured you that there's nothing to be afraid of."

 

"It's not that easy, you know? It's not everyday that you'll walk up to your bestfriend of 15 years and confess that you've been in love with her since forever", Jisoo clenches her fist, her eyes giving in, "Now tell me that there's nothing to be afraid of."

 

"We could've talked it out."

 

"Spare me with your could have beens, Lisa."

 

"You know what frustrates me the most?"

 

Jisoo refuses to answer, so the younger continued.

 

"The whole ing month I spent in New Zealand, I couldn't stop thinking of what you said", Lisa voices out, "I couldn't stop thinking about you, and up until now it's still making my head ache."

 

"Lisa..."

 

"Is a month enough torture for you, Chu?"

 

"B-But...you don't like me...like that..."

 

"Don't tell me what to feel."

 

Lisa closes her eyes for a moment to calm herself, before staring back up at Jisoo's orbs.

 

"It's been really lonely without you", the taller girl confesses.

 

"Don't get my hopes up", Jisoo tries to push her away.

 

But Lisa just pulled her back in, "Let's try, Chu."

 

"I— what..."

 

"You. Me. Us", she answered with a softer voice this time, "Let's try."

 

Jisoo was blinking rapidly, her heart was beating too fast she swears it'll jump out of her ribcage.

 

"You don't know what you're talking about, Lisa."

 

"Oh, trust me, I do."

 

Jisoo was about to retaliate, but all the words she has to say got stuck at the back of her tongue when Lisa pulled her by the neck and crashes their lips together.

 

Oh what a great way to start the New Year.

 

~•~

 

Chaeyoung felt her vacation was too short once she's back inside the walls of Crossford. They've got one more semester to finish for the school year, and she feels like it'll also pass by as quickly as how the first semester went.

 

At least she'll be more inspired to get through this semester now.

 

"I have a photoshoot with Calvin Klein, baby. I can't send you home", Jennie was pouting while clinging on her girlfriend's arm as they walk along the corridor.

 

"Silly. What's the purpose of giving me a car and a driver if you're just gonna send me home everyday?", Chaeyoung chuckles before ruffling the girl's hair.

 

"Don't you like it when I pick you up and send you home?", the brunette lets go of her arm, jutting her lips even more in a pout.

 

"I— of course I like it?"

 

"No, you don't!"

 

"I—"

 

Chaeyoung lets out a laugh at Jennie's pouty face. She swears her girlfriend is the cutest.

 

"Come here, you baby", she pulls the girl back, "How about you just pick me up tomorrow then we grab breakfast together?"

 

Jennie pauses to think, before slowly curling her lips in a smile, "Okay, sounds like a plan."

 

"Great. Now, go to your schedule, and text me after, okay?"

 

The brunette nodded, "Hm. I think I'll be done by 7pm."

 

"Alright. Text me when you get home."

 

Jennie makes a really soft facial expression before hugging Chaeyoung, "But I already am."

 

"I— I mean...", the blonde bites on her lip, flustered, "I mean, home...like, you know, house, with a roof...and door..."

 

The shorter girl pulls back with an adorable smile. And Chaeyoung never thought it's possible to fall for this girl even deeper.

 

"Oh, wait, I think I forgot my phone at the lounge", Jennie suddenly remembered.

 

"Let's get it?"

 

Jennie nodded and they make a quick turn back to Blackpink's private lounge.

 

"I'll go inside and get it for you. Wait here", Chaeyoung said before pushing the door open and got inside.

 

It's not even ten seconds when she stepped out with a start and slams the door behind her, her face pale as if she's seen a ghost.

 

"Why? What's in there?", Jennie asked in concern.

 

"L-Lisa...and...Jisoo", Chaeyoung stutters.

 

"Why? What happened?"

 

Chaeyoung gulps an invisible lump in before blurting, "W-Why are they...making out??"

 

~•~

 

"Okay, speak up!", Jennie leant back against the couch of their private lounge, arms crossed over her chest, "I rescheduled my photoshoot for this, so you two better speak up."

 

The two culprits sat across her, both couldn't look straight into her eyes. Chaeyoung who was sitting beside Jennie was practically spacing out, still traumatized from what she witnessed.

 

"Uh, Nini—"

 

"Were you really making out??", the brunette asks in a slightly high-pitched tone.

 

"That wasn't e—"

 

"My Chaengie saw you! She wouldn't lie!", Jennie added.

 

"How are we gonna speak up if you keep on interrupting us??", Jisoo retaliated, before dramatically massaging her temples, "Anyways, what Rosie saw was real."

