34th

Falling All In You

Chaeyoung was perplexed when Jennie suddenly ended their night at that. Well, sure it's getting late already, but what worries her is the look on the brunette's face after her call with butler Jung. It was as if Jennie's back to her resting face era. She tried asking the girl about it, but she just told her that her dad's back from New York, and that he wanted to see his only daughter...immediately.

 

So as soon as the yacht landed back on the shore, they almost hastily got off of it. Chaeyoung just followed the brunette until they're back at the beach where the vehicles are waiting.

 

"Text me when you get home, okay?", Jennie told her, before tiptoeing to place a kiss on her forehead.

 

She watches Jennie's back as the girl gets into her own car and sped away.

 

"Shall we go now, Lady Chaeyoung?"

 

She heard one bodyguard spoke beside her. She notices how he's holding the door for her, so she just nodded and get into the car. The ride home was filled with thoughts. Chaeyoung was trying to convince herself that everything's fine and nothing bad's gonna happen, but Jennie's expression makes it hard for her to believe herself.

 

Will they be alright?

 

~•~

 

Jennie stepped inside their mansion still holding that irritated look on her face. She suddenly regretted taking that call from butler Jung. Her date was ruined just because someone decided to come back from god-knows-where like he didn't disappear for years at all.

 

With heavy stomps, she makes her way to the largest room in the house and barged in the door without bothering to knock. There she saw him sitting on his swivel chair with a cup of tea in hand.

 

So he's really back. Her dad, or if she can even call him that.

 

"What do you want from me?", she spat as soon as she's infront of the man.

 

Chairman Kim looks up from his tea, and smiles upon seeing her daughter. Jennie hated that. If there's one thing she loathes the most, it's the fact that she looks just exactly as her father.

 

"Well, hello to you too, Jennie", the man places her cup down on the table, "How's my baby girl doing?"

 

'He gotta be kidding me', Jennie raises a brow.

 

"And since when did you care about how I'm doing?", she gritted her teeth.

 

"I'm not liking how you answer to me, Jennie Kim", the man straightens his face.

 

"Just tell me what the hell do you want from me so I can go."

 

"Can't I see my daughter now? I've been gone for so long, and I can't even ask my daughter how she's doing?"

 

Jennie scoffs. If her father's joking, it surely is not a funny joke.

 

"So what now, after disappearing for years, you suddenly decided to become a father? You amaze me sometimes", her words were full of sarcasm.

 

Chairman Kim stood up from his seat, the smile he had earlier was gone, "You know the reason why I always had to go, Jennie."

 

"Yeah? Your stupid company, of course. And your money, sure, all you care about is your money. I know that very well."

 

"Jennie, I have a whole conglomerate to take care of."

 

"Then just literally mind your own business. 'Cos I'm perfectly fine on my own."

 

Chairman Kim brought a hand to massage his temples. This is how conversation with Jennie goes every single time. And he'll never win no matter how much he tried.

 

"One day, you're going to succeed the company and everything that I have. By then, you'll finally understand where I am coming from. I'm doing this for you, and for the future of this family", he spoke in a stern voice, "Millions of people are counting on me."

 

'Yet, your own daughter couldn't even count on you', Jennie wanted to say, but kept it at the back of her tongue.

 

"Is that all you have to say? 'Cos I'm in tired and I want to sleep already."

 

The man could only shake his head before answering, "I'll be having a corporate event on Saturday to celebrate the success of our New York satellite. You have to be there."

 

'Great, another boring business party', she thought.

 

"I really don't have any choice, do I? If I don't want my credit cards suspended, of course I should come", she rolled her eyes before scoffing.

 

"And one more thing...bring your girlfriend to the party."

 

That made Jennie snap her head to her father, eyes widening in surprise.

 

“What?!”

 

“You have a girlfriend, right?”, Chairman Kim sat back on her seat before taking out a brown envelope from the drawer of his table, “Her name’s...Roseanne Park?”

 

He took out the contents of the envelope and laid them across the table for Jennie to see. The brunette couldn’t believe her eyes. All this time, her father’s still monitoring her every move. He was not physically present, but he’s got eyes to watch over whatever Jennie’s doing.

 

Damn. She curses under her breath as she lets her eyes scan the pictures on the table one by one. They were pictures of her and Chaeyoung together. At school, at the aquarium, even at the camp. She hadn’t realized they were being watched.

 

“Leave her alone”, Jennie said firmly, clenching her fist.

