Chapter 51

Perfect Imperfections
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The warm sunshine seeped through the small gap of the curtains in his room. The blinding light nudged his closed eyes, forcing him to do nothing but to wake up. Jungsoo stirred slightly, his hands crawling to his side searching for another sleeping form. 

None. 

The bed felt too cold; Jungsoo cracked his eyes open and frowned when the supposed person sleeping next to him wasn't there.

'Perhaps, he woke up early.'

 

 

 

Jungsoo smiled as the scenes from last night didn't want to go away from his mind, their sinful moans vivid on his ears making him blush madly. He finally rose and got off the bed, slipping a shirt on the way to search for Heechul.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

"Baby?"

 

 

 

It was too quiet; the only sound was the water trickling from the tap in his bathroom. He shut the tap completely and felt weird as he noticed the shower was too dry as if no one entered it for hours. 

Where was Heechul? 

Jungsoo began to feel uneasiness creeping into his heart. He walked slowly to his living room and, again, it was too empty. Only the piles of documents occupying the coffee table came to his vision. His heart raced due to something unknown but he was aware that the unknown usually brought the severest blow.

 

 

 

 

 

"Heechul?"

 

 

 

The kitchen, the dining room, the balcony—there was no space in his house left uninspected, yet not even the scent of Heechul was found. Jungsoo was about to recheck the entire house once again when he saw that the pair of shoes sitting in front of the entrance last night was no longer there. Something was off and it was tugging his heart. He quickly jogged to his room and grabbed his phone. He cursed mentally when his fingers trembled as he was about to call the contact.

 

 

 

 

 

Strange. 

Jungsoo thought he heard a phone ringing from his living room and he immediately followed the sound. The closer he got the louder the noise was. His eyes scanned the room warily and his heart stopped when he saw Heechul's phone on one of the bookshelf, blinking. What made him got even more frantic was that one of the photo frames—a picture of them— that was originally hanging on the wall lied beside the vibrating mobile. He held the phone and his fear doubled in an instant by the fact that he couldn't even contact the latter.

 Where was Heechul?

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jungsoo slammed his car door shut and wasted no time immediately running towards the building. The elevator trip almost broke his patience if not for the fact that he couldn't do something about it. As soon as he reached the floor, he dashed to his destination. He hurriedly rang the bell, knocking and even banging the poor door when he got no response whatsoever.

 

 

 

"Heechul?"

Jungsoo's half-shout sounded so desperate. It was so quiet as if there were no one inside the house.

"Hee-"

 

 

 

"Excuse me, Sir?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo abruptly turned to an unfamiliar voice coming from the unit next to Heechul's. He sighed and was about to apologize due to his commotion in the early morning when suddenly a kid came out of from behind the person. He recognized the little boy and it seemed that the other did the same.

 

 

 

"Mr. Donut!"

Jungsoo was stunned for a moment before he forced a beam of the nickname he earned from Hyunsoo—the kid he asked for help from back then.

 

 

 

"Mr. Donut?" the person Jungsoo assumed was his mother asked to which the little boy nodded vigorously.

"He's Uncle Heechul's friend. He's very kind, Mommy."

The woman turned to him and had an unreadable look on her face. Jungsoo sensed something was about to come, something he didn't want to hear nor to be aware of.

"Are you, in case, Mr. Park Jungsoo?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo's eyes dilated and the only thing he could do was nodding; his voice was choked on his throat. The woman entered her house for a moment leaving the bewildered Jungsoo alone with the little boy who was as clueless as he. When she came back, she wasn't empty-handed. An elegant box was on her hands, wrapped nicely yet it made Jungsoo damn afraid. She gave it to him hesitantly, her face distraught.

 

 

 

 

 

"Heechul asked me to give this box to you."

Jungsoo's heart twitched a little when he saw a tag of Heechul's company on the knot of the pretty ribbon.

"Where's he? He isn't home, is he?"

The woman bit her lip out of nervousness, like something she said would make the man in front of her might hate her as the news bearer.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Heechul sold his unit. He has officially moved out yesterday, Mr. Park."

