31st

Falling All In You

"Lisa..."

 

Chaeyoung couldn't believe the girl was actually here to rescue her. She has so many questions in mind, but the moment Lisa breaks the hug, the girl hastily went to untie the ropes on her hands and feet.

 

"H-How did you know?", she managed to ask in a small voice.

 

"I stumbled upon your friend and she told me you were kidnapped", Lisa replied while still untying the ropes.

 

"Friend?"

 

The younger girl nodded, "I think her name's Seulgi."

 

"Seulgi??", Chaeyoung blurted in confusion, "But how did she know?"

 

Lisa tosses the ropes aside after freeing both of her hands and feet, "Look, Chipmunk. I'll answer your questions later, but right now, we have to get you out of this place."

 

"B-But h—"

 

Chaeyoung was about to ask again, but halted when she felt Lisa's soft hands gently cupping her face.

 

"Let's get you out of here first before you catch a cold", the girl told her with sincere eyes, and she could only nod.

 

From a short distance, she caught a glimpse of Irene being taken by two men. The short girl was trying to wriggle out of their hold, yelling curses like a mad woman.

 

"Where are you taking Irene?", she couldn't help but ask again.

 

Lisa followed her gaze, and replied, "To the Police Station of course. Kidnapping is a serious crime."

 

Chaeyoung was taken aback when she suddenly felt herself being lifted. She turned back to the younger blonde, and realized that the girl was carrying her...bridal style.

 

"I— Lisa...", she held on the girl's shoulder, "I-I can walk...you know."

 

"We need to get you to the clinic", Lisa answered, ignoring what she said.

 

"B-But, I'm fine. I mean, I—"

 

"Your lip is bleeding and you're telling me you're fine?"

 

Chaeyoung purses her lips at that. Lisa's tone was authoritative, and she has never seen the girl this serious.

 

"We need to get your bruises checked."

 

She just nodded and lets the girl carry her until they're outside of the premise. Several cars were parked, and she saw Irene again, who was now being dragged inside a black porsche together with her men.

 

Chaeyoung would've pitied the girl, if she hadn't realize she should pity herself more because of what Irene did. But she still feels sorry for her, nonetheless. Obsession led her to darkness and made her into the monster that she is now.

 

"Can you hold on me?"

 

She snapped from her trance when Lisa spoke, and realized she was already seated on a black big bike motor. 

 

'Did she go here with this big bike?', she asks herself before scrutinizing the facade of the motor, 'It looks cool.'

 

Lisa just shakes her head at Chaeyoung's reaction, before making the girl wear a protective helmet, securely locking the strap so it won't loosen.

 

"Hold on me tight, okay?", the younger girl orders, before carefully hopping on the bike.

 

Chaeyoung bit on her lip before hesitantly clutching on Lisa's shoulder. The girl starts speeding away, and she could only hold onto her a little tighter.

 

She stares at Lisa's back and realized how cool the girl is in everything that she does. Especially the way she maneuvers the grips right now while letting her hair cascade down her shoulders.

 

Suddenly, Chaeyoung was reminded of when Jennie was driving her small pink scooter, and thought about how cute the girl was whenever she would imitate the 'vroom' sound of the engine.

 

She smiles at the thought. Big bikes may look cool. But small pink scooter gets cuter when a small brunette person drives it.

 

Jennie.

 

~•~

 

They reached the clinic, and Chaeyoung was immediately given first aid. Fortunately, there were only a few bruises on her bottom lip, and her swollen cheeks were aided with cold compress. Nonetheless, she was fine.

 

She also had changed into new clothes since the uniform she was wearing got totally damped. She didn't know where the heck Lisa got the clothes from, but they were new, so she assumed the girl made her butler buy them for her.

 

"Chipmunk?"

 

Chaeyoung lifts her head and saw Lisa peeking through the door of the clinic room where she was told to wait while the nurse was processing her bill.

 

"Hey", she smiles at the younger girl.

 

Lisa carefully entered the room, and approaches her holding what seemed to be her bag, "My bodyguards got to retrieve your bag from the warehouse."

