Visionary (Part 2)

The Great Ones

Ryujin ran a hand through her hair as she walked around the parking lot, eyeing the people walking to their cars. She couldn’t find the man who was near her car earlier, and there were no thoughts that could give her any chance to find the man. 

Ryujin next checked the nearby bathrooms, but found no sign of the man. She guessed he had left.

At first, Ryujin had just thought there was nothing more to go on. However, a thought popped into her head. She raced home and set up a familiar ritual in the living room. 

A pillar of light appeared and out stepped an annoyed Wonho. Ryujin had to force herself to not stare at his arms. 

“Yes?”

”Why-“

”You’re wondering about your new power.” Ryujin nodded. Wonho chuckled and held out a hand. Ryujin stared at it for a moment. Wonho wiggled his extended hand, “touch it.” 

Ryujin reluctantly poked Wonho’s hand. Nothing happened. Wonho sighed then took Ryujin’s hand and intertwined it with his. 

The lavender and vanilla smell filled the room, and Ryujin’s vision blurred. When her vision returned, Wonho was standing in front of her, unaware of her presence. 

Wonho’s appearance was younger, but his muscles were the same. He watched a figure in the distance with a smile. When the figure came over, it was a shorter male. Wonho intertwined his hands with the man’s. 

“Hey! !” A raspy voice called out. 

Before Wonho could react, a loud snap occurred. Red poured out from a bullet wound in his back. The man who he intertwined his hand with screamed and lowered him to the floor. He began yelling “no.” 

Ryujin looked over to see a hooded man, stuffing a glock pistol underneath his shirt. His eyes were an unique color, one red and one brown. His beard has been recently shaven, but had begun to grow back. He stood maybe a few inches taller than Wonho. His posture needed work, as he was slightly hunched over. The man snickered before walking away, the people passing by were too shocked to go over and help. Before Ryujin could do something, her vision blurred again and she was back in her living room. She retracted her hand from Wonho’s then eyed him. 

“You understand now?” 

Ryujin nodded at first then spoke, “But why give this-“

”That woman you saw earlier is related to my,” he stopped and sighed before continuing. “She’s my step-sister.” 

Ryujin nodded. 

“Don’t ask me why you chose to witness that. The power of sight has a mind of its own. You see what it wishes to show you.” 

“But why give this to me? You gave it to me right?” 

Wonho shook his head, “we don’t give new powers. Just the ones you were given at the beginning. Your abilities evolve and or mutate as you continue to harbor them.” Wonho cleared his throat and wiped away a lingering tear from his eye. “The sight is a mutated form of your mind reading. However, you can still read minds.” 

“Great.”

”You might be able to gain my prescience in the future, as long as you maintain your abilities. However, that’s to be determined.” 

“So me seeing-“

”Yes, it’d be unwise to ignore the visions. You should save her. For many reasons.” 

“Well how-“

”That’s for you to figure out-“

”Will you stop doing that?!” 

“It’s a habit. I apologize.” 

“Okay. I’ll save her.” 

Wonho smiled, “thank you.” 

“Yeah, of course.” 

Wonho and Ryujin looked at one another for a moment. 

“I’m gay.” 

“No .” 

Woozi spun slightly in his chair. Seongchul sat beside him, tapping his fingers on the chairs arm rests. The room was empty besides the two of them. Seongchul sighed and checked his watch on his wrist. He wore a simple white button up and black dress pants with leather shoes to match. A black blazer was draped on the back of his chair. 

“So are we not going to talk about what you just did?” Seongchul said to break the silence. 

Woozi rolled his eyes then sighed, “I said I was sorry.”

”You killed my new secretary.”

”She was a succubus!” Woozi stated, waving his hands around in defense. 

“She has an amazing resume.”

”She also tried to seduce you the moment she saw you. I’ve dealt with their kind before. Not something to mess with or leave alive.” 

“Maybe she was just-“

”Seongchul.” Woozi interjected. “She is evil.” 

“She didn’t try anything when I interviewed her!”

Woozi rose from his chair, “because she wanted to make sure she had a way in!” Woozi began to pace in the room, “I don’t mean to sound conceited or a know-it-all, but I know what I’m doing. You don’t, so when it comes to evil monsters and the such; just don’t question my choices.” 

Seongchul couldn’t help but be slightly offended by the statement. He rose from his chair, “What if some of these evil beings want to just live a normal-“

”Seongchul! For the love of god, can we please just drop this?!” Woozi said, flicking his hands unconsciously. A barrier erected in the center of the table, slicing it in half. 

The two men eyed the split table, which was only holding up due to the erected barrier. Seongchul glared at Woozi, who groaned and waved his hand at the barrier. The barrier made a sound similar to a popping sound as it disappeared. 

Woozi ran a hand through his hair, “I’m sorry. I’m still not one hundred percent with this ability. I’ll buy-“

Seongchul eyed the table again, his expression bordering on anger and sadness, ”Just go home.” 

“What?”

”You’re done for today. You can clock-“

”Seongchul, you know I didn’t mean to-“

”Go!” Seongchul yelled, startling Woozi. Those outside the room looked over when hearing their boss yell. Woozi gave Seongchul a look before shaking his head and walking out. 

Woozi didn’t say a word to WooHee, who asked if he was okay. He clocked out and went to the elevator to go home. 

Woozi rode down the elevator in silence, clutching his jacket he took from his cubicle before leaving. He shook his head again as he felt tears start to form. He exited as soon as the doors opened. He made it to his car and entered before breaking down in a fit of tears. 

Ryujin sat on the couch, her legs crossed over one another, as Woozi walked in through the front door. She held a printed out picture of Wonho’s stepsister. Her eyes were closed and she took slow deep breaths, trying to activate her new ability. 

Woozi eyed her, “what are you doing?” 

Ryujin shushed him. Woozi shrugged then went to his bedroom to mope.

Ryujin gripped the picture tightly but nothing was happened. She opened her eyes eventually then sighed. She set the picture down and rose, stretching her limbs in the process. Suddenly, her vision blurred. 

When Ryujin’s vision returned, she was back in the dark room. Wonho’s stepsister sat, now with more cuts and bruises, tied up in the same corner. She was unconscious. Ryujin tried to move but she found herself stuck in place. She could only move her head. She looked around, trying to find a clue as to the woman’s whereabouts. The only thing that could be seen was a banged up metal sign, with the writing on it being obscured due to weathering. She did make out one word, that being ‘wharf.’ Before she could do anything else, her vision blurred once more. When it returned, she was back in her living room. 

Ryujin eyed the picture then stared up before chuckling, “why do all of my powers have a mind of their own?” 

“What?” 

Ryujin turned around, finding Woozi standing in front of her. He was now wearing an extra large T-shirt, most likely Seongchul’s, and baggy sweatpants. His socks were off, but he was wearing slippers. 

“What do you mean all of your powers?” 

Ryujin went up to him and smiled, “guess who has a new power?!” 

Woozi eyed her, “You?” 

“Yep.” 

“What is it?” 

“I’ll explain in the car. Let’s go!” 

Ryujin took ahold of Woozi by his wrist and dragged him out the front door. 

“But I’m in my comfy clothes!” 

The two drove to several nearby wharfs, but found no sign of what Ryujin was looking for. They drove to another wharf, just a few miles down the road. It was pitch black, as the few outside lights had been mysteriously smashed. 

“Okay, let me get this straight. You can now see stuff?”

”Past and present. Like visions or something. Wonho said it’s a mutation of my mind reading.”

”You summoned Wonho?” 

“Yeah. I figured he gave me my new power, and possibly yours, but he said our powers evolve or mutate as we grow stronger.” Ryujin explained as she parked the car on the side of the road across from the wharf. 

“I see. So it sounds like psychometry.” 

“What’s that?” 

“Ability to perceive information, past or present, from an object or person or whatever.” 

“Again, how do you know this stuff?”

”Psychometry is used by some psychics. You know I watch ghost shows. Some of the psychics they bring on use psychometry, so they can-“

”Okay. You lost me, and I don’t care. Let’s go save Wonho’s stepsister.” Ryujin said as she opened her door to exit.

“Rude.” Woozi muttered before opening his door to get out. 

The two ran across the street and onto the wharf. The noticed a decrepit building to their left, which had a few lights on inside. 

“There.” Ryujin said. The two ran to the building. 

Ryujin and Woozi split up to examine the outside. Ryujin went slowly past the windows, trying to peer inside. However, all she could see was darkness and the glint off of certain metal contraptions from the moonlight. Woozi walked briskly around the back, finding an open door propped up with a cinderblock. Woozi took a step inside, eyeing the area. The room he walked into was a foyer-like area. There was a single bench and a pair of workmans boots beside it. A dim light hung from above. Ryujin caught up to him, after reaching the back from her way, and whispered his name to make her presence known. 

The two passed through the foyer and into a large room. It seemed to be where Ryujin saw the contraptions from outside. They turned out to be machines used to help process caught fish. 

“Another bust?” Woozi whispered to Ryujin.

Ryujin shrugged, “I don’t know.” 

Ryujin opened up her mind to wandering thoughts. At first there was silence. However, a faint voice echoed in her head. 

I don’t want to die here.

Ryujin perked up and looked around. She nudged Woozi, “someone’s here.” 

Woozi and Ryujin checked for another door, and found one in the corner of the large room. They slowly turned the handle, grimacing when it made a slight clicking sound, and opened the door. Suddenly, a masked man came out from the darkness with a nail’d baseball bat. Woozi shrieked and raised his hands. The man froze. The bat was just inches away from Woozi’s forehead. Ryujin pulled the boy back. 

A whimpering from a dark corner in the room caught the two’s attention. Woozi nodded to Ryujin, who went to investigate. 

Ryujin noticed the black outline of someone sitting in a corner in the far left corner of the room. She ran up to it and kneeled down. 

“Woozi, get me some light.” Ryujin called out. 

Woozi nodded and walked over, using his phones flashlight to illuminate the area. The figure hid its face from the light for a moment before looking back up at the two. Her normally natural features were now covered in dirt, bruises and reddened cuts. Her clothes tattered and her body shaking profusely. 

“That’s her.” Ryujin said. 

“Muscle man’s stepsister?”

”Yeah.” 

“Great. Let me deal with the masked man first.” Woozi said, turning around. He shined his flashlight that way. “Oh.” 

“What?” Ryujin said, tending to the restraints on the girl. 

“He’s gone.” 

“How? I thought normal humans are completely-“

”Then he must not be human.” Woozi interjected. “Wanna ask her?” 

“Let’s just get her back to the house first. Then we can tackle that.” 

“Ok.” 

Woozi walked out of the room, to secure an easy exit for the two girls. Eventually, they returned back to the house. Ryujin took the girl immediately to the bathroom while Woozi went to turn Yoongi’s bed into a proper one for the woman. 

Ryujin led the woman to strip down and enter the running shower. Ryujin helped her clean and walked out for a moment to find her some wearable clothes. She returned and found the woman standing in the shower still.

Ryujin handed her a towel for her to dry off with. The woman extended her shaky hand, grabbed it, and dried herself off. Ryujin looked at her, “I need to dress your wounds. Okay?” The woman nodded. Ryujin tried her best to be gentle as she wrapped up and bandaged the woman’s many wounds. Ryujin then handed her a T-shirt, underwear, and a pair of leggings to wear. She helped the woman into the clothes. “Do you have a name?” Ryujin asked. 

“Chuu.” 

Ryujin guided a calmer Chuu to Yoongi’s bedroom and helped her inside the covers. After making sure she was comfortable, she looked down at Chuu. “You’ll be safe here. Okay? Rest.” 

Chuu nodded and closed her eyes immediately. Ryujin left the door open, letting the hallway light shine into the dark room. Woozi stood in the hallway.

”How is she?” Woozi whispered.

“Scared. That’s to be expected. I’ll do first watch.” 

“You sure?” 

“Yeah.” 

Woozi nodded before retiring to his room to rest. Ryujin sat down on the couch in the living room and the TV, she had it on low to listen to any possible noise. The night was calm however. In the morning, Woozi and Ryujin watched a peacefully sleeping Chuu. 

“Should we contact Wonho?” Woozi asked.

”Not yet. Let’s make sure this masked man is no longer a problem before then.”

”What if Wonho knows the guy?”

”I have a feeling he might, but I might know who it is as well.” 

“You do?” 

“She might too.” Ryujin added. “I just want her to sleep right now. Do you mind watching her while I’m at work.” 

“Yeah, you’re good. I got her.” 

Ryujin nodded before walking away to gather her belongings for work. 

“Overtime?” Woozi asked when Ryujin exited her room. 

“I just switched shifts with someone. I’ll be back by three.” 

Woozi nodded and watched Ryujin leave before turning back to a sleeping Chuu.