44th

Falling All In You

Another days have passed, and Chaeyoung got herself busy buying stuff for Christmas. After her reconciliation with Jennie, her enthusiasm for the ocassion came back and she couldn’t wait for two more weeks to celebrate it. But Jennie should come back from Paris first before that. Which reminds her that the girl will come home in two days. She couldn’t be more excited to see the girl again.

 

“The christmas balls aren’t proportioned, noona!”, Jaehyuk yelled from the stool he was standing on.

 

“Are they not?”, Chaeyoung checks each side of the Christmas tree and furnishes the decors.

 

They have already placed most of the decorations, and they’re down to one last thing, the Christmas tree.

 

“Are the lights ready, Chaeng?”, her mom asked while walking towards them.

 

“Yeah, we’ve looped it around the tree pretty well.”

 

“It’s all set, then!”, Mr. Park also appeared in the living room.

 

“Daaad! We’re still missing something!”, Jaehyuk whines from the stool.

 

The three adults just chuckled at their youngest.

 

“I wonder what’s missing”, Chaeyoung teasingly pinches her chin.

 

“How can you make a Christmas tree without the star??”, the boy crosses his arms.

 

“Is that why you’re standing on that stool?”

 

“Why yes, noona. I’m the one putting on the star this year.”

 

“Where did the star go, though?”, their dad gasped, pretending to look around.

 

“I— daaaaad! You hid the star!”

 

The adults shared another laugh, enjoying the teasing too much.

 

“There you go, little lad”, Mr. Park takes out the golden star figure from his back and hands it to the sulking boy.

 

Jaehyuk stretches her hand out to carefully put the star on top of the tree, grinning in excitement.

 

“Yaaay!”

 

Just in time as Mrs. Park switched on the Christmas lights, and they glowed beautifully across the living room of the family.

 

Chaeyoung smiles to herself. Done with the decorations. Now, she gotta start buying gifts for everyone.

 

~•~

 

“So, what should I get for Wendy?”, the blonde asks her friend while jotting on a paper over the shop’s counter.

 

“Well, she’s into baking these days, so I think you can gift her some baking accessories”, Joy answered from behind the counter.

 

“Alright, baking stuff for Wani, check”, she scribbles on her note, “I’ll also get one each for Yin and Yang.”

 

“Oh, the pretty boys?”

 

“Yep. All their things are Louis Vitton but I obviously, for the love of god, can’t buy that. So I’ll get them something simple and useful.”

 

Joy nodded while peeking over the blonde’s list.

 

“Next, for Seulgi and Irene.”

 

“Oh, the bear and the bish?”

 

“Yah! Irene’s changed, okay? She already apologized, and she’s nice to me now”, Chaeyoung swats her friend, “I think I’ll get them a couple gift.”

 

“How about Lisa and Jisoo?”, Joy asks.

 

“I’m actually still thinking of what to get them. They pretty much have everything already”, the blonde taps her pen against her chin, “Well, they’re both into gaming. Maybe I should check out the gaming section.”

 

She scribbles on her notes again.

 

“Okay, now, for Jennie”, Joy nudges her knowingly.

 

Chaeyoung looks up at her friend and bites back a smile.

 

“Gosh, Chaeng, just the mention of her name makes you all softie like that”, the girl playfully rolls her eyes, “Such a cringey couple.”

 

“I— we’re not??”

 

“Oh yeah? Says the one who makes kissy face on her phone screen because her girlfriend wants kisses”, Joy teases while laughing.

 

“I knew I shouldn’t have told you thaaat!”, the blonde just out her lips in a pout.

 

“But hey, that’s a lot better than seeing you cry because of her, y’know”, Joy commented, “Glad you fixed things. Saved me from the trouble of beating up her .”

 

“She’s a good person, Joy.”

 

“I know I know. She’s already proven that. And that smile of yours says it all. She better be worthy of the second chance.”

