Final

Falling All In You

3 years later

 

 

Jennie watches and immediately missed the warmth as Chaeyoung gets up from the bed and puts on a robe to cover her bare body. The girl sweeps her now pink hair to the side as she answers the persistent ring on her phone.

 

"Hello? Yes, I already talked to the executive producer. Yes, yes..."

 

A small smile made its way to Jennie's lips while listening to the call. Her girlfriend has been receiving back to back proposals from different agencies around the country, despite everyone knowing that she's already with The Black Label. Every company wants to pirate her, and that just proves how good Chaeyoung is in her field.

 

In the span of three years, Chaeyoung had marked her name in the entertainment industry. Her music was everywhere. Her songs were played not only in South Korea, but internationally. The girl really wasn't kidding when she said 'world domination'. Because that's what she's been doing now.

 

Award-winning singer, composer, sound engineer, producer.

 

Jennie couldn't get any prouder of everything her girlfriend has achieved. And although they sometimes struggle to find time, no matter how busy things get, at the end of the day, they both knew they'll be coming home to each other.

 

It's not a promise. It's a will.

 

Jennie reaches for her own robe and wraps it around her petite body, before leaving the queen-sized bed of their hotel suite. She walks to the LP player resting at the corner of the room, puts on a disc, and lets the music reverberate through the calmness of the morning.

 

She gently drags her feet to the glass door of the balcony and slides it open, the majestic morning view of Eiffel Tower welcoming her from the veranda.

 

Paris date. 

 

She remembers promising Chaeyoung a Paris date several years ago. And if you're thinking that the Paris date finally happened after ages, you're wrong. This is already their 5th Paris date, mind you.

 

Jennie plops herself comfortably on the balcony loveseat and tucks her hands in the pockets of her robe. She plasters another smile.

 

 

"So close with you on my lips

Touch noses feeling your breath

Put your heart and pull away yeah

Be my summer in the winter day, love"

 

 

She closes her eyes as the music played and felt soft steps approaching her from behind. Soon, she felt a weight on her lap and she flutters her eyes open to find her girlfriend's smiling face.

 

"Sorry, did I wake you?", Chaeyoung asked while circling her arms around the brunette's neck, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead.

 

Jennie shakes her head, "Nah, I'm already awake when your phone rang."

 

"Yeah, sorry about that. I told them not to call me when I'm on leave. But the executive producer couldn't wait another day to hear the sampler."

 

"I understand, miss famous", Jennie teases, earning a pinch from the girl, "Or should I call you Rosé now?"

 

Chaeyoung buries her face on the crook of her girlfriend's neck, "Nah, I'm still your Chaeyoung."

 

"Hmm, my big baby Chaeyoung."

 

"How's the company?", Chaeyoung mumbles.

 

"Everything's going well. Just closed a deal with a british investor", Jennie replied as she wraps her slender arms around the other girl's body.

 

"Really? Now, my little CEO's been doing really great, huh."

 

Jennie took over as the CEO of their company a year ago when Chairman Kim announced their biggest project in Seoul. Sure, the girl was young and a little inexperienced, but he never doubted his daughter's capabilities. Jennie is smart and undeniably talented.

 

"And now that the deal is finally closed, cheers to more Chaennie time!"

 

The younger girl lets out a laugh before pecking her girlfriend's lips, "It's cute how you still use our little ship name."

 

"I'm not the only one. LiSoo, too. They put hashtag LiSoo in almost all of their Instagram posts, it makes my stomach churn sometimes", Jennie chuckles.

 

"Hey, how are those idiots? Been months since I last saw them."

 

"They're in LA. Both got busy with the merge and stuff. You know about the merging of their companies, right?"

 

"Ah, right. I remember Jisoo telling me along the lines of 'hey Rosie, Lisa and I will be together forever 'cos our companies are merging now'. And then I hung up on her 'cos her voice was annoyingly high-pitched."

 

The girls shared a laugh at the statement.

 

"You're always mean to my bestfriend", Jennie presses a kiss on her cheek.

 

"Nah, she knows I love her. She's just really annoying sometimes."

 

"Not as much as you love me, though."

 

"Of course, baby. No one could ever top you."

 

 

"I can't see one thing wrong

Between the both of us

Be mine, be mine, yeah

Anytime, anytime"

 

 

"Now, why is my song playing in the background?", Chaeyoung chuckles.

 

"It's your first song."

 

"Hmm, it is."

 

"Why didn't you release it?"