 

“What? I just want to meet my daughter’s girlfriend”, the man shrugs.

 

“Whatever we have is none of your business. Leave her alone.”

 

“You wouldn’t want to be engaged with some business tycoon’s daughter, right? Then bring your girlfriend to me and I’ll judge if she’s right for you.”

 

“You—”

 

Both of Jennie’s fists are balled now. Her father can manipulate her all he wants, but she’s not letting him drag Chaeyoung into this.

 

“Jennie, will you calm down? I just want to meet your girlfriend”, Chairman Kim said as he leaned back on his chair, “She seems nice.”

 

“What if I don’t want you to meet her?”, she shot back.

 

“You know very well that I am not asking for a favor, Jennie. I am telling you to bring your girlfriend to the party.”

 

Jennie gritted her teeth. Of course she knows that very well. And she knows what her father can do if she disobeys him. She hates this man with every fiber of her being.

 

“I’m done talking to you”, Jennie said, before turning on her heels.

 

She was reaching for the doorknob when her father called her again.

 

“Jennie?”

 

She closes her eyes for a brief moment, and breathes out, before turning to face the man again.

 

“What?”

 

Her father gestures to the pictures scattered on the table, “I’ve never seen you smile like this before.”

 

It was true. In almost every picture, Jennie was captured either smiling or laughing with Chaeyoung.

 

Chairman Kim looks up at her, a small smile appearing on his lips, “This girl must be something.”

 

Jennie stares for a moment, before she completely turned around and left the room.

 

Whatever her father’s plan is, she’ll make sure she’ll protect Chaeyoung. If she ever has to choose between things, she will always choose the girl. Always.

 

Jennie walks to her own room and slumps herself against the cotton mattress. She checks her phone and saw a message from her girlfriend.

 

Girlfriend.

 

That thought brings a smile to her lips. Only Chaeyoung can make her feel better. And she still has to apologize to the girl for ruining their date. So instead of texting her back, she pressed the call button and waited for the girl to answer.

 

Hoping that things stay as fine as they are now.

 

~•~

 

Chaeyoung fixed her things as soon as she heard the bell rang, and stepped out of their lecture room. It was her last class this Thursday afternoon, and Jennie texted her to meet the girl in their private coffee shop just inside the campus.

 

Jennie had called her last night to apologize for ending their date that way. The brunette explained her things with her father, and Chaeyoung understands that. Though she admits that she’s kind of afraid for what will happen to their relationship now that Jennie’s father is here. Will he accept Chaeyoung? Or will he break them apart?

 

Thoughts flooded Chaeyoung until she reaches the coffee shop. Jennie was already seated in a table, and the brunette automatically smiles upon seeing her. She greeted the girl with a brief hug, before they both settled on their seats.

 

“I already ordered you bubble tea, and cheesecake, right?”, Jennie told her with a smile.

 

Now, someone’s being a sweetheart.

 

“Yup, thank you, miss Kim”, she playfully answered, “Where’s Jisoo and Lisa?”

 

“If I had heard them correctly, they said they’re going to kart race.”

 

“Kart race?”

 

“Hm. Those two just do whatever floats their boat”, Jennie sips on her coffee.

 

“That sounds fun, though. Why didn’t you go with them?”

 

“I’d rather see you.”

 

The brunette flashes her a wink, and she’s about to smack her when a waitress approached them to serve their orders.

 

Chaeyoung lightly kicks Jennie’s foot under the table once the waitress left.

 

“What was that for?”, Jennie chuckles.

 

“For being corny.”

 

Chaeyoung playfully rolls her eyes before sipping on her bubble tea.

 

“By the way, about last night...”, the brunette started.

 

She waves a hand at the girl, “You already apologized, Jen. I understand.”

 

“Yeah, but there’s one more thing I need to tell you.”

 

Chaeyoung raises a brow, “What is it?”

 

Jennie breathes out before answering, “My dad will host a formal business party this Saturday. And he’s inviting you.”

 

Chaeyoung almost choked on her drink at that, “What? Me? He’s inviting me?”

 

Jennie nodded, “He wanted to meet you.”

 

Chaeyoung felt even more scared hearing that. She didn’t know she’ll have to face Jennie’s father this soon.

 

“But, what if...”, she looks down, “What if he doesn’t like me?”

 

“Then he gotta off, I guess”, the brunette deadpanned.

 

“Jen!”

 

“Chaeng, whether he’ll like you or not, nothing can stop me from dating you.”

 

“But that’s your father. You told me he can do anything he wants, right?”

