16th

Falling All In You

Chaeyoung went to school that afternoon with a certain brunette on her head. She doesn't know why she's thinking of that small person, but she couldn't help but wonder what her words meant. And she's also noticing that the girl was being overly nice to her, smiling to her a lot, and it honestly creeps Chaeyoung out.

 

If she doesn't know better, she'll think that Jennie's hitting on her. But no. That's very impossible. Like, there's no way Jennie thinks of her like that. And she wouldn't want that either.

 

Gosh. Chaeyoung thought to herself. She should stop thinking about nonsense now. So, she pushed all her thoughts to the back of her mind and focused on her class.

 

Speaking of class, she shares all her afternoon classes with the twins, and it might be safe to say that Yin Yang duo immediately cornered her as soon as she was seated on her desk. So, with a deep long sigh, she told them everything about her set-up with Blackpink. From how Jennie reached out to her, to how she became an instant 'friend' of the famous trio.

 

The twins had a look of disbelief after Chaeyoung explained everything. 

 

"How can you be so sure they're sincere, though?" Yin was skeptical, of course.

 

Chaeyoung just shrugged, "I don't know, but they seem really friendly now. And Jennie's being nice to me."

 

"How nice is nice?" Yang squinted his small eyes.

 

"Like, she, um...she actually helped me with the piece I performed yesterday. A significant part of it was her idea", she smiles awkwardly.

 

Yang's eyes widened in realization, "So you've been practicing with her the whole time?!"

 

"I— it's really a long story. I don't know how it happened either. But, yeah..."

 

The twins heaved out a sigh simultaneously and nodded but still with a hint of suspicion.

 

"Just...be careful, Chaeng. I don't know what have gotten to them, but whatever it is that they're doing, it feels dangerous...for you", Yin said seriously.

 

Chaeyoung tilts her head a little in bafflement, "But Jennie assured me that everything's in the past now, and she looked really sincere whenever she talks to me."

 

"Still, be careful. Don't let your guard down easily, okay?"

 

Chaeyoung just nodded and tried not to think much of what the twins said. Of course they're just being protective after everything that's happened before. That's normal and understandable. So she nodded, and they avert their attention when the professor started the class.

 

The rest of the day went on, and she didn't, even once, see Blackpink in school the whole afternoon.

 

~•~

 

The next day was pretty normal for Chaeyoung. She attended two classes in the morning, and one class in the afternoon. They didn't do much except review for the upcoming midterm exams which will take place next month. She thought the professors were pretty cool to let them review ahead of time. So all is good.

 

One thing isn't normal, though. It's a certain small person with small teeth whom Chaeyoung haven't seen since morning. But it's not like she's missing her. There's no way she would miss that devil. No freaking way. She just finds it unusual because ever since Jennie made up to her, she would always see her everyday with an annoying smile that's calling for a punch.

 

So it's kinda odd. But she tried to shrug off the feeling and just walked through the hallway as her last class for the day ended.

 

That's when she saw Blackpink. Or more like Lisoo since it's only Jisoo and Lisa, and Jennie's not with them, surrounded by retarded fangirls. The two girls immediately saw her and both walked to her direction, completely ignoring the crowd behind them.

 

"Hey, Rosie!"

 

Then she remembered she was actually supposed to look for these two to strangle them for what they did the other night.

 

"Yah you!" Chaeyoung jumped on them and hit them (not too hard) with the notebook that she's holding.

 

"Ow, what the hell, Rosie? What did we do?" Jisoo cried while rubbing her arm.

 

"Why did you leave us at the bar the other night?! I had to crawl home with a knocked out Jennie on my back because she won't wake up!" she ranted.

 

"You piggy back-ed her? Aww that's sweet", Jisoo cooed which earned her another hit from the blonde, "Ow, we don't promote violence here, Roseanne."

 

"You said you were just going to use the restroom!"

 

"We did. But, uh...Lisa's stomach suddenly acted up, so we had to go home."

 

Lisa gave Jisoo another look of what-the-hell-are-you-saying, and the purpled-hair nudged her friend knowingly.

 

"Right, Lisa? Your stomach ached so bad and I had to go with you because you can't drive...right?" Jisoo was wriggling her brows now.

 

"Uh...r-right. My stomach acted up so we went home early", Lisa clutched her tummy awkwardly.

 

Chaeyoung shot them a suspicious look, "Still! You should've informed me beforehand. And you should've brought Jennie with you!"

 

"Nah, I think Jennie's fine with waking up beside you. I even think she actually enjoyed it", Jisoo teased again and tried to dodge another hit from the girl.

 

"I had to carry her, okay?! And she's quite heavy for her small body!"

 

"She's cute when she's sleeping, though. You must admit", the purpled-hair smirks, "You're now one of the very few people who got to see Jennie Kim's soft side."

 

"I— no, she's no—"

 

"Oh, and speaking of Jennie, she skipped school today because she's sick", Jisoo's face suddenly went serious.

 

Chaeyoung was taken aback a little. Jennie's sick? She looked perfectly fine the other day, though.

 

"What happened to her?" she tried to sound casual.

 

"She told us her head was throbbing because of the alcohol. Then earlier this morning, she's got a fever", Jisoo frowns.

 

"Oh."

 

Chaeyoung suddenly felt bad. Somehow, she thinks it's partly because of her since she kind of challenged Jennie to do the game. And the poor girl had to drink a considerable amount of alcohol that's over her limit.

 

"Uh, we're actually going to visit her now. And, um...give her notes of the topics she had missed", Jisoo then took out a small notebook from her bag, "Do you want to come?"

 

"I— why would I—"

 

"Wait. Come to think of it, you're actually the reason why Jennie got drunk that night. She knows her limits, but then you had to challenge her and she couldn't afford to say no to you, so yeah."

 

"But I didn't know she's THAT weak."

 

"Nevertheless, it's partly your fault she's sick. So I think it's just fair if you at least pay her a visit", Jisoo nodded knowingly, she's really liking this game.

 

Chaeyoung's face fell because she knows what Jisoo said was true. She really feel bad for Jennie even if the girl is the daughter of satan. And the nagging feeling in her stomach isn't helping at all.

 

"Was it really bad? Her fever, I mean", she asked, trying to hide the worry in her voice.

 

"We wouldn't know if we won't go to her."

 

Right.

 

"So, are you coming with us, Rosie?"

 

Damn conscience.

 

~•~

 

Jisoo's red Audi R8 V10 maneuvered inside a labyrinth-like landscape, and about ten butlers came out to bow in respect as the car stopped infront of a large white mansion.

 

Chaeyoung looked around dumbly with slightly agape. They were surrounded by a wide flower garden, and standing proudly in the middle was a tall water fountain with a sculpture of a lion. And if there's one word to describe the famous Kim's white mansion, it would be enthralling.

 

She was dumbfounded for a moment, when she felt the car door on her side opened and a butler smiled to her while holding the door. She muttered a small 'thanks' before stepping out of Jisoo's car.

 

Chaeyoung continued looking around further in awe, that she didn't notice the two other girls stayed inside the car.

 

"Uh, Rosie?"

 

She snapped back to reality when she heard Jisoo's voice, and that's when she realized Lisoo's still inside the car.

 

"Could you maybe give this notes to Jennie?" the girl said while handing out the small notebook from earlier, "'Cos, uh...Lisa's stomach is acting up again, and...I think I need to take her to the hospital?"

 

Jisoo discreetly nudged Lisa with a feigned worried face, and her blonde friend instantly clutched on her stomach with a pained expression, acting perfectly.

 

"What?" Chaeyoung blurted, "What do you rich people eat for your stomach to act up again and again?"

 

"I—" Lisa didn't know what to reply and just frowned awkwardly.

 

"I'll just come with you."

 

"What- no! I mean...I can take care of Lisa. And Jennie really needs these notes because we'll be having an important exam tomorrow", Jisoo lied, "Just give this to Jennie, yes?"

 

The purple-haired then tossed the small notebook to Chaeyoung which she immediately caught.

 

"Important exam? But midterm is still a month away", Chaeyoung furrows her brows.

 

"It's a..um...an important special exam. Yes. So Jennie must review those notes or else she'll fail."

 

"We can just ask her butler to give this to her, though?"

 

"No no, I mean...uh, look Rosie, I really need to take Lisa to the hospital now. See you around, yeah? Bye!"

 

And with that, Jisoo and Lisa drove off, leaving a very confused and betrayed Chaeyoung.

 

"What- you're gonna leave me here?? Again??" she shouted to no one.

 

'Dang those two monkeys. I shouldn't have trusted them.'

 

"Um, excuse me, miss...?"

 

She was startled when a butler suddenly spoke behind her. Turning around, she was met by the ten butlers who greeted them earlier. They were all looking at her with a smile. And then she realized, she doesn't know what she'll do now that Lisoo left her to deal with this.

 

"Um...Chaeyoung. I'm Park Chaeyoung", she meekly replied.

 

"Miss Chaeyoung", the butler smiled to her as if it's his first time seeing a human being in his entire life, "I believe you're friends with Lady Jennie, Lady Jisoo, and Lady Lisa?"

