Psycho (Part 1)

The Great Ones

Ryujin checked herself out in the bathroom mirror, examining her new look. She was trying to adjust to her dark blue hair. She had also had it cut it just above her shoulders. The half smile on her face expressed her feelings about it. She readjusted the towel around her and sighed. Woozi came in, eyeing her in the mirror. 

Ryujin turned to him, "thoughts?" 

"Do you want me to voice it or to think it?" Woozi said with a smile. Ryujin gave him a look. Woozi nodded and examined her hair. "It suits you." Ryujin eyed him then sighed. "You read my mind didn't you?"

"Yep, and you hate it."

"I don't hate it! It just looks," Woozi searched for the right word. "Amateur."

"Want me to make you shave your hair off?"

"No."

"Then walk away." Ryujin said before turning back to the mirror to run a hand through her hair. Woozi left the bathroom. A foreign thought echoed in her mind. Ryujin stopped what she was doing and yelled, "I heard that!"

"You were meant to!"
-------

Yoongi yawned as he waited in traffic at a stop light. He stared blankly at the red light, before looking away for a moment to his right. He saw a familiar face slightly bobbing her head to some music in her car. She hadn't noticed him. It was Nancy, the vessel he had met just a week ago.

He didn't know if he should say anything, but before he could even think she drove off. Yoongi looked back at the light, seeing it green. He continued his drive.

Yoongi arrived at his destination. He took a deep breath then unbuckled his seatbelt. He looked at his reflection in the rear view mirror before exiting his car. 

A man standing outside of his car was eyeing Yoongi, without the latter knowing it. There was a predatory nature to him. His black hair was smushed underneath a raggedy baseball cap. He was only slightly taller than the firestarter.

A woman and a young child walked up to him. The woman, most likely his wife and the mother of the child, smiled at him. The man looked down at her, flashing her an obviously fake smile.

"Thanks for picking him up. Apparently it wasn't bring your child to work day." 

"I can tell. It's no problem."

The woman patted her son on the back gently, "go with your father. I'll be home around four, sweetheart."

"Okay." The child said. He walked up to his father, looking up at him. 

"Hey, bud."

"Hi, dad."

The father motioned to his car, "get in."

The mother waved at her husband and son before running back inside. Yoongi eyed himself in his car window reflection before turning to the same building the mother went in. He took a deep breath before walking to the front door. The father eyed him until he went inside. The son tugged at his father's shirt, gaining his attention. The father looked down at him, almost forgetting to put on the same smile as before.

"Let's go," he said.

----------

Just ask her. It's no big deal. It's just a simple question.

The same thought had gone through Ryujin's mind for the last hour now. She had begun to get a minor headache from voice. She knew who it was, but it wasn't like she could confront the person.

Ryujin sat on the couch, tapping away at her phone. She eyed the clock in the room. There was only an hour left of her shift.

Just do it!

Ryujin sighed and rubbed her aching head. She had enough. She rose from the couch eyeing Wongyeol, who was fixated on the show on the television. 

Ryujin ran a hand through her blue hair as she walked through the hallway. She walked into the employee office and found a obviously nervous-looking Onew, spinning slowly in his chair. He gave Ryujin a small smile as he spun around.

"You okay?" Ryujin asked, stopping just before the entrance of the office.

Onew continued to spin, "yeah."

"You know I know you're lying." Ryujin added. "What's wrong?"

Onew stopped spinning and rose, "my dog has cancer. I want to leave early, but the only way that can happen is-"

"If I stay, doing even more overtime, which I can't."

Onew nodded. He began to spin in his chair again. Ryujin apologized to him in her mind before returning to the living room to keep her eye on Wongyeol.

------------

Yoongi rubbed his legs as he sat in the waiting room. He eyed the clock, he didn't have much longer to pray that he'd get this job. 

Thanks to Woozi, Yoongi was given an opportunity to interview for a position in one of the offsite offices, as an office assistant. It wasn't his dream job, but it definitely meant he'd get a paycheck. 

Yoongi was mid-begging to the "gods above" just as a woman wearing a matching black suit opened the door to the room and walked to the desk in front of Yoongi. She smiled at the firestarter and cleared . 

"Thank you for coming in today for this interview, Yoongi."

Yoongi nodded. Unbeknownst to him, it was the same woman who had handed her child off to his father. 

The interview itself was short, which worried Yoongi. Only a few questions were asked, such as scenario-like questions, and then some commonly asked interview questions. The woman rose and held out her hand, Yoongi shook it and smiled.

"We can continue on with the next process as soon as we do a background check."

"Of course. So, I got the job?"

The mother chuckled, "not yet, but Woozi is a good friend of my sister-in-law; and we are desperate for someone to fill this position. So, keep your eye on your phone, we will call." 

Yoongi rose and bowed, "thank you for the opportunity, ma'am." 

"Please call me Jimin. Ma'am sounds like I'm old."

Yoongi nodded and thanked Jimin again before leaving. He had a huge smile on his face as he walked to his car. 
 

--------

The father and son were at a stoplight. The son hummed to himself and stared out the window. The father was staring ahead, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel. 

A woman passing in the crosswalk sauntered by, looking ahead. The father eyed her. Her attire was obviously expensive, and she was purposely showing it off. The father continued to stare at her, his tapping fingers squeezed the steering wheel. He gritted his teeth. An intense hatred immediately grew for this woman. The father had already imagined running over her, enjoying the crunching sound of her frail body underneath his car. 

The father felt a gentle poke to his side, he looked to his son in the passenger seat. The son pointed ahead, showing him the green light. The father thanked him and pressed the gas pedal to continue home. 
----------

That night, the expensive woman laughed obnoxiously with her two close friends. One was in it for the money, the other for her notoriety. The woman's purse, a designer bag, began to vibrate slightly. The woman excused herself and dug into her bag. She pulled out a vibrating phone, pressed a button and put it to her ear. 

"I'll be home soon, sweetheart. I'm just out with my girls. I bought the most dashing blazer for you to wear."

"Hurry on home soon, dinner is almost ready." A female's voice answered through the phone. 

The woman said goodbye to her sweetheart and stayed only a few minutes longer with her friends. They offered to walk with her to her car, just to get the chance to see a Lamborghini in person, but she declined and said she'd be fine. Her friends, clearly unhappy with her response, nodded and went their separate ways. 

The woman took out her keys and began her short walk to her car. She hummed to a song from her childhood. 

"Excuse me?" a male voice called out. 

The woman stopped and looked around, seeing a man running towards her. He wore a baseball cap, a white T-shirt and blue jeans. It was Jimin's husband.  "Yes?" She responded.

"I'm sorry to be a bother, but I need a girls recommendation. You see," he motioned to his car not that far from where he was standing. "My wife is returning from a huge trip this week, and I want to surprise her with a gift. Do you mind just taking a look for a moment, just to help me decide which one I should choose?" 

"Sure, go get them."

The man chuckled, "they are pretty heavy gifts, but alright. One moment." He ran back to his car, opened the backseat and grabbed two bags. He ran back over and showed them to her. "Which one would you prefer?" 

The woman looked inside one of the bags, seeing multiple sets of brand new makeup. The other bag, as she looked in, had a couple of designer purses inside. She was honestly surprised someone who dressed so casually could afford such expensive items. 

"Well?"

The woman looked between the two bags and pointed at the designer bags. "She will definitely appreciate the bags more."

The man nodded and set down the other bag. He reached into the bag with the purses and pulled out a black leather purse. The woman recognized it. She knew right then, it was a knockoff. She didn't tell the man, she didn't care to.

"Interesting."

"Yeah. Well, if that's all-" the woman began to turn to walk to her car. 

"Do you realize it's a knockoff?"

The woman stopped and looked at him. "Excuse me?"

The man's voice grew serious, almost angry. He held the bag up, "it's a knockoff."

"I see."

"You see?" The man chuckled then threw the bag on the ground near her feet. "And you were not going to say anything?!"

"I-I didn't know."

"You didn't know, how fascinating." The man chuckled. "Then why carry around such frivolous things. That bag looks nice. So does your coat, and your heels."

"What's the point of this? If you're just trying to insult me because I can afford-"

The man scoffed, "afford expensive things. How much of a prissy can one woman be? You see," the man revealed a hidden pocketknife from his back pocket, startling the woman. "Living in a world where I'm judged for what I am able to afford, thinking money makes you stronger, wiser, better than anyone else; it's a messed up way of life. One that, in my world, would be a sin."

"Listen now, man-"

"Man?" The man flicked his pocketknife, extracting the blade. "Don't even address me by my name."

"Y-you never told-"

"Treating me as if I'm less than you! As if my existence, my name, isn't relevant!"

"I-I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?"

"Yes." She began to tear up, not knowing if running was a smart choice or not.

"You are only sorry because I'm holding this knife." He eyed the blade, slowly swiping it left and right in front of him. "You see, this blade represents justice. Cutting down anyone who thinks they are above anyone else, just because they have it easy."

"Please stop."

"Why?"

"I'll scream."

"Do it. You see," he began juggling the knife between his hands. "I seem to be able to get away with a lot lately. So go ahead, scream. Heck, last month, a woman just like you; I killed her in broad daylight, just behind a column in a subway, just to see if I'd get caught, and what would you know? No one saw a thing. Hidden from cameras. Silent enough, so no one heard a thing. She didn't even touch me, couldn't get the chance to. I shanked her," he demonstrated the actions he performed that day, grunting as he pretended to stab the air. "she made no noise. Just fell. No blood. My knife drew no blood. Isn't that cool?" The man chuckled and sighed. "So scream, if I have it my way; no one will hear you."

"Please stop. What do you want? Do you want money?! I'll give you-"

Before the woman could finish, the man threw the blade at her. It pierced her forehead, killing her instantly. He walked up to her, eyeing her body before grabbing the pocketknife handle and pulling it out. Blood spurted out onto the ground. The man tilted his head at the open stab wound in her forehead, then at the blood on the ground. He grabbed the black purse he threw, his two bags, then walked back to his car.

"There was blood this time." He stated to himself. As if on cue, a torrential downpour occured right then and there. He eyed the body, walked back over to find no trace of blood. He looked around the surrounding area, no pedestrians in sight, no cameras facing the parking lot, and no light to shine. He looked at the forehead of the woman, it had begun to stitch itself back together. The man smirked. 

"Interesting."