Magical Evening

The Great Ones

Ryujin shut the door behind her as she walked in, her cheek a shade of red. It was no lie she was in a crap ton of pain. 

At first, the house was silent. However, as soon as Ryujin sat down at the table, Woozi strided in. 

“Something weird happened.” The boy was visually panicked, swear starting to form on his forehead.

She won’t believe me! I don’t even believe myself!

Ryujin eyed his state, “Why do you think I won’t believe you.”

Woozi was startled, “I didn’t say that.”

”I know.”

”I thought that.”

”Correct.”

Woozi ran out of the room and returned a moment later with a large book, covered in a black ribbon that was keeping it from opening. Woozi untied the ribbon and opened it, he skimmed through some of the pages.

Can she read my mind?

Woozi eyed Ryujin, who simply nodded.

How long have you been able to read-

“Since two thirty. During work, it happened, and also time stopped or something.”

Woozi sat down at the table, facing Ryujin. Woozi scanned a page in the book and slid it over to her. Ryujin turned the book so she could read it and eyed the page closely.

Telepathy. The ability to read minds is one of the powers associated with it. Or it might just be simply mind reading.

Ryujin waved her hands up in the air, hoping to cut off Woozi’s thought. “Stop doing that! It feels like my ear is going to pop!”

”Sorry.”

Ryujin eyed the page. She slid the book away and shook her head, “this makes absolutely no sense.”

”Telepathy is-“

”No not that, the fact that I have it is the problem!” 

Woozi grabbed the book and turned to a page he bookmarked, he then slid it to her.

”Get that book away from me.” Ryujin rose and took a step back. 

Woozi took the book back and showed her the page. It was on a section called Inanimated Stasis.

Ryujin shook her head “I don’t know what that is.”

”I do, because I can do it.”

Ryujin places her hands on her hips, “You can?”

”Yes. I just raise my hands up, and sometimes things stop moving or something like that.” 

“Can you also do this Telepathy thing too?”

Woozi shrugged and focused in on Ryujin. There was just silence. Woozi shook his head.

”Great.”

”But time stopped for me too, on the elevator at work. At first I thought it was a mechanical problem, but it makes sense now.” Woozi added, flipping through the book again.

”What are you looking for?”

”Time related stuff.” Woozi answered.

Before Woozi could continue further in the book, Yoongi bursted through the door. His backpack singed and his hair smelling burnt. 

The smell was horrendous, causing Ryujin and Woozi to cover their noses.

Yoongi dropped his bag and pointed to his hair “My hair caught on fire. Some was smoking, and we all know how much I hate smoking, and I passed her and the ashes from her cigarette combusted and attacked me.” Yoongi put up his hand, “And that’s not all folks. During class, the flame on the burner shot a ball of fire.”

Woozi began searching through the book. Yoongi eyed him then turned to Ryujin, immediately noticing the mark on her face. 

Damn that looks painful.

”It hurts like hell.” Ryujin replied, to Yoongi’s surprise.

Woozi shoved the book in Yoongi’s face, his finger on the word Fire Manipulation. Yoongi swatted Woozi’s book away.

”Did time also stop for you too?” Woozi added.

”What?” Yoongi eyed him like he was crazy. “No.”

”Are you sure? We all know you have tunnel vision when it comes to being late for class.” Woozi replied.

”Shut up, Woozi.” Yoongi said, walking out of the room. The other two followed.

”Ryujin can read minds, and I can freeze people.” Woozi said, trying to keep up with Yoongi. Ryujin sulked behind.

Yoongi turned his head slightly, “Is that so?” The hot-headed boy continuing down the hall to his bedroom.

”Yoongi please listen to me. I’m serious.” Woozi said, trying to grab his friends hand.

Yoongi yanked his arm away “Leave me alone!”

Woozi stopped, Ryujin right behind him. Woozi raised his hands in frustration, “will you just stop for-“

The paper-ripping sound occured. Suddenly, Yoongi was frozen, mid-walk. Ryujin’s eyes widened.

Woozi was just as shocked, “I did it again.”

”What did you do?”

Woozi ignored the question and walked up to the frozen Yoongi. Ryujin hesitantly followed.

Woozi circled the boy, ending up in front of him, then turned to Ryujin.

Yoongi suddenly moved, running right into Woozi. The two stumbling to the ground. Ryujin stared in confusion.

Yoongi looked at his friend, “where the did you come from?!”

”When I look away, it stops.” Woozi says to himself, smiling wide.

Yoongi rose and helped Woozi up, who gladly took his friends hand. 

“Can we just sit and talk please,” Woozi looked at Ryujin “all of us?”

Ryujin nodded. The two looked to Yoongi, who stared at where he remembered seeing Woozi last before being taken to the ground.

Yoongi signed then nodded, “okay.”

Woozi smiled. The three went back to the table, where the book laid open to a page titled “The Great Ones.”