 

Chaeyoung's smile widened as she takes her bag from the girl, "I almost forgot about this. Thank you so much, Lis."

 

Lisa just nodded and reciprocated her smile, before she went to take a seat beside her.

 

"I...", Chaeyoung fiddles with her hands as she was trying to find the right words to say, "No words can express how thankful I am that you came to save me. Really. For a moment there, I was hopeless and I was just honestly waiting for whatever Irene was going to do to me."

 

Lisa turns to her, "Your friend, Seulgi, told me everything before I went there. So, this Irene girl is pretty obsessed with Jennie? And she attacked you because you're with Jennie now."

 

Chaeyoung nodded. She was once again reminded of everything Irene had said, and she could only feel pity for the girl.

 

"She's mad obsessed with Jennie, and she thought about deleting me in the picture so Jennie would finally notice her", she added, "I don't know what could've happened to me if you didn't come. So, thank you, really. I don't know how to pay you back, but I'm just really thankful."

 

Lisa shakes her head, "You don't need to repay me. I'm just...", she pauses to heave out a sigh, "I'm actually worried about you. You've been experiencing ever since..."

 

The girl stops, and Chaeyoung just stares at her as if gesturing her to continue.

 

"...ever since you met Jennie. And it's gotten worse now that you're together."

 

She saw Lisa clenching her fist, and she doesn't know if it's because of worry, anger, or because of something else.

 

“Jennie may have made a mistake before. But what’s happening now is not her fault”, Chaeyoung defended the girl.

 

She never once blamed Jennie for what happened.

 

“I know, but..”, Lisa could only heave out another sigh, “Nevermind. Just...be extra careful from now on.”

 

Chaeyoung nodded, “I will. Guess trouble loves coming at me.”

 

They shared a soft chuckle, both trying to lift up the mood.

 

“By the way”, Lisa shifted the topic, “I know I told you I’ll answer your questions once we’re out of that place, but I only know little. So I texted your friend, and I think she’s on her way he—”

 

As if on cue, the door of the clinic room opened with a thud, revealing a worried Seulgi.

 

“Chaeyoung!”

 

The girl practically ran to where she was sitting, and Chaeyoung had to get up to calm the girl.

 

“Hey, Seul.”

 

“I thought I was late! I mean, I WAS late, but thank god Lisa came just in time”, Seulgi blabbered while slightly panting.

 

“I know. I was really thankful, too”, she replied, “But, how did you know?”

 

Chaeyoung was really confused when Lisa mentioned Seulgi’s name earlier, so she’s been itching to hear from her.

 

Seulgi breathes out as she prepares herself for some long explanation, “I know Irene’s plan. I mean, I do not know everything about her plan, but I knew that she was planning something because...I, um, I was kind of stalking her.”

 

The tall blonde raises a brow, but gestured the girl to continue.

 

“I’ve been stalking her social media, even her private accounts. And I also once heard from her friends about her loathe towards you, because...well, because you’re now with Jennie”, she explains, “She...She was kind of obsessed with Jennie.”

 

“I have proven that”, Chaeyoung confirms while massaging her temples.

 

“Yeah, and I know Irene. She won’t stop until she gets what she wants. And she’s so ready to eliminate anything that gets on her way. So when I learned about her plan, I immediately went to find you”, Seulgi said, “I found you in the library. But you were busy with exams so I didn’t get to warn you. I tried looking for you again just earlier, and then I saw you being taken by those men. I ran around trying to ask for help, when I bumped into Lisa. Luckily, she believed me when I told her everything, and luckily again, Irene wasn’t a good kidnapper. The warehouse was located just beside our school! Didn’t she think about all the CCTV cameras around Crossford??”

 

Seulgi breathes out after her little monologue, and Chaeyoung nodded in understanding, “So, yeah, the rest was history...I guess.”

 

“So that was what you wanted to talk about when you approached me in the library.”

 

Seulgi bobs her head in a soft nod.

 

“I should’ve listened to you, then”, she sighs, “But, well, it already happened and I’m just thankful for your help, Seul. I don’t know what would’ve happened if you didn’t tell Lisa and I wasn’t rescued. So, thank you, really.”

