41st

Falling All In You

'Ugh, this is too heavy. Where are my butlers when I need them?'

 

Jennie struggles carrying her luggages from the closet room to her bedroom. She's been packing her things for two hours now, but her clothes still don't seem enough. She walks back to her closet and takes a couple more pairs of sweatshirts and blazers, and stuffed them all at once inside her luggage.

 

"That should be enough."

 

She zips it up and plops down on her bed, exhausted. Her personal assistant should be the one doing this instead of her, but that woman stood her up last minute and she was left with her butlers who have been everything but help. Now, she'll be needing another personal assistant to accompany her in Paris.

 

Paris.

 

Jennie glanced down at her passport laying care free on the bed beside her. She lets her eyes linger on it for a moment, deep in thought, when she heard her phone rings.

 

"Hey, Chu", she started as soon as she answered the call.

 

"Are you still packing?", Jisoo asked from the other line.

 

"I just finished actually", she replied and takes a quick glance at her luggages, "What's up?"

 

"Let's grab a bite before you leave. What time's your flight again?"

 

"3pm. Are you with...Lisa?", she asked hesitantly.

 

"Nope. I called her earlier, but said she had plans already."

 

The brunette puffs her cheeks, "Does she know I'm leaving?"

 

"Nah, I haven't told her yet. Don't tell me you two are still not talking?"

 

She shakes her head even though the other girl can't see her, "Well, we...didn't really have the chance to talk."

 

After everything that has happened, Lisa just grew even more distant from them. She knew the girl felt bad and guilt was eating her up. But what frustrates Jennie was that they haven't had the chance to talk things out.

 

"Are you mad at her, Jen?"

 

"No", her answer was automatic, "I just got a little upset about what happened. But Lili did nothing wrong. I know she just did what she thought was right."

 

"You know she's been feeling guilty after you and Rosie broke up. She's blaming herself for what happened."

 

"That giant overthinks a lot. But you know I can never be mad at her. We've all been together for as long as I can remember. I've watched you two rip off each other's diapers—"

 

"Yah, Jennie Kim!"

 

The brunette lets out a chuckle, "But yeah, Lili's my bestfriend forever. And I don't want to lose her because of something that wasn't even her fault."

 

"You better talk to her soon, then."

 

"Hmm. I'll call her when I land."

 

"I can't believe you're leaving", she heard Jisoo making fake cry noises on the other line.

 

"Oh, shut up, Chu", she lets out a chuckle, "You exactly know the reason why I'm leaving."

 

"Yeah, but I'll still miss you. You didn't even get the chance to see my limited edition glow-in-the-dark lingerie."

 

"That's it. I'm hanging up."

 

Jisoo bubbles in a laugh, "So, let's grab some pastries? I'm craving for sweets."

 

"Yeah, I'll just go change."

 

"I'm also planning to dye my hair after. Does brown sound good?"

 

"Why? Purple looks good on you."

 

"Really? Doesn't it look like an eggplant?"

 

Jennie had to laugh at that, "Pfft- what? You've had that hair color for months now. I didn't even think about it looking like an eggplant."

 

"Nevermind. I'm changing it to brown."

 

"You're an alien. Pick me up at twenty, yeah? See you later, Chu."

 

Jennie could only her shake her head at her friend. She honestly didn't know what she would do if Jisoo's not in her life.

 

~•~

 

Lisa kept driving aimlessly around the block for like 30 minutes now. She had thought about this multiple times. She thought she was ready to face her. But why is she chickening-out now. God was she so nervous.

 

'Nevermind. My mama raised no chicken. Come what may.'

 

She finally turned her car around the corner and stopped infront of the Park residence. She's going to talk to Rosie. Well, she really doesn't know what to tell her, but she figured she should. It's been weeks now. Maybe the girl has already cooled off and was ready for a talk.

 

The blonde takes a deep breath and braced herself before hopping off of her car.

 

She nervously lifts a hand to ring on the doorbell twice, and not even about 2 minutes after, the gate opened, revealing Chaeyoung's surprised face.

 

"H-Hi, Rosie", she forces a smile.

 

"Lisa...what brings you here?"

 

"Um...I'm hoping we could...talk?"

 

Chaeyoung purses her lips and mutters a quiet 'here we go again', as she bobs her head in a hesitant nod at the girl. What's with all these talks lately.

