10th

Falling All In You

It was a friday noon and Chaeyoung just got out from her History class. She was planning to spend the rest of the afternoon at the twins' studio, since they offered her the place so she can practice for their upcoming practical exam. The twins went ahead first, though, so she was walking through the corridors alone. Yang texted her the location of the studio anyway.

 

"Oh, look who we've found here."

 

She heard a voice and looked up to see three girls popping out from the left curve of the corridor, walking towards her.

 

"It's the shabby dumpling girl", the girl at the center said with a hint of disgust.

 

Chaeyoung eyed the three sharply. She doesn't know them, but they obviously know her maybe because of her recent issue with Blackpink. The three girls were all wearing a big ribbon on their head looking like idiots.

 

She tried to ignore them and started walking the other way, but they were quick to block her way.

 

"Where do you think you're going?" the girl at the center told her.

 

"What do you want from me?" she asked them firmly.

 

The three laughed for a moment before the girl on the left side answered her, "We're here to punish you, flirt."

 

Chaeyoung blinked in confusion, but she wasn't able to reply when the girl spoke again.

 

"You really think you can get Blackpink to like you? First, you were flirting with Lisa, then the other day we've seen you stepping out of Jennie's car, with her butler opening the door for you?" the girl snickers, "You really think they'll stoop down to your level?"

 

"Wait- I don't...I'm not—"

 

"Don't even try to defend yourself, . We know your motive", the girl on the right side said.

 

"I really don't know what you're talking about—"

 

"Hush now! We'll make sure you won't get near Blackpink ever again!"

 

The three started stepping towards her and Chaeyoung stepped back in reflex. These girls are crazy, and she was thinking whether to run away fast, or kick the hell out of these girls should they advance to her.

 

"What do you think you're doing?"

 

Someone spoke from behind and they all turned their heads to see a grumpy-looking Jennie walking towards them.

 

"I— J-Jennie..." the three idiot girls stuttered and tried explaining, "We're just...p-protecting you from her."

 

Jennie squinted her eyes, "Protecting me from her? Do you even know who she is?"

 

Chaeyoung saw the three girls gulped but didn't answer. They looked scared for life.

 

"From now on, Roseanne Park is a friend of Blackpink. Whoever touches her, will be severely punished", Jennie said in an authoritative tone.

 

Chaeyoung swears even her got scared for a second with the way the brunette spoke. She turned back to the three girls and they look like they're about to cry.

 

"Am I understood?" Jennie stepped even closer, her aura was so intimidating.

 

The girls all nodded frantically while muttering a stammered 'Yes'.

 

"Now, get your faces away from here before I banish you to the ends of the world."

 

The three girls scrammed quickly away from the scene, too frightened to even look back.

 

Chaeyoung stared at the brunette once they were left alone, her eyes were judging, "Okay, what was that?"

 

"What was what?" Jennie asked back not-so-innocently.

 

"So I'm really Blackpink's friend now?"

 

"So you're still not believing us?"

 

"You know it's hard to believe that when just a week ago you were bullying me bigtime", Chaeyoung retaliated with her arms crossed over her chest.

 

"Can't people change?" the brunette replied, "I even saved you from those Hello Kitty girls."

 

"Hello Kitty girls?"

 

"Y’know the big ribbon on their head."

 

Chaeyoung stifled a laugh. She could still visualize the big ribbon on those girls’ head.

 

“Anyways, you’re now under our protection. No one will try to come at you.”

 

“I never said I needed that. I just wanted to have a peaceful stay in this school, and maybe graduate with all my body parts still attached on my body”, she pointed out.

 

“You can achieve that. With Blackpink’s protection.”

 

“I said I—”

 

“Anywaaays”, the brunette cut her off again, “Where were you headed to?”

 

Chaeyoung wanted to reply ‘It’s none of your business’, but since the girl saved her from ‘Hello Kitty girls’, she’ll try to be nice.

 

“My classmates’ studio. Gotta practice for next week”, she simply replied.

 

“Dance or Music?”

 

“Music.”

 

Jennie paused for a moment to think before speaking, “You can use my studio. It’s just in the right corner.”

 

The blonde blinked at her before shaking her head, “Nah, I’m fine with my classmates’ studio. Thanks, though. Bye.”

 

Chaeyoung started walking the other way when a hand stops her.

 

“My studio’s just inside this building”, Jennie insisted while clutching on her arm, “And it’s more spacious. You can practice better there.”

 

Chaeyoung squinted at the girl and brings her face dangerously close to Jennie’s, making the latter gulp.

 

“You’re planning something, aren’t you?” she accused.

 

Jennie widened her eyes like she was caught redhanded. For a moment she thought the blonde already knew her plan. But the girl spoke again.