 

"Because that one's very special to me. I want it to be heard only by you and me. It's like our own little song."

 

Jennie bites back a smile, warmth creeping up on her cheeks, "We wrote it together."

 

"We did."

 

"Hey, remember the good old days?", the brunette pulls her girlfriend even closer.

 

"What, when you bullied me in college?"

 

Jennie pouts and Chaeyoung had to laugh.

 

"Now, that's not a good way to reminisce."

 

"But hey, that's how we started."

 

"Can we just skip that part and jump to romance already?", Jennie purses her lips, "But now that I think about it, fierce Chaeyoung when we first met was really y."

 

"When we first met...you mean when you introduced yourself as 'South Korea's richest heiress, google it '?"

 

"And then you poured coffee on my limited edition Chanel dress and said, 'richest heiress, my '."

 

The couple shared another laugh.

 

"You do know how more of a badass you were than me, right?", Jennie playfully boops the girl's nose.

 

"Only because you were really getting in my nerves. Students were showering me with slimes, y'know??"

 

"You learned how to dodge them, though. Some ninja moves you got there."

 

That earned a flick from the taller girl.

 

"Hey", Jennie laughs, "But, remember when you slapped me infront of everybody?"

 

"Well, I could've punched you. But I don't punch girls."

 

"You're a badass."

 

Jennie makes a kissy face and leans in to Chaeyoung, only to be met with the girl's palm.

 

"Do you remember when you locked me up in the restroom, and sticks an 'I'm a ' paper-written on my back, and then torn the only bag I have apart??"

 

"But, hey, remember when I made it up to you and took you out on dates, and then we fell in love with each other, and lived happily ever after—"

 

"You're missing a part, there, small teeth", Chaeyoung squints her eyes.

 

"I— what?"

 

"That part when you just befriended me for another revenge."

 

"I— heh, I thought we're over that?", Jennie bats her eyes in a cute manner.

 

"We are. I just remembered", she wiggles on the brunette's lap into a more comfortable position, "Remember when you first told me about your mom?"

 

Jennie nodded, hugging the girl close, "That was two days after I got sick and you took care of me. And that's when I realized that you really are an angel."

 

"And you fell in love with me."

 

"How will I not? After all those things I did to you, you stayed by my side, cooked me dumpling soup, and hugged me to sleep to keep me warm. If you're not an angel, then I don't know anymore."

 

"You are so in love with me", Chaeyoung chuckles before fixing some loose strands of hair on Jennie's face.

 

"That, I am", the brunette plasters a smile, "And do you remember that autumn camp?"

 

"Oh please! That was my very first camp and it had to end like that!" 

 

"But you ended up being friends with Irene. Oh wait, she even kidnapped you!"

 

"Yeah, a lot of things happened", the younger lets out a chuckle, "Good thing Lisa came, though."

 

"I was so jealous of that, you know?"

 

"Because Lisa came to save me?"

 

"That, and because Lisa's so good at everything. She's athletic, she can start fire out of woods, she's tall and has long legs."

 

"Aww baby."

 

“But you’re mine now, so.”

 

“God, it’s been years, Jennie.”

 

The brunette playfully tickles Chaeyoung’s stomach, “And how can I forget the day I confessed to you. That’s pretty memorable. You remember why?”

 

Chaeyoung could only laugh, “I slammed the door on your face.”

 

“That was very sweet of you, Park Chaeyoung.”

 

“Hey, but days after that, I confessed to you too. And then we got together.”

 

“And then we had our first kiss that felt like fireworks.”

 

Jennie steals a quick kiss on Chaeyoung’s lips at that.

 

“And then your dad came back, and we both thought he’s bad news and gonna break us apart”, the younger added, “Turned out he’s just a dork who loves teasing his daughter.”

 

“And do you remember what really broke us apart?”

 

Both girls frowned at the thought.

 

“When I found out about your revenge. God, that was too much drama, I can’t even.”

 

“I know right? Remember my crying scene under the pouring rain outside your house??”

 

“I’m really sorry about that, baby. I swear I had an umbrella in hand ready to step outside, but you already left with Jisoo”, Chaeyoung pouts, “Oh, and speaking of Jisoo, she had a really huge contribution on this, huh.”

 

Jennie laughs, “Right. That epic airport scene. You really thought I was leaving for good, huh.”

 

“Jisoo’s a good actress, I always fall for her trap”, Chaeyoung shakes her head.

 

“Then after that, only good things followed. Until we reached...this. Can you believe it’s been years?”

 

“It still feels like yesterday.”

 

Jennie cups Chaeyoung’s face and presses their lips together in a searing kiss, pulling back after a while only to lean their foreheads against each other’s.

 

“Now, what’s with all these reminiscing?”, Chaeyoung gives her a soft smile.

 

“Alright, how about we stop talking about the past and talk about the future instead?”, Jennie mimics her expression.

 

“Yeah? And what do you see about our future?”

 

“Well, I see us moving in together.”

 

Chaeyoung’s smile was getting even wider, “Jennie Kim, are you asking me to move in with you?”

 

The brunette gently kisses her nose, “Exactly, Park Chaeyoung. I’m asking you to move in with me. Will you?”

 

“I think that’s...a wonderful idea.”

 

“So, is that a yes?”

 

Chaeyoung hugs her neck and buries her face back to its crook, “You know I can never say no to you. So, yes, baby. I will.”

 

Jennie nuzzles her nose against the younger’s hair, “Well, that was easier than I thought.”

 

“I actually thought you’d never ask.”

 

“Sorry, it took me long enough.”

 

Comfortable silence hung in the air, until Jennie spoke again.

 

“There are more things I see in our future, you know?”

 

“Hm? Like what?”, Chaeyoung mumbles against her neck.

 

“Like, waking up next to you every single morning of my life”, Jennie started.

 

She felt her girlfriend smiled against her neck but didn’t say anything, so she continued.

 

“And then we’ll make breakfast together. Probably pancakes and bacon and dumplings because that’s our specialty”, she lets out a chuckle, “Kidding. Those are the only food we can cook.”

 

 

“Ooh, you know I’ve been alone for quite a while

Haven’t I?

I thought I knew it all

Found love but I as wrong

More times than enough

But since you came along”

 

 

“And maybe we can adopt a puppy or two? I’ve been wanting to have one. We’re going to name him Kuma.”

 

“Why Kuma?”

 

“Because it’s cute. I already have a nickname for that actually. It’s Kuku.”

 

She felt Chaeyoung smile again, and Jennie continued.

 

“And then we’ll do the chores together. I know you’re thinking I probably might just end up getting a dozen of butlers to do the chores, but isn’t it more fun when we do them together? Imagine doing the laundry while splashing bubbles on each other”, she lets out a chuckle, “We can shower together after that.”

 

“You ert.”

 

They shared a soft laugh.

 

“But do you know my most favorite part of our future?”, Jennie asks in a gentle tone, pressing small kisses on Chaeyoung’s head.

 

“What is?”

 

“That’s when we watch little Chaennies running around the house while we cuddle in the couch.”

 

Chaeyoung lifts her head and looks at her girlfriend with surprised, but soft and hopeful eyes. When she didn’t answer, Jennie continued.

 

“It doesn’t have to be sooner. I want you to take and have all the time in the world.”

 

“Jen...”

 

“I’m not rushing you, Chaeng. I just...”, the brunette paused to give a smile, “I want to give you everything of me. Everything I have, and everything I could ever offer.”

 

“Jennie...”

 

“And a promise that there’ll be no one else I’d want to spend the rest of my life with but you.”

 

By this time, Chaeyoung was sure she was tearing up. She could feel hot tears running down her face, and it’s not because of sadness. Jennie wiped them  with gentle hands and kisses the tears away.

 

“I want to spend the rest of my life loving you, Chaeyoung.”

 

The taller girl nodded, little tears still streaming down her cheeks.

 

“And one more thing”, the brunette added, “I’m getting tired of calling you my girlfriend. It’s...I don’t like it anymore.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Yeah, I’d very much like to call you my wife now.”

 

“Jennie Kim—”

 

Jennie reaches for the pocket of her robe and takes out a small red, velvet box. Chaeyoung could feel her eyes bawling again.

 

“Park Chaeyoung, my baby, the love of my life...”, Jennie opens the box and carefully takes out the diamond ring shimmering against the morning sun, “Please make me the happiest woman in the world?”

 

She stares at her girlfriend with nervous and hopeful eyes. She was beautiful. The most beautiful in her eyes, and in this beautiful moment, she’s going to let her know that all that Jennie Kim is, will be Park Chaeyoung’s.

 

“Chaeyoung...will you marry me?”

 

The sun was up but it felt like fireworks in the sky when Jennie muttered those words. The proud and standing Eiffel was the witness of how the couple surrendered themselves to each other.