 

Nonetheless, she found herself following Lisa as they walk about two blocks away from her house towards the nearest park.

 

"Uh, Jisoo and I also had a talk", Chaeyoung mentioned once they stopped walking.

 

The younger girl turned to her, nodding, before settling herself on one of the benches. Chaeyoung sat next to her.

 

"I won't be saying the same things she told you. So you don't have to be tensed", Lisa glances at her with a smile, "I won't persuade you or anything. I just...want to apologize."

 

Chaeyoung puffs her cheeks and looks ahead, "For what? For telling the truth?"

 

"Well, yeah, I'm sorry you had to hear that in a really unconvenient situation."

 

"I honestly wished I didn't hear that. But I'm also glad I did. Secrets can't be kept forever, after all", she heaves out a sigh.

 

"But I knew I should've let Jennie tell you herself. I knew I shouldn't have meddled. But I was so frustrated, you know? And I didn't know that she already called it off", Lisa bit on her lip, "I didn't know that she's really in love with you."

 

Chaeyoung turns to the girl, "Are you blaming yourself for what happened?"

 

The younger averts her eyes from her, "Every single day."

 

"Don't be, Lisa. You just did the right thing."

 

"But I broke you apart."

 

"You had good intentions. And having good intentions was never wrong", she reassured the girl, "If anything, it was partly my fault that you two drifted apart."

 

Lisa shakes her head, "It was my decision to stand up against Nini. Guess I just got really frustrated and fed up, so I confronted her without caring to know the truth."

 

"Have you tried talking to her after that?"

 

"No, not yet. She may be mad at me."

 

"You're her bestfriend, Lis. You know each other more than anyone in the world. I know she can never be mad at you for too long. It was just a misunderstanding."

 

"But, I...", Lisa looks down at her feet, bothered, "That misunderstanding was not the only issue."

 

Chaeyoung tips her head to look at her, "What do you mean? What else, then?"

 

"Because, she knows...", the younger girl sounds hesitant, she couldn't meet Chaeyoung's eyes, "Well, she noticed...and she kinda knows..."

 

"She knows what?"

 

"That I like you."

 

Chaeyoung swears a small gasp escapes her lips upon hearing that. Silence hung in the air and her eyes remained glued to the girl.

 

What the hell did she just hear?

 

"Y-You what?", she asked, breaking the silence.

 

Lisa slowly lifts her head up to meet Chaeyoung's eyes, "I like you."

 

"I..."

 

Those three words were too much to take in. Chaeyoung felt her head throbbing.

 

"But hey, I'm not trying to do anything. I swear, I just wanted to be honest with you. Because like what you've said, secrets can't be kept forever, so", Lisa blabbers.

 

“Lisa...”

 

“You and Jennie love each other. I know that very well. And I respect that. So, no worries, really”, the younger offers her a warm smile, “I know where I stand.”

 

Chaeyoung reciprocates it with an apologetic one, “Lis...I’m sorry.”

 

“Don’t be, Rosie. I’ll be fine. Maybe not now. But eventually, I will.”

 

And Lisa hopes she could really be fine. For how painful it is to give up without even starting anything. How painful it is to have lost without even putting up a fight.

 

“You’re a good person, Lis”, Chaeyoung places a hand over the girl’s shoulder, “I wish you nothing but the best.”

 

Lisa nodded and curls her lips in a smile that didn’t reach her eyes, “Someday, I’ll find my soulmate, too.”

 

“You will. I know you will.”

 

“And you should keep your soulmate, too.”

 

“Well, about that...”

 

“Have you talked to her?”, the younger girl asked.

 

“Not yet. But I’m planning to. I’m just looking for the right timing.”

 

“Guess Jisoo gave you some scolding?”

 

Chaeyoung chuckles, “Don’t even mention. She talks like she’s taller than me.”

 

They shared a laugh that sure lifted up the once tensed atmosphere.

 

“Hey, Lisa?”

 

“Hm?”

 

Chaeyoung turns to the girl, gave her a smile, before scooting closer to envelop the girl in a hug.

 

“You’re one brave woman. Thank you for being honest.”

 

Lisa didn’t have to answer. Just having Chaeyoung around while reassuring her that everything’s going to be okay was enough for her. So she closes her eyes and hugs the girl back, as she gives everything up.

 

~•~

 

Jennie sat at the back seat of her car as they drive towards the airport. She’s used to driving alone, but apparently, she has to be accompanied by her bodyguards and her new personal assistant now, so.

 

She stifles a yawn while looking out the window. This is why she doesn’t like it when somebody else’s driving for her. Too boring.

 

“Uh, can you play some songs? The silence is deafening”, she told her driver.

 

“What would you like to listen to, Lady Jennie?”, the driver asked back, turning on the radio.

 

“What’s the hottest songs these days?”

 

“That kpop song called ‘How You Like That’ is the most requested one, Lady Jennie.”

 

The brunette stared at her driver in disbelief, “You listen to kpop?”

 

“I...”, the man shyly scratches the back of his neck, “Yes, Lady Jennie.”

 

“Nah, just play some Taylor Swift songs, I guess.”

 

“A-Alright, Lady Jennie.”

 

The music started to fill the car, and she turns back to the window. Thoughts soon occupying her mind.

 

Chaeyoung.

 

She thought she could have a chance to talk to Chaeyoung again, but this Paris trip was sudden. She knows she could always call the girl, but she’s scared. And although her father had told her many times that there’s no way Chaeyoung would give up on them that easily, she’s still not sure.

 

Jennie could never be sure. What if the girl doesn’t want her anymore? What if she’s already moved on? What if she got badly hurt that she decided to just forget her? Jennie doesn’t know if she can take any more heartbreak if Chaeyoung ends up pushing her away again.

 

But on a lighter note, there’s also a chance that Chaeyoung has cooled down and was ready to reconsider things between them. There’s also a chance that Chaeyoung still likes her, and was just waiting for the right timing. A chance that maybe, just maybe...Chaeyoung hasn’t given up on her yet.

 

Jennie racks her brain with all these thoughts, she thinks she’s going crazy.

 

Should she just call her? Should she tell her that she’s leaving? Maybe it’s at least decent to let her know, right?

 

Damn it. She wouldn’t know the answer to these questions if she won’t try. It’s risky. But she knew Chaeyoung’s worth taking all the risks.

 

“Uh, can we drop by Chaeyoung’s house first?”, she asked the driver.

 

The man glances at her through the rear-view mirror, “But Lady Jennie...”

 

“We still have time, right? It won’t take long.”

 

The driver pauses for a moment to think, before nodding. Well, it’s not as if he has a choice anyway.

 

A smile made its way to Jennie’s lips as they make a turn back, towards Chaeyoung’s place. She’s excited to see the girl. After those excruciating days without her, she’ll finally get to see her again.

 

Jennie turns back to the window and smiles even wider upon seeing the familiar road she used to take whenever she would visit Chaeyoung. They’re near. Just two blocks away.

 

Two blocks...away.

 

Her smile faltered when her eyes caught a glimpse of something in the park two blocks away from the Park residence.

 

“Stop the car for a moment”, she commanded in an authoritative tone.

 

“What, Lady Jen—”

 

“I said stop the car.”

 

The vehicle halted with a screech, and Jennie’s eyes were glued to the view outside the window.

 

She thought she was just seeing things. She hoped her eyes were just playing tricks on her. But what she saw was clearer than daylight. There’s no doubt to this.

 

Chaeyoung and Lisa...hugging.

 

So, this is how it is? Ah, she should’ve known.

 

At one point, she believed there could be a chance. That they could start anew. And find their way back to each other.

 

But guess who’s wrong again?

 

Jennie thought her heart couldn’t get any more broken...until now.

 

“Let’s go to the airport”, she said soullessly.

 

“But, I thought—”

 

“Let’s just go to the airport.”

 

“Alright, Lady Jennie.”

 

The car started running again, and Jennie takes her eyes away from the window...away from that scene. Never looking back.

 

She realized the music was still playing, and she had to swallow her tears when the lyrics of Taylor Swift’s song hit her like a truck...

 

 

“I was a flight risk with a fear of falling;

Wondering why we bother with love if it never lasts.”

 

 

~•~

 

I know I mentioned rainbows after the rain, but... 🤡 

 

Love ya’ll! I’ll try to update as soon as I can. And please don’t kill me hehe 😃✌🏻