 

“It’s the least I can do”, Seulgi then turns to Lisa who was just listening to them, “And um...Lisa...I want to thank you, too. I was scared at first, but I know now that you’re a good person.”

 

Lisa furrows her brows in an intimidating way, “So you thought I’m a monster or something?”

 

“I...n-no, I mean...I—”

 

“Don’t scare the poor girl, Lis”, Chaeyoung chuckles before turning back to Seulgi, “Hold on. I’m just curious...how did you know Irene? Were you friends?”

 

The girl froze and gulps, before stuttering an answer, “Well, she, um...she’s my ex-girlfriend...back in highschool.”

 

Chaeyoung and Lisa shared a look, and Seulgi felt like melting right there and then because of embarrassment.

 

“So, you’re still stalking your highschool ex?”, Chaeyoung asks knowingly.

 

“I— well...sometimes”, Seulgi bites on her lip, “But what we had is all in the past now. And...she’s changed.”

 

Chaeyoung didn’t pry further because the girl looks uncomfortable talking about it. But she can tell by the sadness in the girl’s eyes that she still likes Irene. Too bad, Irene was totally blinded by her obsession.

 

The tall blonde clears , and was about to attempt to change the topic, when the door of the clinic room opened again...and came a very panicked Jennie barging inside the room.

 

“Chaeyoung!”

 

The brunette ran to her and immediately cups her face, “What happened?? Are you okay?? Where is that ??”

 

Chaeyoung held Jennie’s hands that were on her face to calm her down, “Hey, I’m fine.”

 

The girl was still wearing a thick make-up so Chaeyoung guessed she came straight from her photoshoot. Lisa probably told her what happened.

 

“You have bruises on your lip and you’re telling me you’re fine??”, Jennie exclaimed before turning to Lisa, “Where is that girl, Lili?”

 

“We took her to the Police. She’s probably in jail by now”, the tall girl meekly answered.

 

“Make sure she doesn’t come out of there. We’ll file a case. She’s not getting away with this.”

 

Jennie looks so mad right now, and Chaeyoung swears she’s extra scary when she snaps.

 

Seulgi slowly got up and pats Chaeyoung’s shoulder, “Um, Chaeyoung, I think I shou—”

 

“And who are you?!”

 

Seulgi jolted in fear and hastily hid behind Lisa as Jennie snapped on her.

 

“Yah, Seulgi’s my friend!”, Chaeyoung scolds the brunette, “She’s the one who told Lisa to help me.”

 

Jennie’s eyes soften, and she mutters a small ‘sorry’ to the girl, before thanking her.

 

She then averts her attention back to the blonde, “Lili only told me you were kidnapped. What really happened?”

 

The three girls shared a look, and all heaves out a sigh as they prepare for another long explanation.

 

~•~

 

After telling Jennie every single detail, and after making sure that Irene’s in jail, Chaeyoung was finally released from the clinic. The brunette was still shaking because of anger, but Chaeyoung kept on telling her that she’s okay to calm her down.

 

Chaeyoung was reluctant to go home at first because she didn’t know what she will tell her parents when they see her bruises. But Jennie told her to just tell them the truth, and that she’ll be by her side to help her explain.

 

So Jennie sent her home, and of course, her parents weren’t happy seeing the little bruises on her lip and hands. They told them what happened, and Chaeyoung doesn’t know what magic Jennie did to them, but they eventually calmed down. Still worried, but not panicked anymore.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay now?”, Jennie asks as they sat beside each other at the edge of Chaeyoung’s bed.

 

The blonde bobs her head in a nod, “Just a little exhausted. But I’m fine.”

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

Chaeyoung looks at the girl in worry, “What are you being sorry for?”

 

Jennie bites on her lip, “It happened because of me.”

 

“Jen...”, she held the brunette’s hand and gave it a light squeeze, “It’s not your fault it happened. You have no control over it.”

 

“You have no idea how scared I was when Lisa called me”, Jennie said in a small voice, “And I wasn’t even there to save you.”

 

“But I’m safe now, aren’t I? So stop blaming yourself, please?”

 

Jennie entwines their fingers and lifts her hand to give her knuckles soft kisses, before she lets her lips linger against the back of Chaeyoung’s palm.

 

“I promised to protect you no matter what. But I guess I’m failing”, the smaller girl looks at her with sad eyes.

 

“Hey, didn’t I just tell you to stop beating yourself over it?”, Chaeyoung cups the girl’s face with her free hand, “What matters is that you’re here now...with me. Your presence makes everything better. And that’s more important for me.”

 

“I’m blushing.”

 

The blonde lightly nudges the girl, “Don’t ever blame yourself for that, okay?”

 

Jennie nodded, “I haven’t thanked Lisa yet. I owe her my whole world.”

 

Chaeyoung tilts her head at the brunette’s choice of words, “Your whole world?”

 

“Hm. ‘Cos you are my world.”

 

It’s Chaeyoung’s turn to blush now.

 

“One moment you’re like a sad puppy, then another, you’re like some smooth talker playgirl”, she teases. 

 

“I’m stating a fact, Chaeyoung.”

 

They shared a loving smile while just staring at each other’s eyes, when Chaeyoung remembered something.

 

“I just remembered”, she voiced out, “You’re supposed to ask me something, right?”

 

Jennie gulps at that, and nervousness came over her. She honestly doesn’t know if it’s the right time to ask Chaeyoung given what happened earlier.

 

“I, um...I don’t know if now’s the right time to ask”, she meekly answered.

 

The blonde raises a brow, “What’s with that question that needs right timing?”

 

“It’s just...I just, um...”

 

Chaeyoung just stares at her. As if prompting her to just say it. Don’t hold back and just say it.

 

And Jennie thought she didn’t really need right timing. She just needs to ask the right question.

 

“Uh, Chaeyoung?”

 

The blonde hums in response while still looking at her.

 

“Can I say something crazy?”

 

Chaeyoung nodded, and Jennie could literally feel her heart pounding. This time, there’s no school bell to interrupt them. She can finally get to ask Chaeyoung. This is it.

 

“Chaeyoung”, she holds her breath as she finally asks her, “Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Jennie quickly shut her eyes after dropping the words, tensed and scared of what the answer might be. It was a good 20 seconds when she didn’t hear an answer, and she slowly flutters her eyes open to look at the girl.

 

Chaeyoung was smiling. She was just smiling at her. The brunette was confused. She’s starting to think that she might’ve asked the wrong question, when the blonde spoke.

 

“Can I say something crazy, too?”

 

After hearing that, Jennie felt like everything she’s ever wished for is finally within her reach. A smile made its way to her lips, and she knew at that moment, she can’t be any happier than how she is today.

 

Chaeyoung knew by the way Jennie’s eyes sparkle while looking at her, that she’s making the best decision in her life. Just like what she said to Irene, no can make her leave Jennie now. Whatever happens, she’ll always choose Jennie. Always. In a heartbeat.

 

“Yes”, Chaeyoung answered while staring back at Jennie’s eyes, “I will be your girlfriend.”

 

And they thought that it’s true when people say that the world seems to stop when you’re looking at the person you adore the most. ‘Cos that’s what they’re feeling at the moment. It was like the world stopped spinning just for them, and all they can feel is each other.

 

Jennie’s feeling intoxicated with Chaeyoung’s presence, and she could only think of one thing to confirm that what’s happening is real.

 

“Can I...say something even crazier?”, the brunette asks again.

 

The tall blonde hums, not tearing her eyes away from the girl.

 

“Can I...kiss you?”

 

Chaeyoung was barely nodding when Jennie leant into her personal space, gently cups her cheeks, and presses her lips against hers as softly as possible. It was only a lingering peck but Chaeyoung could already feel her world spinning, the butterflies in her stomach won’t stop swirling.

 

The brunette pulls back shortly to once again stare at her eyes, and before she could even utter a word, Jennie dives back in to claim her lips in a sweet kiss.

 

Intoxicating.

 

That’s what she’s feeling as Jennie’s lips started moving against hers in a soft manner, and she shuts the world behind as she starts kissing the girl back.