11th

Falling All In You

Chaeyoung opened her eyes as the music came to an end and she was welcomed with nothing. Jennie's not there anymore. She lets her eyes roam around the studio but the brunette was really gone.

 

"I knew it. That devil's really up to something."

 

She gritted her teeth and got up from the stool when the door suddenly opened, revealing a straight-faced Jennie.

 

"You done already?" the brunette asked and walked towards her.

 

"Uh, no, I just noticed you were gone", she answered, "I thought you're up to no good again."

 

Jennie shook her head, "I see it's really hard for you to trust me."

 

"Yeah, I totally have trust issues with you."

 

The brunette lets out a humorless chuckle before turning into her serious face, "How did you know that song, by the way?"

 

"What song?"

 

"That song you just played."

 

"Oh, that one? That's a piece of the great Stella Kim."

 

Jennie subtly clenched her fist at the mention of the name but didn't show it.

 

"I'm a huge fan of her. Her music really inspired me a lot since I was young", the blonde continued with a smile, "and that one's my favorite piece of hers."

 

Jennie nodded, not meeting Chaeyoung's eyes, "You're...good. Well considering that the official version was never released. Only the unedited version with no music sheet."

 

"I play by the ears", she answered, "I didn't know how to read music sheets before, so, yeah."

 

The brunette nodded again and an uncomfortable silence engulfs them afterwards. 

 

"You must be a fan, too", Chaeyoung spoke, earning the other girl's attention.

 

"What?"

 

"You knew the official version was never released. You must be her fan, too."

 

Jennie looked at her with an unreadable expression. She doesn't know why, but her usual cocky and sharp eyes looked so empty right now. Or maybe it's just her imagination?

 

"I just...know her", the brunette replied flatly before changing the subject, "The first one you played. Was that your original?"

 

Chaeyoung shrugged off her thoughts and nodded, "Yeah, the one I'll be performing on wednesday."

 

"That sounded like an actual song with lyrics. Why didn't you sing it?"

 

"I'm not yet done with the lyrics. I'm kind of detailed with my words, so, I'm still working on it."

 

"Ooh, a perfectionist, huh."

 

"Shut up."

 

Jennie chuckled before grabbing a stool and settling infront of the piano, "I can help with the lyrics."

 

"I'm sorry?" she blinked at her.

 

"I said I can help you with the lyrics. Give me the sheet."

 

"No way. I can do it."

 

"Just give me the sheet."

 

"There's no way I'll show you my—"

 

Chaeyoung was cut off when the other girl grabs her bag and took out her pink notebook.

 

"Is it here?" Jennie asks while flipping through the notebook's pages.

 

"I— you devil, don't touch my stuff!" she yelled while reaching for her notebook from the brunette's grasp.

 

"Hmm...aha! It's here!" Jennie lifted the page and stood up abruptly, causing Chaeyoung to fall on her .

 

"I swear one day I'll throw you to the sea and let the piranhas eat you!" Chaeyoung rants while rubbing her , trying to get up.

 

The brunette ignored her and carefully scans the scribbles on her notebook, as if judging her composition.

 

"Can you play this again?" Jennie spoke without sparing her a glance.

 

"Excuse me?" she asks once she managed to get up from the floor.

 

Jennie turned back to her seat and looked at her, "Play this again. I'll need to hear it to know the right words to fill in."

 

"Are you a genius or something?"

 

"I'm confident with my ears."

 

Chaeyoung just stared at her looking unconvinced.

 

"What now?" the brunette quirks a brow, "You gotta trust me on this."

 

"Why would I?"

 

Jennie puffed her cheeks in slight annoyance, "I've been doing this for as long as I can remember. You asked if I'm a genius? I can brag all I want, because I really am."

 

The blonde squinted her eyes at the girl's overly-boosted confidence. All of a sudden, she wanted to know if Jennie's just all bragging.

 

"Alright, then. Show me what you got, Miss Genius?" she slightly glared at the brunette before sitting back infront of the piano.

 

Jennie rolled her eyes but didn't talk back when Chaeyoung started playing with the keys again. She focused on the paper on her hand while attentively listening to the melody. Chaeyoung reached the chorus and that's when Jennie noticed what's lacking.