 

In Paris.

 

On that cold morning...Chaeyoung and Jennie’s hearts were warm.

 

Chaeyoung threw her arms around the brunette’s neck and repeatedly mumbles an ‘I love you’ in her ear. Jennie’s once quivering hands found their way around the girl’s body and embraces her as tight as she could.

 

“God, I love you so much, Jennie Kim.”

 

“I love you too, baby”, the brunette managed to answer, “But, you’re still not answering my question.”

 

Chaeyoung pulls back in realization and mutters a small ‘sorry’ before bubbling in a soft chuckle.

 

“Yes, Jennie. Always”, the younger girl cups the brunette’s cheeks and presses soft kisses all over her face, “No matter how many times you ask me, I’ll never get tired of saying yes. So, yes, Jennie Kim. Yes, I will marry you.”

 

Jennie pulls Chaeyoung in and crashes their lips together. Both in tears. They let their feelings talk through the kiss.

 

“Jen...”, Chaeyoung mumbles when they pulled back, “I believe that ring should be in my finger now?”

 

The older girl lets out a laugh and gently takes Chaeyoung’s right hand in her own. With slightly shaky hand, she carefully slipped the ring in her fiancée’s finger.

 

“It’s beautiful”, Chaeyoung said while looking down at her hand.

 

“You are beautiful”, Jennie replied, emphasizing the first word.

 

“You’re beautiful-er.”

 

“Chaeng, I told you there’s no such word.”

 

“Have I told you I love you?”

 

“Million times, baby.”

 

“And I’ll say it a million times more.”

 

Jennie threw her head back, a wide smile plastered on her lips, “When did you become so cheesy, huh?”

 

“I learned from you”, Chaeyoung leans her forehead against the other girl’s, staring into her eyes with so much passion, “So, you’re not my girlfriend anymore?”

 

The brunette shakes her head, “I’m your wifey now.”

 

“And I’m the hubby?”

 

“Yup!”

 

“Why am I the hubby and you’re the wifey??”

 

“Because you’re taller?”

 

“And your logic is?”

 

Jennie just sticks her tongue out before playfully lifting the girl from her lap.

 

“I— where are you taking me??”, Chaeyoung was half laughing while struggling to hold onto the other girl’s shoulders.

 

“We’re going straight to honeymoon.”

 

“I— aren’t you tired from last night??”

 

“Nope. Will never get tired of you.”

 

Jennie carefully plops her down in bed once they’re back inside the room, both girls giggling to each other.

 

“Are you ready for me, hubby?”

 

“Such a !!”

 

Jennie managed to lock the balcony door before jumping on Chaeyoung.

 

And the rest was...history.

 

 

“I’m thinking baby you are bringing out

A different kind of me

There’s no safety net that’s underneath

I’m free, falling all in you.”

 

 

We’ve all witnessed how they started. How they grew. We’ve witnessed how they fell. Their failures. Laughters. Tears.

 

We were there.

 

We’ve witnessed how they broke apart, but we’ve witnessed how they found their way back in each other’s arms.

 

We’ve seen them all.

 

And after all these years, they’re still very much in love. Still very willing to learn things about each other. Very much ready to take on whatever’s gonna come their way.

 

And they’re planning to keep it until, maybe forever and a day?

 

That sounds like a long long way ahead. Afterall, their journey is just starting. Life is a hard and rough road, nothing can sugar-coat it. But with a promise that whatever direction it leads them, they’ll always find a way to each other, they knew they can make it back home.

 

Home.

 

They say home is where your heart resides.

 

For Chaeyoung and Jennie, home is each other.

 

Wherever this long- journey takes them, they promise to always find their way home.

 

Always.

 

 

Fin.

 

~•~

 

 

Ayo! First of all, I couldn’t be any more thankful and greatful to ya’ll for all the support you’ve given to this story. I started this a year ago, kinda struggling to update because of schedule, but ya’ll still stayed with me. Up until the very end. So thank you, really. 

 

I’ve been emotionally invested to this story and I hate to see it end. But I had to. Because how can I start Book 2 without closing the Book 1, right? 😃 (okay, spoiler alert)

 

Buuuut before that, I’ll be finishing Message In A Bottle first. Please make sure to check it out as I really had fun writing that one 😃

 

So yeah, guess I’ll leave it here. Thank you again and you guys know that I love you! Stay safe and well! ❤️

 

See you real soon!