 

"So you were really making out??"

 

The two girls in question nodded simultaneously.

 

"And for what reason?? I mean...", the brunette's eyes were all over the place, "Why and how on earth??"

 

Lisa side-glances Jisoo, and the older girl shot back a look, all the while Chaeyoung staring into nothingness probably questioning life.

 

"Well, we're kind of...um", Lisa tried to explain.

 

"Are you together??", Jennie impatiently asks again.

 

"No."

 

It was Jisoo who answered without second thought and with a straight face.

 

"Then what was that?? What are you?? Bestfriends with benefits??"

 

Lisa almost burst into laughter at that, but managed to stop herself, "No no. It's not like that...let's just say that things are a bit...complicated?"

 

"Complicated?? Wa- wait, since when was this happening?"

 

"Since we came back?", Jisoo said casually as if it's nothing serious.

 

"Jisoo confessed to me", Lisa stated.

 

"Excuse me, I didn't?!"

 

"You kind of did."

 

"I just said I'm inlove with my bestfriend. It could be Jennie, for all you know?"

 

"If that wasn't me, then why were you eating my face just a while ago?"

 

"Aaahh!!", Chaeyoung got up and covers her face with both of her hands, "Why do I have to witness that??"

 

"Oh, please, Rosie. You and Jennie do that all the time", Jisoo scoffs.

 

"Excuse me??!"

 

"Okay, kids. Let's all calm down, can we?", Lisa gestures her arms up and down, "So yeah, Jisoo and I are kind of together...but not really together."

 

Jennie heaves out a sigh, "So Jisoo finally confessed."

 

Jisoo snapped her head towards the brunette, eyes wide in shock, "What?? You—??"

 

"We've been together for a long time, Chu. Of course I noticed", Jennie nodded, "You look at Lili differently. You take care of her differently. So I've always known."

 

Jisoo averts her eyes, flustering.

 

"How come I didn't notice, then?", the youngest girl asks.

 

"Because you're a monkey."

 

"I—"

 

"Seriously, Chu. I thought it'll take you forever to confess", Jennie added, lips starting to curl in a smile.

 

The group fell into a comfortable silence, just looking at each other with small smiles on their faces.

 

"I'm happy for you", Jennie said after a while, "And I'm happy because Jisoo will finally stop hooking up with anything that walks."

 

"The slander I get here?!"

 

"Lis, I told you, didn't I", Chaeyoung joined the conversation, finally regaining her composure, "You're bound to find your own soulmate."

 

Lisa responded with a soft chuckle and a subtle scratch at the back of her neck. While Jisoo was biting her lip, looking away.

 

"Aww, it's a rare thing to see our little Jichu blushing. Look at that", Jennie teases, earning a flying pillow from the older girl.

 

"Okay, now that we're all good, should we go out and celebrate?", Lisa suggested, throwing her arms in the air.

 

"Um, I still have class", Chaeyoung pouts.

 

"And I still have a photoshoot to attend."

 

The crackhead duo looked at each other knowingly.

 

"Guess it's just you and me, then?", Lisa wriggles a brow.

 

"Oh please! Don't make out here! I love this couch!!", Jennie kneels hysterically.

 

The three other girls bubble in a laugh, filling the room with only goodvibes and positivity.

 

~•~

 

Days, weeks, months...they all pass by in a blink of an eye. Nothing much has changed through the period, though. Chaeyoung and Jennie are still as clingy as ever. There were times when the blonde couldn’t focus on her lectures because the dumpling kept pacing back and forth of their lecture room just to wave at her. It was pretty annoying, if you ask. But it’s Jennie, so Chaeyoung could only puff her cheeks cutely while waving back.

 

Whipped cream.

 

Lisa and Jisoo weren’t any better. If one would ask them where they stand, they’d still answer you with the iconic, ‘We’re kind of together, but not really together’. It sometimes frustrates Jennie whenever the girls would act all lovey-dovey, yet still refused to name their relationship. Well, they’re both adults and they know what they’re doing. As long as they’re happy, that is.

 

Time sure flies when you’re just enjoying it. If you could freeze a moment and frame it in a wall, you would. Because one can never go back to experience things the same way. All must keep moving forward.

 

To make better days.

 

To create more moments.

 

And to experience new feelings.

 

Time sure flies as Chaeyoung and Jennie just enjoyed it. And every single second spent together, is always the best time of their life.

 

~•~

 

 

Last 3 chapters 🥺 I love you all, folks!