 

It is a love song. She didn't know when was the last time she felt love, but she knew something or some words were missing in the chorus. She reached for a pen and started scribbling on the paper while Chaeyoung continues with the melody.

 

Believe it or not, but it only took Jennie 3 minutes and 17 seconds, which was the exact length of the song, to finalize the lyrics. Chaeyoung stopped playing and looked over the big piano to see how Jennie did.

 

"So, what now, Miss Genius?" she got up and walked towards the brunette with her arms crossed over her chest.

 

The girl smirks before handing her the notebook, "All done. I also changed the title. That one suits the song best."

 

Chaeyoung took her notebook and scans her composition suspiciously. She was actually expecting to see messy doodles on it as part of the devil's pranks, but she's surprised upon seeing neat scribblings in between the lyrics she initially wrote. She took her time reading the revisions and couldn't believe it was actually way better than hers.

 

"You just missed some phrases in the chorus. Good song, nonetheless", Jennie added while looking at the blonde's disbelief face. 

 

"I..." Chaeyoung was lost for words, "...thanks, I guess?"

 

The brunette chuckled proudly, "I told you I'm a genius. I'm good at everything, Mozart and Einstein are shaking."

 

Chaeyoung scoffed at her remark, "Yeah, almost perfect. Except your teeth are unbelievably small."

 

"I—"

 

"Okay, I'm done practicing! Thank you for your help! Goodbye!" she hastily put her notebook inside her bag and was about to sprint away when Jennie's hand stopped her, yet again.

 

"What did you just say about my teeth?" Jennie pulled her closer by her arm.

 

"Uh, that they're...small?"

 

"I...they're not small! My gums are just e—"

 

Their little banter was interrupted when Jennie's phone rang. She fishes it out from her coat's pocket and answered the call. Chaeyoung was internally planning how to escape Jennie's grasp, but dismissed it once the call ended shortly.

 

"I have to go to my schedule now", the brunette said and tucks her phone back to her coat's pocket.

 

"Great. I have to go now, too", Chaeyoung answered and tries to free her arm from the other girl's hold.

 

"Nope. You're coming with me."

 

"What?!"

 

"I said you're coming with me."

 

"And why would I do that?"

 

"Because you're Blackpink's friend now."

 

Chaeyoung stared at the girl's dumb reasoning. Her ears are starting to irritate with that 'Blackpink friend' thingy. She never wanted to be their friends anyway.

 

"You're annoying. I'm gonna go now. Goodbye!"

 

She tried to escape again, but this time, Jennie's arms were locked around her waist. She stood there frozen not only because Jennie's holding her tight, but because the proximity is too close that she can clearly smell Jennie's expensive perfume. 

 

She was about to try to resist when she made a very wrong decision of turning her head to face the brunette. Their faces were indeed just inches away and she could clearly see the very outline of Jennie's face. She is beautiful. And Chaeyoung is just a mere human who knows how to appreciate an art.

 

"Let's go."

 

The next thing she knew, she was being dragged again to yet another luxurious car. And she couldn't help but rethink all her decisions in life.

 

~•~

 

This is your schedule?” Chaeyoung asked once they entered the sophisticated building of Chanel Korea.

 

She heard Jennie hum, “Hmm. I have a photoshoot today.”

 

“Photoshoot?!” she turned to the brunette, “You model for Chanel?”

 

“What do you mean I model for Chanel? I am Chanel’s muse”, Jennie emphasized, “Haven’t you seen my face in billboards and Chanel stores?”

 

“I don’t even wear Chanel, how would I know?” she asked back, “Wait- and what am I even doing here? Why did you bring me here?”

 

“Because you’re Blackpi—”

 

“Blackpink’s friend? I didn’t even agree to that in the first place. Take me home.”

 

Jennie ignored her when they reached a studio. The staff, presumably because of the shirt they are wearing, immediately approached Jennie and took her bag and coat for her. Chaeyoung wondered for a moment if they’re Chanel’s staff or Jennie’s assistants.

 

“Wait for me here. You’ll know later why I brought you here”, Jennie told her before disappearing with the staff.

 

The blonde was left with no choice but to wait since she doesn’t know how to get home from this place. And her scooter was left in the school again. She looked around the studio and spotted a couch in the corner. She walked over there and took a seat.

 

Fifteen minutes have passed and she was getting impatient when she finally saw Jennie stepped out of the dressing room. The girl changed into a black fitted dress topped with a khaki fur coat and black leather fur boots. Chaeyoung looked on as the brunette stood before the blinding lights, a large white background behind her.

 

Just then, Jennie started posing for the camera and shutter sounds filled the studio. Chaeyoung gawked at how professional Jennie is in this field. It was like she’s been doing this her whole life. The attitude and feistiness were natural and she would’ve been intimidated, but she finds it hot.

 

Jennie changed into two more outfits and Chaeyoung almost forgot that she was annoyed as she continues to watch the brunette. She didn’t even notice when the shoot ended and Jennie stood infront of her.

 

“This is Hana”, Jennie introduced a petite staff beside her, “She’ll help you get dressed. Come with her.”

 

“What—why would I...”

 

“You’ll model for Chanel”, the brunette simply answered as if it’s the most normal thing in the world.

 

“You know you’re bad at joking.”

 

“I’m not kidding, though. I brought you here to model for Chanel.”

 

Chaeyoung’s eyes widened animatedly, “I’m sorry?? But why would I model for Chanel??”

 

Before Jennie could answer, Chaeyoung spoke again, “And don’t you dare tell me it’s because I am Blackpink’s friend.”

 

Jennie bites back a smirk, “I’m actually scouting for new models, and I think you have potential, so, yeah.”

 

“You’re an heiress, not a scout agent. Don’t fool around, Jennie Kim.”

 

“It’s true, though”, the brunette’s trying hard to not even smile at her lie, “Anyways, you should get changed now. The photographer’s waiting for you and I already signed your contract.”

 

“I—why would you even sign it without my permi...”

 

Jennie started pushing the ranting blonde gently towards the staff, “...I swear if this is another prank, I’ll shave your head bald with my bare hands!”

 

The girl was still complaining but she was already dragged by the staff inside the dressing room.

 

Jennie lets out a quiet chuckle and settles on the couch. A staff handed her a cup of coffee and she waits for a couple minutes until Chaeyoung stepped out of the dressing room. The girl was wearing a red tube dress with a black belt, matched with a large black hat and a pair of black boots and gloves.

 

Jennie looked on as the blonde timidly walks to the center, facing the photographer. Her hair and make-up was nicely done and Jennie’s eyes were suddenly glued to the girl as if she’s the only thing her eyes are capable of seeing at the moment. Suddenly, the shabby dumpling girl was gone and all she could see was a fine young lady in red.

 

“Alright, smile for the camera”, the photographer instructed before adjusting the lenses.

 

Chaeyoung complied but her smile ended up looking awkward. She’s not good at this, heck, she didn’t even sign up for this. She stood there still rethinking all her desicions in life.

 

“Smile naturally”, the photographer instructed again.

 

Chaeyoung did smile again, but just like the first one, it ended up looking just as awkward.

 

“This won’t do. You need to smile naturally and not forced”, the photographer complained while reviewing his first few shots.

 

Jennie saw the whole thing and she got up from the couch and walked to where Chaeyoung and the photographer are.

 

“Chaeyoung-ah”, she softly called out, gaining the attention of the blonde, “Think of something that really made you laugh.”

 

She saw Chaeyoung lifted her head in ponder, and breaks into a smile. Jennie thought her strategy was effective when the girl started bubbling into a laugh. The photographer wasted no time as shutter sounds filled the studio once more, capturing those cheeky smiles and laugh of the chipmunk.

 

Jennie watches intently that she didn’t realize the shoot was over and the photographer was mumbling something beside her.

 

“She really has potentials, Lady Jennie”, the photographer commented, “She is beautiful.”

 

Jennie turned her eyes back to Chaeyoung and with the softest voice, she answered:

 

“She is.”