 

Chaeyoung blinks at her friend before bubbling in a chuckle, “You know, I can’t take you seriously when you’re serious.”

 

“Because I can’t get serious”, the girl started cackling as well, “And please, I’m still Jennie Kim’s number one fan. I’m still waiting to get an autograph on my forehead.”

 

“Well, she’s coming home in two days. You better get your forehead ready.”

 

They shared a couple more laughs before going back to their initial agenda.

 

“So, have you thought of what to get her?”

 

Chaeyoung purses her lips, nodding, “I’ve thought of something. But I don’t know if it’d be enough. I mean, it’s Jennie, y’know. And it’ll be my first gift to her. I want it to be special.”

 

“I’m sure she’d love what ever you give her, Chaeng.”

 

“I know, but I want it to be something valuable”, she ponders for a moment before scribbling on her notes one last time, “I’m decided. I’ll get her what I have in mind.”

 

“Great, when are you going to shop for those?”, Joy asks while leaning on the counter.

 

“Like...right now! And you’re going with me”, she beams.

 

“Excuse me?? Who’s going to watch over the shop?”

 

“Come on, Joy, you can close it for now. It’s been a while since we hangout. About time you get out from that counter because I’m almost forgetting that you have legs, y’know.”

 

“I—”

 

“What, I’m only seeing your upper body most of the time”, Chaeyoung bursts into laughter.

 

“The slander I get from my own bestfriend??”, Joy playfully slams her hands on the counter, “That just reminds me of that annoying kid who loves barging in our door just to tell me that I only have half body?!”

 

“Kid who?”

 

“I don’t know if she’s really still a kid but she’s so small I swear I could just step on her. And she’s so freaking annoying!”

 

“What’s her name?”

 

“I think her name’s Yeri? She looks like a kindergarten student, I swear to god.”

 

Chaeyoung’s lips slowly curl into a subtle smirk, “Oh? Maybe she has a crush on you?”

 

Joy’s eyes widened in horror, “That child of satan?? No way, Chaeng! I’d rather stay single forever!”

 

Joy blabbered about this small annoying kid some more, and Chaeyoung was nodding teasingly. It was when the girl finally stopped that she realized the blonde’s smirk.

 

“Stop whatever you’re thinking, Chaeng. I don’t like that dwarf”, the girl huffs.

 

“I’m not thinking about anything, though?”, Chaeyoung smiles toothily, “So...shall we go now?”

 

“I don’t have a choice, do I?”

 

“Yep, you don’t. Come on now, I have a lot in my list.”

 

The blonde started skipping towards the door when Joy realized something.

 

“Yah, Park Chaeyoung, why am I not on your list??!”

 

~•~

 

“Aren’t you sleepy?”, Jennie asks from the other line, watching how her girlfriend’s eyes were starting to fall.

 

“Hmm, a little. I did a lot today”, Chaeyoung lets out a small yawn, “We finished the decorations. And then we shopped for gifts.”

 

“Aww my productive baby. You should go to sleep, then. I’ll just call again tomorrow.”

 

“You’ll be here the day after tomorrow?”, the blonde bats her eyes.

 

“Yes, I’ll be home in two days. I can’t wait to see you already”, Jennie replies in a soft voice.

 

“Give me a big hug when you’re back.”

 

“I will. I’ll bite your cheek first, then I’ll give you a big bear hug.”

 

Chaeyoung puffs her cheeks sleepily, and the brunette softens at the sight.

 

“Go to sleep now, Chaeng. Want me to watch over you?”

 

Chaeyoung nodded before shifting into a more comfortable position, “Don’t end the call. Just stay there.”

 

“Sure, love. Now go to sleep. I’ll be right here.”

 

Jennie watches as Chaeyoung’s eyes slowly flutter close, until the girl finally drifts off to slumber.

 

“Two more days and I can finally cuddle you to sleep”, she whispers very softly, “Sleep well, my Chaengie.”

 

 

~•~

 

A short filler 😃✌🏻