42nd

Falling All In You

"Thanks for the time, Rosie."

 

"No worries. At least we're okay now."

 

Chaeyoung was honestly relieved that her talk with Lisa went well. Despite everything that has happened, she considers her a good friend, and she's really hoping for her to be okay soon. 

 

The confession took her by surprise, and up until now she still couldn't believe that Lisa has feelings for her. But she didn't want to give her mixed signals and false hopes, so she's glad Lisa accepted everything wholeheartedly. She hopes the girl finds the one for her real soon.

 

Now, she's down to one last matter.

 

Jennie. 

 

After her talk with Jisoo, she must admit something inside her snapped, and things became more clearer to her. Of all people, it had to be Jisoo that'll help her realize. Guess the girl is really more than just her image.

 

So, yeah, maybe she'll try to reach out to the brunette very soon. Chaeyoung didn't really know what's taking her too long. Maybe she's just trying to build up more courage to contact the girl. And maybe she's a little scared that Jennie doesn't want her anymore. She didn't know.

 

But one thing is for sure...she misses that small person with small teeth.

 

She misses Jennie.

 

"Let's go back now?"

 

Chaeyoung snapped from her trance when Lisa spoke, and she looks up as the girl got on her feet.

 

She got up as well and nodded, "Yeah, let's."

 

They were walking down the sidewalk when Chaeyoung felt her phone vibrated inside her pocket. She fished it out and motioned for Lisa to stop for a moment as she answered the call.

 

"Hello, Jisoo?", she started.

 

Lisa looks at her upon hearing the name and listens.

 

"Rosie posie, where are you??", Jisoo asked from the other line, her tone seems in a hurry.

 

"Uh, a block away from home? Why?"

 

"Have you contacted Jennie yet?"

 

"Nope, not yet. Wait, why? Why do you sound panicked?"

 

"You might never get to contact her again, Roseanne!"

 

That made Chaeyoung feel uneasy, and she looks up at Lisa only to see her equally baffled face.

 

"What?"

 

"I know I told you Jennie's not given up on you yet. But I don't think that's the case anymore", she heard Jisoo shuffling on the other line, "Rosie, you're running late."

 

"Wait, I...", Chaeyoung pinches the bridge of her nose, "Can you just tell me what's really happening? 'Cos I don't freaking understand you."

 

"Jennie's leaving. She's going to Paris...for good."

 

"What??", Chaeyoung's eyes went animatedly wide, "What do you mean for good?"

 

"I don't know what came over her, but she suddenly decided to settle in Paris. Maybe to forget things. And to...uh..."

 

"To what??"

 

"Well..."

 

"Jisoo, what?!"

 

"To meet Chahee", the shorter girl muttered.

 

"And who the hell is that??"

 

"She's um...she's Jennie's first love."

 

Chaeyoung looks up at Lisa again with horror in her eyes. The younger girl was mouthing a question, probably as to what they were talking about. But Jisoo's words kept ringing in her head.

 

First...love?

 

Chahee...Chaeyoung...Chahee...

 

Does she have a thing for girls with names that start in CHA??

 

"I thought I'm her first love??", she blurted on the phone.

 

"Well...that's what I thought, too. Maybe she's decided to just move on. You know how badly hurt she got", Jisoo replied in a sad tone.

 

"But, still! Why would she—"

 

"Look, Rosie, if you still love Jennie and if you still want to fix things between the two of you, you still have time. She texted me ten minutes ago, she was on her way to the airport."

 

"Wait what?? Today is her flight??"

 

"Yes. Incheon Airport. 3pm. But it could be sooner since she's using her private plane."

 

"Jisoo, I...", Chaeyoung felt her head spinning, "W-What should I do?"

 

"What else? You should stop her. She's not coming back, Rosie. If you let her go now, that's as good as letting her go forever."

 

Chaeyoung tried to visualize Jennie's leaving image in her head. The possibility that the girl might not really come back. The image of her being happy with someone that's not her. The possibility that she might really lose her forever.

 

And god, it hurts.

 

She shook her head and pushed the thoughts away when she finally found her tongue, "I'll go to the airport now. I'll stop her."

 

"Now, that's my Rosie Posie! Go get your girl!", Jisoo cheered.

 

Chaeyoung ended the call and turned to the confused Lisa as she pocketed her phone.

 

"What did Jisoo say? Why do you look bothered?", the younger girl asked with creased forehead.

 

"Jennie's leaving."

 

"What?"

 

"She's going to Paris, Lis. She's leaving for good", she managed to choke out.

 

"What the hell?? I didn't know that."

 

"I should stop her. I should go to the airport now."

 

"Wait, what time's her flight?"

 

"3 o'clock."

 

Lisa glances at her watch and lets out a curse, ", we only got 10 minutes. Let's get going now. I'll drive you there."

 

Chaeyoung just bobbed her head in a quick nod, and they both rushed to where Lisa's car is parked.

 

Lisa had only been a reckless driver once, that was when she drove drunk to Chaeyoung's house, and she promised herself not to be reckless again. But as the seconds tick away quickly on her wrist watch, and seeing Chaeyoung's restless face in the passenger seat, she steps on the accelerator and speeds up a little.

 

Jennie is a dumb fool. What was she thinking. That .

 

Lisa wore her earpiece and reached for her phone before dialing the brunette's number. She lets out a breath of relief when the girl answered after three rings.

 

"Lili?", she heard Jennie spoke on the other line.

 

"You, dumbo! Are you at the airport yet?", she asked aggressively.

 

She saw Chaeyoung glanced at her.

 

"Y-Yes...but, how did you know?", the brunette asked back.

 

"You idiot! What do you think you're doing? Do you think escaping will solve everything?"

 

"What, Lili, I—"

 

"We haven't even had the chance to talk!"

 

"I was planning to call you when I land, but...I'm sorry, Lili. Please take care of Chaeyoung for me."

 

"What the hell are you talking about? Jennie, you better not get in the plane and wait for us."

 

"Wha...Lili, the signal's bad here. I can barely hear you. I'll call you when I land, okay?"

 

"Jen, n—"

 

Lisa curses under her breath when the line was cut. She tips her head to the passenger seat and saw Chaeyoung looking at her with glistening eyes.

 

She breaks at the sight. She swears she's going to beat Jennie's if she leaves Chaeyoung.

 

"We're almost there, Rosie."

 

Chaeyoung could only nod. She's going through a roller coaster of emotions right now, she couldn't think straight. Her mind was filled with Jennie. Jennie leaving. Jennie leaving her. Jennie leaving her for good.

 

She thought what the brunette did before was the most painful feeling she's ever felt, but the thought of letting the girl go was even more tormenting.

 

She doesn't want to let her go. She can't.

 

~•~

 

"Go on, Rosie! She might still be at the waiting area", Lisa yelled from her car, encouraging the other girl.

 

Chaeyoung nodded and gave her a small but appreciative smile, "Thank you so much, Lis."

 

"No worries. Now go!"

 

And so, Chaeyoung rushed inside the airport and sprinted as fast as her long legs could go. She ran past several security guards who tried to stop her, not looking back. She's starting to gain attention now but she could care less. She needs to find Jennie.

 

Chaeyoung runs by the waiting area, but the girl was nowhere to be found. She tried looking around, hoping she could spot her somewhere. Until she reached the check-in counter, and that's when she saw the girl.

 

The brunette's back was facing her but she could easily recognize her. Her small person. She could distinguish her in a crowd of a million people.

 

"Jennie!", she gathered all her remaining strength in a shout.

 

That caught Jennie’s attention as the girl started looking around in search of the source of the voice. Until her eyes landed on Chaeyoung.

 

Jennie was beyond surprised seeing the girl. She tried blinking twice, thrice, to check if her eyes were not playing with her. But it’s real. Chaeyoung was really there...standing a few feet away from her.

 

The brunette lets go of her luggage and jogs towards the girl, leaving her bodyguards behind.

 

“C-Chaeyoung?”, she mutters, still not believing her eyes.

 

“Hey, Jen”, the tall blonde forces a smile while catching her breath.

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Jennie got so many questions in mind, but for a moment, she got distracted by Chaeyoung’s presence. After weeks of not seeing the girl, here she is now. Her face, her eyes, her nose, her lips...she didn’t realize how much she missed her until now.

 

“I came here to...”

 

Jennie saw the girl swallows before her smile was replaced with a slightly mad expression. And the brunette was shookt when Chaeyoung started hitting her shoulder.

 

“You midget! What were you even thinking?? You think you can just leave like that as if nothing ever happened??”, the taller girl ranted while still hitting her.

 

“I— what, Chaeyoung, ow”, Jennie tries to dodge.

 

“I thought you love me?? You told me you love me?? Why are you giving up now?? Why would you leave me now??”

 

“Wait, Chaeyoung, I...”

 

“I know I was late to realize things, but I thought...I thought you’d still wait for me. I thought you’d hold on to us”, Chaeyoung’s eyes are starting to moisten again, “I thought you love me, Jen.”

 

The brunette held both of the blonde’s hands, “I do, Chaeyoung. You know I do.”

 

“Then why are you leaving? Do you how scared I was when Jisoo told me?? How scared I was thinking that I’ll never get to see you again. That I’ll possibly lose you forever?”

 

Jennie furrows her brows, “Jisoo told you?”

 

“It doesn’t matter even if a monkey told me. The point here is that...you’re leaving. You’re leaving for good, and you’re not even planning to tell me”, Chaeyoung’s voice was quivering.

 

“For good? I...I don’t understand, Chaeng—”

 

“You’re going to Paris, right??”

 

“Well, yes, I’m going to Paris—”

 

“And you’re going to meet Chahee??”

 

“Chahee, yes, I’m going to mee— wait! How did you know Chahee?”

 

Jennie’s even more confused now.

 

“Jisoo told me. So you’re really going to Paris to meet her”, Chaeyoung sounded hurt, almost lifeless.

 

“Uh, yes? Because she’s the manager of Chanel Paris”, Jennie answered matter-of-factly.

 

The blonde snapped her head back to look at the brunette, “Chanel?? Manager??”

 

Jennie nodded, “I’m going to Paris for the fashion week. And of course, I’ll be meeting their manager.”

 

Chaeyoung had agape at that, “Paris...fashion week?”

 

“Uh, yes? I’m Chanel’s global ambassador, remember?”, the brunette blinks at the girl’s confused face, “I’ll be staying there for a week.”

 

“For a week??”

 

“Chaeyoung, do you really need to repeat every word I say?”

 

“So you’re not leaving for good?”

 

“What, no!”

 

“And Chahee’s not your first love??”

 

Jennie lets out a soft chuckle at that, “Where did you even get that idea? You’re my first love, Chaeng.”

 

Chaeyoung pauses and lets her eyes wander off as she tries to connect the dots in her mind.

 

Don’t tell me...

 

“Chaeng”, the brunette called out, “I think Jisoo tricked you again.”

 

That little piece of sh—

 

Chaeyoung facepalms herself and groans in frustration, “I swear if I see that friend of yours again, I’m gonna have my hands wrapped around her neck real tight.”

 

Jennie was biting back a laugh while staring at the girl, “So you came here to stop me from leaving?”

 

“Ugh, shut up, Jennie Kim!”

 

“I thought you’re with...Lisa, though”, Jennie’s voice falters.

 

“Yeah, she drove me here. We kinda had a talk. She apologized to me, and cleared things out, so.”

 

Jennie blinks, “Just that?”

 

“What else?”, Chaeyoung deadpanned.

 

“I-I thought...well, I saw you earlier”, the brunette gulps, “You were...hugging?”

 

“You went to our house??”

 

“Well, I was supposed to. But then, I saw you two...and—”

 

“And you overthink things?”, Chaeyoung rolled her eyes, “That was just a friendly hug, Jen.”

 

“Oh.”

 

“Seriously?”

 

Chaeyoung takes a step closer to the girl, taking her hand, “You really scared the heck out of me.”

 

“Jisoo scared you, though”, Jennie teases.

 

“She’ll never see the sun tomorrow.”

 

They shared a laugh at that.

 

“You know I could never give up on you, Chaeng”, the brunette laces their fingers together, “No matter how many times you slam the door on my face...I’ll always come back to you.”

 

Chaeyoung purses her lips, “I’m sorry for pushing you away. I was just really hurt, you know?”

 

“I understand. And I’m sorry too. For causing you that pain. If I could just ease them all away, I will.”

 

“Oh, you can. They say time heals all wounds. But for me, only you can heal them. I was late to realize, but you’re more than enough, Jen.”

 

Jennie couldn’t help a smile at that, “Why are you so cheesy today?”

 

“Because I really thought I’d lose you.”

 

“You don’t want to lose me?”

 

“I don’t even want to imagine.”

 

“Then good, because I’m not planning to let you go either.”

 

The sincerity in Jennie’s words is enough for Chaeyoung to throw herself at the girl, wrapping her in a very tight hug as she buries her face on the brunette’s shoulder.

 

She almost forgot how good it felt hugging the girl. She missed the feeling. She missed her scent. The softness of her body. She missed the way Jennie holds her like she’s the most fragile thing in the world.

 

God, she missed Jennie Kim so much.

 

“Um, excuse me, Lady Jennie, but we have to go”, a bodyguard announced from behind.

 

Such a bummer.

 

The couple unwillingly let go of each other, both pouting.

 

“I have to go now”, Jennie said, “You’ll wait for me, right?”

 

“One week?”

 

“Hm.”

 

“I’ll think about it.”

 

“I...Park Chaeyoung!!”, the brunette lets out a childish whine.

 

Chaeyoung laughs before lightly hitting her shoulder, “Of course, I’ll wait for you. Always.”

 

“Can I call you when I arrive?”

 

“Please do.”

 

“Can I facetime you every hour?”

 

“You’re exaggerating, Jen!”

 

“I miss you already.”

 

Jennie pouts, and Chaeyoung swears she melted at that.

 

“Shut up and go now, miss Chanel global ambassador”, she teases, earning a chuckle from the girl.

 

“I’ll see you soon”, Jennie smiles.

 

She steps back, waves a hand, before turning around to the departure area. But she’s not even ten steps away when she heard Chaeyoung again.

 

“Jen!”

 

She turned back to her and found the taller girl approaching. And Jennie had to hold her breath when Chaeyoung leaned in, cups her face, and closes the gap between their lips.

 

Chaeyoung just kissed her infront of all the people in the airport. And god does it feel so good.

 

“Jennie?”, the blonde called out as she breaks the kiss.

 

“Hm?”

 

Maybe people weren’t really lying when they said there will always be a rainbow after the rain. Because for Chaeyoung, Jennie will always be her rainbow. Always.

 

“I love you, too, Jennie Kim.”

 

~•~

 

 

So...am I forgiven now? Heh 😃