 

“If you’re gonna lock me inside that studio and pull another prank, then no, I refuse to fall for that again.”

 

Jennie heaved out a sigh of relief at the blonde’s statement. At least it was not what she was really planning.

 

“What? I— no! Why would I do that? You’re Blackpink’s friend now”, the brunette defended, “I’m just...trying to make up...to you, y’know?”

 

Chaeyoung stared at her, still not convinced, “Nah, I’ll just go to my classmates’ studio. Bye!” she tried to walk away again.

 

But Jennie was quick to hold her arm, “You know what...” she was getting impatient, “...come on.”

 

And the blonde was gently dragged towards the right curve while ranting god-knows-what on the brunette.

 

Shortly, they arrived inside Jennie’s so-called private studio. Chaeyoung didn’t know that Jennie’s definition of a studio is a wholeass theater. She swears she could make an orchestra, a band, and a kpop group perform here all at the same time.

 

“So...how was it?” Jennie asked proudly, a smug on her face.

 

“Well, I haven’t played in a theater before”, she answered while looking around the place.

 

“This is a studio.”

 

“Yeah, y’know we could play hide and seek in here and it’ll take us 2 days to find each other.”

 

The brunette snickers, “This ain’t big enough compared to my private theater.”

 

Chaeyoung snapped her head to the girl, “You really own a theater, too?”

 

“Hm. But I rarely use it.”

 

Jennie walks past her and approaches the the instruments, “So, what do you play?”

 

She follows the girl and couldn’t help but gasp in awe as her eyes trail from instrument to instrument. She knows the brands and they were hella expensive. Top quality, too.

 

She ignores the brunette’s question and animatedly went behind the grand piano. With a slighly hesitant hand, she gently pressed on a key and gasped.

 

“Never in my life have I imagined that I’ll get to touch a Steinway.”

 

Jennie blinks at the blonde’s reaction, “So, I take piano as the answer?”

 

Chaeyoung snapped back to her senses and nodded at the girl, “Um, yeah. Guitar, too. But I’m more comfortable behind the piano.”

 

“I see. That one’s a limited edition. Had to fight a bunch of rich old men to get that”, Jennie answered with her eyes lingering on the keys of the piano.

 

To be honest, Chaeyoung’s not surprised at that. The girl is hella rich she could buy all the limited edition luxuries in the world.

 

“You must be very fond of music, too”, she asked mindlessly.

 

Jennie lifted her head to look at her, “I was taught music since I was 3. Had to perfect a Beethoven piece when I was 5. I guess people expect a lot from you when you’re the sole heiress of a multi-billion company.”

 

Chaeyoung didn’t know what to say to that. Somehow, she finds the statement sad rather than proud.

 

“Anyway”, the brunette spoke again, “Feel free to use anything. I’ll be sitting over here”, she then walks to the nearest couch and took a seat.

 

“Wait— so you’ll be watching over me?”

 

“Not really. I sure know how to mind my own business.”

 

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and muttered a hushed ‘touché’ before looking back at the piano behind her. She slowly placed her bag on a stool and meekly took a seat on the piano chair.

 

She glances at Jennie’s direction and saw the girl scrolling on her phone, obviously minding her own business. She looks back at the piano infront of her, still not believing that she’ll get to play the most expensive brand in the world.

 

With steady hands, she started playing with the keys.

 

Jennie paused from scrolling on her phone as she heard Chaeyoung play, the music resonating through the thick walls of the studio. She doesn’t know the song so she’s guessing it’s Chaeyoung’s original composition. She must admit the girl’s pretty good at it. She doesn’t need to look at her hands to know how soft they were moving.

 

She listened quietly for a good 3 minutes until the music was finished and Chaeyoung stopped playing. The girl stayed still. But after a minute or two, she started playing another song. This time, Jennie knew very well the music that Chaeyoung is playing.

 

The brunette tipped her head to look at the blonde. The girl’s eyes were closed, and she knew she’s fumbling with the keys by heart.

 

By heart.

 

Somehow, Jennie thought Chaeyoung’s emotions were familiar. She has heard so many versions of this before but this one hit Jennie close to home. It was so familiar. Everything was so familiar. It was like hearing her heart shatters into pieces over and over again.

 

She feels nostalgic and lightheaded and she wants to run away. So she did. She ran to the door and closes it behind, leaning against it with pounding chest.

 

Jennie could still hear the piano and the music that she once loved. So she closed her eyes and let a tear fall as she listens to Chaeyoung’s heart.

 

~•~•~

I am very sorry for the late update. Got caught up in deadlines. Anyway, just wanna thank you guys for the support and for giving this story lots of love. I also made a twitter and curious cat account and I hope we could talk there. It’s @lipfeatjennie_ 🙏 Thank you again and see you next update! ❤️