 

 

 

 

 

Nightmare—let it be a nightmare. Jungsoo's mind went blank as the information seeped into his brain. Just yesterday he thought he had Heechul to come back to him, just yesterday he thought he would definitely fight for their love till the end; however, it was all crashed when he woke up this morning. What he wanted now was to go back to sleep and woke up with Heechul sleeping peacefully beside him, clutching his arm like the younger always did.

 

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was fortunate that Jungsoo managed to drive back home safely when he probably had forgotten his own name. All of these were fleeting as if Jungsoo wasn't living his life at the moment. No tears came out; why would he cry when he still believed it wasn't real? 

 

 

 

He kicked his shoes off, striding sluggishly to his bedroom before plopping down on the bed. He grazed his blanket and the foreign feeling of denial struck him. Nothing was explainable; everything made no sense. Heechul was coming back to him last night, asserting his longing, his worries, his love so why was he suddenly gone? Did he do something wrong?

 

 

 

His wandering fingers traveled farther, stopped when they hit the box Heechul's neighbor gave him earlier, along with the painful news. His mind told him not to open it but his heart screamed at him to open and got a clue as to why his boyfriend vanished. He followed the latter. Slowly, he untied the beautiful knot, the tag where Petal was printed fancily slipping from his fingers. His heart thumped loudly telling him to prepare the storm he was about to face. 

 

 

 

Jungsoo opened the box and the moment he saw the content, he wished he could just die. The tux—his wedding tux was folded nicely on the box, with the little details that were only Heechul's sans the wings he exclusively requested. His hands lost its strength, the box falling from his grip hitting the floor too loudly for the quietness Jungsoo was in. He dropped his head and just then, he saw a small piece of paper sticking out from the disheveled clothes. He picked it up and read it slowly.

 

 

 

 

 

"In the end, I was the lost boy wishing for an imaginary home."

 

 

 

 

 

Each word ripped his heart mercilessly, nailing his brain until it became numb, shattering his body into tiny little pieces that were impossible to be fixed. Like that, his tears finally fell because now it was clear, right in front of his eyes showing how pathetic he was even when he tried to close his eyes and hide. Heechul left him. He screamed on top of his lungs, growling like a lion whose mate died for he wasn't able to protect.

He failed.

He lost him.

 

 

 

 

 

][-ooo-][

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Yes, I'm with Donghae. What is it, hyung?"

"Pass the phone."

 

 

 

Jungsoo said curtly, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel impatiently. His throat was a bit sore from the constant wailing but he knew he shouldn't stay like that for too long; he had to find his boyfriend. There was a rustle on the other line before Donghae's timid voice was heard.

"Yes, hyung?"

"Where's Heechul?"

"H-heechul-hyung? I don't know where he is, probably in his apartment. He never has any agenda on the weekend let alone at night."

"Dammit. Can you ask Sungmin or his other employees, friends, anyone?"

 

 

 

There was a long pause, soft talk between Hyukjae and Donghae indecent to Jungsoo. He was about to end the call as it was fruitless when the phone was passed to Hyukjae again.

"What happened, hyung? It's already late."

"Heechul is missing," answered Jungsoo, bearing much pain in retelling the cruel reality. He heard Hyukjae drew a short breath, Donghae gasping.

"What do you mean missing? He's going out to drink again?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo wished it were only that simple. He wished Heechul were just mad at him, going out to get wasted and later he could get him back home. He sighed tiredly, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"No. He sold his apartment and tell Donghae to quit calling Heechul's phone because it's ing with me. Heechul left it."

Jungsoo tightened his clutch on the phone vibrating showing Donghae's name on its screen.

"What?! He sold his- Hyung?! Where are you now? Where are you going?"

 

 

 

Jungsoo cursed mentally because Hyukjae got a very good hearing even the slight noise coming from his starting the car engine was caught by the younger. He scoffed, clenching his jaws as he was about to race his car on the road.

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter