Vessel (Part 2)

The Great Ones

Woozi and Ryujin walked into the hospital. Chuu was leaning against a wall across from Yoongi, fidgeting with her fingers. Yoongi channeled surfed from his hospital bed. 

“So we got a lead.” Woozi said.

”Yeah?”

”Sort of. We found out why we have our pow-“ Ryujin was going to finish, but Woozi elbowed her and gave her a look. “What?” Woozi nodded to Chuu, who was only half-paying attention. “Oh. We know why the masked man is after us. Power is important to him.”

”Power is important to him?” Yoongi repeated with a confused look.

”Very.” 

Woozi sighed then flicked his hands at Chuu, which froze her. 

“The masked man was possibly the same man who killed Wonho, we got our powers since birth, but we weren’t ever supposed to be able to manifest them, and the masked man is after her because he assumes she has a power too.”

”Does she?” 

Woozi and Ryujin eyed her then shrugged. Woozi sighed, “if she does, he can’t have it.”

Yoongi nodded, “obviously.” 

“So, we are thinking of using her as bait to lure the man out.” 

“He hasn’t been here.”

”Because you’re here most likely.”

”He doesn’t know me though.” 

“Doesn’t mean he hasn’t been here.” 

“So what do we do?”

Ryujin and Yoongi turned to Woozi who pursed his lips for a second before smiling, “I got it.” 

Not even five minutes later, several nurses entered Yoongi’s room; under the control of Ryujin. They lifted Yoongi into a wheelchair, much to his dismay, and wheeled him away to a different room. Chuu was about to follow him, but Woozi stopped her.

”Do you mind getting his things? We are gonna go with them.” Woozi asked. Chuu nodded and began gathering Yoongi’s belongings. 

Woozi nodded to Ryujin. Ryujin followed after Yoongi, Woozi stayed nearby. 

Chuu grabbed a duffel bag, containing Yoongi’s clothes and other belongings that he had. Before she could make another move, a blade was held across . A hand covered , muffling her scream. 

Woozi peeked his head in and saw the masked man holding Chuu. He whistled to get the man’s attention. 

The masked man turned, still holding Chuu hostage. Woozi waved at him with a smug smile. The masked man glared at him. Ryujin appeared a moment later, pushing Yoongi in with her. She noticed his different eye color. 

“It’s him.” Ryujin said, “from my vision.” 

Woozi flicked his hands, freezing Chuu and the masked man. However, the masked man already began to resist. 

Ryujin took the opportunity to disarm the masked man and remove his mask. He wasn’t anyone the three knew. She pried a frozen Chuu out of his hold, which broke the freeze. Chuu stumbled into Woozi’s arms. The man didn’t have the time to react, as he got a sudden foot to the groin from Ryujin. He winced and grabbed his groin area. Yoongi snapped his fingers, summoning a pulsating ball of fire in front of him. Chuu gasped at what she just saw. 

“You try anything, he burns you to a crisp.” 

The man sighed. His facial features were obscured behind a full face burn scar. His natural black hair had been burnt off. The three, and Chuu, were taken aback. 

“Who are you?” Ryujin asked, holding the man’s knife tight. 

The man eyed her. Ryujin waited for an answer but didn’t get one. The man tapped his head and eyed her. Ryujin understood. 

I’m here for my prize.

”What prize?” Ryujin asked. The man pointed at Chuu and smirked. “You aren’t getting her.” 

The man rolled his eyes then closed them. The man’s physical form began to disappear. Woozi froze him.

”Do it.” Woozi said to Yoongi. 

Yoongi nodded and sent the fireball at the man. The freeze broke as the man combusted into flames. He didn’t make any noise, he just stood there. Woozi covered Chuu’s eyes. The three watched as his body was reduced to mere ash. 

Ryujin shook her head then turned to her two friends. Woozi uncovered Chuu’s eyes. He gently pushed her towards Yoongi.

”Go with him, okay?” 

Chuu, shaken but okay, nodded. Yoongi eyed Woozi, “where am I going?”

”To your new room. We will take care of the rest.”

”You sure?” 

“Yeah, go.” 

Chuu wheeled Yoongi away. Before leaving, Woozi and Ryujin cleaned up the room. They left the hospital afterwords and drove home. 

After finishing the Angel summing ritual, a pillar of light appeared and Wonho stepped out. The two didn’t need to say anything. 

Wonho smiled, “thank you.”  

“Anytime.” Woozi said. 

Wonho nodded then turned back to the pillar of light. Ryujin called out to him. Wonho turned back to the two. 

“Is Chuu a vessel?” 

Wonho hesitated before nodding. 

“You should have told us that.”

