1st

Falling All In You

Just another summer day for Roseanne Park, or Chaeyoung, as her parents and friends call her. She was a simple, incoming second-year college girl, who was born and raised in a district in Seoul. Her family owns a small dumpling store right infront of their house, and she always makes it a point to help her parents by working there every school vacation. She has a pet bloody parrot fish named Joohwangie, and a bestfriend who also works in the dumpling store every summer break named Wendy.

 

Chaeyoung is your typical average girl whose personality, lifestyle, and preferrences scream simplicity. But little did she know that in a span of less than a month, everything is about to change.

 

"M.M Tower?", Chaeyoung mumbles to herself as she scans the address list of dumpling orders to be delivered, "Isn't that one of the largest companies in South Korea?"

 

She was arranging the containers in the delivery bag while scanning the address list so she would know which place to go first. She volunteered to be in charge of the delivery for the rest of the school vacation since it's the only way she could help her parents earn for her and her little brother's school expenses.

 

"Is everything ready, Chaeyoung-ah?" Mrs. Park, her mother, softly asked from the kitchen. 

 

"Ah, yes, mom!" she replies enthusiastically as usual, properly zipping up the bag before wearing it on her back, "I'll be going now!"

 

"Alright, take care and do well, Chaeng!"

 

They exchanged goodbyes and Chaeyoung stepped outside as she wears her pink helmet securely, hopping in her pink scooter and starts heading to her first destination.

 

Another thing why she likes doing this job is because she gets to stroll around, greet the locals, and appreciate the city she grew up in. Chaeyoung is basically a ball of sunshine.

 

"Okay, done with Mr. Jang's order", she scribbles on the list on her hand, "Now, last on the list is a certain Mr. Song's order...which is in M.M Tower."

 

She drives to the business center of Seoul, the most busy and productive district where most priviledged citizens work.

 

She parks her scooter properly when she reached the place. Taking her helmet off, she slightly fixes her blonde locks before looking up at the modern-built, high-rise building infront of her. As expected of one of the largest companies in South Korea.

 

She couldn't help but wonder why an M.M Corporation employee would want to order dumplings from their store when they could just order from some fancy restaurant.

 

Nevertheless, Chaeyoung timidly entered the building with the delivery bag on her back. The first thing she felt when she stepped inside was awe. Everything in the premise screams wealth and power. Heck, even the carpet in the entrance door looks more expensive than all her clothes combined.

 

"Um, hello. Delivery for Mr. Song of Advertising Department", Chaeyoung politely greeted the receptionist.

 

"Your name?"

 

"Roseanne Park from Chaengmunk's dumplings."

 

The receptionist scrolls through the computer infront of her for a moment before handing Chaeyoung a small card, "This is your visitor's card. The advertising department is on the 27th floor."

 

The blonde accepts the card and mutters a small 'thank you' before heading to the elevator. She presses the '27' button and waits as the lift moves up. When the elevator door opens, she immediately stepped outside only to find a spacious hall with many doors.

 

"Man, I forgot to ask the room number", she thought to herself.

 

The corridor was empty and there's no one to ask for. "Should I go back to the reception? Or just figure this out myself?"

 

Chaeyoung being Chaeyoung, she chose the latter and starts checking door by door. She was on her 7th door and was thinking of just going down to the reception when the door at the end of the hallway caught her attention. It was slightly ajar.

 

"Maybe I could just ask someone in there." And so she carefully took steps towards that room and cautiously takes a peek inside.

 

It was a huge, elegant-looking office, and she would've been fascinated if she had not seen a man crouched helplessly on the floor. He was clutching his chest and he looks like he's in deep pain.

 

Chaeyoung knew barging in someone else's private space is wrong, but she's sensing an emergency and her instincts got the best of her.

 

She impulsively dashed inside the room and kneeled beside the man, "Are you okay, Mister?" she asked with panic in her voice while lightly tapping the man's shoulder. "What the heck, Chaeng. Of course he's obviously not okay."

 

The man did not respond and continued clutching his chest, evidently having trouble breathing. So Chaeyoung, with all her strength, lifted the man by his waist and settled him on the swivel chair behind the large table. She loosened the tie that he was wearing and ed the upper part of his suit so he could breathe.

 

"Do you have pills?" she asked again, receiving a nod as a response and then he pointed to one of the drawers in the large table.

 

Chaeyoung rummages through the drawer urgently and takes out the medicine box, finding several bottles of pills inside. "Um, which one here?"

 

The man pointed to the bottle with blue pills. "This one? Alright, do you have some water he— alright, I got it", she takes the water bottle resting on the edge of the table and takes one blue pill before handing it to the man which he instantly took in his mouth.

 

"Now, we need to call for assistance", she looks around the office, "If I could just find where the emergency button is locat— alright, found it!" she immediately reached for the red button near the door and pressed it a few times.

 

She was glancing at the man every now and then while waiting for assistance to check if he's okay. He looks like he's in his late 40s and based on his features, he definitely is not a korean.

 

Mindlessly, her eyes fell on the golden name plate resting on the table and never in her life has she been this shocked as she reads the letters written on it.

 

Just then, a group of men in suit entered the room and immediately checked on the man. They carefully placed him in a wheelchair and they left the room with urgency. They didn't even notice Chaeyoung standing beside the door.

 

She was left alone trying to process everything that happened. Most especially what she read on the golden name plate.

 

                             M.M.

            Chief Executive Officer

~•~•~•~•~•~•~

So basically, Chaeyoung didn't remember how she managed to go home that afternoon after learning that the man he helped was the freaking CEO of M.M Corp. She just realized she was zoning out when she felt the weight of the delivery bag on her back. The dumpling order of a certain Mr. Song was long forgotten.

 

Her parents didn't scold her for that, though. They were too nice, and Chaeyoung was too cute as she was explaining everything that happened. And Mr. Song didn't bother complaining about his order, anyway.

 

But the next morning shook the Park family and took them by surprise.

 

There was a knock on the door of their small dumpling store and Chaeyoung went to answer it. A group of men in black suit greeted her.

 

“Are you Roseanne Park?” one of the men asked her soon as she opened the door.

 

“Um, yes? What can I do for you?”

 

The man smiled at her before answering, “We have an offer for you.”