27th

Falling All In You

Monday came, and it’s back to school for Chaeyoung. She was so excited to drive her scooter for the first time in a week, she even got up really early to clean it. So she totally didn’t know what to feel when a red lamborghini pulled up infront of their house, musing a grinning brunette.

 

Jennie picked her up and reasoned out that her foot might hurt a little more if she drives her scooter, so she came to offer a ride. 

 

That was a very lame excuse, if you may ask Chaeyoung. But the grinning dumpling was being so adorable, and Chaeyoung doesn’t have the heart to reject her. So to summarize their Monday morning, Jennie and Chaeyoung came to school together on a fancy Lambo.

 

The moment they entered the campus, and Jennie opened the car door for her, she swears all jaws were on the floor. Everybody was literally gaping at them. And as if that wasn’t enough, Jennie held Chaeyoung’s hand infront of everyone, and entwines their fingers, before leading her to her first subject.

 

Chaeyoung was feeling a little shy under everyone’s gazes, but the brunette doesn’t seem to mind it. She seems to be in a really good mood, smiling at her every now and then, while lightly swaying their entwined hands.

 

She likes this Jennie. And she’s looking forward to meet the other sides of the girl that she hasn’t seen yet.

 

By the time they reached her room, Chaeyoung’s face was beet red.

 

“So...I’ll see you in lunch?”, Jennie turned to her when they stopped infront of the room.

 

The tall blonde nodded and gave Jennie a shy smile.

 

“I’ll miss you”, Jennie said again.

 

Chaeyoung bubbles into a soft laugh, and lightly slaps the brunette’s shoulder, “It’ll only be a few hours.”

 

“But still”, Jennie’s now pouting, and Chaeyoung can feel herself melting at that.

 

“Come on. 3 hours isn’t that long”, she gives her hand a light squeeze, “You’ll be late for your class if you don’t hurry.”

 

“It doesn’t matter. I own the school.”

 

“Don’t wait until I kick you outta here myself.”

 

They shared a laugh, before Jennie unwillingly lets go of her hand.

 

“Text me after your class, okay?”, the brunette steps back.

 

“I will. Study well, yes?”

 

Jennie nodded and they both waved goodbye while grinning like idiots.

 

Chaeyoung entered her room, and she once again felt intimidated with all the eyes staring at her. She just shrugged them off and went straight to her seat beside the twins.

 

“Did we see that right, Park Chaeyoung?”, Yin asked as soon as she was seated.

 

“I— what?”, she plays dumb.

 

“You and Jennie?”

 

Chaeyoung heaves out a sigh, before answering, “Look, I know you’re gonna scold me...but I swear it just happened.”

 

“What happened?”, Yang butted in.

 

“Uh...me and Jennie?”, she whispers to the twins.

 

“So you’re really together??”, Yin asked in surprise, but in a hushed tone.

 

“I...I’m not really sure, but we kind of...um”, Chaeyoung scratches the back of her head, “We confessed...to each other?”

 

“So you really like Jennie?”, Yang butted in again.

 

She pursed her lips and nodded shyly.

 

“And you’re kind of together?”

 

“Um...we still haven’t talked about the labels, but...”

 

“But you like each other! Oh my god”, Yang held both sides of his head in exaggeration.

 

“Yah, tone it down!”

 

Yin swats his brother before turning back to Chaeyoung with a serious face, “Chaeng, are you sure about this?”

 

Chaeyoung heaves out yet another sigh, “I know what you’ve always told me. But just like what I always tell you, there’s nothing to worry about. Jennie’s changed. And I’m sure she won’t do anything that can hurt me.”

 

“It just...We just can’t help but to worry, considering everything that’s happened before.”

 

“Well, people change. And I think it’s better to just leave everything in the past”, Chaeyoung told them sincerely.

 

Yin nodded, still unsure, “I still can’t believe that this is happening...but if this makes you happy, then who are we to interfere, right?”

 

“Say, Chaeng. If that midget ever hurt you, we won’t even think twice about plucking all her small teeth out”, Yang threatened.

 

Chaeyoung lets out a soft chuckle, “When did you become so violent, huh?”

 

“Seriously, though, Chaeng. Whatever happens, you always have our backs”, Yin said sincerely.

 

“And I’m always thankful for that”, she offers a soft smile.

 

They paused for a while, before Yin spoke again, “By the way, that girl who broke your ankle...”

 

Chaeyoung remembered her first agenda once she comes back to school. She really wanted to talk to that girl so she’d finally know why she did what she did.

 

“She’s sitting infront, by the window”, Yin continued, “And she’s been glaring at you since you entered the room.”

 

Chaeyoung tips her head to her right, and there she is. The girl who caused her so much trouble is glaring at her like there’s no tomorrow. It’s only when she stared back at her, that the girl finally looked away.

 

“You’re planning to talk to her?”, Yin asks.

 

She hums a yes, “I need closure. She couldn’t just do that to me with no reason at all.”

 

“Just be careful, Chaeng. We heard she’s a daughter of an influencial politician. We wouldn’t want you to get into another trouble.”

 

“Don’t worry, I’ll talk to her in the calmest way possible”, she looks back at the girl, “What’s her name, by the way?”

 

Just then, their professor entered the room, and all chit-chats died down. But before the discussion starts, Yin managed to lean over Chaeyoung’s side and whispers a hushed, “Her name’s Irene. Irene Bae.”

 

~•~

 

Chaeyoung’s class ended right before lunch, and she immediately texted Jennie that there’s just something she has to do first. The twins offered to accompany her in confronting that Irene girl, but she politely rejected. She wants to deal with this on her own.

 

So she waited outside their room until Irene Bae steps out, and calls out to the girl.

 

“Hey, um...Irene, right?”, she catches up to her.

 

The girl stops on her tracks, and turns to her, before tossing her yet another glare, “What do you want?”

 

Chaeyoung gulps subtly. This girl looks more intimidating than she thinks.

 

“Um, I just want to talk about what happened back in the camp.”

 

“What about it?”

 

“You know...what you did to me back there”, she tried to speak as calm as possible.

 

“Oh, that?”, Irene looks at her in a disgusted way, “You deserve that.”

 

Chaeyoung was starting to clench her fist. If this girl won’t cooperate, she’s not sure if she can still stay calm throughout this talk.

 

“Can I just please know why you did that? Because I don’t remember doing anything bad to you.”

 

“Oh please, you’re acting innocent now?”, Irene snickers, “I can’t believe you even have the guts to confront me.”

 

Chaeyoung just gets even more confused with that, “What do you mean I’m acting innocent? I don’t really know what I did to you. Heck, I barely know you.”

 

Irene steps closer to her, and she backs away in reflex, “You really wanna know why I did that?”

 

She didn’t answer, but held her gaze firmly.

 

“Because you’re a flirt.”

 

Irene tosses her one last glare before turning on her back and walks away...leaving a baffled Chaeyoung.

 

“What does that even mean?”, she tells to herself.

 

Chaeyoung stayed still for a good 30 seconds, racking her brain about what Irene said, when she felt a pair of hands covering her eyes.

 

“Guess who?”, someone whispers in her ear.

 

She could only shake her head at Jennie, and she almost forgot about Irene as she decided to tease the brunette.

 

“Um, Jisoo?”, she answered cheekily.

 

The hands immediately retracted, and Chaeyoung turns around to find a pouting Jennie.

 

“What Jisoo? Why would Jisoo cover your eyes, huh?”

 

Chaeyoung chuckles, “Oh, it’s you. I’m surprised you can reach my eyes.”

 

“I— Jisoo’s as short as me! Why would you—”

 

“Yo, Rosie my friend!”

 

As if on cue, Jisoo and Lisa approached them in the hallway.

 

“Jennie’s been looking for you since the bell rang”, Jisoo playfully draped an arm over Chaeyoung, “Girly couldn’t eat lunch without you. This clingy dumpling.”

 

Jennie just glared at her friend.

 

“And why is this dumpling glaring at me?”

 

Chaeyoung bubbles in a soft laugh as she surely knows why.

 

“She’s just hungry. Come on?”, Chaeyoung held Jennie’s hand and offers a soft smile.

 

The brunette’s mood changes almost instantly. Talk about being whipped.

 

Chaeyoung spent the rest of the day studying for next week’s exams. She doesn’t share her afternoon classes with that Irene girl, so she didn’t see her again. 

 

The girl didn’t give her any closure about the incident, so she’s planning to talk to her again. Maybe not anytime soon, but eventually, she needs to talk to her again.

 

~•~

 

I know I disappeared again, but we finally have teaser posters! I’m crying, the pinks are so beautiful 😭 Can’t wait for June 26 ❤️

 

Love ya’ll!