 

“Yes, but I won’t let him drag you into whatever he is planning.”

 

“Jennie...”

 

“Chaeyoung, you know I’ll fight the world for you.”

 

That silenced Chaeyoung. No matter what the situation is, Jennie never failed to make her feel better.

 

She kicks the girl’s foot under the table once again.

 

“Now what was that for?”

 

“For being cheesy.”

 

They both bubbled into a soft chuckle.

 

“Seriously, Chaeng, I’ll let him meet you once. Whatever his decision will be, I’m going to fight for you.”

 

Chaeyoung suddenly felt her eyes moistening, “You’re too good to me. I can’t even stress this enough.”

 

“Only because you have such cute chipmunk cheeks”, Jennie jokes, trying to lift up the mood.

 

“Really? Only because of my cheeks??”

 

“And maybe because of your height, too. I’ve always envied your height.”

 

Chaeyoung’s lips slowly curl into a smile, “Thank you, Jen.”

 

“Anything for you, beautiful.”

 

“Wait...”

 

“What?”

 

“You said it’s a formal party?”, Chaeyoung gasps as realization hit her, “I don’t have anything to wear to that.”

 

Jennie clicks her tongue, “Really now, Chaeng? You’re stressing over what to wear when your girlfriend here is a fashion god?”

 

Chaeyoung wanted to smack her overconfidence, but she realized Jennie’s just spitting facts. The girl really is a fashion god.

 

“Okay, but how can I buy?”

 

“Do you fancy Chanel?”

 

“Jen, that’s—”

 

“Let’s go shop for your dress!”

 

~•~

 

And they ended up going to the mall that afternoon because Jennie won’t stop being ecstatic with the word ‘shopping’. Chaeyoung thought it’s gonna be just simple shopping, but boy, Lady Jennie Kim closed the whole mall just so Chaeyoung can choose a dress peacefully.

 

“How about this one?”, she asks as she lifts the dress in hand.

 

“Hmm...too plain, I think”, Jennie answered, “Try finding another.”

 

Chaeyoungs sighs and slumps her shoulders. This was the nth dress that she showed to the girl, yet it still didn’t pass mademoiselle Jennie Kim’s taste. She’s not good at this, can’t she just wear a pair of hoodie and jeans?

 

“How about this one?”, she lifts another.

 

“Too colorful”, Jennie answered.

 

“Ugh! I’m done with this! I’ll just wear some hoodie, I don’t care”, she blurted in frustration.

 

But Jennie just chuckled at her.

 

“Alright, I’ll help you choose”, the brunette said before stepping into the clothing displays.

 

“Why didn’t you offer sooner??”

 

“Because you’re cute when you’re frustrated.”

 

“God, I hate you.”

 

Jennie just winks at her, and proceeded to search for a dress.

 

“Um, Lady Jennie, we have more displays in this section”, one sales lady approached the brunette, gesturing her to the next clothing section, “Y-You might want to check the dresses there.”

 

Chaeyoung squints her eyes at the girl and scans her. Her cheeks were flushed in crimson red, and Chaeyoung didn’t know if it was because of her thick makeup or what.

 

“Try this one, Lady Jennie. It’s a limited edition from Paris.”

 

And Chaeyoung notices how this girl was overly smiling at Jennie while tucking her own hair behind her ear like an infatuated teenager.

 

“Do you like it, Lady Jennie?”

 

When the sales lady’s hand brushes against Jennie’s arm, that’s when Chaeyoung lost it and she marches towards them.

 

“Eherm”, she walks between them and clears knowingly, “Have you chosen already, Jennie-ah?”

 

Jennie raises a brow at the blonde’s tone. It’s much softer than usual.

 

“Well, yeah, I think this one fits you best”, the brunette answered, lifting a dress in hand.

 

“Alright then, I’ll try it on, Jennie-ah”, Chaeyoung said with that same tone while subtly pulling Jennie away from the sales lady.

 

“Are you okay, Chaeng?”

 

“Of course, I’m okay. Why wouldn’t I be okay, Jennie-ah.”

 

Jennie blinks for a moment, before bubbling in a quiet laugh, “Hey, are you jealous?”

 

Chaeyoung lightly hits her arm and pulls her even further so the sales lady couldn’t hear them, “Me? Jealous? Why would I be jealous? It’s not like she’s just openly flirting with you, right?”

 

“You are totally jealous.”

 

“I’m not?!”

 

“She was just helping me pick a dress, though”, Jennie was biting back a smile.

 

“Was touching your arm necessary, though? She was obviously flirting with you.”

 

“See, you’re jealous”, Jennie was trying hard not to cackle.

 

“I told you I’m no—”

 

Jennie cut her off with a quick kiss on her cheek.

 

“I’m all yours, love.”

 

Chaeyoung could feel heat creeping up her cheeks, and she knows she looks awkward there trying to suppress her smile.

 

Damn you Jennie smooth talker Kim.

 

“Now, try the dress on. I know it’ll look really good on you”, Jennie grins while playfully pushing her towards the fitting room.

 

Another thing Jennie has learned about Chaeyoung...she was mad adorable when she’s jealous.

 

~•~

 

It was quarter past 6pm when Jennie sent Chaeyoung home from the mall. They finally settled on the last dress she tried on, which by the way costs probably more than their whole residence, but Jennie insisted to buy it, so. She could never understand rich people.

 

She tried inviting Jennie over for dinner but the brunette told her that her father had called her for a last minute meeting with their company’s board of directors. Her girlfriend is a freaking heiress, for goodness’s sake.

 

So Jennie immediately left after making sure Chaeyoung got inside their house safely.

 

Chaeyoung placed the paper bags on the counter, and was about to walk to her room to change, when she remembered she forgot to lock the gate. So she walked back outside, and notices a white car slowly passing by the road. She thought it’ll just pass by, but it startled her when the car pulled over infront of their house.

 

Chaeyoung waited for seconds until someone stepped out of the car. Her brows furrowed in astonishment and confusion upon seeing the person.

 

“Lisa?”

 

Chaeyoung pushed the gate open to approach the girl. Lisa walks towards her as well.

 

“Chipmunk.”

 

“Hey, what brings you here? I thought you were kart racing with Jisoo?”, she asked.

 

That was when she noticed Lisa’s reddened cheeks and droopy eyes, and how the girl was lightly swaying while walking towards her.

 

“Lisa, are you drunk?”, she asked again, “Oh my god, how did you manage to drive?”

 

Chaeyoung held both of the girl’s arms to hold her in place, but Lisa just smiled at her.

 

“Chipmunk...”

 

“Why are you drunk driving?? Do you know how dangerous that is?”

 

Lisa didn’t answer. The girl was just staring at her with a lazy smile on her face. Chaeyoung was about to scold her again, but froze when Lisa steps in and throws her slender arms around her, taking her by surprise.

 

Chaeyoung froze on her ground. Lisa was hugging her while mumbling incoherent words against her shoulder. The girl was probably too drunk to form a sentence.

 

Seconds after and she felt the girl’s arms slid down, along with the weight of her body. Great, now Lisa just passed out. 

 

With all her strength, she guided Lisa’s drunk inside their house and placed her on one of their chairs. Her parents worriedly asked her about it but she didn’t know how to answer them either. She’s just as confused.

 

She figured she would have to call Jennie to pick up the girl, but remembered she was having a meeting with her father. So she dialled Jisoo’s number instead. Good thing, the purple haired girl was just driving around the corner, so Chaeyoung gave her their address and waited for her to pick Lisa up.

 

Chaeyoung turns her attention back to the sleeping blonde. Why would the girl come to her place drunk? Did she want to tell her something?

 

‘What’s happening to you, Lisa?’

 

Her thoughts were dismissed when their doorbell rang. She immediately ran to the door expectantly, and she was greeted by a worried-looking Jisoo.

 

“Hey, Rosie.”

 

“Jisoo, she’s inside”, she holds the door for her and lets her in.

 

Jisoo immediately made her way to the blonde, slightly crouching to check on her.

 

“You said she drove here drunk?”, Jisoo asks.

 

“Yeah, I don’t know how she managed to drive. That was very dangerous”, Chaeyoung answered in the same worried tone, “I thought you were kart racing together?”

 

“We did. But she left after that, and I didn’t know she’ll drink.”

 

Chaeyoung observes Jisoo’s expression and it’s her first time seeing the girl this serious. Her eyes were a mix of worry and sadness. And it’s so foreign seeing these emotions in the girl.

 

“I’ll take her home. I’ll just send a butler to pick up her car”, Jisoo said after a little while, “Thanks for watching over her, Rosie.”

 

“Yeah. Take care, you two.”

 

She helped Jisoo carry Lisa to the car, and she bid them goodbye as Jisoo drove off...leaving Chaeyoung confused.

 

What the hell was that?