”I figured you two would have figured that out. It didn’t occur to me to inform you.”

”Do you think she has the power to use it?” 

Wonho shook his head, “I made sure of it.” 

“How?” 

“Well, I will make sure of it. I’m going to take the orb away.” 

“And put it where?”

Wonho motioned at the two of them, “any takers?” 

“I’m good.” 

“Me too.” 

Wonho chuckled, “shocking. I’ll figure it out.” 

“Maybe find a place not on earth. Maybe a nice ancient urn or box, up there.” Woozi added with a smile. 

Wonho chuckled again, “noted.” Wonho said his goodbyes then walked back into the light. It disappeared a moment later. 

Ryujin fell down on the couch, “I might just sleep here. I don’t think I can make it to my room.” 

“Well, I have one more thing to do before I can pass out.” Woozi said. 

“And what’s that?” 

“I think,” Woozi blinked back a few tears, “I have to break up with Seongchul.” 

Ryujin rose, “what? Why?” 

“He doesn’t understand why I do what I do. He thinks I can just let evil walk free, give it another chance.”

”And this just came out of nowhere?” 

“No, we had a fight. A demon attacked me at work, a succubus nonetheless, and he got pissed off because she was also his new secretary.”

”That’s it?”

”I also might have accidentally summoned a barrier and cut a table in half out of anger.” Woozi said with a guilty smile. 

“I don’t think you need to break up with him, honey. Just talk to him, explain-“ 

“I did, Ryu. He didn’t see it my way.”

”Your way can be kind of,” Ryujin thought of the perfect word. “Harsh.” 

“Harsh?”

”Yeah. What exactly did you say to him after it happened?” 

“I said I know what I’m doing basically.” 

“And he said?” 

“She was my secretary, maybe she wants to good, give her a second chance.”

”Which doesn’t make any sense.” 

“Exactly!”

”You didn’t let me finish. It makes sense to us, but not to Seongchul. He hasn’t seen or faced what we have. He wants to see the good in anyone, that’s just a natural thing people who don’t fight evil everyday do.” 

Woozi sighed, “Why are you right?” 

Ryujin chuckled, “because I’m amazing.” 

“Okay.” Woozi ran a hand through his hair, “So I should go to him-“ 

“Right now.” 

“Fine.” 

Woozi didn’t waste any time and immediately drove to Seongchul’s home. He took a deep breath before knocking on the front door. It was around five in the afternoon. Woozi waited for what felt like an hour, but what was truly only a minute, until Seongchul opened the door. 

Seongchul eyed him, “what are you doing here?” His appearance was unkept. His hair was messy, and his shirt and athletic shorts were wrinkled. 

“You look like-“

”A mess. Yes. Why are you here?” 

Woozi shrugged, “I just wanted to talk to-“

”Who’s at the door?” A manly voice asked from inside. A man appeared behind Seongchul, he had no shirt on and wore a pair of Seongchul’s short. Woozi recognized the man immediately. It was a new employee under Seongchul’s department. 

Woozi’s stomach dropped, his heartbeat quickened. “Wonwoo?” 

Wonwoo’s eyes widened and he looked at Seongchul. Seongchul just stared at Woozi. Woozi pointed at the two then shook his head. 

“Woozi, I’m sorry.” Seongchul said as he tried to touch Woozi. 

Woozi raised his hands and backed away, “save it.” Tears began to escape as he looked at the two. 

“Woozi, I-“ 

Woozi flicked his hands, freezing the two. He began to cry, covering his mouth with a hand. He stared at the two, his entire being feeling destroyed and betrayed. Then anger set it, and balled his hands into fists then punched Seongchul in his face; breaking the freeze on the two. Seongchul knew what had happened. Woozi glared at the two before walking back to his car. He started his car, eyed the two still standing at the open door, then drove back home. 

When Woozi returned, Ryujin was watching a reality show. When she looked at him, she immediately noticed his puffy face and wet eyes.

”Woozi-“

”He cheated.” 

Ryujin rose from the couch and walked to him with open arms. She held him close, Woozi nuzzled into her chest and let out a loud scream. He broke down, basically falling to the ground; Ryujin joined him on the ground. 

“Why?!” Woozi yelled out. 

Ryujin hushed him and rocked him. A moment later, Ryujin guided Woozi to his room and helped him into his bed. Woozi grabbed one of his pillow and hugged it. 

“Woozi-“

”Please, just leave. I’m fine.” Woozi said.

Ryujin knew he was lying but did as he said. She closed his bedroom door and went back to the living room. She checked on him an hour later, he was fast asleep. She went to her room and fell asleep almost as soon as her head hit the pillow.