Truths unfold

Oh my Gods
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 42.

Mina didn't like this situation at all. Ever since they seperated from Dahyun, Sana, Jihyo and Tzuyu things had been weird. The whole "go free the Gods" seemed utterly ridiculous.

The Artemis huntress had been very clear with her goals and all but it still made Mina feel uncomfortable.

She knew that Artemis hunters were very loyal but now that Chungha was  aware of the actual truth everyone thought that she'd turn her back on her master.

That was the most logical thing to do.

Then why didn't she?
Because she truly cared?

It would be naive to actually believe that.

Maybe she did misjudge Chungha even though that was something she rarely did.

Failure or miscalculations were not common mistakes when it came to Mina. Some might say she was a perfectionist with a determinded spirit and mind.

Others might think that she was stuck up and full of herself but the people that knew her could probably and would probably say otherwise.

Denying that the daughter of Athena was incredible was kind of ignorant.

Sadly even her own family, her half brothers and half sisters, did not like the fact that Mina was a one in a million child. Her capabilities out- skilled demigods that had trained for years with eas. Her moves were calculated and accurate.

When she fought her thinking was calm. Something the children of war Gods, Athena and Ares, rarely maintained.

Just from Mina's looks and daily actions no one would think she has in fact blood from a brutal and unforgiving war goddess running through her veins.

So her assumptions that Chungha had some secret agenda was highly troublesome.

One thing was sure. Chungha was not mentioning something.

Although unclear of what kind of dimension, it was still very suspicious.

Mina did not trust Chungha but for now she did not voice her current thoughts and opinion. A confrontation like that would most likely end in disaster.

It was going to be like always. She wouldn't talk until the right moment and from then on only the future knew how it would end.

Mina was snapped out of her thoughts when she felt someone snuggle closer to her.

Normally she would have flinched away, body contact wasn't really her thing, but the smell of Strawberries and campfires was just too familiar and comforting.

Rain was falling onto their tent roof and the temperature had dropped again. Nayeon, Momo and Chungha were sleeping in one tent, Chaeyoung, Mina and Jeongyeon in the other.

Usually Momo, Nayeon and Jeongyeon paired up but since Chaeyoung showed discomfort with sleeping next to a complete stranger, Jeongyeon decided to go with her step-sister.

Honestly, it was sweet seeing Jeongyeon and Chaeyoung interact. They truly were sibblings and it warmed Mina's heart everytime she saw the baby tiger's dimples and her older sister's bright smile.

Occasionally they would fight but only for a few minutes then, even if Jeongyeon wouldn't admit it, they made up with hugs and kisses.

As soon as they had set up their sleeping place and chose their sleeping spots, Jeongyeon on one side, Chaeyoung in the middle and Mina next to her, the youngest scooted closer to Jeongyeon.

Normally, Mina would have been jealous or hurt but this was one of those rare opportunities were she could see the more vulnerable side of her baby tiger.

The little one had this tough image set up and she wore it like a mask to hide the small cracks that couldn't be fixed. Even if she didn't admit it, Chaeyoung was a broken girl who really needed someone who could fill the cracks. Somone who cared.

Jeongyeon was exactly that person.

Mina too but in a different kind of way.

She was the one that filled the hole in Chaeyoung's heart whilst Jeongyeon held all the pieces together.

Strangely Mina sometimes felt more like Chaeyoung's guardian but then she remembered why she could never fill the mother role for the cub.

Again rustling and then Mina felt the tiny body press against her. Leaving little to no space between them.

A smile formed on her lips and she opened her eyes only to find brown ones staring right back.

Mina was speechless for a moment. Seeing Chaeyoung like this, messy short brown hair, tired look on her face and in lose pyjamas, really tested Mina's limit.

She unconsciously her lips just the way she often did. Without breaking eye contact she turned her body to the side to embrace the younger. Their feet now dangled together and arms holding them tight.

Mi: "Why aren't you sleeping?"

Ch: "I could say the same about you."

Mina sighed and slightly moved her legs.