 

She scoffs mentally at the way he addressed the three. 'What's with this Lady Lady thing. I know they're all ladies. Fine young ladies, if I may say, but— wait no no. I'm not supposed to think of that.'

 

"Uh, well, yes? I guess...you could say that?" she answered unsure.

 

Did she just accept that she's friends with Blackpink now?

 

"That's great! Are you here to visit Lady Jennie?"

 

"I'm...actually, I just need to give her this notes. Because Jisoo told me she skipped school today?"

 

"Oh, yes. Lady Jennie got a fever last night so she wasn't able to attend school", the butler said, he was surprisingly talkative, "Anyway, I'll take you to her now. Please follow me."

 

The butler then went to open the huge front door which Chaeyoung believes is made of gold, and she took small, careful steps inside the mansion.

 

Chaeyoung wasn't sure, but she believed her jaw literally dropped when she saw the interior of the mansion. It looks like it was made out of a movie. Those sophisticated walls and ceilings, and floors shinier than her future. For a moment there, she felt out of place. Like she doesn't deserve to even stand on their carpet.

 

"This way, Miss Chaeyoung. Please follow me", the butler said, and she quietly followed him, still clutching on the small notebook.

 

They passed through wide hallways that seemed to have no end. The area was incredibly huge, she swears it would take her a good one week just to find the bathroom. How can people live in a place like this?

 

"Miss Chaeyoung?"

 

The butler called her name out of the blue as they were still walking.

 

"Yes?"

 

"Please be honest with me. Are you Lady Jennie's girlfriend?"

 

If Chaeyoung's drinking right now, she would've spit it all out because of the question. Just, where did that come from?

 

"What?? I mean...no. No, we're just f-friends", she answered defensively, bringing both her arms into an X shape.

 

"Are you sure about that?" the butler has this knowing smile while wriggling his brows.

 

"Yes, of course! I'm not her girlfriend. What made you think of that?"

 

"There's no point in hiding the truth, Miss Chaeyoung. Lady Jennie has no other friends than Lady Jisoo and Lady Lisa, so you must be a girlfriend."

 

"I— I told you I'm not—"

 

She was unfortunately cut off by the nosy butler.

 

"We're here."

 

Chaeyoung lifted her head and saw a mahogany door infront of them. This must be Jennie's room.

 

They stepped towards the door, and the butler carefully knocked on it three times.

 

"Lady Jennie?"

 

"What do you want, Butler Jung?" a small muffled voice that sounded just like the brunette replied.

 

"Um, I'm sorry to disturb your sleep, but you have a visitor."

 

"If it's Jisoo, tell her I don't want to see her limited edition glow in the dark underwear!"

 

Chaeyoung and the butler had to share a quiet laugh at that.

 

"Um, no. It's not Lady Jisoo", Butler Jung said back, "It's...Miss Park Chaeyoung."

 

The room went silent for a moment, before they heard steps coming for the door. Then it opened, and out came small Jennie wearing a pink bear-printed pajamas with matching pink fluffy bear slippers.

 

If Chaeyoung hadn't known the girl's face, she would think the girl infront of her now is a different person. Since when did Jennie Kim learn to be cute?

 

"Chaeyoung?" the brunette asked sleepily, her hair was slightly messed up, "What are you doing here?"

 

"Um...I actually came here with Jisoo and Lisa. But they left me, and told me to bring this notes to you", she said and handed her the small notebook.

 

"Notes?"

 

"Hm. Jisoo said you'll be having an important special exam tomorrow. So you need this notes."

 

Jennie took the notebook and stared at it in confusion. She couldn't remember any exam they'll have to take for the rest of the week.

 

"I'll be going now, Lady Jennie. Please call me if you need anything", the butler bowed and turned to walk away.

 

"Uh, I'll be going now, too, Jennie. Get well soon! Bye!"

 

Chaeyoung turned around and was about to follow the butler, when a hand abruptly stops her. Here we go again.

 

"Y-You can stay for a while, Chaeyoung-ah."

 

She turned back to Jennie and noticed how her usual flawless face was pale, and her feline eyes have faint dark circles around.

 

Her heart sank at the sight. Even though Jennie annoys her sometimes, she still thinks the girl doesn't deserve to get sick. And it's partly her fault because she pushed her to play beer pong.

 

"Have you taken meds?" Chaeyoung's voice was concerned.

 

The brunette just shook her head and opened the door further for Chaeyoung to enter. She then walked back to her large bed and slumped herself on the cotton mattress.

 

Chaeyoung took a glance around the room and notices how expensive it looks. It's approximately as big as their whole residence, and it looks exactly like Jennie: Sophisticated and intimidating.

 

"Don't tell me you're gonna stand there forever?" the brunette spoke which snapped her to her senses.

 

She carefully closed the door behind her and approaches Jennie on bed.

 

"You look...sick", was what escaped her lips.

 

Jennie let out a quiet chuckle, "Tell me something I don't know."

 

"Why didn't you take meds, then?"

 

"I don't like them."

 

Chaeyoung put her bag on the floor and sat on the bed beside the brunette before pressing the back of her hand to her forehead, feeling her temperature.

 

"You don't have to like them. You just have to take them", she said, "You're hot."

 

Before she could realize what she had said, Jennie was already smirking at her.

 

"I already know that. But thanks for pointing it out."

 

"I— I meant your temperature is high! You're literally hot!"

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and stood up, looking around the room, "Have you eaten something yet?"

 

Jennie shook her head, "My tastebuds aren't working."

 

"You need to eat, though. How will you recover if you're not eating and taking meds?"

 

"It's just a fever, Chaeyoung."

 

"Still", she props her hands on her waist, "How do we call your butler? You need to at least eat something."

 

Jennie sighed. There's no point arguing with a persistent woman.

 

"You can use the intercom", she pointed to the intercom on her bedside table.

 

Chaeyoung nodded and went to dial a number that has 'Butler Jung' written beside it.

 

"Hello?" she spoke on the line, "Um, this is Chaeyoung. Can you maybe help me make some soup?...Yes, it's for Jennie...Uh where is the kitchen located?...Oh okay, turn right and then left and then straight ahead?...Do you have some dumplings there?...Alright, I'll go there now, thanks."

 

She ended the call and turned to the door.

 

Jennie stared at her in disbelief, "You're gonna cook?"

 

Chaeyoung flashes a toothy grin as she turns the doorknob, "You know we make the best dumpling soup in town. Nothing can beat that."

 

Jennie watches as the blonde disappear behind the door, and couldn't help a smile forming on her lips. 'This girl is really something.' She admits to herself.

 

~•~

 

Chaeyoung followed the direction told by Butler Jung and finds her way to the kitchen. It was one heck of a challenge since the mansion was really big, no joke. Are the people here still seeing each other? She notices it was almost empty, though. Sure there were a number of butlers and servants, but she hasn't seen any family member, especially Jennie's parents.

 

Is Jennie living in this large mansion with only her butlers? If that's the case, then she feels sad and bad for her. She wouldn't want to know the feeling of not having her parents around to take care of her when she's sick.

 

Chaeyoung realized she made the right decision of visiting the brunette. Guilt aside, she knows she doesn't have the heart to leave a sick Jennie alone without giving her a proper care. She's her friend now, afterall. Right?

 

After making a few turns inside this maze of a mansion, she finally reached the kitchen and saw Butler Jung waiting for her. Good thing he already prepared the ingredients so she started making the dumpling soup with the help of the butler. 

 

"Isn't it sweet to cook for the one you love?" he coos and teasingly nudged the blonde.

 

"I— I told you I'm not her girlfriend!"

 

"Come on, Miss Chaeyoung. You two look good together."

 

"But we're just friends!"

 

"Aw that's too bad. I'm actually shipping you two. I'll call it...Chaennie."

 

"What the hell is Chaennie?"

 

"Chaeyoung plus Jennie. Chaennie."

 

Chaeyoung just shakes her head at the nosy butler and finishes pouring the soup in a bowl. She then places it in a tray along with the utensils and asked for some medicine. After preparing everything, Butler Jung offered to carry the tray, and they walked their way back to Jennie's room.

 

They were halfway there when something caught Chaeyoung's attention. She first thought she's just seeing things, but when she stopped to take a closer look at the huge portait hanging on the hallway wall, she froze.

 

It was a portrait of a family. Young Jennie was smiling in the middle. Her father, probably because of the similarity in features, was on the left. And a woman who was supposedly her mother was on the right. The thing is, Chaeyoung knew the woman. She's one of the few people she looked up to, and influenced her in doing music.

 

It's the great musician, Stella Kim.

 

But why is she with Jennie in this picture? Chaeyoung was baffled. But when she remembered how Jennie's expression changed when she heard her playing Stella Kim's piece, and how her face flashed a hint of sadness when they talked about her, Chaeyoung knew.

 

Could it really be?

 

"Miss Chaeyoung?"

 

She was brought back to present when she heard Butler Jung a few steps from her.

 

"What's the matter?"

 

She's trying to connect the dots, but decided to save it for later and shakes her head, "Nothing. Just admiring the paintings."

 

Fortunately, the butler just smiled and didn't pry further. So they continued walking to Jennie's room. Chaeyoung offered to take the tray from him when they reached the door, and he lets her while opening the door for her.

 

Jennie was already sleeping when she stepped inside. She quietly places the tray on the bedside table, and sat on the edge of the bed. 

 

Chaeyoung took her time watching the girl sleep. Just like the other day, her sleeping face looks peaceful. Like she's not intimidating at all. Not the Jennie who pulled pranks on her before and almost made her life a living hell.

 

Then she was reminded of the portrait. She was excruciatingly curious, and for some reason, she wants to know everything. But she knows now is not the right time so she'll leave it for some other time.

 

"Hey, Jennie", she lightly tapped the brunette's shoulder.

 

She knows the girl was craving for sleep, but as much as she wants to let her rest, she still needs to take her medicine. So she had to wake her up.

 

"Mmh?" Jennie stirrs and slowly opens her eyes, "What time is it?"

 

Chaeyoung checked her wrist watch, "Fifteen minutes before five. And you should take your medicine now. But eat this soup first before it gets cold."

 

She lifted the bowl and reached for a spoon, taking a spoonful of the soup. 

 

Jennie sat up in surprise, "You're going to feed me?"

 

"Uh yes? I don't think you're in a good condition to even hold a spoon, so yes, I'll be feeding you."

 

Jennie blinks rapidly as Chaeyoung lifted the spoon to . She couldn't remember a time where someone had to feed her, so this was pretty new and culture shocking for her. But Chaeyoung's impatient finger started tapping on the bowl so she opens a bit and accepts the soup.

 

She honestly can't taste anything right now but she lets the blonde feed her. She doesn't know, but there's something about Chaeyoung's worried eyes that soften something inside her. Slowly breaking something she didn't know she put up.

 

"You know, for someone whose tastebuds aren't working, you sure eat very well", Chaeyoung teased and places the now empty bowl back on the tray, and took the medicine and a glass of water, "Now drink your meds."

 

Jennie complied and took the pill from the blonde, popping it in before taking a sip of the water.

 

"There there, good girl. It wasn't so bad, was it?" Chaeyoung places the glass back on the tray, "Now, get some rest and you'll be okay by tomorrow."

 

"I'm not sleepy, though. I just woke up."

 

"What do you want to do, then? Run a marathon?"

 

Jennie playfully rolled her eyes which earned a chuckle from the blonde.

 

"Let's talk", Jennie suggested.

 

"Talk? We're already talking now, Jennie."

 

"I mean, actually talk. Like what friends do. Tell me something about yourself."

 

Chaeyoung couldn't remember the part where she agreed to have a friendly talk with Jennie, but she just found herself sitting beside her, telling stories about her life that she didn't imagine she'll ever share with the brunette. Jennie did the same. Though most of them were vague, and the girl's obviously still holding back. Nonetheless, they had a good talk that felt as if they've never clashed before.

 

"It's cold", Jennie said out of nowhere, and pulled the sheets up to her chin to cover her body.

 

"It's still the fever. Did you turn your heater on?" Chaeyoung asked worriedly.

 

"Yes, but it's still cold."

 

Chaeyoung pondered for a moment. She actually thought of a way to warm up someone, but she doesn't think she can do it. Well, not until Jennie pulled the sheets up to her nose and snuggles.

 

"Come here", she told the brunette and moves closer to her.

 

Jennie turned and a gasp almost escape her lips when she felt Chaeyoung join her under the sheets and scoots closer to her, carefully wrapping her slender arms around Jennie's body in a hug. 

 

"Human blanket is always an effective source of heat", Chaeyoung mumbles against her hair.

 

And Jennie knew it's true because by now, she could feel warmth creeping up her cheeks, and her heart is beating a little faster than usual.

 

Chaeyoung tightens her embrace, and she voluntarily hugs her back. If someone would walk on them now, they'll definitely think they're cuddling. Well technically, they are. And Jennie thanked her room was pretty dark, or else Chaeyoung will see her now reddened cheeks.

 

"Are you feeling warmer now?"

 

Jennie carefully lifted her head and she was met by a pair of concerned eyes. They were sincere. She was sincere. And she couldn't believe after everything she's done to the girl, here she is now, holding her like she's the most fragile thing in the world.

 

There are two things Jennie has confirmed tonight.

 

That Park Chaeyoung is an angel.

 

And that she makes her feel things she's never felt before.

 

So while looking into those beautiful eyes, she nodded.

 

"I'm feeling warmer now."

 

~•~

 

The feels, ma! I'm internally screaming while writing the last part! ❤️

And oh, I wrote 4,000 words, I feel like a hero. 🤣

Love you all! See you next update!