Mi: "It's gonna be a long day tomorrow. You should get as much rest as possible."

Chaeyoung's cheeks were slightly red and Mina was growing  concerned.

Did the younger catch a cold? Did she have a fever.

Mi: "Chae are you feeling ok? Your face is red."

Chaeyoung quickly shook her head but that didn't convince the other at all. She leaned forward, reposition her body again to have better access when she heard a small noise coming from the other girl. For a short moment Mina was in a daze until she finally snapped out of it and continued checking Chaeyoung's temperature. She could have sworn that the noise sounded like a-

Ch: "Mi-na Unnie-.." Her voice was a bit horse.

Mi: "Are you alright? Does it hurt somewhere?"

Chaeyoung quickly shook her head a slight blush clearly visible.

Ch: "Mina unnie.. y-your leg." She whimpered again and Mina finally realised what was going on.

Now she was the embarassed one.

Because of her constant repositioning her leg had wonderd upwards and her thigh ended up pressing right between the younger's legs.

Mi: "S-sorry." She quickly moved her leg away releasing the younger from that sweet torture.

Any other moment and Mina would have jumped on Chaeyoung, pressed her down and continued what they had started but since Jeongyeon was lying right next to them she didn't.

Even she was reckless at some points in her life but waking Jeongyeon by making out with her half sister was a certain death situation she wanted to avoid.

It was silent for some time until surprisingly Chaeyoung spoke up.

Ch: "Something's been bothering you for quite some time, right?"

Mina couldn't hide her slight suprised expression. Usually she was capable of fooling most people with her pokerface but then again Chaeyoung wasn't most people.

Ch: "You know I can see right through you. There are these small movements you make in different scenarios. For example when you are comfortable you tend to waddle like a pinguin while walking and when you are frustrated you bight your lip. I notice these things Minari."

It felt like the little cub was looking straight into Mina's soul. That intense look was one of many things that got to her. Those brown, beautiful eyes focused only on the person she treasured most. It made Mina all warm inside, knowing, that she was that person.

Ch: "What's bothering you Unnie? Talk to me. Please don't shut me out."

Mina wrapped her arms tighter around the younger's waist. Sighing before finally breaking the silence again.

Mi: "It's not that important. I'm just not sure what to think about this whole situation. Something just doesn't seem right. All this doesn't really add up."

Chaeyoung looked alarmed.

Ch: "Shouldn't we tell Nayeon unnie or Jeongyeon unnie? So far you haven't been wrong with what you said so I can only assume that you are in fact correct."

Mi: "No. I think keeping that information between the two of us is the smarter move. If we act suspicious and my theory is true, Chungha will notice and try to get rid of us. Don't tell Nayeon unnie or Jeongyeon. You know that Nayeon can't keep shut and Jeongyeon tells that bunny everything. It would be best if you didn't tell anyone."

It wasn't like Chaeyoung didn't get what Mina was saying. It was just that there ways of thinking were quite different from each other.

Another thing Mina found so interesting.

The saying, opposites attracts, really was true.

Finally Chaeyoung nodded and held the older even closer.

Warmth.

Everywhere the daughter of Hephaistos touched Mina, there was warmth.

It kind of was unsuprising. But the feeling of calmess washed over the both of them anyway.

In those moments they realised how much they relied on someone. How much they needed each other. How much they loved each other.

Yes, this wasn't some small highschool crush anymore. This was the closest you could get to true love.

Mina was sure that this was the person she wanted to grow old with and she was glad to say that Chaeyoung felt the same way.

If only all this hadn't happened. This was seriously straining their relationship. Not too bad but the constant fear of losing each other was eating them up from the inside.

Neither Chaeyoung nor Mina could probably go on without the other.

The younger's breathing had calmed down, a sign that she had fallen asleep.

Mina carefully brushed a few lose strands out of the face of the sleeping girl. She kissed her forehad and then continued to try falling asleep too.

Her dreams were very worrying that night.

-
-
-
-

She w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter